Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

YES!!! YES!!! IM GOING TO WIN THE GAME!!!

Eagerly awaiting your next post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i dont want to play anymore

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

why, each time i tried to do this, did I somehow polymorph into a fireball. why the fireball.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

So, fun fact, the extra life perk does not include any invulnerability frames.

https://i.imgur.com/cbxZncF.gifv

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Okay, new run. This one's gonna be the one.

1:27 minutes later:

Noita.post

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

super nailgun posted:

Anyone know what exactly determines if an effect will shatter a frozen enemy? I've been using tentacle so far but something with more range/style is desirable.

The explosive modifier sure seemed to work. Those two combined instantly killed anything that could freeze in my first win.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Current daily starts you very nicely with a bouncebolt wand and a magic missile wand with 10 charge. And a flash with whiskey so that paints a funny picture as to how the wizard/witch got there.

The mines will contain a magic arrow wand and probably some other fun things, but... there is also a worm. Angry gods!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Helter Skelter posted:

So, fun fact, the extra life perk does not include any invulnerability frames.

https://i.imgur.com/cbxZncF.gifv

Yuuuuup. I learned that the hard way, too.

Mindblast posted:

Current daily starts you very nicely with a bouncebolt wand and a magic missile wand with 10 charge. And a flash with whiskey so that paints a funny picture as to how the wizard/witch got there.

The mines will contain a magic arrow wand and probably some other fun things, but... there is also a worm. Angry gods!

gently caress, I keep forgetting about the daily runs! I gotta get on those.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

And if you like the seed you can keep trying! With the current daily just dont enter the left side of the mine. Right side contains good stuff. Left side gets you angry skeketons.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Johnny Truant posted:

Yuuuuup. I learned that the hard way, too.

Little electric bastard just pasted me right before dying to freezing gas. Ain't even mad.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

There were some civilian casualties.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

All according to keikaku :smugdog:

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Got some weird error all of a sudden, the game crashes immediately upon starting it. Restarting my computer didn't fix it. I was running with a couple mods, but removing them didn't change anything, so I'm not sure what could be the issue.

Any ideas?

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Game could probably use some mild difficulty settings. I think it could also be made easier via the UI. I have a fairly big monitor and its impossible to see my various gauges while paying attention to my character.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Game could probably use some mild difficulty settings. I think it could also be made easier via the UI. I have a fairly big monitor and its impossible to see my various gauges while paying attention to my character.

Oh, you loving think?

:mad:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i agree...wheres the hard mode?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
they should skip hard mode and add in "INSANE"

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

I think if they fix enemies overlapping with each other it would get a little easier too. I can't count how much stupid damage i've taken from killing an enemy and like 3-4 little turds are hiding under its corpse that wont render

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

One last quality of life. Either make all your own projectiles hurt or none. It's really bad design having to guess which will do friendly fire.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Hey, I found a use for those green tablets :v: (and then died right afterwards)

Physics objects are pretty OP apparently. I've seen it do up to about 144 damage on contact, probably based on its speed.
Not a bad backup plan in case you get too deep without finding any decent offensive wands. Plus, you get double gold from it counting as an "accident" kill!

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Hey, I found a use for those green tablets :v: (and then died right afterwards)

You killed a civilian.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

One last quality of life. Either make all your own projectiles hurt or none. It's really bad design having to guess which will do friendly fire.

The only things that hurt me that were not immediately clear beforehand were arrows and sawblades, and even they made sense because they spawn physical *things*

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Explosions and physical objects (like sawblades) hurt you, everything else is fine, right? I guess there's edge cases like electrifying something you're standing on or using an acid trail but I think it's pretty predictable.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
has anyone said this game is difficult yet

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I think you'll be the first. eagerly awaiting your post

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Snooze Cruise posted:

they should skip hard mode and add in "INSANE"

I'm working on this as we speak. Also a world map that's about 5x longer to beat than the regular game.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

sawblades are amazing with homing

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Hard Mode: light yourself on fire
Easy Mode: fly over the tree and go pet ducks instead of progressing

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Clark Nova posted:

Hard Mode: light yourself on fire
Easy Mode: fly over the tree and go pet ducks instead of progressing

Yeah what the gently caress. Why can't I pet ducks/deer/jet pack goblins or have a wand with an animal pets spell?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Maybe you could have a build a house wand or a grow flowers wand.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

one day I will get the electricity generator perk, breathless, and a water trail modifier on the same run...one day....

GulagDolls posted:

YES!!! YES!!! IM GOING TO WIN THE GAME!!!

GulagDolls posted:

i dont want to play anymore

GulagDolls posted:

why, each time i tried to do this, did I somehow polymorph into a fireball. why the fireball.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Armadillo Tank posted:

Yeah what the gently caress. Why can't I pet ducks/deer/jet pack goblins or have a wand with an animal pets spell?

you can get a Decoy Deer wand tho

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
I got a wand with 100 rock buddy allies and I regret dying before thinking of spamming all of them.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Chaotic Polymorphine is the most dangerous enemy in the game.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

taqueso posted:

Maybe you could have a build a house wand or a grow flowers wand.

attn devs: a spell that materializes a quaint cottage (which immediately falls on whatever is beneath it) would be real good

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

is there a mod to turn off 'you have angered the gods'? i've literally never done anything to give the divine fuckfaces the slightest hint of chagrin and the lich guy keeps materialising while I'm choosing my perks and wrecking me. i love dumb deaths, but this goes beyond dumb into stupid.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Darox posted:

Chaotic Polymorphine is the most dangerous enemy in the game.

It doesn't even have to be you that gets hit by it, I had an TNT enemy in the mines get hit by some falling polymorphine. It turned into this giant horrifying bug thing and shot a stream of black flames at me which killed me.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

I think if they fix enemies overlapping with each other it would get a little easier too. I can't count how much stupid damage i've taken from killing an enemy and like 3-4 little turds are hiding under its corpse that wont render

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

gitgud.txt

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

sebmojo posted:

is there a mod to turn off 'you have angered the gods'? i've literally never done anything to give the divine fuckfaces the slightest hint of chagrin and the lich guy keeps materialising while I'm choosing my perks and wrecking me. i love dumb deaths, but this goes beyond dumb into stupid.

I've died like three separate times to this after accidentally melting through the floor while playing around with a acid-trail spells in the holy mountain.
I'll never stop loving acid trail though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

sebmojo posted:

Gimme a few hours to finish my big content mod and I'll peel out the files needed to disable god wrath. Pretty much all I did was remove the script that checks for leaks in the temple, and to be doubly sure I replaced the necromancer with a copy of the sheep xml file.