Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Some of the stuff on the map requires the metal detector. I've also come across stuff with the detector that isn't on the map, so it's worth it to ride with it out still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Can you change your appearance for free as many times as you want now, or did R* just give everyone one free change? I can see that “free” taunting me in the player menu but I’m not sure how much I have to make it count.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Ainsley McTree posted:

Can you change your appearance for free as many times as you want now, or did R* just give everyone one free change? I can see that “free” taunting me in the player menu but I’m not sure how much I have to make it count.

You get one free change and if you took part in the Outlaw Pass, you get an additional free appearance voucher. After that, it starts to cost gold bars.

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

nobody likes a rotten pumbo
locking the hat tip emote behind level 20 trader when i don't care about hunting is an attack on me personally

PlisskensEyePatch
Oct 10, 2012

Squirrel Burger posted:

locking the hat tip emote behind level 20 trader when i don't care about hunting is an attack on me personally

This was absolutely my motivation for trader stuff.

Gun spinning is the goal for bounty hunter.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Frustrating to complete a delivery only for the game to crash before I get my money but after my goods are deducted...

Oh cool, game crashing after completing a supply mission too. I'm really enjoying the pursuits update but the instability and camp glitch is making it difficult :/

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
The hat tip emote when you're not wearing a hat is so good. It's worth every piece of dead animal and wagon ride to earn it.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Trader becomes absurdly fast once you unlock the wagon and collector is a mindless effort. Bounty Hunter was by far the most grindy of the three. I spent most of last week finishing out the last seven or so levels on the legendary bounty because it would net you anywhere from 1300-1500 xp per mission, which is more than half a level. Not sure if this week's rewards as much at the same five-star tier but legendaries seems to be the best way to get that experience.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB2onrc_-1o

:popeye:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

holy loving moly

I'm going to go look at video card prices and cry.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

PS4 players will finally be able to experience RDR2 in 4K. :cheeky:

Edit: The PC version running at 60fps is a huge improvement though.

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 18, 2019

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
60? this game is going to be beautiful at 144.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Zigmidge posted:

60? this game is going to be beautiful at 144.

Such numbers sound like witchcraft to this console pleb.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Powershift posted:

holy loving moly

I'm going to go look at video card prices and cry.

i'm not even going to watch this video, even the file size is too rich for my blood, i can't tempt myself

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

i'm not even going to watch this video, even the file size is too rich for my blood, i can't tempt myself

Just watching the video maxes out my CPU :(

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
2080ti masterrace checking in, incredibly ready for the PC launch.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Dumb question, but what price shows up on the launcher for each region? At the moment I'm in Japan and it's showing me 8618 JPY for the special edition which seems really high (it's essentially $80 USD), and since I'm not leaving here until after the pre-order bonuses finish I'm wondering whether to just take the plunge or not.

Incredibly, I can't seem to actually find the loving prices listed anywhere, every website only says it's available for preorder via the launcher (or just shows me the cost for a PS4/XB1 disc).

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

webmeister posted:

Dumb question, but what price shows up on the launcher for each region? At the moment I'm in Japan and it's showing me 8618 JPY for the special edition which seems really high (it's essentially $80 USD), and since I'm not leaving here until after the pre-order bonuses finish I'm wondering whether to just take the plunge or not.

Incredibly, I can't seem to actually find the loving prices listed anywhere, every website only says it's available for preorder via the launcher (or just shows me the cost for a PS4/XB1 disc).

Canada shows $79.99 cad which is normal for new games.

If it matters to you, you can buy it through a VPN in the country you plan on playing the game in.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Special Edition: $60 USD
Ultimate Edition: $80 USD

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Right, so japan just gets screwed on price I guess. Will bust out the VPN and buy it in Australia assuming it matches the US price. Thanks friends!

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

webmeister posted:

Right, so japan just gets screwed on price I guess. Will bust out the VPN and buy it in Australia assuming it matches the US price. Thanks friends!

Australia gets screwed as well. I just purchased the special edition for $90 cause the ultimate was $114 which seemed too much tbh. Ready and raring to go though when it releases.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Anyone else encountering some hosed up animals that can't be harvested, or poisoned toads, anything like that?

EDIT: I appear to be in a place where the water is poisoned by lead, according to other sources I've consulted? Never found this before.

Nucular Carmul fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 19, 2019

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Nucular Carmul posted:

Anyone else encountering some hosed up animals that can't be harvested, or poisoned toads, anything like that?

