Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Normandy blend is good but my freezer is too small for a 5 lb bag of veggies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Whooping Crabs posted:

Normandy blend is good but my freezer is too small for a 5 lb bag of veggies.

Costco can help with that issue.

Grandito
Sep 6, 2008
Why buy Pub Mix when you can get the giant tub of peanut butter filled pretzels instead?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Grandito posted:

Why buy Pub Mix when you can get the giant tub of peanut butter filled pretzels instead?

Those are my current fav.

The honey mustard mix though, that gets hard to eat after about half a bag.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
The new Jachs flannels are in! Got a baby blue one while wearing last years green one :smug:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
forgot to add that my Costco had the entry section, you know the one right at the front door with all the hot stuff. It was every item you needed to ski and snowboard, sans actual boards or skis. Pretty cool.

Also they have all the christmas toys and decorations already. :wtc:

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
How long are the sleeves on the flannels? I wear mediums, but I have long arms. I've almost given up on long sleeved clothing because they always come up short.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Chinatown posted:

forgot to add that my Costco had the entry section, you know the one right at the front door with all the hot stuff. It was every item you needed to ski and snowboard, sans actual boards or skis. Pretty cool.

Also they have all the christmas toys and decorations already. :wtc:

every day is christmas in costco

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GI_Clutch posted:

How long are the sleeves on the flannels? I wear mediums, but I have long arms. I've almost given up on long sleeved clothing because they always come up short.

The jachs flannels come in Tall sizes too. Not too sure bout a Medium Tall, but I'm 6'2 and the sleeves are perfect on my XL tall.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
why are those the only clothing item from costco to come in tall sizes

blessed yet tests me

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Normandy blend is good except the veggie amounts are very inconsistent. Get through half the bag and it’s mostly just broccoli and cauliflower left. One time we got a bag and it was around 75% cauliflower.

Btw, the Kirkland toilet paper sucks. Don’t care how much it’s on sale. You might as well be buying Scott for how thin and flimsy it is. Pay the little extra for the Charmin or whatever. You’re worth it.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Normandy blend is good except the veggie amounts are very inconsistent. Get through half the bag and it’s mostly just broccoli and cauliflower left. One time we got a bag and it was around 75% cauliflower.

Btw, the Kirkland toilet paper sucks. Don’t care how much it’s on sale. You might as well be buying Scott for how thin and flimsy it is. Pay the little extra for the Charmin or whatever. You’re worth it.

yeah ive noticed that sometimes. i'm actually fine with it's mostly broccoli and cauliflower, i dont particularly like those sliced yellow carrots. but yeah it can really vary a lot

iirc kirkland has 2 types of TP. one is basically Scotts quarter-ply translucent rear end-Chaff version and the other is a good 2-ply. i think the "good" one is called kirkland ultra soft bath tissue. I used to buy it for years however I semi-recently bought the Charmin Ultrasoft a year or so ago when it was on sale and that's all I buy now, it's only a little bit more and worth it.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Oct 15, 2019

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

A dollar or two savings isn't worth a bloody b hole. Care for it and it will care for you.

Charmin's on sale this month.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Sad day at my costco. They look to have stopped stocking Kirkland Super Premium Vanilla Ice Cream. High quality ice cream is a very hard find here in South Korea, these past few years they've been stripping a lot of foreign goods from Costco and simply stocking more local stuff instead. I am really considering not renewing my membership.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I cooked dinner for 4 people on a diet last night so I steamed half a bag of Normandy blend and mixed in some sauteed mushrooms as a side.

Every single bite was gone.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The Normandy veggies are amazing in stir fry dishes.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Rip up some Costco Rotiss onto your steamed Normandy for a healthy lunch option. Or say gently caress it and hit up the merch mosque for 2 combo slices at 1600 cals total. It's all good my brothers and sisters.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

E_P posted:

Sad day at my costco. They look to have stopped stocking Kirkland Super Premium Vanilla Ice Cream. High quality ice cream is a very hard find here in South Korea, these past few years they've been stripping a lot of foreign goods from Costco and simply stocking more local stuff instead. I am really considering not renewing my membership.

wtf

Mass quantities of good imported poo poo was the whole point of Costco Korea.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ok so got 3 bags of candy and a flannel the other day. Forgot to mention that this still have a pallet of MD 20/20 for $19 buckos. I can't remember but I vaguely remember them being like $30+ bucks or something? Gonna have to view my old post.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Found the post.

$35 bucks

$19.97

Idk why they marked it up so high and or why they marked it down so low. Though, in my experience, $19.97 makes way more sense than $35 for a 12pk.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Im violently ill and hungover just looking at those photos.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Chinatown posted:

Im violently ill and hungover just looking at those photos.

Ugh, same.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Found the post.

$35 bucks

$19.97

Idk why they marked it up so high and or why they marked it down so low. Though, in my experience, $19.97 makes way more sense than $35 for a 12pk.

Goddamn $1.66 for a bottle of hooch, I could live like a drunken king for a while at that price.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That's like 2 days worth of bum wine. The best wine.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Doesn't the fact that the price ends in 97 instead of 99 mean that they're not going to restock it? Better stock up if so.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

My costco's food court now has a self-serve kiosk. By the time you pay and get to the counter, your order is ready.

