Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Yeah I know everyone we're watching with well, it will be a good day out, just jokin round.

Gonna pick england, NZ, wales, head says SA but heart says Japan. Been looking forward to this weekend: cook a fry up while england/aus is on, then the pub, hungover Sunday watching the last 2 in bed. Hope you all have a goodun too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?

el dingo posted:

OK so

Rugby: all blacks
Hockey: black sticks
Cricket: black caps
Basketball: tall blacks
Football: all whites

Then netball: silver ferns

Cant forget about the Ice Blacks!

https://www.instagram.com/nziceblacks/

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

el dingo posted:

Yeah I know everyone we're watching with well, it will be a good day out, just jokin round.

Gonna pick england, NZ, wales, head says SA but heart says Japan. Been looking forward to this weekend: cook a fry up while england/aus is on, then the pub, hungover Sunday watching the last 2 in bed. Hope you all have a goodun too

Exactly same picks and plans.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Flayer posted:

It looks like that women in the bottom right is featured on the banner and advertisements in the upper left.

Not at all lol.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
I'm going to have to watch on delay Sat and Sun evenings, because while I normally would jump at the chance to wake at 3:00am for live rugby I'm instead getting over America's disgraceful exit in the most American way possible -- by shooting stuff all day

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

So...I’m moving overseas permanently next month, however in my haste I booked my flight on the night of the rugby World Cup final. What is my best way to watch a replay of the final undisturbed by the horrible possibility of spoilers? Do streaming sites host replays?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
NBC Sports Gold is good at staying spoiler-free, I have found.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Apollodorus posted:

NBC Sports Gold is good at staying spoiler-free, I have found.

Would I be able to access that from anywhere or would I need a VPN?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Would I be able to access that from anywhere or would I need a VPN?

It’s only in the US, so if you’re in Not the U.S., you’ll need a VPN and a login.

I’m sure there will be rips of other English language coverage available. Not sure the best place for it I’d imagine there’s a spot out there.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
There's a :files: place that has recordings of each match up a couple of hours after the final whistle usually. The hardest part is avoiding any spoilers until then. (drat you, Google Discovery)

KennyTheFish
Jan 13, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

So...I’m moving overseas permanently next month, however in my haste I booked my flight on the night of the rugby World Cup final. What is my best way to watch a replay of the final undisturbed by the horrible possibility of spoilers? Do streaming sites host replays?

How much is the airplane wifi?

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
Got told today I am supposed to be at a birthday dinner Saturday evening, about half an hour after the first game kickoff, and I will be attending it. What kind of bastard has a birthday gathering without a tv during the world cup semis?

A selfish bastard, that's who.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

In a fit of poor planning I'm doing back to back trail runs over the weekend of the semi's. Both races start at 9am so I'll miss them entirely.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I usually go for the underdogs and I love a good Cinderella sports story as much as the next guy, but I am a Boks fan for life so that is where my loyalties lie.
Otherwise feeling like New Zealand is going to win due to 10 very good minutes of rugby and 70 minutes of mistakes, but will root for Ireland all the same. As for the England/Australia game I wish it would be possible for both teams to lose. Also I guess Wales is playing France so am expecting France to France it up good and either play like utter poo poo or utterly inspired.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Went to school with one of them. He's the current record holder for most caps for the Ice Blacks.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

France are going to beat Wales and I'm going to do a hearty lol

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They could have been the Black Ice and been all dangerous to motorists.

I think Australia are going to win by killing Farrell to force Ford on and then relentlessly bullying him.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

goatface posted:

They could have been the Black Ice and been all dangerous to motorists.

I think Australia are going to win by killing Farrell to force Ford on and then relentlessly bullying him.

The Wallabies are absolutely in no danger of making the semis.

My brother and sister-in-law's dad, who is English, are coming over to watch. He went through the DABDA process over the course of 80 minutes 4 years ago.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Air New Zealand Safety Announcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJgIUB3j0b4

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
England being knocked out would be the funniest result of the draw. Moreso than the saffers, because that result would also feature the heartfelt joy of Japan being through to the semis.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Japan making it to the semis and then the 3rd/4th place match is probably the dream of World Rugby and the JRFU at this point, though the ticket sales don’t need it it would give them another super high rated Japan game on domestic TV.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I am excited and nervous

First proper test

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I mean we should win this but we're also England

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Not enjoying being favourites here.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Suprised England aren't really committing to the breakdown

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Cheeky little pat on the head there

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Well, that was riveting.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Australia won't win, because they are not very good.

signed, an Australian Rugby Fan.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

GET IN

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
As the thread Official England Supporter: "go England"*

*said in the tone of a hostage video

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Whoops

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
lollabies

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Well that was a bit of brilliance.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

stavros880 posted:

As the thread Official England Supporter: "go England"*

*said in the tone of a hostage video

Now celebrate.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Good first try from England and really got the luck of the bounce from a great Slade kick.

Though how slow is Slade?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Seriously, that kick was incredible.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Haha, great stuff :)

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
go on lads