Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Garfield_fight_stick.jpeg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Wait I never noticed there's 1% missing from the center between circle and octo

Lies and propaganda from Big Square

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
you know they say all gates are created equal but you look at me and you look at octogate and you can see that statement is not true. see normally if you divide a gate into 9 parts, you got a 44/66 chance of hittin a diagonal. but octogate is a genetic freak and not normal so you got a 24% chance at best at hit diagonal. and then you add obtuse angles to the mix? your chances of hitting diagonals drastic go down. see the 8-way sanwa lever you got a 30% chance of hitting a diagonal. but I, I got a 50% chance, cuz obtuse angles know they can't stop me and they're not even gonna try. so octogate you take your 30% chance minus my 24% chance and you got a 6% chance of hitting a diagonal. but then you take my 76% chance, if we was to go head to head and then add 70 percents. i got a 146% chance of hitting a diagonal. octogate, the numbers don't lie and they spell

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Oct 19, 2019

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Official service patch of the Trump presidency

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Nostalgia4Butts what's the story behind your avatar?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

thank you

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Nostalgia4Butts what's the story behind your avatar?

theres a photo that we laugh at a lot in gip of a lady drinking out a hose and my avatar making that face

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

or by opening their ~s e c r e t   w e e d   c o m p a r t m e n t~ midmatch

Wait hold that's the stick I ordered from a few pages ago, what's this about a secret weed compartment

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Wrist Watch posted:

Wait hold that's the stick I ordered from a few pages ago, what's this about a secret weed compartment

lots of sticks have a huge compartment to "store the cord" when you're not playing but people put other stuff in there instead.

(OFC the door on my rap4 fell off so no more hidy hole for me.)

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

what is this gross bullshit

This owns.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

what is this gross bullshit

GIVE 'EM...

THE CLAW-STYLE

Power A put out a new Saturn-style pad too, one for each current console. Props to them for being the first company to actually make a Sonic blue Saturn-style pad.

quote:

I own one of these. Never tried it for obvious reasons though.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

SoftNum posted:

lots of sticks have a huge compartment to "store the cord" when you're not playing but people put other stuff in there instead.

(OFC the door on my rap4 fell off so no more hidy hole for me.)

The only morally correct use for that compartment is to store a shitload of Hi-Chews

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
You...you guys have never seen a fightpad before?

HerniaFlange posted:

Power A put out a new Saturn-style pad too, one for each current console. Props to them for being the first company to actually make a Sonic blue Saturn-style pad.

Dawww, this blue pad is so cute.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
The only way to play competitive Fighter's Destiny

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Gah

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Extra Large Marge posted:

The only way to play competitive Fighter's Destiny

Hmm, yes, but what if I wanted it to look more like a prop from an Ingmar Bergman film?

Ah yes, perfect! :discourse:

https://castlemaniagames.com/collections/frontpage/products/brawlergen-usb-genesis-mini

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Wrist Watch posted:

https://i.imgur.com/9oKgLKP.mp4

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yardbomb posted:

Proper gates are for punks, get a korean lever and live the rubber grommet life.

Are these weird to use for 2d games? I always hear about them in context of tekken but it might just be cause korea loves tekken.

I kinda want to try one just for fun but idk if they are inport only or if they fit in any old stick case

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

It's got room for tactical treats.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I was kind of hoping that there would just be another stick inside.

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

Proper gates are for punks, get a korean lever and live the rubber grommet life.

Yardbomb posted:

Korean guts on the left, Japanese on the right. Korean levers don't have an actual gate in them, they work by instead tensioning with a fat rubber grommet inside, which you can get in different firmness ratings for more or less force needed to do your moving with it, so they feel more like a soft circle gate, because while there's no actual restrictor in there, the grommet makes a natural sort of gate feeling for you by the resistance. Korean levers own.
You have the wrong idea about gates and the grommet in Korean sticks. The rubber grommet isn't equivalent to the plastic gate in Japanese sticks, it's equivalent to the metal spring. It provides the resistance and returns the lever to the center like the spring does. On a Korean stick the lever's range of movement is restricted both by the plastic collar on top and the black plastic housing underneath that the metal plate and microswitches are screwed to. The plastic collar has a circular opening and the plastic housing underneath has a square opening with rounded corners so moving the lever along its boundary of movement feels like a circle. As for this "soft circle gate" thing, I don't know what that's supposed to mean. The metal shaft of the lever makes contact with the collar while the actuator (the piece that hits the microswitches) makes contact with the housing. The collar and housing are both made of solid plastic so moving the lever all the way and hitting the boundaries feels like hitting the hard plastic gate of a Japanese stick.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
is like a pad version of :pwn:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dang Razer, how much are you charging for this atrocity?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Missed opportunity to screw your stick on like you're assembling a sniper rifle

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
i've never seen an Oh Henry before

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

That dude has a bunch of ammo to use against opponents with peanut allergies.

yo mamma a Horus posted:

It's kind of like a Snickers, I guess it has fudge instead of nougat though? I thought it was like a Butterfinger but I'm probably thinking of Chic-O-Stiks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my man's gotta watch two calorie gauges looks like

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yo mamma a Horus posted:

is like a pad version of :pwn:

you laugh but its not a bad pad for SNES, it was really good for KI iirc

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

yo mamma a Horus posted:

They're one of those Canadian candy bars you never see in the States, like Aeros and Coffee Crisps and Reese

not Reese's, just Reese

Oh yeah there was a limited edition of Oh Henry's for weed legalization called 4:25

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

Are these weird to use for 2d games? I always hear about them in context of tekken but it might just be cause korea loves tekken.

I kinda want to try one just for fun but idk if they are inport only or if they fit in any old stick case

There are a few Korean-style sticks like this one that have low-profile collars, allowing them to fit in cases designed for Japanese sticks. You'd also need a cable adapter, because Korean sticks don't have the 5-pin connector Japanese sticks do.

I think the 'better for 3D games' thing comes from Korean sticks having a round collar limiting throw distance instead of a square restrictor plate, making it a bit trickier to consistently land diagonals in some inputs.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Caffeinated Jerkoff posted:

I think the 'better for 3D games' thing comes from Korean sticks having a round collar limiting throw distance instead of a square restrictor plate, making it a bit trickier to consistently land diagonals in some inputs.

It's also because they have a faster return to neutral, which is real good for Tekken in particular of course.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Lately I've been thinking about how people dont know how to make a drat character select screen.

BBTAG's is really stupid with a series of scrolling rows, especially when not every row is even filled up.

Samsho puts the DLC characters on a second page you have to hit R1/L1 to flip over to. Also both players get their own select grid for no reason. So much wasted space that couldve just allowed all the characters to exist on a single screen.

I mean how loving hard is it?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the best character select screen is melty blood actress again's.

clear, big icons, you can see people's sprites as you hover over them, no clutter, and there's random engrish faux-philosophy in the background

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Rev2 is great

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Only prob with xrd is the destiny style cursor is like a mouse on console and feels bleh vs having portraits be highlighted with a more digital cursor like usual.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
I like that you can check your buttons from the select menu too.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I hate the SNK Heroines character select, all those empty boxes set me off

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Not as much as all of them facing the same direction instead of facing center.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They really wanted to commit to a gimmick despite not having enough slots for it.