Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
So he tried to play through it, then when he got benched he decided he might as well get the surgery, is what you’re saying?

Because that changes absolutely nothing in a positive favor for the Jets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I'm not saying the Jets are right. I'm just saying there is context. If he had the surgery before the season and is out for the year he wouldn't have gotten his guaranteed cash for 2019. Now that he's not playing I'm sure he wants to have the surgery now so that he can sign a FA contract for 2020 whereas the Jets want to trade him. Douglas should probably speak on this instead of just not saying poo poo too.

so basically he didn't get the surgery earlier that is required to fix the injury he got playing football for the jets, because if he did the jets would take away the money he was guaranteed under the contract to get him to play football for them and get that injury

that sure is some context alright

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

evilweasel posted:

so basically he didn't get the surgery earlier that is required to fix the injury he got playing football for the jets, because if he did the jets would take away the money he was guaranteed under the contract to get him to play football for them and get that injury

that sure is some context alright

He didn't get it playing for the Jets. The Jets traded for him this past offseason and this issue was preexisting.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They accepted his rights in that trade

Dude you’re adding context which is in of itself a defense of what they’re doing. And you’re wrong for it!

Gase poo poo aside just let the dude have surgery. This is a really bad look for any fa you’d be targeting

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Amy Pole Her posted:

They accepted his rights in that trade

Dude you’re adding context which is in of itself a defense of what they’re doing. And you’re wrong for it!

Gase poo poo aside just let the dude have surgery. This is a really bad look for any fa you’d be targeting

I said basically exactly this like a week ago and you're still arguing with me lol. Why?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

The Jets are a loving tire fire in so many ways. This is outrageous.

https://twitter.com/mmehtanydn/status/1187080825608818689?s=21

The instant someone's first response to this MRI thing being leaked out was "there's no way this is true", it was a matter of time before it was getting confirmed. Absolutely loving disgusting from the Jets, yet I can't look away :stare:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

By all accounts this is a Joe Douglas stance so he should probably put a statement out at the very least. And Douglas didn’t trade for him so it’s not like he’s super invested here unless he had a deal lined up or something.

Either way it’s lovely and bizarre.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

By all accounts this is a Joe Douglas stance so he should probably put a statement out at the very least. And Douglas didn’t trade for him so it’s not like he’s super invested here unless he had a deal lined up or something.

Either way it’s lovely and bizarre.

Douglas should be speaking on the state of the team. He's really acting like he's totally washing his hands of what is going on this season.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Also relevant. Gase as a guy talking football has been great. Gase as a coach has been trash.

https://twitter.com/DrewfromJersey/status/1187079263079542784

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Also relevant. Gase as a guy talking football has been great. Gase as a coach has been trash.

https://twitter.com/DrewfromJersey/status/1187079263079542784

I've actually found Gase pretty likable. The performance on the field however, speaks for itself.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

mcmagic posted:

I haven't found him to be vile or arrogant and even if he was, he's still 10x a better person than the guy he lost to last night. He also hasn't been blaming the players. The results on the field are what I'm worried about.

The Jets also need to stop giving ESPN any access at all until they stop trying to humiliate the franchise on national TV for the lawls.

No disagreements about old Bill, but while I was exaggerating I actually do find Gase a bit repulsive. Him spitting his gross chew juice that looks like sewage the entire game certainly doesn't help, that seriously was making me feel ill. Neither do his crazy eyes, his patchy beard or his penchant for snorting smelling salts.

Look, I don't know the guy personally but I know he ran Landry and Ajayi out of town and I know that tons of players have said they didn't like working with him and that he lost the locker room. I am not the first person to believe he's arrogant, that has come straight from players who have worked with him. I don't think he's great with the media and, most importantly maybe, I don't think he's a good coach. I don't understand what the Jets saw in him and I don't understand why he immediately got a second chance when there were other decent options.

But, whatever. I still want Darnold and the Jets to do well

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

There are numerous players on the Jets I wish he would run out of town.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Everyone is in agreement that they need to trade Leo. Maybe they can get a 3rd. Hopefully.

I’d prefer they keep Robby since quality deep threats don’t grow on trees.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Everyone is in agreement that they need to trade Leo. Maybe they can get a 3rd. Hopefully.

I’d prefer they keep Robby since quality deep threats don’t grow on trees.

I wouldn't trade Robby but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. He's just not a real number 1 WR. I would also consider trading Adams if they can get a package like the Jags got for Ramsey.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

mcmagic posted:

There are numerous players on the Jets I wish he would run out of town.

He only runs talented players out, so no dice there, sorry.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

He only runs talented players out, so no dice there, sorry.

I've yet to see him run a good player out of town at either one of his stops.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I mean they weren’t Jamison Crowder level to be sure but they did make pro bowls and what not.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

I mean they weren’t Jamison Crowder level to be sure but they did make pro bowls and what not.

Jay Ajayi isn't even in the NFL anymore. Calm down.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

mcmagic posted:

And has a super bowl ring for his troubles

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

mcmagic posted:

I've yet to see him run a good player out of town at either one of his stops.

