Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

an owls casket posted:

God, this sounds so familiar-- you wouldn't happen to be the guy who had the titular line in Star Wars, would you?

I had the title line and the titular line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do
yeah i honestly don't know how much mileage you can get out of "deliver a package" but we've gotten about 25 years of stuff from "shoot a gun" so i'm willing to take the chance.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Kojima made a game about walking down the same hallway several times pretty drat compelling, I trust him

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Jenny Agutter posted:

Kojima made a game about walking down the same hallway several times pretty drat compelling, I trust him

I have hard time taking anyone saying "it's just a game about delivering stuff" with all the poo poo we've seen that makes Bloodborne look tame in comparison.

Yes, the core gameplay might be about walking from place to place but so is Silent Hill.

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do
it will probably be a lot of traversal-as-the-puzzle mixed with points of intense combat / stealth and i'm fine with it.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

WaltherFeng posted:

I have hard time taking anyone saying "it's just a game about delivering stuff" with all the poo poo we've seen that makes Bloodborne look tame in comparison.

What?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I’m jumping ship, I’m a rat fleeing the storm. My shriveled twisted body running from the meta critics. Anyone want my baby reserve?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Yeah, this. It looks like gloriously high concept, no suits around to say no, goofy creativity, but skeleton soldiers and talking about dvds with a guy that continually gets sent to the phantom zone does not make my Bloodborne look tame.

I know my Bloodborne.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
The Bloodborne-ish oil lion boss we've seen looks downright cute and cuddly next to pretty much any Bloodborne boss?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I was definitely exaggerating to make a point that game is indeed weird as gently caress.

Brb delivering this completely ordinary fetus through WW2 battlefield.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

WaltherFeng posted:

I was definitely exaggerating to make a point that game is indeed weird as gently caress.

Well you did a really bad job, Walther. >:/

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

pretty cool that the comic book guy from The Simpsons posts here as Space Panda

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
lol all the negative impressions leakers have done a full 180 and now think its a masterpiece. sure theres some virtue in there somewhere. not sure about this dan fellow however but i guess november 1st isnt too far away.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol all the negative impressions leakers have done a full 180 and now think its a masterpiece. sure theres some virtue in there somewhere. not sure about this dan fellow however but i guess november 1st isnt too far away.

Doesn't that track with what Kojima said? I guess he was spot on.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

gd what the gently caress is happening in this game arghhh my interest could not be more piqued

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Donovan Trip posted:

gd what the gently caress is happening in this game arghhh my interest could not be more piqued

yea I've been on team 'whatever I'll play it myself in a bit who cares what a rando says' but I'm just amazed how many of these leakers are going from 'wtf this is dogshit I hate this game we've been played like fiddles!!!!' to 'oh poo poo oh poo poo oooooooh shiiiiiiit'. I've been avoiding most real spoilers but the snippets I've seen are super intriguing.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

It's gonna rule, I can't wait! In Hideo we Games.

I don't get much out of the meta consensus thingy stuff, I'll see what I think. I do know Gamespot giving MGS3 an 8.7 or whatever I found an outrageous snub at the time. And still do, you blew it gamespot!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It will be a fun and novel game worth one or two playthroughs, possibly more depending on ending variance. I will live through it vicariously by stream-watchalongs, since I can't afford a whole rig and game, even for this. It'll be memorable.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
If the game is divisive that's good I'm sick of bland do nothing games trying to please everyone

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I mainly just wanna know what kinda tools/gear we get, tbh, we've seen a few neat things and hints like how we'll build highways and all, and I'm curious how far it goes. Any leaks focus on that without going into things too deep?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I think the best course of action will be returning to tucking my boner into my sweatpants band until the 7th

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Oct 22, 2019

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I have amazing willpower so instead of buying this on release date, my wife is getting it as my christmas present.

More time to play Iceborne

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

WaltherFeng posted:

I have amazing willpower so instead of buying this on release date, my wife is getting it as my christmas present.

I can only assume you'll find a world full of craters, mushrooms and ladders with the comment "you can totally trust this ladder. sincerely Patches"

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

So is there going to be like an offline mode as well?

Also the craters are going to appear for everyone's game??

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
i am going to play so much videogame

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

tuo posted:

I can only assume you'll find a world full of craters, mushrooms and ladders with the comment "you can totally trust this ladder. sincerely Patches"

Or even better a present that's just a box full of mushrooms, a piss jar and a folding ladder.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Tertius Oculum posted:

I think no one knows...really. I assume there is an offline mode, and I seem to remember (but can't source it, too long ago) that Kojima said something to the effect of "death will create a crater and effect other players". I don't think it'll actually alter the world from other players, as that would be a pretty risky experiment.

Kojima pointed out a couple of times how important the multiplayer - or should I say - online part is, to "build connections between people", so it's going to be interesting if the game feels totally different after release (with millions playing it) than what the review people play now (with - I assume - a couple of hundred peoples worldwide). Similar to how the Soulsborne games change as soon as goons other people join the game.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Do we all play Norman Reedus or will there be some MGSVesque way to play as other couriers, I wonder.

MGSV’s gameplay being samey is like a Rorschach test for how boring you are as a person. We were given this wild collection of tools to complete missions and it was a playground of ridiculous toys. Or you could take the same loadout every time and slog through.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
rocket-fetus-punch

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm sorry but it's my god-given right to play a video game in the most boring way possible and then complain that they're forcing me to do it.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

It's funny how people on twitter get mad after reading the spoilers and realizing that - yes - this is a Hideo Kojima game, designed by Hideo Kojima, written by Hideo Kojima, produced by Hideo Kojima, directed by Hideo Kojima and hyped by Hideo Kojima - a Hideo Kojima game. Wonder what they actually thought it would be, a game NOT made by a dozen of Hideo Kojimas?

I'm also pretty hyped for this game, made by Hideo Kojima.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

All the different toys to play with doesnt change that the missions themselves were what were samey.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Donovan Trip posted:

its cause they played 10 hours of the game, leaked impression, beat the game, leaked impression...

edit: spoilers are easy enough to find maybe we shouldn't share anything here

Modest Mao fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Oct 22, 2019

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I've seen spoiler tags that want me to click them and now I am removing myself from the thread. I hope everyone enjoys Hideo Kojima's Death Stranding in a couple of weeks!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

HIGH FIVE!!!

drat, I want this to be true, allthough I don't believe it

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Goodbye thread. I will see you on the other side.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Tertius Oculum posted:

If you ever played Journey on PS3, that had an online mode where one or two other people could be in your game world at the same time and interact with stuff in it. If you traveled too far away from each other they would 'exit' your game seamlessly. There might actually be hundreds of people in the same area but you only see the effects of one or two. Journey didn't have anything which permanently affected the world, though, and you were always traveling forwards.

In any case, really excited to try and blow up a mountain.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
Metal Death Solid: Tactical Pisspionage Deliverations

I love open world games & didn't mind MGSV's variation-on-a-theme missions. I love having a lot of different tools to solve a problem in a game and Kojima has done that trick a bunch of times. I am optimistic this will be a good game about laddering my way to celebrity's houses and singing to my container baby.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
For some reason I really really really want to be able to collect little action figures of all the celebrities you do side missions for and deck out Norman’s house with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Death Stranding Cribs edition.