Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Jabor posted:

In recent history, they've erratad one of their commander cards for power level reasons, and a standard card purely for digital convenience.

Ajani's Pridemate isn't power level errata, as you mentioned. Not familiar with the commander example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

It was Xantcha. They changed it so if Xantcha's controller loses the game, she no longer reverts to control of her owner but instead goes to exlie (the command zone).

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/oracle-changes-2019-09-27

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

The Sean posted:

I made a personal best in draft going 5-3 with this.

thank you for posting the sideboard, because it leads to this:

Kanfy posted:

If you want any insight, this could've 100% been a monocolor deck with the Tome Raider and Moonlit Scavengers in and the black cards out. I probably would've replaced the turtle with a griffin and the egg with a Queen of Ice or something like that as well.

don't think taking out an artifact is going to make your Scavengers better

i'd have cut the black cards and turtle for Opts and Scavenger

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Am I missing something obvious or would it save everyone a lot of time if 0 attack mana dorks weren't automatically included in All Attack

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

BioThermo posted:

It was Xantcha. They changed it so if Xantcha's controller loses the game, she no longer reverts to control of her owner but instead goes to exlie (the command zone).

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/oracle-changes-2019-09-27

That's interesting, thanks for the link. It's still not what I would call power level errata (unless there was a rash of people somehow taking advantage of this functionality difference, but if so I'd think the article would mention that; instead it just talked about how they came up with a better templating to make the effect work as intended).

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

zoux posted:

Am I missing something obvious or would it save everyone a lot of time if 0 attack mana dorks weren't automatically included in All Attack

It’s relevant for pump spells like collision colossus where you just need one guy unblocked to pump after blockers

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Also it can be very frustrating when buttons don't do what they say they'll do. There are cards like Gideon's Triumph sometimes which can be relevant.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

zoux posted:

yeah it's the word ALL

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Obviously we need a third button.

All Attack
No Attacks
Attack With Everything A Reasonable Player Would Attack With, All Else Being Equal

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

JerryLee posted:

All Attack
No Attacks
Attack With Everything A Reasonable Player Would Attack With, All Else Being Equal

a reasonable player is the 10 year old playing green stompy and thinking combat tricks are "cheap" unless it's giant growth played during first main phase, of course

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Also relevant for those dumb spells that do X based on number of creatures attacking

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Eej posted:

Also relevant for those dumb spells that do X based on number of creatures attacking

like a goblin token

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Or embercleave getting reduced

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Also cavalcade.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Or sometimes I like booping my opponent's snoot with a goose

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Lone Goat posted:

thank you for posting the sideboard, because it leads to this:

Kanfy posted:

If you want any insight, this could've 100% been a monocolor deck with the Tome Raider and Moonlit Scavengers in and the black cards out. I probably would've replaced the turtle with a griffin and the egg with a Queen of Ice or something like that as well.

I appreciate the feedback. I started the process as a mono-blue but I was attracted to the three black cards since one of them could (but didn't bc it sucks) mill and two of the others could bring back the mill merfolk. The griffin and/or scavenger would probably have been better. I like the queen for the one-off no-tap but I haven't had luck with her otherwise. Maybe I just need more experiences with her. Overall, lesson learned for splashing out of greed, though I never hurt for mana of any sort.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 19, 2019

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I'm as sick of oko decks as I'm sick of golos decks.

*note to self: add oko to golos.dec

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Lone Goat posted:

Egg in a monocolor deck which doesn't benefit from draw 2 and doesn't have Emry isn't really worth a card just for Moonlit Scavengers. So Tiny and Charmed Sleep will also cause it to trigger, so between those and the existing artifacts it'll go off plenty reliably by the time you're going to play it.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The Golos shell is insane and enables all those random techs like Oko or Nissa. I also saw some people cramming Rotting Regisaur into Gruul Aggro's embercleave setup just to combine those two decks too. Beat it both times I faced it today but it's still pretty nasty. Also saw a Rotting Regisaur knights? deck where this guy slammed out a bunch of knights that I removed into a Regisaur/Embercleave combo I didn't see coming.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yes obviously there are situations where you want to attack with dorks but for me, it seems like I'm clicking tapping mana creatures out of the attack much more than I'd be clicking them in. It's just kind of exacerbated right now by QBs entry animation and having to literally wait for the dust to settle before I can see if I've unclicked my geese or not. Unless you guys just say gently caress it and smorc your geese

Anyway some stats about the first day of the MC
Two decks went 5-0 A more or less out-of-the-package Bolos list and a Simic Food list.