The future is now.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

My costco's food court now has a self-serve kiosk. By the time you pay and get to the counter, your order is ready.

The future is now.

Saw this at church the other day, the guy running the counter looked like he wanted to die. I'm worried this curses the poor boy.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Doesn't the fact that the price ends in 97 instead of 99 mean that they're not going to restock it? Better stock up if so.

Yeah, it's an item on closeout and likely won't be back. The asterisk in the top right also means it's the last of inventory.

quote:

The last two digits in the price can tell you a lot. Regular priced items usually end with a .99 ending; though sometimes this might not be the case. However, the ones with the .97 endings are those items that did not sell and must be cleared out. The mark downs on close out items might not be huge, but at least you’ll know that they are somewhat discounted and that they won’t be in stock much longer. Once they sell out, that’s it.

Is there an asterisk (*) in the upper right hand corner? The asterisk in the upper right hand corner of the pricing sign indicates items that will not be restocked. So, once they’ve sold out of the current stock this item is gone gone gone. If it is something you really like, this is your tip off to buy extra because chances are it will not be on the shelf the next time you’re at Costco. These items may, or may not, be marked down, but now you’ll be able to tell that from the the price, right?

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 17, 2019

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

That's like 2 days worth of bum wine. The best wine.

Please do not put it up your butt.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Ultimate Mango posted:

Please do not put it up your butt.

Yeah, stick it up my butt instead.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

You don't buttchug MD 20/20, you buttsip it.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Look, someones gotta buttchug these mad dogs. This pallet has been here forever and might be here till next year. Looks like half is gone from the last time I saw it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Xaris posted:

yeah ive noticed that sometimes. i'm actually fine with it's mostly broccoli and cauliflower, i dont particularly like those sliced yellow carrots. but yeah it can really vary a lot

iirc kirkland has 2 types of TP. one is basically Scotts quarter-ply translucent rear end-Chaff version and the other is a good 2-ply. i think the "good" one is called kirkland ultra soft bath tissue. I used to buy it for years however I semi-recently bought the Charmin Ultrasoft a year or so ago when it was on sale and that's all I buy now, it's only a little bit more and worth it.

Same with the normandy blend. Although I like the carrots and stuff just for the color. poo poo, I just steam them. And since they are frozen and have so much moisture I just throw them in a pot with no water, season them, and put the lid on. They come out just fine, fully cooked, still moist, and crunchy which is how I like them.

I never understood the TP issue with Kirkland brand. People in here HATE it but I love it. Then, as you said, I learned there are two types. I get the ultra soft bath tissue which is the 2 ply and comparable to any other normal stuff. Maybe except for charmin but if you want to half-rear end (heh) wipe your rear end with a smooth pillow then go for it.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Oct 17, 2019

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I have a friend who's father was a very open alcoholic and who was also very open about the fact that the only reason my friend was conceived was that mom and dad were both absolutely plastered on MD 20/20. My buddy calls it "conception juice."

Edit: The Kirkland Ultra Soft TP is absolutely fine. I actually prefer it to Charmin, which isn't really rough enough to clean as well as the Kirkland stuff. That may be different if a goon diet leaves you with liquid shits that only need to be blotted up, I'm not sure. Plus if you re used to using normal TP, and then try Charmin, you will use way too much because it is at least twice as thick as normal TP.

therobit fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Oct 17, 2019

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

re: Self Checkout Food Court Kiosks...saw they put them in at my store from the checkout line with my stuff. Was going to get a dog and decided to skip it because there were dozens of people swarming them scratching their heads. It was chaos and as much as I wanted that free refill I didn't want to get caught up in it.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Can someone point me to (or post) a list of all the Costco tricks? Like the price/asterisk thing... what day they rotate stock... when sales start... that kind of thing? It would be good to have in the thread I think.

Maybe Chinatown could add it to the op even so people can go back and reference it.

I now live across the street from Costco. Like, it would take longer to drive there than it does to walk. I feel very blessed. I can literally go every day if I want to, but I’d rather go when I know something new is going to be put out or the prices change/sales happen.

Can the congregation point me to the proper scriptures please?

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

namlosh posted:

Can someone point me to (or post) a list of all the Costco tricks? Like the price/asterisk thing... what day they rotate stock... when sales start... that kind of thing? It would be good to have in the thread I think.

Maybe Chinatown could add it to the op even so people can go back and reference it.

I now live across the street from Costco. Like, it would take longer to drive there than it does to walk. I feel very blessed. I can literally go every day if I want to, but I’d rather go when I know something new is going to be put out or the prices change/sales happen.

Can the congregation point me to the proper scriptures please?

https://www.consumerreports.org/consumerist/learn-the-costco-price-tag-code-to-save-more-cash/

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Decided to give the Costco pot pie another chance after being awfully disappointed in one I bought about a decade ago.

Trip report: it's good.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

The Midniter posted:

Decided to give the Costco pot pie another chance after being awfully disappointed in one I bought about a decade ago.

Trip report: it's good.

Damned straight OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

It probably varies a bit by warehouse, but the Issaquah one is always pretty solid, and it feels like there are two entire rotisserie chickens worth of meat in it.

My oven sucks though, so I usually have to cook it for an extra 20 minutes longer than it says