Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Renegret posted:

I cooked dinner for 4 people on a diet last night so I steamed half a bag of Normandy blend and mixed in some sauteed mushrooms as a side.

Every single bite was gone.

Dang that sounds delicious. Steamed veggies are surprisingly excellent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Does Costco refund raw food?

Specifically, that pre-packaged made in their butcher seasoned chicken wings take home and bake? It was pretty much unedible as the seasoning was basically 99% salt. Barely managed to eat 2 out of this 5lb box.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Wirth1000 posted:

Does Costco refund raw food?

Specifically, that pre-packaged made in their butcher seasoned chicken wings take home and bake? It was pretty much unedible as the seasoning was basically 99% salt. Barely managed to eat 2 out of this 5lb box.

Yes. They might bitch about it but they will. Especially if it sucks. Even if it doesn’t.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

schreibs posted:

re: Self Checkout Food Court Kiosks...saw they put them in at my store from the checkout line with my stuff. Was going to get a dog and decided to skip it because there were dozens of people swarming them scratching their heads. It was chaos and as much as I wanted that free refill I didn't want to get caught up in it.

you push the button with the hot dog on it and put your card in the machine

utterly flabbergasted at the idea of people having trouble with this

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Fallom posted:

Self checkouts are always the slowest lines in regular supermarkets too. It's like anyone over 50 has no clue how to use it.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Fallom posted:

If you have the Costco Visa, you don't even need to put it in the machine, just tap it on top and go grab your dog :smug:

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

DiggityDoink posted:

Self checkouts are always the slowest lines in regular supermarkets too. It's like anyone over 50 has no clue how to use it.

Granted, I only have a n of 1 for the Everett, MA Costco, but I think the self service kiosks have really decreased the wait. A weekend 12pm food court visit went from a 5-15 minute line, to food in 2-3 minutes. Although I may be the idiot for accidentally ordering a slice of pepperoni for my vegetarian wife. Luckily it only took a couple minutes to correct my error and get a slice of cheese for her.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

DiggityDoink posted:

Preach. And then I get to it and make my order and I'm done in like a fraction of the time. What were the others doing?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

EPICAC posted:

Granted, I only have a n of 1 for the Everett, MA Costco, but I think the self service kiosks have really decreased the wait. A weekend 12pm food court visit went from a 5-15 minute line, to food in 2-3 minutes. Although I may be the idiot for accidentally ordering a slice of pepperoni for my vegetarian wife. Luckily it only took a couple minutes to correct my error and get a slice of cheese for her.

I've never actually ordered food directly from the food court, I always bought my poo poo from the cashier and then it's maybe 3 minutes from walking up to the pickup line and getting my food if there are other people ahead of me.

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

DiggityDoink posted:

I've never actually ordered food directly from the food court, I always bought my poo poo from the cashier and then it's maybe 3 minutes from walking up to the pickup line and getting my food if there are other people ahead of me.

This is something I didn’t know was possible, until I saw it on this thread, but the next time We went to Costco the kiosks were there.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
That was quick
Thanks very much

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
toilet paper should just be for blotting dry because everyone deserves a bidet. pressure wash your brown eye and then mop up the dampness, bing bang done.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

canyoneer posted:

toilet paper should just be for blotting dry because everyone deserves a bidet. pressure wash your brown eye and then mop up the dampness, bing bang done.

This x100.

An 8 pack of TP lasts me loving forever now.

It also leaves you feeling a lot cleaner.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
If you don't hsve a bidet just use a bottle of water snd your hand

No need to wash your hands afterwards or anything either. It's water so it's clean

This advice is courtesy of several of my indian former coworkers

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
Oh my, Chock Full o' Nuts coffee is no longer carried at my local Costco. Searching Chock Full o' Nuts website instead shows that I can purchase it at my local BJ's...

Is this nationwide? I'm located in Connecticut.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

JK Fresco posted:

If you don't hsve a bidet just use a bottle of water snd your hand

No need to wash your hands afterwards or anything either. It's water so it's clean

This advice is courtesy of several of my indian former coworkers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKkryfdtMNQ

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Sock The Great posted:

Oh my, Chock Full o' Nuts coffee is no longer carried at my local Costco. Searching Chock Full o' Nuts website instead shows that I can purchase it at my local BJ's...

Is this nationwide? I'm located in Connecticut.

Are your taste buds like completely dead? CFON is basically work coffee. Actually even the coffee your workplace buys from Uline or WB Mason is probably better. What's wrong with you?

Buy this please
https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-100%25-Colombian-Coffee%2c-Dark-Roast%2c-3-lbs.product.100361434.html

BJ's?!

