Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Necrotizer F posted:

Anything that connects to St. Elsewhere (which includes our own reality somehow) does not exist because all of St. Elsewhere was a daydream by an autistic child.

Well, that would certainly explain the first season of LoT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Well, that would certainly explain the first season of LoT.

Hey, don't insult autistic children by implying their daydreams are lovely enough to create Legends season 1!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

Hey, don't insult autistic children by implying their daydreams are lovely enough to create Legends season 1!

No! I was saying season 1 was lovely because it was part of that imagined universe!

Agh!

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Zoom out from season 1 and it's Gary Green staring at a snow globe of the Waverider

Then Beebo flatlines.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Everyone rags on Season 1 (mostly for good reason), but it still had maximum Snart, and he remains my favorite Arrowverse character. As good as the show has become, his presence has been missed.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Everyone rags on Season 1 (mostly for good reason), but it still had maximum Snart, and he remains my favorite Arrowverse character. As good as the show has become, his presence has been missed.

That’s the thing, if Snart stuck around past Season 1 it’s very likely that Mick would have never emerged from his shadow and become the character he’s grown into over the course of the show. It’s truly an impossible choice.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Mick is the best.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

nine-gear crow posted:

That’s the thing, if Snart stuck around past Season 1 it’s very likely that Mick would have never emerged from his shadow and become the character he’s grown into over the course of the show. It’s truly an impossible choice.

I remember the moment when Mick was going to sacrifice himself to nuke the Time Masters, and being pleased because the dumb arsonist was going bye-bye. Then thinking, now if they can just ditch Peacock Man we'll be in business (Kendra I liked and wanted to stay ). But no. Snart, the cool one, dies instead.

And today I'm glad. Snart was cool and fun but he was also very much a fully-formed character. The large majority of his growth had already been completed on The Flash. Beyond all the revelations we've gotten about Mick, consider that Snart is a charismatic, natural leader. With him still there we might have gotten Captain Snart and completely missed out on Captain Sara Lance, Spacetime Bisexual.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Didn’t Mick kill a bunch of civilians back in the day on The Flash?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

omg chael crash posted:

Didn’t Mick kill a bunch of civilians back in the day on The Flash?

Probably, so did Snart, didn't he?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Yeah, they were both murderers, but they don't let things like that get in the way of being on Team Flash so why should the Legends care?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Basically the only team that doesn't have some sort of body count under their belt is super girl's I think

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

Xelkelvos posted:

Basically the only team that doesn't have some sort of body count under their belt is super girl's I think

Alex probably killed aliens in the old style DEO

8one6
May 20, 2012

Kara totally heat vision'ed someone who got in between her and her one true love ice cream.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Didn't they kill all the Daxamites?

8one6
May 20, 2012

bentacos posted:

No, they just... Something somethings... Lead.. In the atmosphere and...
Look, they're all gone, ok.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bentacos posted:

Also that was mostly Lena Luthor's doing and she's in the process of turning irrevocably evil this year so feel free to pin as many Supergirl deaths as you'd like on her.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Hasn't Supergirl killed a bunch of Daxamites in the past? Or at least some aliens in general? I might be misremembering here.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE

Vietnamwees posted:

Hasn't Supergirl killed a bunch of Daxamites in the past? Or at least some aliens in general? I might be misremembering here.

I'm pretty sure she rolled up in a Chevy and vaporized a bunch of martians in Season 3.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

YorexTheMad posted:

I'm pretty sure she rolled up in a Chevy and vaporized a bunch of martians in Season 3.

I still think that was an effects error they didn't have time to fix.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Imagine Green Arrow of all people being better about not killing people than the 'good' teams.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SardonicTyrant posted:

Imagine Green Arrow of all people being better about not killing people than the 'good' teams.

He'd definitely be the first to admit he had a body count and how a lot of it was definitely on purpose.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

He still does body counts. Diggle shot a bunch of mooks this last episode.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

GreenNight posted:

I'm pretty sure Diggle uses tranq rounds.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The Green Arrow doesn't kill as long as you're the actual named bad guy. Goons get shot.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

GreenNight posted:

They would have been erased from existence shortly after anyways.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

King of Solomon posted:

I'm pretty sure Diggle uses tranq rounds.

Those were definitely not tranq rounds in the season opener. There was blood spray.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

muscles like this! posted:

Those were definitely not tranq rounds in the season opener. There was blood spray.

Fair enough! It's definitely super weird that Arrow has had so much focus on heroes killing people, and then has multiple team members just using handguns.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

That's why I always wanted a scene where Supergirl is saving people and Diggle just shoots a bunch of dudes.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Bruceski posted:

The Green Arrow doesn't kill as long as you're the actual named bad guy. Goons get shot.

One thing I saw as a missed opportunity in the Season Five Prometheus story line involved that. I wish that instead of making Prometheus the son of one of the "List" bad guys, he'd been the child of one of the random goons that we actually saw Oliver kill back in Season One. It would have been much more effective in terms of "unintended consequences" for Oliver to have murdered someone just doing a (legal) bodyguard job only to have that guy's son or younger brother come back for revenge later as Prometheus.

Everyone fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 22, 2019

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

GreenNight posted:

That's why I always wanted a scene where Supergirl is saving people and Diggle just shoots a bunch of dudes.

Renee also has a whole thing where his superhero identity is just "guy in hockey mask and jersey who runs at you firing two automatic pistols."

King of Solomon posted:

Fair enough! It's definitely super weird that Arrow has had so much focus on heroes killing people, and then has multiple team members just using handguns.

Normally Dig does use a gun that they give an alternate sound/muzzle flash but I think they just went with the killing since that universe was doomed.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

King of Solomon posted:

Diggle spent the first 2 (or 3?) seasons with no helmet or mask or anything either. Oliver's identity really should've been blown earlier when everyone noticed that Oliver Queen's bodyguard was running around with the Arrow putting motherfuckers in the dirt.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Vulgar posted:

I was about to suggest they just go whole hog and have Richard Belzer appear as Det. Munch and pull everything into the Tommy Westphall universe, but according to a list I just looked at the Arrowverse is already part of it.

Mulder and Scully in Legends?!?!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

GreenNight posted:

Someone post that gif Diggle shin kicking a Dominator

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

GreenNight posted:

We need a crossover scene were it's Digg, Rene, Alex, Mick and I guess Wells or de-powered Cisco just shooting at bad guys in contrast to all the superpowered people and hyper competent martial artists

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I want Gamby hanging out with Cisco and Brainiac.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Grillfiend posted:

Alex probably killed aliens in the old style DEO

Well she definitely put a kryptonite sword through Kara's aunt

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

ShakeZula posted:

Well she definitely put a kryptonite sword through Kara's aunt

I remember that happening as well, and that was pretty coldblooded.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Caity Lotz posted saying today was the final day of shooting for COIE and she also shot her final scenes with Amell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Brandon Routh posted that today was his final day of filming LoT and I have so many emotions right now.