The day 2 meta looks like this

(4C Golos is maindecking 3 Oko so it's both)

I think people were hoping that GB Adventures would compete but I guess not. Two of the three Mardu Knights lists made it through though.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Mardu Knights is 3-0!
Selesneya Adventures is 1-2 tho and so is Mono Red :'( . Gruul is 2-1 tho

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Kanfy posted:

Egg in a monocolor deck which doesn't benefit from draw 2 and doesn't have Emry isn't really worth a card just for Moonlit Scavengers. So Tiny and Charmed Sleep will also cause it to trigger, so between those and the existing artifacts it'll go off plenty reliably by the time you're going to play it.

when your deck has some cards that matter (the mill stuff) and everything else is a means to an end, shrinking your deck with cantrips like egg and opt accelerates your win condition. the life gain is a nice bonus.

in short, don't be this guy: :douche:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
When they go los

We go high

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I jammed Oko and Goose and Wolf into Fires, turns out its ok. Turn 3 Fires + Oko is alright, Oko + wolf is cool, Nissa + wolf is good, Nissa + any Hydra is insane. Turns out fires jsut enables some ridiculous turns.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

im so tired of nissa

just ugh

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Mardu Knights to TOP8 BABY

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Can anyone post all the top 8 decks?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

kater posted:

Sloth ban is still only thing that makes sense.
And people were trying to convince me it was garbage when the card was previewed.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

JerryLee posted:

All Attack
No Attacks
Or a toggle option for creatures on an individual basis excluding them from all attack and a button to remove all the exclusions.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Zero VGS posted:

Can anyone post all the top 8 decks?

Nevermind, did it myself copy-pasting the hard way:

#1) Bant Ramp by Stanislav Cifka: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2379089#paper

#2) Bant Food by Andrea Mengucci: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2379118#paper

#3) Mardu Knights by Ken Yukuhiro: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2379146#paper

#4) Simic Food by Gabriel Nassif: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2379124#paper

#5) Simic Food by William Jensen: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2379110#paper

#6) Bant Golos by Jean-emmanuel Depraz: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2379094#paper

#7) Mono-Red Cavalcade by Lee Shi Tian: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2379137#paper

#8) Gruul Aggro by Javier Dominguez: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2379096#paper

Only one Golos made it... and mono red?!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Bell_ posted:

And people were trying to convince me it was garbage when the card was previewed.
Context is king. 90% of Standard formats FoD wouldn't even be seeing play, let alone stooping atop the format.

Grazer was probably underestimated though, yes.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The ramp decks are going to dumpster all those aggro decks that got through, poor things.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Can someone explain to me why Golos Field players are the slowest imaginable. Like the deck is basically play lands, then play more lands.

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Oct 20, 2019

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

The ramp decks are going to dumpster all those aggro decks that got through, poor things.

I like how decks 4 and 5 are carbon copies of each other down to the sideboards. They couldn't just change one sideboard card to at least give the illusion of originality?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

GrandpaPants posted:

Can someone explain to me why Golos Field players are the slowest imaginable. Like the deck is basically play lands, then play more lands.

One thing that I can understand taking a few more cognitive watts is figuring out exactly which lands you should be searching for to get to 7. But that should be once per game.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

THAT explains that weird rear end deck I faced twice today. I was wondering how two separate people came up with the same idea but I should have guessed it was a pro deck.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

zoux posted:

Yes obviously there are situations where you want to attack with dorks but for me, it seems like I'm clicking tapping mana creatures out of the attack much more than I'd be clicking them in. It's just kind of exacerbated right now by QBs entry animation and having to literally wait for the dust to settle before I can see if I've unclicked my geese or not. Unless you guys just say gently caress it and smorc your geese

Anyway some stats about the first day of the MC
Two decks went 5-0 A more or less out-of-the-package Bolos list and a Simic Food list.

The day 2 meta looks like this

(4C Golos is maindecking 3 Oko so it's both)

I think people were hoping that GB Adventures would compete but I guess not. Two of the three Mardu Knights lists made it through though.

Kanister just got an absolutely terrible draw both rounds he lost. I’m convinced that deck still is gas, but I see now that Krasis/Nissa/Oko is the future

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Still playing stompy, still think it's probably the best Bo1 deck right now. It's very bad in Bo3, and I expect that a fields ban will hurt its standing in the meta pretty hard, but it was fun while it lasted.

I was having trouble bouncing around Diamond 4 and 3. I built your stompy green deck and just hit mythic with it a couple of nights later. I like it a lot because it seems to have a fair chance against almost any opponent. Sometimes you just peter out if you get hit hard by removal or sometimes the opponent draws better than you and floods the board with zombies but I think it's a good BO1 deck to compete against almost anything else right now. It can be faster than RDW and it can outpace Golos field, it just depends on the draws.

Previously I was playing some RDW, some golos field, and some other random stuff just trying to work my way through Diamond but I had a lot of really severe loss streaks since I guess everyone knows they'll see RDW and Golos FotD so they're ready for it. Monogreen is one that people aren't quite as prepared for. I think my most disappointing losses were to surprise Embercleave decks.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
These MCV games have been good to watch but Jesus do I loving hate NummythwNumot/Kenji Igarashi. He seems so smarmy and like the most punchable guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I did it! Through a combo of drafts and the eldraine pre-ordering I now have a copy of every throne of eldraine rare :toot:

Now to see what gets banned on Monday and make some actual decks