Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

beaGamerOct 19, 2019
lot of dialogues, its like dialogue game. ip layed is only under 1hour, i just hate it, it slike reading a book..not playing a game. Very overated game thats why i give 0/10 real one is 3/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

quote:

Is there political agenda/sjw forcing in the game?
Not trolling. I´ve heard good about this game and considering to get it.

But when playing already after 15 minutes dialogue with "feminist" options appear, something about employer misconduct because he asked for a female employee´s number, and the term "white male" was dropped. This clues gave me the impression that this game could come with a SJW agenda.

Its just 15 minutes but can you guys tell me if this game is free from racist/sexist SJW shovel agenda and wether I am safe to buy or not?

why on earth does steam force every loving game to have its own forum so these cretins can post the dumbest poo poo imaginable.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Terminal autist posted:

The wise race mentor is the only character who truly cares about you, if you cam unravel the mysteries of race science he can make your guy sober

Its funny how its wrapped up in like, insanely silly wise man on a hill style bullshit, but hes the first person who just straight up says 'your going to die if you dont stop drinking now'

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I want to play a cryptid hunting/supernatural mystery spin off with Kim and the Protagonist.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SunAndSpring posted:

why on earth does steam force every loving game to have its own forum so these cretins can post the dumbest poo poo imaginable.

Lmfao. If only he picked that option and saw what happens.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
That thread is filled with very confused chuds arguing with each other and saying “Trump’s gonna win!” at other Trump supporters since they cannot recognize their kin

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

THE TIME OF THE HAM SANDWICH RACE IS OVER

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

SunAndSpring posted:

Inexplicable Shovel Agenda

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Siljmonster posted:

*in a kim voice* did you just take a photo of your monitor?

I played through the cafe and this made me crack up. Game rules.

did anyone else have the game stall when you try to sneak out and avoid paying your tab? my character ran to the door and then stood there and nothing happened.

Dreylad has issued a correction as of 07:57 on Oct 21, 2019

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
this game reminds me i havent had dried apricots in forever. i should get some next time i go to the store

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Dreylad posted:

I played through the cafe and this made me crack up. Game rules.

did anyone else have the game stall when you try to snake out and avoid paying your tab? my character ran to the door and then stood there and nothing happened.

My guy successfully ran out ran out but then I died before I could go back in to interview him again, rip sad cop thought of a gearshift and went insane

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
im excited to see where my imaginative search for my name leads me

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

DE rules so far but all the stunt casting for voice work gives it the biggest student film vibe ever, which kinda sucks imo

virgil is the only one who does a good job so far

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Crane Fist posted:

Hm well I found my ledger, opened the secret compartment and then listened to my Shivers and now I might just sit quietly for a while

Yeah.... I feel that.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Varinn posted:

DE rules so far but all the stunt casting for voice work gives it the biggest student film vibe ever, which kinda sucks imo

virgil is the only one who does a good job so far

I thought Matt's sucked at first, but after going through more story, his false bravado sound is completely perfect

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I love that Cunoesse's foreign stuff is just Finnish language slang

those were not words I expected to hear in this game

Kundus
Oct 30, 2014

Dreylad posted:

im excited to see where my imaginative search for my name leads me

:boehner:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Sardonik posted:

So what's the deal with the church hole? I didn't see any options to investigate it further and it seemed like something very interesting was going on there.

that's also the plot I hosed up, wasn't strong enough to open a thing up and welp there goes what I think is the ultimate reason for our despair-amnesia

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
holy gently caress this game has taken a loving turn I’m like halfway through day 5 and my jaw is on the floor

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

holy gently caress this game has taken a loving turn I’m like halfway through day 5 and my jaw is on the floor

Did you get everyone killed?

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Sardonik posted:

As many succdems are taking issue with it, hopefully the game will lead to a lot of political awakenings. :toot:

So what's the deal with the church hole? I didn't see any options to investigate it further and it seemed like something very interesting was going on there.

Also is the (ending spoiler) ending backstory dependant on what you do in the game? Apparently I was a gym teacher in a past life, presumably because I ran everywhere and had a high endurance?

regarding the church, you need to finish the sidequest completely, which includes doing a few other sidequests (the stuff related to the church is basically the second major plot thread of the game), exhausting a lot of conversation trees, and might be specific to whether or not you let the ravers set the drug lab up or not (not sure though), after all that then you can explore it further, and if you have good shivers/savoir-faire/inland empire/logic you can get a lot of wild background, ofc you can also just save scum

a basic summary of the church subplot it's connected to the pale and how the pale grows, but in a way that's not completely understood and seems to be a completely new discovery to the world: with the right stats you can realize the reality hole sounds like the pale, and if you follow the ravers/fortress accident plot lines to their end with enough shivers you can have a vision where the city of revachol speaks to you directly and explains that in 22 years it will be destroyed by an atomic bomb, later when you resolve soona's sidequest she'll play the sound in the 2mm hole and it nearly destroys the church, with high logic you can make a check where the detective remembers a logical conclusion he drew about the pale sometime in the past, and he comes up the the idea that the pale doesn't grow from outside the isolas inwards but instead starts growing from within the isolas as tiny points of nothing, and the phenomenon everyone considers to be "the pale" is really just a gradient between the physical world and a nothinginess so complete it is totally devoid of any properties, even less than the vacuum of space

