Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I found 31 eridian writings and didn't get the achievement. Am I miss one? A site said there were 30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

cage-free egghead posted:

I found 31 eridian writings and didn't get the achievement. Am I miss one? A site said there were 30

The one on Sanctuary III is bugged and you have to keep clicking on it.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Welp I got some unexpected cash as payment for dogsitting so I'm downloading this game now. I'm stuck between Fl4k for that sweet Phasewalk and Sniping tree or Zane for the cryo damage stuff because I'm a sucker for ice. I'm told cryo sucks though so I might just do the former.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Flak is amazing you can’t go wrong with them

Fade out is incredible

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

Flak is amazing you can’t go wrong with them

Fade out is incredible

My coworker was whining that the weapon nerfs made it impossible for him to play FL4K anymore and I said "uh you might wanna peep your build then cuz I'm under the impression that Fade Away FL4K still melts stuff"

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Any class is capable of melting stuff. Just play what you think looks fun.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fade out with a Jacobs shot gun is incredibly leveling

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Zane is Axton/Roland deconstructed into some interesting directions. Ice is fine but you run into problems later on with certain enemies that become common that are built like tanks and are immune to cryo.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

Fade out with a Jacobs shot gun is incredibly leveling

My FL4K is only 25 but I have a Jakobs quest shotgun that does one blast with like 10 pellets that bounce around a couple times and an amp shield. It's really funny to press F and blast it into a crowd and watch a billion pellets scatter into the room

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
It's weird that annointed enemies are immune to cryo but you can still stunlock them with Quasar (or presumably any other singularity grenade). Trying to level Amara but anything that isn't Moze just feels gimped in comparison.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Welp I got some unexpected cash as payment for dogsitting so I'm downloading this game now. I'm stuck between Fl4k for that sweet Phasewalk and Sniping tree or Zane for the cryo damage stuff because I'm a sucker for ice. I'm told cryo sucks though so I might just do the former.

Half of Zane's skills do not work. Recommend passing on him.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

LostRook posted:

Didn’t they fix him with the last patch?

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

I thought that thing about Zane having busted skills was found to be false because all the testing was coming from pvp duels.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I've completed the storyline as FL4K but skipped a lot of sidequests, ended up level 36 or so. Should I be completing them on Mayhem 1, or just jump straight into TVHM?

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Cheap Trick posted:

I've completed the storyline as FL4K but skipped a lot of sidequests, ended up level 36 or so. Should I be completing them on Mayhem 1, or just jump straight into TVHM?

You can cruise to 50 pretty fast. I just jumped into TVHM and reset the story personally, but Mayhem 1 sidequests won't take long

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wrong thread

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Cheap Trick posted:

There's a lot of fun or at least interesting side quests, so I decided to get them out of the way before trying anything beyond mayhem 1.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

LostRook posted:

The Kill skill centric Zane builds are fine and good and avoid most of the bugged skills.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

myDad posted:

It's weird that annointed enemies are immune to cryo but you can still stunlock them with Quasar (or presumably any other singularity grenade). Trying to level Amara but anything that isn't Moze just feels gimped in comparison.

Phase grasp can get pretty busted. Especially Ties that Bind, even when leveling (except against bosses).

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Phase grasp can get pretty busted. Especially Ties that Bind, even when leveling (except against bosses).

I'm doing a Jakobs heavy build for Amara right now that uses Ties That Bind plus the phaselock modifier with all the ricochet talents and it's really fuckin funny to grab one guy which then chains damage to 4 more and locks them up then dome 1 guy with Unforgiven and watch the rest of them gib out immediately from shared damage + ricochet

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Skypie posted:

I'm doing a Jakobs heavy build for Amara right now that uses Ties That Bind plus the phaselock modifier with all the ricochet talents and it's really fuckin funny to grab one guy which then chains damage to 4 more and locks them up then dome 1 guy with Unforgiven and watch the rest of them gib out immediately from shared damage + ricochet

The Derch build? (He's a cool guy)

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Ran the game again for the first time (on PC) in a couple weeks. The UI is so loving unresponsive to mouse clicks now compared to launch. Does anyone else have this problem?

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Rinkles posted:

The Derch build? (He's a cool guy)

Ya, it's a take on that. I bumped into it cuz my YouTube feed is a bunch of Borderlands stuff now and decided to give it a shot. Apparently I tossed out 2 different Monocles though so whoops

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

DaveKap posted:

Ran the game again for the first time (on PC) in a couple weeks. The UI is so loving unresponsive to mouse clicks now compared to launch. Does anyone else have this problem?

Yeah I noticed this too on the main menu. Takes two clicks to navigate the main menu options now, and right clicking an option (just to try it) switches the icon but doesn't actually select the option it's tied to. What in the world.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

I decided to take the extreme stupidity route and actually submitted it as a bug to support. Their answer is that the game is now version 1.0.3 and I'm on version 1.0.2. I just verified the game in the EGS and it's still 1.0.2 so what the gently caress is this support guy talking about.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Yeah I'm also on 1.0.2 even after verifying.

Side note: nice

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Okay let me ask the whole thread of PC players: Does anyone here have version 1.0.3?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I just got the game today and I'm on 1.0.2 so uh... welp.

I decided to go with Fl4k and I'm loving how little I actually have to pay attention to my pets. I was a bit worried about the concept since I'm not always keen on pets in games but this feels great. Fade Out hits all the same satisfying notes as past Phasewalk variants did so I'm super happy.

