Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

watho posted:

Contrapoints has been infected by the T-virus!

That's not gonna go over well with the NB-virus community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tsdOo_wO44

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

watho posted:

*Contrapoints bursting through a wall with a rocket launcher*
Enbies...

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mike J has a new video on the evolution of the angry reviewer up.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Jar Media looks at some 2012 cringe with Game Theory's biggest boobs video.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

watho posted:

4 Itchy. Enby.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

game theory is weird. they can be fun to listen to sometimes for some mindless stuff but at the same time their stuff can be so cringy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9D8Hux9IQI

like this. it skips some of the beginning where he was cavorting about like a moron.

content warning. that dragon cancer creator pouring his heart out on stage.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 17, 2019

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

...What the gently caress its been 7 years since To Bodly Flee? Doug has been unretired NC longer then pre-retired NC?!

Just lay me down in this coffin and close it, time is going by too quickly.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

game theory is weird. they can be fun to listen to sometimes for some mindless stuff but at the same time their stuff can be so cringy.

I'd like to say in the past he wasn't quite as cringy, but this clip is 5 ( :sigh: ) years old and really, the first 18 seconds is just all you need to summarize Game Theory.

E: It'd help if I LINKED that clip, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzWFuEH9HsA

Leal fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Oct 17, 2019

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Leal posted:

...What the gently caress its been 7 years since To Bodly Flee? Doug has been unretired NC longer then pre-retired NC?!

Just lay me down in this coffin and close it, time is going by too quickly.

Yeah. The Nerd having been around for 15 years was also kind of a shock to the system.

If being aware he was a horrible person hadn't robbed me of sympathy, I could feel bad for Doug having been trapped into doing shallow review content as the only means to make his dumb comedy.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It’s weird how time is too slow and too fast.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Clerical Terrors posted:

*Contrapoints bursting through a wall with a rocket launcher*
Enbies...

Hunting down a different type of STARs member

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
for what it's worth, contra's subreddit has reversed the decision to ban the term truscum:

notably this is a different mod than the one that was active yesterday, so it might have just been a particular mod Having a Normal One

edit: UPDATE:

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 18, 2019

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
a literal puppetmaster defense. you, truly, can not make this poo poo up

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

I feel like you don't have to reach back to 2012 to find a Game Theory video that makes you want to slam your head against your desk in how stupid and pointless it is.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
At least it's intriguing...

Stealing from the LeftTube thread that this is maybe the worst way it could have gone. "My platform and people's trust in it is a fun thing to play around with" is a hell of a take. The other options were playing or being dumb and denying that she knew, or just owning it and being honest.

But yeah, can't wait to see what the surprise is in 2 months.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

At least it's intriguing...

Stealing from the LeftTube thread that this is maybe the worst way it could have gone. "My platform and people's trust in it is a fun thing to play around with" is a hell of a take. The other options were playing or being dumb and denying that she knew, or just owning it and being honest.

But yeah, can't wait to see what the surprise is in 2 months.

Wait, theres a LeftTube thread? Is it in CSPAM?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

somekindofguy posted:

Wait, theres a LeftTube thread? Is it in CSPAM?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3882331

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
A fair warning that that thread tends to go off on weird derails and go deep into leftist theory mental masturbation. It's not necessarily bad, just don't expect to see pages of talk about Shaun. Also "A Land of Contra-sts" is a great title.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It’s a very different thread. It ran off Shaun instead of Lindsay and Kyle, for example.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

It's not necessarily bad, just don't expect to see pages of talk about Shaun.
Then why loving bother, tbh?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

where's talk of shaun?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

A fair warning that that thread tends to go off on weird derails and go deep into leftist theory mental masturbation. It's not necessarily bad, just don't expect to see pages of talk about Shaun. Also "A Land of Contra-sts" is a great title.

I forget if that thread or the Political Cartoons one went on a derail on how about cats are the only proper leftist pet and only reactionaries like dogs.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

At least both threads agree on one thing: moviebob sucks.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

A big flaming stink posted:

for what it's worth, contra's subreddit has reversed the decision to ban the term truscum:

notably this is a different mod than the one that was active yesterday, so it might have just been a particular mod Having a Normal One

edit: UPDATE:

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Adding “on Twitter” is just so fuckin petty and lovely that I almost cannot believe it

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Neo_Crimson posted:

I forget if that thread or the Political Cartoons one went on a derail on how about cats are the only proper leftist pet and only reactionaries like dogs.
cats are bougie trash imposed on our shores by a colonising empire.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Waffles Inc. posted:

Adding “on Twitter” is just so fuckin petty and lovely that I almost cannot believe it

That just made me more mad.

I was fine with people still watching Contrapoints but this is just beyond the pale. I never expected this. Her videos helped me figure out I was enby and I'm furious that I let myself expect more out of people.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Ghostlight posted:

Also highly ecologically destructive since they like to kill for fun

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Leal posted:

I'd like to say in the past he wasn't quite as cringy, but this clip is 5 ( :sigh: ) years old and really, the first 18 seconds is just all you need to summarize Game Theory.

E: It'd help if I LINKED that clip, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzWFuEH9HsA

lol. i can't hate the dude that much because if i had technical skills. id probably make weird lore/theory videos like he does. but much weirder and dumber. liking trying to figure out if the baddies from the modern warfare cod games are Aleksandr Dugin types. i have always liked reading into the politics spectrum of vaguely defined baddies in games. espcially since alot of games keep baddie politics vague because "gotta sell a billion". i dont blame them for it. it just find it interesting.

https://blog.activision.com/call-of-duty/2019-10/Modern-Warfare-Campaign-Biographies-of-the-Storys-Major-Players-Part-4

like these are some of the baddies in the new one. like they are clearly going for an AQ/isis terror network vibe. but they cut the religion out completely(cods middle east factions have always been coded bathaist/military type never salafist) instead its some weird nihilistic anarchism with some Egoist thrown in with vague anti imperialism. i get why they do it. it just find it kinda interesting/amusing.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Was it Game Theory that had that hour-long video about how Sun and Moon was the last pokémon game and just wildly jumped at anything in the games it could match to religious symbolism?

Pachylad
Jul 12, 2017

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

It's a very different thread. It ran off Shaun instead of Lindsay and Kyle, for example.

Ghostlight posted:

where's talk of shaun?

Yeah, I faintly remember Shaun posting on one of these threads but apparently I was unaware he got chased off the forums too? Goddammit

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Pachylad posted:

Yeah, I faintly remember Shaun posting on one of these threads but apparently I was unaware he got chased off the forums too? Goddammit

There will always be a bunch of terrible posters ruining it for the rest of us merely horrible posters.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pachylad posted:

Chased off just like Kate Beaton*

*just stopped posting here because SA isn't that important honestly

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Todd In The Shadows has a new One Hit Wonderland video on Asher Roth's I Love College and did you know it's his TENTH anniversary?

I am glad to know him for 10 years. Honestly though I only checked out his work earlier this year and have only been subscribed for 3 months but oh well

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Pretty much any goon who gets any amount of fame leaves because this place can be as toxic any other place on the internet but without the added visibility.

Except Hbomb, I guess. But even he only posts like once every 2 months.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So Batwoman is a glorious trashfire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al0mb2c1eow

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

I would not trust Mauler's and his lovely buddies word on literally anything in the whole world.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Max Wilco posted:

I feel like you don't have to reach back to 2012 to find a Game Theory video that makes you want to slam your head against your desk in how stupid and pointless it is.

The intro to the "What are Creepers made of" episode or the ending of the GTA cop episode. *chef kiss*

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol. i can't hate the dude that much because if i had technical skills. id probably make weird lore/theory videos like he does.
these are the only lore videos I need

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIKb01oHDLo&hd=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np8x5jp578o&hd=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLBuNju6DNs&hd=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4LGbIKPo6g&hd=1

a man who loves the kirby games decided to make detailed videos taking every aspect of the kirby lore unabashedly seriously and had a fair amount of commissioned artwork done for them too, and they're great. as the kirby games go on they kinda start having this underlying current of cosmic horror to them, too.

also, the video about Zero reminded me that man, the Kirby series has overall some of the best video game music of all time. just listen to this, this is a hell of a final boss track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs6b6qZm7aA

Ghostlight posted:

dogs are for those who wish to be treated like a friend.

cats are for those who wish to be treated like a servant.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Oct 18, 2019

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Every goddamn time I'm dumb enough to click a video link without a hint of who the producer is it always turns out to be some dumbass I actively try to avoid giving any attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

That’s basically just a CinemaSins video, except instead of having one guy narrating there are a bunch of them talking over one another.

Batwoman is fine. It has some issues, but they’re no worse than the teething troubles most new shows go through. It’s certainly better than early Gotham or Legends, and they both turned out great. I’m a little annoyed that it used the cliché of the villain being the hero’s long-lost sibling right after Arrow used it last year, but at least they revealed it quickly rather than having it be a ~big mystery~ for half a season.