Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Snake Maze posted:

Right click the flask in your hotbar

:O

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremis
Nov 30, 2013
Picked it up this weekend and made loving death wand with oil/fire trails and spirit vapour clouds. Add that fire immunity and I'm standing in a raging inferno cloud.

Good work on this.

Edit: many enemies seem resistant to fire.

Tremis fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 22, 2019

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

why would you drink a flask rather then fill a hole you can use for a whole radius

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
i no longer believe teleportitis is a good perk

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
teleportitis is for if you think "out of the frying pan into the fire" sounds like a great time

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

This game needs a Sonic mode where you just lose gold

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Well this if fun, I found a wand with always cast matter eater on it. Now with a couple of bubble spark spells on it I basically have a unlimited black hole wand.

Did sorta anger the gods a bit using it though.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

nightwisher posted:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5iz0bw88pqib4b/angry_god_begone.rar?dl=0

This is my little wrath removal mode, stripped from my Noita+ mod. Basically guts the function, I was going to remove the scripts entirely from the holy mountain but I actually have a use for them so I left the triggers in. Let me know if it causes any issues. It's not Ommel compatible but it only modifies one file that pretty much no one ever touches.

Either I installed it wrong, or it doesn't work. :( I'm on the beta branch, and put the angry_god_begone folder into the "mods" folder. I noticed that the example mod has an init.lua that your mod doesn't; is that essential?

On the plus side, I managed to kill the guardian in a stand-up fight, through copious use of a Summon Rock Spirit wand and a triplecast flaming whatever-miscellaneous-projectiles-I-had-on-hand wand. But goddamn am I sick of not being allowed to play with optimized wand loadouts because I keep getting interrupted in the one place I'm allowed to edit wands!

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Either I installed it wrong, or it doesn't work. :( I'm on the beta branch, and put the angry_god_begone folder into the "mods" folder. I noticed that the example mod has an init.lua that your mod doesn't; is that essential?

On the plus side, I managed to kill the guardian in a stand-up fight, through copious use of a Summon Rock Spirit wand and a triplecast flaming whatever-miscellaneous-projectiles-I-had-on-hand wand. But goddamn am I sick of not being allowed to play with optimized wand loadouts because I keep getting interrupted in the one place I'm allowed to edit wands!

Did you actually enable it ingame and start a new game?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
No, no I did not (enable it). :doh: For some reason I keep expecting mods to just engage automatically by being in the right part of the filesystem.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Mzbundifund posted:

"When anywhere is better than here"

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mzbundifund posted:

It would be at least interesting to play with if it didn't trigger on DoT ticks. As it is it's supremely annoying to brush your ankle through a puddle of toxic goo and then spend the next 5-10 seconds teleporting around before you can land in a nice divot in the ground and wash yourself off with a spray of water from your flask.

Of course without that it would still be extremely dangerous. Last time I picked it I ended up dying horribly in the ice caves by teleporting into the middle of wide open rooms with no cover, getting immediately shot by Hiisi from all directions, then teleporting to the next one and repeat.
But that's dangerous in a fun way, like electricity constantly blowing up nearby barrels. Yeah Electricity usually kills me but that doesn't stop me from picking it up all the time!
The current fire/poison interaction with teleportitis is more dangerous in an annoying/frustrating way, like freezing aura getting you stuck in midair blood pixels.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Mzbundifund posted:

I just had a run end because of that, got poisoned and teleported into a lava lake. Shoulda skipped that perk batch.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
teleportitis is fundamentally the worst perk in the game because until you have cleared out most of a level, taking damage will often put you into a worse situation because you will have a higher chance of teleporting somewhere unexplored(and thus dangerous) than somewhere explored.

this isn't even taking into account situations where you literally just teleport into lava or whatever lol

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

im not sure if anything can be worse than freeze field.

at least with teleport perk your end is swift. with freeze field oyu just get imprisoned in an icy tomb until you inevitably explode something in your face to end the pain

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS
The freeze field and teleportitis both feel like more punishment than benefit. The same it true for a few others to a lesser degree like electricity. I really look forwards to more perks, as well as the crazier modded perks that get added. Right now it seems that most runs rely to much on getting the perfect wand and perk combo. And not getting instagibbed upon being surpris polymorphed. Also, why is the blinding wizard even in the game? 30 seconds in which either I sit, bored waiting to be able to get on with my life of 2 seconds of panic in which I flail around uselessly and get gibbed. Either way, it sucks.

I made a little mod that actually gives the sheep more health and the same movement as the base player so at least I have a chance to escape before getting wrecked.

Edit- Also, no i-frames on extra life means that 9 times out of 10, I get a game over screen with a helpful popup saying "extra life gives you another chance" or something equally insulting.

What I'm saying is I wanna hate gently caress this game.

Nyyen fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 22, 2019

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
idk how you guys are getting polymorphed so often

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

IronicDongz posted:

idk how you guys are getting polymorphed so often

More than half the time it's because I get winged by some random projectile, fall straight down with no way to do anything else, and fall into a random puddle from a broken flask I didn't even know was there. The fungal caverns are especially bad about this.

And speaking of which, can the total stunlock effect of projectiles be lessened some what? I don't mind losing my flight ability, but losing horizontal control seems excessive. It makes me terrified of every little projectile and not in a fun way. I just fear the bullshit.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Nyyen posted:

And speaking of which, can the total stunlock effect of projectiles be lessened some what? I don't mind losing my flight ability, but losing horizontal control seems excessive. It makes me terrified of every little projectile and not in a fun way. I just fear the bullshit.