what this means to me is "the pale" that exists between the isolas and is navigable isn't "thick" enough to reach the fundamental nothingness that supposedly exists "on the other side" of the pale, which makes me think that these "pale seeds" have mostly formed below the surface or deep beyond the horizon because having joyce describe it to you she makes it seem like it's a phenomenon that doesn't extend indefinitely away from the planet's surface, and if they could get spacecraft into orbit they could map the full extent of the pale, she describes the pale as a kind of "corona" or "diadem", and that the 2mm hole in the world is the first documented "pale seed" that will eventually grow into a full pale, and it will happen sometime in the next few decades, leading the moralist government to drop a nuke on the city to try to stop it, or maybe the nuke dropped on the city is what leads to the pale growing and washing over it, the 2mm hole is described as "eating sound" so maybe it feeds off energy... hard to say without authorial clarification

turns out detective fuckbrain is a smart dude if you choose to make him a smart dude

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

also with a good authority check you can pull rank to force kim to dance

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
I missed the pale talk on my first run and now on my second I exhausted all of Joyce's explanations about the world with any mention of it. does it involve a skill check?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I missed the pale talk on my first run and now on my second I exhausted all of Joyce's explanations about the world with any mention of it. does it involve a skill check?

You cant have Kim with you or he'll divert the talk because it's too disturbing. You can ditch him by pretending to sleep after 9.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Kim posts

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I could say the game needs a definitive edition to file the rough edges down. A lot of main quest stuff is gated behind white skill checks and eventually you will run into one that your character does not have, whether that be Authority, Shivers, or so on. You can help these checks by doing more investigation, but in a game where there’s a time limit and so much to parse, there should really be more alternative approaches to these things. Also, I feel like the (near-end game spoilers here) the mercenary tribunal is handled incredibly oddly. They are INCREDIBLY insistent that your character gets shot no matter what happens, up and to the point of having the dead mercenary’s leggings mysteriously vanish into the aether so it’s guaranteed there’s no way to armor that part up. It really feels like they hamstrung the Motorics approach by doing this since you have one big moment in the main story where it really would pay off, but nope, you gotta be 100% hosed so the end can proceed down a pre-determined path.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

There's no non-story activated time limit, people have goofed around til day 10 without triggering anything yet.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i sincerely hate those fuckin mercs

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
yeah the time limit is artificial and time barely moves on when you run around looking for stuff.

Al! posted:

i sincerely hate those fuckin mercs
the killer did nothing wrong.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I found this interaction when kim wasnt around and convinced myself to do it but I stopped right before unzipping because I was too sad to jack off

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Who the heck do I talk to to find out more about the redhaired fugitive? I talked to everyone in the fishermen village and nobody knows poo poo

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

SunAndSpring posted:

I could say the game needs a definitive edition to file the rough edges down. A lot of main quest stuff is gated behind white skill checks and eventually you will run into one that your character does not have, whether that be Authority, Shivers, or so on. You can help these checks by doing more investigation, but in a game where there’s a time limit and so much to parse, there should really be more alternative approaches to these things. Also, I feel like the (near-end game spoilers here) the mercenary tribunal is handled incredibly oddly. They are INCREDIBLY insistent that your character gets shot no matter what happens, up and to the point of having the dead mercenary’s leggings mysteriously vanish into the aether so it’s guaranteed there’s no way to armor that part up. It really feels like they hamstrung the Motorics approach by doing this since you have one big moment in the main story where it really would pay off, but nope, you gotta be 100% hosed so the end can proceed down a pre-determined path.

yeah you really notice the bottlenecks towards the end of the game because the rest is so reactive. I'm surprised that nobody's found a true secret ending or something yet

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Meme Emulator posted:

I found this interaction when kim wasnt around and convinced myself to do it but I stopped right before unzipping because I was too sad to jack off

yeah you're railroaded into not churning pud, even if you decide not to flay your hogg inland empire pipes up to say "also you're way too sad to honk it atm, you loving crudman"

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

Who the heck do I talk to to find out more about the redhaired fugitive? I talked to everyone in the fishermen village and nobody knows poo poo

this is a good example. you have to do the billboard skill check

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Farm Frenzy posted:

this is a good example. you have to do the billboard skill check

The blank wall in town?

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

The blank wall in town?

the shivers check at the empty building on the boardwalk

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Farm Frenzy posted:

the shivers check at the empty building on the boardwalk

I coulda swore I did that one already

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

SunAndSpring posted:

That thread is filled with very confused chuds arguing with each other and saying “Trump’s gonna win!” at other Trump supporters since they cannot recognize their kin

the steam community has basically leapfrogged youtube comments for now being the worst mainstream place on the internet, libertarian valve just cannot be hosed to put effort into anything including moderation so now its just infested with the most toxic baby nazi commenters possible

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I dont have a locked shivers check anywhere but at the novelty dicemaker. I either havent discovered it already or already cracked it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Meme Emulator posted:

I dont have a locked shivers check anywhere but at the novelty dicemaker. I either havent discovered it already or already cracked it

i dont know what specific check he means but its probably one of those thoughts that pops up in specific spots. shivers has a lot of those.