Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

bessantj posted:

Boks are colluding to bugger up every chance at a score.

Yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I believe in you Japan.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Le Roux yelling at other players after knocking the ball on three times in the space of a second.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
gently caress off with the spider cam

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

gently caress off you cheating racist fucks. Ugh.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I believe in you Japan.

Pail Ale
Jul 3, 2007

Bucket Beer
Pillbug
Gotta do something about these mauls

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

gently caress off barnes

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Hahaha get hosed

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Looke posted:

Hahaha get hosed

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's the Wayne Barnes experience.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

My loving heart :supaburn:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

incredible

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

gently caress me, a ref finally calling double movement for that.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
A lot of these calls from the ref are dumb as gently caress but they’re in Japan favor so I’m okay with it

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

South Africa should be further ahead. See what happens in the second half, will the Japanese fitness see them home? They were down at the half against Ireland, but Ireland were much worse than South Africa have been.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vaders Jester posted:

gently caress me, a ref finally calling double movement for that.

Wayne Barnes is been really good this world cup, unless you're wildly partisan theres not much to complain about here.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Aramoro posted:

Wayne Barnes is been really good this world cup, unless you're wildly partisan theres not much to complain about here.

Yeah but his loving voice, ugh

e: 'barnsey'

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

bessantj posted:

South Africa should be further ahead. See what happens in the second half, will the Japanese fitness see them home? They were down at the half against Ireland, but Ireland were much worse than South Africa have been.

Sadly South Africa are not Ireland and won’t capitulate. For Japan to win they’re going to have to grind it out and have some luck.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

The Rabbi T. White posted:

gently caress off you cheating racist fucks. Ugh.

Which ones?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

CyberPingu posted:

Which ones?

A fair post. :boom:

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
99/100 de Allende gets away with that. When a tackle is completed or not is one of Rugby's great mysteries that refs just make up as they go along.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Aramoro posted:

I'm not complaining, it's definitely double movement but so many players get away with it that it's good to see it finally called.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Rassie's 6/2 bench split might be the smartest coach call of the world cup.

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
Yeah, there was nothing like a completed tackle near that. Maybe if you took the sum of all the tackle attempts it might make one actual tackle

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Vaders Jester posted:

I'm not complaining, it's definitely double movement but so many players get away with it that it's good to see it finally called.

Except he wasn’t held in the tackle?

E:

Slumfrog posted:

Yeah, there was nothing like a completed tackle near that. Maybe if you took the sum of all the tackle attempts it might make one actual tackle

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Sadly South Africa are not Ireland and won’t capitulate. For Japan to win they’re going to have to grind it out and have some luck.

Yes, they'll need the bounce of the ball to go their way big time in the second half. South Africa have set themselves up for a good win.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Looked pretty held in the first instance and then proceeded to crawl 5m. forward out from under the Japanese player

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Japan's done really well to keep this so close, and also gotten really lucky a few clear chances -- including that one right before the break -- didn't go against them.

let's hope they work the knots out and give 'em hell in the second half. This has been a great game so far.

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
IMO, the rules should be: "Did your knees or shoulders touch the ground during a tackle attempt? Tackle complete, release the ball." This held/not held stuff is too subjective.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Painkiller posted:

IMO, the rules should be: "Did your knees or shoulders touch the ground during a tackle attempt? Tackle complete, release the ball." This held/not held stuff is too subjective.

Even then he took a few steps on his knees. Without even getting into tackles, or held/not held, that's advancing on the ground which you can't do.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

LARIATOOOOO~

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

It's the Wayne Barnes experience.

and it continues.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

JFC that should be a red

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Painkiller posted:

He was on his knees and the ball was on the ground. Should have just let go briefly and then picked up the ball while he was getting back up.

Pail Ale
Jul 3, 2007

Bucket Beer
Pillbug
Wow that should have been a yellow

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Excellent slingblade there...

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Zero contact with the ball, man in the air, arm around the neck

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Barnes has hosed calls on two tackles in the air now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

There seems to be quite a few rules just not being observed this game but then double movement called, about as rare as calling a scrum put in