I got hit by a teleporter wizard and landed right next to a robot with a pistol. I literally couldn't get away from the robot because every time I started to move it'd knock me out of the sky. But I was already almost dead so at least my torture was brief. I'm having trouble imagining how you'd get out of that situation without some real quick thinking. Maybe a teleportium flask throw?

It does seem weird that so many of the perks are actively harmful. Like, I don't see any circumstance that would have me taking Teleportitis, Boomerang Spells, Freeze Field, Slime Blood (despite the projectile resistance, the slow movement would just be so goddamned annoying), or More Love. And Invisibility/Stainless Armour seem basically useless unless you also have Repelling Cape.

Shoutouts to Homing Shots for making me way less accurate, too. It has a real knack for locking onto targets that are nowhere near where I'm aiming. Also shoutouts to Perk Lottery for literally never activating for me. :mad:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Invisibility is bustedly strong if you actually enable it. You don't need repelling cape, just dry off if you're currently wet and then you can waltz to the end of the game, basically only stopping to shoot the occasional wooden barrier in temple of the art

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Nyyen posted:

More than half the time it's because I get winged by some random projectile, fall straight down with no way to do anything else, and fall into a random puddle from a broken flask I didn't even know was there. The fungal caverns are especially bad about this.

Apparently the slime blood perk stops this. But that sounds like a bug.

IronicDongz posted:

Invisibility is bustedly strong if you actually enable it. You don't need repelling cape, just dry off if you're currently wet and then you can waltz to the end of the game, basically only stopping to shoot the occasional wooden barrier in temple of the art

I never have the patience to just hide in a corner and do nothing while waiting to dry off for 5 minutes but I get the feeling that that is basically the optimal way to play if you have the perk or even just a flask of invisibilium (although at least the flask lets you make a deep puddle to wash off other fluids with)

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Oct 22, 2019

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

I wish games had an arachnophobia warning, since I just loving screamed and nearly had a panic attack when a giant spider walked in from the side of the screen :negative:

That movement animation is extremely unsettling

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Those spiders are my favorite enemy in the game. The animations are incredible! SO menacing, but in reality not all that scary (like most spiders).

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Hey Hiisi base, I got somethin' for ya

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

that dynamite thrower in the mines looks too much like barney

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I never have the patience to just hide in a corner and do nothing while waiting to dry off for 5 minutes but I get the feeling that that is basically the optimal way to play if you have the perk or even just a flask of invisibilium (although at least the flask lets you make a deep puddle to wash off other fluids with)

The invisible perk activates when you're coated in worm blood. Invisibilium is so good that a perk that makes worm blood into invisibilium is also good. Not as good as Permanent Shield, invisibility is probably worth grabbing over Perk Lottery if they're both in the same mountain.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I really like the jungle spiders. I've never seen an animation like that and it's cool.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If you like those spiders you might want to check out Rainworld which has a ton of procedural animated crittermajigs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y30S7eWT5n4

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You might also love to hate limbo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J34Q6wWzIiE

CW: Spiders, obv.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

I probably would have won by now if I didn't insist on killing everything.

If I have low HP I run of course.

That doesn't matter when fighting an Ukko/Elec man in the ice caves that can one shot you most of the time.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Why does that guy's projectile do so much damage? It almost feels like it is a mistake, it's so out of proportion with everything else.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I'm not sure the extent of the effect but the rate at which you dry off drastically decreases and possibly stops when you're sitting still, i think. Unless i'm totally misinterpreting what i've noticed i believe you have to be moving to get rid of stains.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mzbundifund posted:

Why does that guy's projectile do so much damage? It almost feels like it is a mistake, it's so out of proportion with everything else.

Electricity is generally extremely lethal, if you ever get a lightning wand it's great because you feel like you need to hold the thing at arm's length and look away before firing it, and while it deletes basically everything in one shot, it's also got a fair chance of detonating near you and killing you, or hitting a liquid or metal that conducts back to you and killing you, or holding it underwater too long and it killing you.

So it might be thematic.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Mzbundifund posted:

There is a 3 shot spell called "Thunder Charge" that is their basic attack. The one you can get does 180 damage base. Then other things can happen as a result of this.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

andrew smash posted:

I'm not sure the extent of the effect but the rate at which you dry off drastically decreases and possibly stops when you're sitting still, i think. Unless i'm totally misinterpreting what i've noticed i believe you have to be moving to get rid of stains.
Even Repellent Cape points out that it makes you get rid of status effects faster only while you are moving, so that sounds like it's just how it's supposed to work.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Snake Maze posted:

Right click the flask in your hotbar

This doesn't work for me anymore for some reason, Noita just sprays the liquid if it's equipped and if not, nothing happens.

It's driving me crazy since I know it worked like that earlier but at some point just .. stopped? Does it work for others?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TeaJay posted:

This doesn't work for me anymore for some reason, Noita just sprays the liquid if it's equipped and if not, nothing happens.

It's driving me crazy since I know it worked like that earlier but at some point just .. stopped? Does it work for others?

Make sure the inventory is open when you right click on it

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
An update just dropped on beta branch. To anyone who has ever been annoying by having to manually pick up every little lump of gold? The new Attract Physical Items perk solves that issue, conclusively.

Just, uh, bottles? Very not your friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Daztek posted:

Make sure the inventory is open when you right click on it

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh