Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Since I already have most of the stuff for Cooked Cat, I'll be bringing that. Seems like it might still have a good chance without things like Teferi, Legion's End, and Lava Coil spoiling the fun. Right now I"m split on whether to do mono black or BW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Cheen posted:

Which planeswalkers gently caress

none of them, but somehow jace fucks the least of all

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Cheen posted:

Oko. Seriously, look at any of his card art and then try to tell me that guy doesn't gently caress. You can't do it.

Teferi is a widower who has a daughter, so canonically he has hosed at some point in the past.

Angrath is a widower with two daughters, so he's also hosed at least twice at some point in the past.

A Moose posted:

Pre-Ixalan Jace didn't gently caress because of social awkwardness stemming from childhood trauma/amnesia. Also, Liliana was a toxic rear end in a top hat who just enjoyed stringing him along because it amused her.

Post-Ixalan Jace doesn't gently caress because he knows Vraska has hang-ups about being touched due to the physical abuse she's suffered in the past, and he respects her boundaries.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I know he's a fan favorite but I'm sick to loving death of seeing the Flpbthpthth avatars every other game. He's ugly as poo poo and it seems like everyone who has one plays like an rear end in a top hat. Really wish avatars could be turned off.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

A Moose posted:

I refuse to believe this whilst Gideon is an option.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

The Deleter posted:

gideon's dead so yeah he fucks the least

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Deleter posted:

I mean we get to see whaty Gideons been up to in like 2 months and now that hes back to Kytheon hes def loving

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Oct 18, 2019

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Arivia posted:

gideon's dead so yeah he fucks the least

Speaking of which, anyone looking forward to the second War of the Spark Novel?!

quote:

The war is over and Nicol Bolas has been defeated, but the story goes on. In War of the Spark: Forsaken, the next thrilling Magic: The Gathering adventure, uncertainty reigns. In the new novel written by Greg Weisman, learn more about what comes next for the heroes of the Multiverse.

Ravnica's Guilds Seek Vengeance – Nicol Bolas may be gone, but as the guilds of Ravnica look to rebuild their great city, someone must pay. The list is simple, three names long: Dovin Baan, Tezzeret, and Liliana Vess. Driven by anger and grief, just how far will the guilds go to exact revenge?

Lilianna Vess's Future – Truly free of her debts for the first time, Lilianna Vess should feel liberated. Instead Liliana flees from those she once called allies and friends. As enemies close in and her survival is at risk, the question that truly beguiles her is "Who is Lilianna Vess, really?"

Kaya Conflicted – The unlikely leader of the Orzhov Syndicate has been tasked with bringing Liliana Vess to justice by any means necessary. The mercurial ghost-assassin finds herself caught between the Ravnican guilds and her newfound duty to the Gatewatch.

The Future of the Gatewatch – As the team says their final goodbyes to the fallen Gideon Jura, Jace, Chandra, and others struggle with questions about their place in the Multiverse.

New Insights into Characters – Tracking down fugitives who don't want to be found requires help. As Vraska, Ral Zarek, and Kaya seek their prey, it leads to exciting revelations about intriguing characters like Teyo Verada, the Wanderer, and more. Even Rat, the gateless girl few can see, may not be everything she seems . . .

War of the Spark: Forsaken will be released November 12, 2019 and is available for preorder now!

"revelations about the Wanderer!"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hahah no not at all

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Also gonna throw a big no into that no pile.

It's amazing that of all the cast list of MtG's metaplot, which contains a lion man and a race of robot people that hate skin, the ones they choose to push might actually be boredom in written form.

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 18, 2019

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

can't wait 2 read more about Teyo the Shieldmage, who is definitely on a magic card

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

"Time to protect them..with my unbreakable magic shields,"

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
MC V: Fields of Golos: Golos Harder is starting up

https://www.twitch.tv/magic

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Are they gonna go "oh actually Rat can planeswalk despite not being a Planeswalker", or just make her one outright? Neither would really surprise me.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Cheen posted:

Chandra and Nissa

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
As a Shakespeare-style Fae Folk, Oko pretty much has to gently caress I'd think.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Cheen posted:

I covered this like 5 posts before you, Ral is railing Tomik.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
lol at the mythic championship trying to protect the narrative by showing only non-golos matchups, only to accidentally highlight how broken u/g food is against everything else

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
"lets see how the world's best players handle a turn 2 oko"

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Golos Field is 42% and they had to split it into multiple decks just to make it look less dire.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
State of the game:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/mtg-arena-state-game-october-18-2019

Performance updates are a top priority, with specifics.

Friends list delayed

Brawl is next week with a queue and (non Command Tower, etc) rewards, plus apparently Wednesdays are going to be Brawl Day® from now on.

Throne Showcase cards are coming as part of an event next month, with a 2500 gold buy-in event but no loss threshold (so basically just selling them to you).

Adding some XP to daily wins as a catch-up mechanism.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lol people are going to lose their loving minds over the friends list delay

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Can you craft Arcane Signet, Command Tower, and Tome of Legends in the client currently?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cheen posted:

Urza laid pipe on Kayla bin-Kroog who was the ultra hotty of her day and popped out a son to boot. Then he surrounded himself with hotty scientists on Tolaria while wingmanning Barron and a bunch of other genetic projects.

Teferi looks like a thin Idris Elba and is a national hero in Jamuraa. Jaya definitely got around. Angraths got two kids. And then I guess maybe Kaya to round it off. The rest are edgy volcels that are too obsessed with Nicol Bolas, whom also fucks.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Huxley posted:

Can you craft Arcane Signet, Command Tower, and Tome of Legends in the client currently?

Yes. You can also craft the number-of-opponents cards from the Brawl decks that make less sense in 1v1.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Karn has no genitals and he still fucks more than the rest of these bozos combined

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Me an' the boys planning for a wild knight out over here

Looking forward to it even though I can already tell it's probably going to be pretty draining.

(E: Looking at it now though I'll probably definitely end up replacing the Rack/Drawbridge/a land for Forever Young for extra drainage and Konrad triggers.)

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 18, 2019

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

IMJack posted:

Yes. You can also craft the number-of-opponents cards from the Brawl decks that make less sense in 1v1.

Thanks!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

zoux posted:

Lol people are going to lose their loving minds over the friends list delay

It really is insane that a basic friends list is taking this long. I stopped caring at some point, but people who really want it have every reason to be annoyed.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
friends lists are pointless without in-game chat (which they are not likely to ever add). Like why bother implementing it people will just bitch about chat next.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

This deck looks very fun, too bad I don't have enough rare WCs to try it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la8d_DJcHQs

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast

quote:

Each event will have a 2,500 gold or 500 gem entry fee and will feature the following formats:

Oko's Madness: It's like Momir's Madness, but your creatures are also 3/3 Elk.
I'm... not sure what this is supposed to mean

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Kanfy posted:

Looking forward to it even though I can already tell it's probably going to be pretty draining.

(E: Looking at it now though I'll probably definitely end up replacing the Rack/Drawbridge/a land for Forever Young for extra drainage and Konrad triggers.)

I loving love Konrad, he's in my constructed knights deck atm and when he's popping at the same time as corpse knights and poo poo it's awesome.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Funkdreamer posted:

It sounds like creatures have all their abilities and text they just are all 3/3a

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

It sounds like creatures have all their abilities and text they just are all 3/3a

it sounds like a joke, actually

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Kanfy posted:

what is with you people that refuse to show us the sideboard??

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Funkdreamer posted:

Momir but everyone's a 3/3 elk
Momir but every other creature gets deathtouch
Momir but everytime you click on Momir it gets faster

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Any decent non oko food decks for the eldraine only event? I've got maybe half of the wildcard needing parts of that, and I dont want to craft the rest.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Mardu Knights is 2-0 awwwwww yeah. Also 2 Selesnya Adventures at 2-0 as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

TipTow posted:

I know he's a fan favorite but I'm sick to loving death of seeing the Flpbthpthth avatars every other game. He's ugly as poo poo and it seems like everyone who has one plays like an rear end in a top hat. Really wish avatars could be turned off.

I'm glad there's an option not to be an offbrand marvel character