EDIT: I appear to be in a place where the water is poisoned by lead, according to other sources I've consulted? Never found this before.

This post is hilarious if you forgot what thread you clicked into.

Stay safe Nucular Carmul

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

stay outta armadillo! they got the cholera

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Using Mountain Hymn for that trailer is super loving unfair, now I need to get a new video card and a better monitor and just blast that poo poo straight into my brain holes at the best quality possible.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Has Rockstar talked about the multiplayer competitive for the PC release? Will they be getting rid of the auto lock-on for all game modes for this?

Jandipoo
Mar 29, 2008

I am the great Cornholio!

I said come in! posted:

Has Rockstar talked about the multiplayer competitive for the PC release? Will they be getting rid of the auto lock-on for all game modes for this?

I assume so, since GTA:O on PC separates people in online if you turn controller lock-on on.

I hope they bring free aim only lobbies to RDO console edition too. The current rotation selection is garbage, just let me pick the one I want already. Also, free aim only story missions and free roam.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
If you're playing a horse-n-buggy game with a controller on a PC in the year 2019 then I just don't know what to tell you even. I used my controller to drive in GTA V but there's no need for it in RDR2.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
This is probably an unpopular opinion but I like how the extremely liberal aim assist turns the game from precision reflexes to getting the drop on people.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I feel like the competitive modes will be a lot less frustrating when no one can just auto lock onto your head and get an instant headshot with zero effort. But that remains to be seen. It still won't make RDO a fun experience most likely.

Jandipoo
Mar 29, 2008

I am the great Cornholio!

I said come in! posted:

I feel like the competitive modes will be a lot less frustrating when no one can just auto lock onto your head and get an instant headshot with zero effort. But that remains to be seen. It still won't make RDO a fun experience most likely.

They have free aim PvP modes now. Its full of shotguns though.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
I feel like third-person games like this are better on controller anyway, the analogue movement just makes more sense vs having only forward, back and strafe left/right with WASD. Obviously you can be more precise with shooting like in FPS's, but the auto-aim works well enough to compensate.

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

got my hat tip and my cool horse and my springfield and now i'm bored again. don't care about grinding out levels. what's a good place to sit and watch other players act like psychopaths, i remember when valentine was murder alley but i hear annesburg is the war zone these days

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

Annesburg is only lit up because it's where the legendary bounties dump you after they're done so the Extremely Bored gather there to light up a reliable source of spawns. That'll change tomorrow, to wherever the new bounty leaves you.

If you're into free-roam PVP Saint Denis can be a fun time, as the rooftops and alleyways combine well with the autoaim. For a more literal interpretation of your request, if you climb onto the roof of Strawberry Jail there's a sit prompt on top of it so you can watch people occasionally shoot each other from a very stupid location.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I remember having to unload some dynamite arrows into fuckers after being dropped off at the end of the Wolf Man bounty a few times

Also I missed the sniper because I got too busy and the FOMO is real :(

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

The sniper did nothing wrong and should've been a frontier pursuits quest giver.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

The sniper did nothing wrong and should've been a frontier pursuits quest giver.

I guess he’s a murderer, but heck, you do much worse as Arthur and you’re supposed to like him

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:

Capn Beeb posted:

Shouting slogans from a heavily guarded tower while using a high-powered rifle to dome a Mexican gunslinger is Bad Praxis.

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

if he's a murderer he can line up and pay the two penny bounty like the rest of us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Super Foul Egg posted:

Annesburg is only lit up because it's where the legendary bounties dump you after they're done so the Extremely Bored gather there to light up a reliable source of spawns. That'll change tomorrow, to wherever the new bounty leaves you.

If you're into free-roam PVP Saint Denis can be a fun time, as the rooftops and alleyways combine well with the autoaim. For a more literal interpretation of your request, if you climb onto the roof of Strawberry Jail there's a sit prompt on top of it so you can watch people occasionally shoot each other from a very stupid location.

drat this game rules. i get like 9+ hours of fun out of it a week and like, thats really enough video game playing for me now adays.

i like going to armadillo and getting on top of the saloon, while hopefully the piano player sticks around, and just start knocking people over to try to lower my honor. its is so hard to lower it. i cant be evil enough. killing the left over horses that were ridding into town gets you a slaughter dishonor charge so you gotta make sure to grind those out too. st denis is a really good spot too because they seem to have more plentiful cops and i think theyre tougher. throwing dynamite and fire bottles in those streets is great