Bruh.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Chock Full o nuts is only good to have for a container for loose hardware. At least then the label is accurate.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Stopped by after work today and snagged some of those peanut butter pretzels, and dang you guys weren't wrong. Those are really good.

Also, probably goes without saying, but the Kirkland frozen meat lasagna should always have a place in your freezer for pasta emergencies. It saved the day yesterday.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Are your taste buds like completely dead? CFON is basically work coffee. Actually even the coffee your workplace buys from Uline or WB Mason is probably better. What's wrong with you?

Buy this please
https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-100%25-Colombian-Coffee%2c-Dark-Roast%2c-3-lbs.product.100361434.html

BJ's?!

Bruh.

When it comes to coffee I am a very, very cheap date. CFON has been my favorite coffee for years. I like it more than anything from SBUX or DD.

My wife made the call and bought the giant Folgers they have there. If CFON isn’t back in a few weeks I’ll give the Kirkland a try.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Church is now bestowing its blessing even before you checkout

They were also giving full-size candy bars out as samples for the variety pack, PBUC

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
What PBUC?

do NOT say nm what's PBUC w u

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Hoshi posted:

What PBUC?

not much, what's a PBUC witchu?

Heffer
May 1, 2003

I wish the self service just shot a hot dog and soda cup in to my hand with a pneumatic tube or something.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Hoshi posted:

What PBUC?

Peace be upon costco

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Heffer posted:

I wish the self service just shot a hot dog and soda cup in to my hand with a pneumatic tube or something.

That brings back a memory. The Costco (then Price Club) that I used to go to as a kid had pneumatic tubes at every register they used for checks and making change at the drawers.

They took them out years ago though.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Can I return website purchases in store?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Heffer posted:

Can I return website purchases in store?

You bet your rear end

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Returned a half-eaten tray of lovely seasonsed chicken wings and another tray of seasoned pork chops for a full refund.

The tales are true... Costco refund policy transcends all.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

canyoneer posted:

That brings back a memory. The Costco (then Price Club) that I used to go to as a kid had pneumatic tubes at every register they used for checks and making change at the drawers.

They took them out years ago though.

The P Tube system was a thing of wonder when I was a kid going to Price Club and later early Costco Where do they all go? When do you decide to shoot a load down one? Can you fill it with nickels?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

ranbo das posted:

Peace be upon costco

I've been saying

Praise be upon Costco

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I bought some socks from costco and they were more like foot condoms than socks. Could feel my shoes rubbing against my feet. Unimpressed.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Enos Cabell posted:

Also, probably goes without saying, but the Kirkland frozen meat lasagna should always have a place in your freezer for pasta emergencies. It saved the day yesterday.

Dang, I was in a few days ago and thought I'd look for something like that and never saw it. We got the chicken pot pie instead and have 3-4 days worth of food.

Is it in the frozen cooler section, where the fish sticks and burgers and things are?

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Went to church yesterday.

Picked up a sherpa blanket, I was skeptical before but it's lived up to the hype.

It's amazing how much cheaper Costco is on some items while still being high quality. Bought a huge thing of chia seeds for like $6 that would've cost me $25 at a regular heathen store.

Also the liquor store was selling beer and wine advent calendars. If I could fit the beer in my fridge I'd be tempted but the wife is already mad that the home made eggnog is taking up a bunch of room.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

wives-- what a bunch of bastards.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

binge crotching posted:

Dang, I was in a few days ago and thought I'd look for something like that and never saw it. We got the chicken pot pie instead and have 3-4 days worth of food.

Is it in the frozen cooler section, where the fish sticks and burgers and things are?

Yeah it's next to the frozen pizzas in my store. Easily the best frozen lasag I've tried, blows Stouffers out of the water. Also it's a huge tray for the price.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Bout to pick up a 3rd sherpa for my couch(KING SIZE BABY!!)

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

binge crotching posted:

My oven sucks though, so I usually have to cook it for an extra 20 minutes longer than it says

Does it use knobs? Pull it off. You can probably calibrate it.

Get an oven thermometer and run it up to 350 until it turns off the heat. Check the thermometer and it will probably read like 320 or something. Pull the knob, loosen the screws, turn the dial (it should be marked which direction), If you're lucky it will say poo poo like "each mark is 10 degrees" like mine does.

Speaking of cheap-as-poo poo apartment ovens, did you know many of them let you pull the top up? Give the top a good yank. Some, but not all, let you pull the top up so you can clean it better.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

TraderStav posted:

I've been saying

Praise be upon Costco

That's what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That's what it is.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PBUH