Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Lurdiak posted:

And that's even without the omnipresent problem the DC comics have where in theory any superhero could solve their problems by yelling "SUPERMAN, HELP!" at the top of their lungs.

That is one of those things about DC comics that I find myself choosing to actively ignore because thinking about it too much just... ugh... no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Lurdiak posted:

And that's even without the omnipresent problem the DC comics have where in theory any superhero could solve their problems by yelling "SUPERMAN, HELP!" at the top of their lungs.

I don't like this idea (Superman does have a lot of poo poo to do without handling other peoples problems) but I loved the comic where Green Arrow was at sea with his injured son for some reason or another, and he just whispers "Clark, help." and Connor is just whisked away like he disappeared.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

site posted:

There are currently 0 wolverines in the mcu. Rated 4 Pinocchio's

I think with the fox acquisition there is technically one, but he's quit and we're now in a Schrodinger's Wolverine situation until someone else takes up the role and collapses the wave function.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

WaywardWoodwose posted:

I don't like this idea (Superman does have a lot of poo poo to do without handling other peoples problems) but I loved the comic where Green Arrow was at sea with his injured son for some reason or another, and he just whispers "Clark, help." and Connor is just whisked away like he disappeared.

He yells (multiple times), but still I do love that scene you're talking about.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

TwoPair posted:

He yells (multiple times), but still I do love that scene you're talking about.

Green Arrow/Black Canary #4

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

site posted:

There are currently 0 wolverines in the mcu. Rated 4 Pinocchio's

They're really good at hiding

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Alhazred posted:

Isn't there currently three or four Wolverines, including one actual wolverine, in the MCU?

MCU generally refers to the movies, so there's 0 Wolverines at the moment, but that will likely change now that Disney has the X-Men film rights again. In the comics there was never more than one mutant going by Wolverine hanging around at the same time. When Original Wolverine died Laura went by the name, but she dropped it before he came back. Old Man Logan was around for a while at the same time Laura was Wolverine, but he explicitly never used the name. The actual wolverine's name is Jonathan.

Edit: During Dark Reign, Daken was pretending to be Wolverine on Norman Osborne's Dark Avengers, but that's a little different. Venom and Bullseye were pretending to be Spider-Man and Hawkeye also, but that's not the same as Miles and Kate running around the same time as Peter and Clint.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 20, 2019

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MCU should only refer to the movies because the C is for Cinematic.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Elfface posted:

Yes, but only one is allowed to be Wolverine at a time. They do have

Logan classic
Old Man Logan from an alternate future
Laura Kinney, clone of Logan
Gabby, AKA Honey Badger, clone of Laura
Daken, son of Logan
James Logan, son of a different dimension's Logan
Jonathan the Actual Wolverine

There may also be a magic daughter of Logan with magic claws from an alternate timeline.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 20, 2019

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Old Man Logan went back to his alternate future to die, so at least that's one down.

Oh but technically General James Howlett, Viceroy of Canada and lover of his universe's Hercules is still kicking around somewhere

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Gologle posted:

There may also be a magic daughter of Logan with magic claws from an alternate timeline.

Magic claw wolverine daughter is from our universe, I thought?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

good day for a bris posted:

Magic claw wolverine daughter is from our universe, I thought?

She kind of can't be, because that whole story was set up as if "comic book time" wasn't a thing.

It wouldn't be that hard to bring her in if someone has an idea for her, of course, but she fairly explicitly wasn't in the 616. Also, her name's Rien D'arqueness, which is horrible.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Wanderer posted:

She kind of can't be, because that whole story was set up as if "comic book time" wasn't a thing.

It wouldn't be that hard to bring her in if someone has an idea for her, of course, but she fairly explicitly wasn't in the 616. Also, her name's Rien D'arqueness, which is horrible.

Was that the daughter he had with Mystique?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Bring back Darkclaw.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Imagine trying to draw a family tree in a comic book universe. Dashes, knots, broken lines...

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
A circle in the Danvers spot

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

CzarChasm posted:

No, this is from a story in the recent volume of Marvel Comics Presents.

During WWII, Logan happens to be on hand when the Nazis attack a French mystic. She defends herself by summoning a demon called the Truth, which mortally wounds her as she banishes it, and which will reappear every ten years thereafter in "the worst place in the world." Logan ends up having to team up with her daughter Sylvie to oppose and banish the Truth again every decade.