Also Fl4k's voice is oddly and immensely satisfying to listen to.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

DaveKap posted:

Okay let me ask the whole thread of PC players: Does anyone here have version 1.0.3?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Ugh, annointed Militants just take the wind out of my sails in regards to playing the game.

Every other annointed I have a solid way to take them down. But the Militant's shield and immunity just sucks to get through.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
Ugh... finished the story a few days ago. I had some trouble with Tyreen, so I thought I'd try matchmaking. Ended up in a group that just finished her so I missed the fight and the video. So now I still don't know what happened to any of the characters other than all the spoilers about Firehawk being gone and something to do with Ava?. So I screwed myself out of the climax of the story pretty much.

Also, now I am trying Mayhem mode and instead of being fun it just makes everything a big slog. The first side mission I selected... every encounter there's at least a Badass Goon or sometimes an Anointed and it takes LONG and I am being oneshotted by rocket badasses. It didn't help that one of the modifyers was 2 shots for each one from enemies... but I got another modifier after that one and it was still a giant slog. Is it supposed to be like this or should I just get some new weapons or something?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

You're missing very little. The ending is bad and dumb like the rest of the game's plot when it tries to be serious. Lilith gets her power back and immediately uses it to save Pandora from destruction, sacrificing herself in the process. That's about it.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I just got the game today and I'm on 1.0.2 so uh... welp.

I decided to go with Fl4k and I'm loving how little I actually have to pay attention to my pets. I was a bit worried about the concept since I'm not always keen on pets in games but this feels great. Fade Out hits all the same satisfying notes as past Phasewalk variants did so I'm super happy.

Also Fl4k's voice is oddly and immensely satisfying to listen to.

try out the rakks too. they dont seem like much at first but they usually oneshot anything that isent a badass enemy and with a short cooldown time you can toss them out frequently.

having trouble adjusting to playing different characters cause having a pet to draw fire made me lazy as hell

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Sioux posted:

Ugh... finished the story a few days ago. I had some trouble with Tyreen, so I thought I'd try matchmaking. Ended up in a group that just finished her so I missed the fight and the video. So now I still don't know what happened to any of the characters other than all the spoilers about Firehawk being gone and something to do with Ava?. So I screwed myself out of the climax of the story pretty much.

Also, now I am trying Mayhem mode and instead of being fun it just makes everything a big slog. The first side mission I selected... every encounter there's at least a Badass Goon or sometimes an Anointed and it takes LONG and I am being oneshotted by rocket badasses. It didn't help that one of the modifyers was 2 shots for each one from enemies... but I got another modifier after that one and it was still a giant slog. Is it supposed to be like this or should I just get some new weapons or something?
Mayhem mode is something you'll want to ease into - If you've just finished the storyline you should be ok to start Mayhem 1, by the time you're Level 50 and start hunting for legendaries Mayhem 2 should be challenging but doable and then when you've worked out the kinks of your build Mayhem 3 is a go. You can and will get messed up by bad combinations of modifiers so pay attention to them ( you'll see what modifiers are in play when you open up the map ) and they change when you change map instances. Carry several weapons of both normal and elemental types and switch out your weapons to mitigate modifiers, but if you're going to insist on playing a specific way expect to head back to the menu until you get a favourable modifier roll.
From the most recent Gearbox co-op stream they do intend to be a little more forgiving on the modifiers in the upcoming patch as the intention was to incentivise players to change up their builds and be flexible rather than rerolling the mayhem modifiers, but that hasn't worked as intended.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Make Mayhem modifiers actually crazy. I'd love some dumb poo poo like every grenade being a MIRV, 5x explosion size, regenerate shield/health by sliding, enemies burst into confetti when they die, all bandits have Shooty McFace's lines, etc. Hell, I'd take these on top of ones that just adjust stats.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Just to put it out there, based on my experience going offline and farming Jacobs estate Loot Tinks is the most effective method to hear up. I've not got my Cryo Lucian's Call yet, but did get 2 fire ones and a Recurring Hex in fairly short order.

Edit: just got my Cryo one! So seen 3 Lucian's and no Butchers, may be a coincidence or maybe you can't get it this way.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Oct 20, 2019

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

You're missing very little. The ending is bad and dumb like the rest of the game's plot when it tries to be serious. Lilith gets her power back and immediately uses it to save Pandora from destruction, sacrificing herself in the process. That's about it.

And also murdering everybody on the moon with her gigantic fire phoenix thing laser show display because the writers forgot that people live there

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I think what happened before is a lot worse for the people there tbh

also tps is barely cannon at this point

watho fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 20, 2019

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
Mayhem modifiers are insanely swingy right now. You can get a set of modifiers that makes M3 easier than M0. You'll also commonly get a set of modifiers that make the game unplayably difficult. You have to diligently check what the modifiers are each time you load a new map and then equip guns to fit. I think the system would be a lot more intuitive if it just locked you out of a few weapon or elemental types, rather than letting you try to use a gun that does 15% of the damage it should.

The devs have said that the upcoming weekly event is about mayhem mode and will include significant changes for it, I'm definitely looking forward to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Fenn the Fool! posted:

The devs have said that the upcoming weekly event is about mayhem mode and will include significant changes for it, I'm definitely looking forward to that.

Will said changes be permanent or only for this event?