Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Also the liquor store was selling beer and win e advent calendars. If I could fit the beer in my fridge I'd be tempted but the wife is already mad that the home made eggnog is taking up a bunch of room.

I did the Beer Advent Calendar several years ago and wasn't really impressed. Also weirdly, most of the beer was expired (not that I think beer really expires but still). I don't think I even finished it and ended up giving most away at a party. If you're really a drinker that drinks at least one beer every day, alright yeah go for it, but it's more a weekend thing for me bc work sucks so it kinda loses a bit having to open 5 days on a friday and then just not finishing it. A fair amount of them were kinda meh. I think you're better off financially and taste-wise hitting up a BevMo or something and just grabbing a collection of different beers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurt Loadeater
May 15, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol jesus you know your life is just fuckin over when your wife is mad at you for making too much homemade egg nog.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Xaris posted:

I did the Beer Advent Calendar several years ago and wasn't really impressed. Also weirdly, most of the beer was expired (not that I think beer really expires but still). I don't think I even finished it and ended up giving most away at a party. If you're really a drinker that drinks at least one beer every day, alright yeah go for it, but it's more a weekend thing for me bc work sucks so it kinda loses a bit having to open 5 days on a friday and then just not finishing it. A fair amount of them were kinda meh. I think you're better off financially and taste-wise hitting up a BevMo or something and just grabbing a collection of different beers.

We bought the wine Advent calendar. I'll try to remember to do a trip report. Can do a lot of things with bad wine, if it's not good.

A Real Hologram
Jun 22, 2018

Moo!
Greetings from church, Redmond location... used the self-service kiosk and got our hotdog and pizza in under three minutes, while scrub-tier unaware folks stood in line clueless to what was going on.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Slider posted:

Bout to pick up a 3rd sherpa for my couch(KING SIZE BABY!!)

Hell yes this person knows what’s up. The king size is legit for the couch.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Kurt Loadeater posted:

Lol jesus you know your life is just fuckin over when your wife is mad at you for making too much homemade egg nog.

My wife is peeved at the deer carcass in the freezer because there's less room for Cheese Pizzas with Breadcrumb Crust (TM), Normandy Blend Vegetables (TM) and Angus Cheeseburgers(TM). freaking :females:

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Hell yes this person knows what’s up. The king size is legit for the couch.

We bought a king size recently and the cats christened it with a hairball already. That thing is a beast to wash and dry in our stacked washer dryer.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

The beer advent calendar is full of not great beer, and I'm not a beer snob. It was all just very eh. I want to try the wine calendar, but haven't seen it in my store yet. Is it by the wine or the seasonal stuff, like chocolates or even Christmas stuff? Up in the bay area if that matters. Also for some reason we get no bitchin sauce, sigh...

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

My dog is also a big fan of the peanut butter pretzels. PBUC

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
loving CA is starved for Sherpas.

But they got some nice jackets in, as well as some killer all-weather rain boots.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I bought some socks from costco and they were more like foot condoms than socks. Could feel my shoes rubbing against my feet. Unimpressed.

What brand?

Personally I hate socks thst are way too thick and make your shoes not fjt

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

JK Fresco posted:

What brand?

Personally I hate socks thst are way too thick and make your shoes not fjt

Puma

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Douche4Sale posted:

The beer advent calendar is full of not great beer, and I'm not a beer snob. It was all just very eh. I want to try the wine calendar, but haven't seen it in my store yet. Is it by the wine or the seasonal stuff, like chocolates or even Christmas stuff? Up in the bay area if that matters. Also for some reason we get no bitchin sauce, sigh...

At the Everett WA Costco, it was in the front specials area, when you first walk in.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

To celebrate the new executive membership in Japan they're giving away these classy bags to those who upgrade!

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

We bought a king size recently and the cats christened it with a hairball already. That thing is a beast to wash and dry in our stacked washer dryer.

You should probably wash the cat too. Eye for an eye, etc.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Dick Nipples posted:

You should probably wash the cat too. Eye for an eye, etc.

Yeah, and she'd take one of my eyes out if I tried that.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Normandy blend is good except the veggie amounts are very inconsistent. Get through half the bag and it’s mostly just broccoli and cauliflower left. One time we got a bag and it was around 75% cauliflower.

