Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Inceltown posted:

Would you still feel the same if they could fly?

https://twitter.com/seldo/status/1178017364387889152

This is so wild. I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Takes picture of guy. “It’s a ghost!”

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Inceltown posted:

yes, i see these guys when im hiking sometimes and it's always like, wow, dont get on me but you go tiny friend

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

RCarr posted:

Takes picture of guy. “It’s a ghost!”

One of my bigger regrets in life is that I've never pulled a good hoax. Some of this no effort stuff that gets into the news makes me even angrier at myself because I could definitely pull off something better than just taking a picture of a guy and saying it's a ghost out of my rear end in about 10 minutes.

I actually tried to do a creepy forums hoax once, but I went too subtle and only one guy noticed lol :sigh:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Inceltown posted:

this makes so much sense because I've seen lil spiders drifting around the air in my basement before, and there's little to no wind currents down there at all

the tweet misquotes the article though, it's not magnetic fields it's electric fields.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

veni veni veni posted:

One of my bigger regrets in life is that I've never pulled a good hoax. Some of this no effort stuff that gets into the news makes me even angrier at myself because I could definitely pull off something better than just taking a picture of a guy and saying it's a ghost out of my rear end in about 10 minutes.

I actually tried to do a creepy forums hoax once, but I went too subtle and only one guy noticed lol :sigh:

Just pretend that you were part of creating Slenderman.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

IronicDongz posted:

this makes so much sense because I've seen lil spiders drifting around the air in my basement before, and there's little to no wind currents down there at all

the tweet misquotes the article though, it's not magnetic fields it's electric fields.

Oh you're right, spiders are exploiting the difference in charge between the atmosphere and the earth, flying for the same reason your hair stands on end when you hold on to a van de Graaff generator. Still incredibly badass.

quote:

When their silk leaves their bodies, it typically picks up a negative charge. This repels the similar negative charges on the surfaces on which the spiders sit, creating enough force to lift them into the air. And spiders can increase those forces by climbing onto twigs, leaves, or blades of grass. Plants, being earthed, have the same negative charge as the ground that they grow upon, but they protrude into the positively charged air.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Chard posted:

yes, i see these guys when im hiking sometimes and it's always like, wow, dont get on me but you go tiny friend

It's October, they'll all be doing it soon here in Europe at least.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

ewiley posted:

Oh you're right, spiders are exploiting the difference in charge between the atmosphere and the earth, flying for the same reason your hair stands on end when you hold on to a van de Graaff generator. Still incredibly badass.

All I can picture now is spiders vigorously rubbing themselves with balloons, then rocketing off into the distance like a cannon

*squeaka-squeaka-squeaka* KA-FOOOOMMMMMM

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

BOOTY-ADE posted:

All I can picture now is spiders vigorously rubbing themselves with balloons, then rocketing off into the distance like a cannon

*squeaka-squeaka-squeaka* KA-FOOOOMMMMMM

Don't post my masturbation habits

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

Aren't electric charge and magnetic charge the same thing?

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

IIRC, it's not known if magnetic charges (aka magnetic monopoles) actually exist.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

drat that's a really good costume.

e: costume prosthetics/extreme makeup seems like one of those careers that's just incredibly fun and also super stressful

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick

Aaaaa its the moldy burnt pancake man!!! :cry:

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Pasketti posted:

Aaaaa its the moldy burnt pancake man!!! :cry:

his Rod Serlingesque curse is that, having hoarded his delicious pancakes when others needed their sustenance, he now wanders the wasteland covered with endlessly regenerating flapjack glands that others may enjoy, but which dissolve into flavorless dust in the remains of his own mouth

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SatansOnion posted:

his Rod Serlingesque curse is that, having hoarded his delicious pancakes when others needed their sustenance, he now wanders the wasteland covered with endlessly regenerating flapjack glands that others may enjoy, but which dissolve into flavorless dust in the remains of his own mouth

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

they are, but the earth's magnetic field is not related directly to the static charge difference between the atmosphere and the planet. 🤓

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Looks like a pretty funguy
:dadjoke:

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Is my brain broken now - because I think the weirdest thing about this is that it pees? I love babies but their constant need for diaper changes is by far my least favorite thing about them. Mutant rabbit facial features acceptable, I guess, but simulated peeing WHY?

I know baby dolls, even non mutant ones, have been simulating peeing like forever and I just find this so strange.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

green chicken feet posted:

Is my brain broken now - because I think the weirdest thing about this is that it pees? I love babies but their constant need for diaper changes is by far my least favorite thing about them. Mutant rabbit facial features acceptable, I guess, but simulated peeing WHY?

I know baby dolls, even non mutant ones, have been simulating peeing like forever and I just find this so strange.

And you haven't even seen the color and viscosity yet.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

And you haven't even seen the color and viscosity yet.

Red / 50 centipoise / lumpy

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

green chicken feet posted:

it is a fetish, op

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Chard posted:

it is a fetish, op

After all these years I can't believe that didn't occur to me, but I guess the combination with baby dolls threw me off. Oh well, I guess this means I still have some innocence left!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CinemamindDavid/status/1184697045900255233

Thread has some cool spooky looking art.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
https://twitter.com/jf_lemay/status/1184464148983361537

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
The new Lindemann video is made up of an AI-generated series of images, many of them morphing between human faces, and pausing at the midpoints can give you some good doe-network levels of nightmare fuel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obY4c9aqUqs

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Bits of that feel like a (much better)evolution of the dumb "sped up flailing head" thing in metal music videos and horror movies.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

From here.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BD-ba-aXQo

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

I love that they're going so hard on the "there's something loving wrong with the moon" angle.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Somfin posted:

I love that they're going so hard on the "there's something loving wrong with the moon" angle.

I could instantly tell it was fake, because LV426 doesn't orbit anywhere near that close.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
It's fine. If anything's wrong with the moon Ben Affleck will save us. He was in Moonraper!

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
That is a really good spooky moon.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

quote:

KEEP LOOKING UP

Jack Horkheimer sits on his throne, one hand clutching his terrible telescope.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
David Romero has been making some excellent illustrated horror stories on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/cinemaminddavid/status/1192552785981661185?s=21

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Somfin posted:

uhh, that is clearly HIS THRONE and not the moon.

I was just thinking of this other classic LOCAL58 over the weekend:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M75VLQuFPrY

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Basically everyone who posts ITT should watch the whole channel, it's like half an hour of content total but it's insanely well-produced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Although it doesn't really fit with the rest of the series, my favorite LOCAL58 short is Real Sleep. A lot of the others are horror stories where there is some monster or malevolent force trying to lure people in, and that's good, but Real Sleep is something else entirely.