In the '70s, Sylvie quietly seduces Logan after the Truth's attack. She subsequently dies in the '80s. Logan tries to oppose the Truth in the '90s with the X-Men, but without any magic-user on their side, the Truth kills Cyclops and Storm. Logan's daughter with Sylvie shows up to banish it again, and refuses to talk to Logan until later. Her given name is Rien, the French word for "nothing."

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

And now, according to Hickman's run if him and Cyclops and Jean make it official, he's gonna have another daughter and a big-large adult son.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

at least he didn't regret her

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CzarChasm posted:

That was a son.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Somebody needs to teach Wolverine how to pull out.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
somebody needs to teach wolverine how to pay child support

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

site posted:

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

site posted:

Bub, I'm the best at what I do and what I do ain't very nice

Specifically, what I do is dodge baby mommas who can't afford food for my brats

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Doc Hawkins posted:

at least he didn't regret her

Bou cet homme

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Mooseontheloose posted:

Imagine trying to draw a family tree in a comic book universe. Dashes, knots, broken lines...

How do you even show alternate dimensions or erased timelines in a family tree? "No, you don't remember giving birth to me. Yes, I am genetically your child." Like the Summers/Grey family tree is basically a ball of yarn at this point.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Last weeks X-Men had a scene where cable calls Jean grey mom and asks permission for something and it felt really weird

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Vincent posted:

And now, according to Hickman's run if him and Cyclops and Jean make it official, he's gonna have another daughter and a big-large adult son.

Don't question the FuckHaus layout

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Don't question the FuckHaus layout

Something I didn't notice before is that by the diagram they have doors that probably lock between those rooms and the common area, and just wide open doorways between the three rooms.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

site posted:

Last weeks X-Men had a scene where cable calls Jean grey mom and asks permission for something and it felt really weird

Why? That’s kid cable and Jean did raise him

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Something I didn't notice before is that by the diagram they have doors that probably lock between those rooms and the common area, and just wide open doorways between the three rooms.

:thejoke::wink:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

site posted:

Especially since...Madelyne Pryor is actually his mother, and it's not like Jean raised him or anything. I guess teen Cable has low-key been adopted by a genetic double of his mother with different memories, which, standard day in the Grey-Summers residence.

e: wait, no, I forgot that Scott and Jean had their minds pulled into the future to raise Cable in that 90s mini-series. Comics!

Android Blues fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Oct 21, 2019

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Nah, I got the poly thing, maybe it's just because of my own social hangups but even if I was in a perfect triad situation I might want my own space sometimes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Android Blues posted:

Especially since...Madelyne Pryor is actually his mother, and it's not like Jean raised him or anything. I guess teen Cable has low-key been adopted by a genetic double of his mother with different memories, which, standard day in the Grey-Summers residence.

e: wait, no, I forgot that Scott and Jean had their minds pulled into the future to raise Cable in that 90s mini-series. Comics!

Shouldnt they also clone old Cable since he died?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

Shouldnt they also clone old Cable since he died?

House of X did say that Xavier had revived 2 telepaths with "legacy" cerebro imprints...

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Skwirl posted:

Nah, I got the poly thing, maybe it's just because of my own social hangups but even if I was in a perfect triad situation I might want my own space sometimes.

You are thinking logically about a social situation that, the majority of the time, ends in flames.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Mulva posted:

You are thinking logically about a social situation that, the majority of the time, ends in getting stabbed by your lover's adamantium claws.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Vandar posted:

That's a pretty cool addition to the Batman mythos. How did Batman react to that?

As I recall, he was somewhat startled and nonplussed, and then her two friends led her away (they were in a hospital visiting their other friend)

for the previous few issues, she'd been talking about the Lord of Gotham, the most powerful vampire on the Eastern Seaboard.

I vaguely recall that the issue is rare because a portion of the print run had its pages out of order (and Scare Tactics didn't have that huge a readership in the first place), but I might be thinking of something else.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

site posted:

He got manipulated into killing a bunch of his kids, right? That’ll help, moneywise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

ImpAtom posted:

Batman has done that a few times (with Nightwing, Green Arrow, and Superman off the top of my head.) I also know that Batman has pretended to be Clark Kent at least once as has Supergirl.

There was a bit in the 90s Batman cartoon where it's implied Bane was about to kick off his whole "Break the bat" thing when Superman-pretending-to-be-Batman stumbled over him, Riddler and Mad Hatter finalizing the plan.

It didn't go well for Bane.