Btw, the Kirkland toilet paper sucks. Don’t care how much it’s on sale. You might as well be buying Scott for how thin and flimsy it is. Pay the little extra for the Charmin or whatever. You’re worth it.

I’ve been using Kirkland toilet paper for years and my bum has yet to complain

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

canyoneer posted:

That brings back a memory. The Costco (then Price Club) that I used to go to as a kid had pneumatic tubes at every register they used for checks and making change at the drawers.

They took them out years ago though.

The BJ's I worked at years ago still has them. They use it for sending large amounts of cash to the cash office so the supervisors aren't walking around with a cart with twenty thousand dollars in it.

We went through so much cash there that if you didn't get a pick, you flat out couldn't close your till because it was so full. So usually twice per shift they'd come around and empty it out. On average it was 4 tubes with $500 in each per cashier, with 15-20 cashiers working during busy times.

Honestly I'm not sure how else you would do it that doesn't paint a giant "mug me" sign on the back of your head.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

I like the Kirkland Merino wool trail socks in winter but I work outdoors. The champion sweat socks they sell are good in summer.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I actually quite like those cheap Puma socks and as a consequence I have like 40 pairs, PBUC.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I think there's two kinds of puma socks. The first I bought were very thin and free breathing on the top, second batch were very thick in the toes and heels. I like them both

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

pacerhimself posted:

I think there's two kinds of puma socks. The first I bought were very thin and free breathing on the top, second batch were very thick in the toes and heels. I like them both

I think you’ll find that there are many different kinds of puma socks.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
Church doesn't have socks in my size :(

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Are you a sasquatch or a russian ballet dancer?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Are you a sasquatch or a russian ballet dancer?

Why not both?

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
I also have freakishly long fingers such that gloves often don't fit comfortably

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Hoshi posted:

Church doesn't have socks in my size :(

The Pumas are a bit small for my feet too, but they stretch.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Anybody use the sem-custom cabinets offering? Wondering if they'd be a good choice to finish my kitchen.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Which Sherpa is the best Sherpa because there are like 5 different brands at my church and I can't find the one I bought last year

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Fake James posted:

Which Sherpa is the best Sherpa because there are like 5 different brands at my church and I can't find the one I bought last year

I’m rolling Life Comfort Ultimate Sherpa Throw. All the other ones I tested would shed tons of fuzz after a wash, they got returned.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Sale price on these flannel shirts, I don't think these are the heavier flannel ones I bought last time but I'll give them a go

https://www.costco.com/.product.1308200.html

Costco please stock some pea coats soon, I need a new winter coat

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Immanentized posted:

Anybody use the sem-custom cabinets offering? Wondering if they'd be a good choice to finish my kitchen.

My experience with their vendors (bought a used car with the concierge service and got flooring quotes with the floor people) was that the prices aren't cheap but you pay for the attentiveness and maybe the costco cash card helps with the pain of paying.

You can definitely shop for cheaper of you have the patience for it.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I was visiting a pnw costco last week and they had merino wool t shirts

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Just used my last trash bag. You know what that means.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

what are the best desserts at costco? those three pie combo things are always tempting instead of one giant one.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Crusty Nutsack posted:

what are the best desserts at costco? those three pie combo things are always tempting instead of one giant one.

The palmier cookies are fantastic, when they have them.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Crusty Nutsack posted:

A hotdog + soda (with refill).

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Anyone have home insurance through Costco, Ameriprise Insurance? Considering going with them and like to hear goon opinions.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

hope and vaseline posted:

Sale price on these flannel shirts, I don't think these are the heavier flannel ones I bought last time but I'll give them a go

https://www.costco.com/.product.1308200.html

Costco please stock some pea coats soon, I need a new winter coat

Those shirts are the bees knees.

I have super long arms and they fit just about perfect and are the ideal thickness for spring/fall/winter. You wont be disappointed, unless you have short arms and will be constantly rolling them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

tangy yet delightful posted:

Anyone have home insurance through Costco, Ameriprise Insurance? Considering going with them and like to hear goon opinions.

They denied me home insurance because I had made a claim on my renters insurance in the past when someone CUT a chain link fence AND the bike lock to steal my bike. "Too high risk" from that one apartment that I rented 2,000 miles away years ago. Seems legit.