Jay Ajayi?!?!?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

mcmagic posted:

Because of injuries, not lack of skill.

But he accomplished more in his short career than any player on the Jets roster.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

Because of injuries, not lack of skill.

But he accomplished more in his short career than any player on the Jets roster.

This isn't true. He had 1 good year in his career and it was when Gase was his coach.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I said basically exactly this like a week ago and you're still arguing with me lol. Why?

You must have different conclusions in your head because that’s not what you said tbh

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

You must have different conclusions in your head because that’s not what you said tbh

Wrong. I said the Jets were in the wrong and that they should let him have the surgery the first day this was a story.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
That’s one more good season than Jamison Crowder, Robby Anderson, and Chris Herndon combined.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

That’s one more good season than Jamison Crowder, Robby Anderson, and Chris Herndon combined.

How many more than Bell?

That isn't even the point. The point is that Ajayi didn't do anything after Gase dumped him that would make Gase look bad.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Oct 24, 2019

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

mcmagic posted:

How many more than Bell?

That isn't even the point. The point is that Ajayi didn't do anything after Gase dumped him that would make Gase look bad.

I live in the Philly burbs, and he looked really great for the Eagles when he was healthy. He went from a 3.4 y/a with Gase in Miami to 5.8 y/a after being traded to Philly. Gase didn't dump him because he was a bum, he dumped him cause he wasn't an Adam Gase guy. You can't argue "Thank god we traded that guy" just because he got hurt.

It's like Steelers fans being happy they got rid of Brown because of the sexual assault.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Never forget that Adam Gase didn’t want Le’Veon Bell.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

mcmagic posted:

How many more than Bell?

Ajayi was more successful post fins than any fin who replaced him, other than getting an injury.

But, we all know when Gase pushes Bell out because he doesn't believe there is much difference in running backs and doesn't want to pay them, you'll have a different view. Then you'll have Gase as HC and no Bell. Might not happen, since Gase will likely either be fired or on a short lease next year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

torgeaux posted:

Ajayi was more successful post fins than any fin who replaced him, other than getting an injury.

But, we all know when Gase pushes Bell out because he doesn't believe there is much difference in running backs and doesn't want to pay them, you'll have a different view. Then you'll have Gase as HC and no Bell. Might not happen, since Gase will likely either be fired or on a short lease next year.

He had literally like 4 good games for the eagles and never played again lol.

The issue with Gase and Bell is that he isn't using him in the right ways and isn't throwing the ball to him enough. I'm not worried about him pushing him out.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It just occurred to me how hilarious it will be if the Gase-led Jets inadvertently out-tank us.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The way the AFC East schedules are such a joke this year the Jets could legit still win 8 games.

Bengals, Steelers, 2x Dolphins, Giants, Redskins

Also Jags and Bills (not talking poo poo Bills fans just saying the Jets COULD win).

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Also, problematically, it could lead to a Dolphins victory or two.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
In other Dolphin problems, we move one step closer to not having two Top 10 picks this week with a loss to the Steelers.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/1187456032441802753

The Jets are looking to trade Robby Anderson, which I'm assuming is the latest player that Adam Gase has found issues with.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Catfish Noodlin posted:

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/1187456032441802753

The Jets are looking to trade Robby Anderson, which I'm assuming is the latest player that Adam Gase has found issues with.

Nah, he's just all they have for trade bait and this season is already a write off.

torgeaux fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Oct 24, 2019

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I came dangerously close to posting that Adam Gase's penchant to trading away talented players might be a tad overblown, but I wisely waited until after the deadline.

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
Robby is one of those guys that almost half the fan base is always singling him out to be traded any time such discussions arise and I don't understand why. I think it's two things maybe - he's not a stud #1 which the lack of on the team hurts, and that people really overvalue 5Th round picks (I see people saying they'd trade him for a 5th in a heartbeat). It's like there's no middle ground in talent to some people. Yeah the team needs a stud #1. But you need more than that for a receiving core and they don't grow on trees (or mid round draft picks for that matter)

He's one of the few young talents this team has on O and his skills set has a place on any team. Nearly every good Jets win has involved big plays from him. Jets should be retaining what little talent they have on offense not giving it up for peanuts. Sometimes I do feel like I overrate the guy when I defend him but that's just because more so than any other player on the team he is constantly being suggested as trade material by fans for reasons I don't get.

Phyein fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 24, 2019

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Robby Anderson should be worth more than a 5th round pick. I say having no idea what his contract situation is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Phyein posted:

Robby is one of those guys that almost half the fan base is always singling him out to be traded any time such discussions arise and I don't understand why. I think it's two things maybe - he's not a stud #1 which the lack of on the team hurts, and that people really overvalue 5Th round picks (I see people saying they'd trade him for a 5th in a heartbeat). It's like there's no middle ground in talent to some people. Yeah the team needs a stud #1. But you need more than that for a receiving core and they don't grow on trees (or mid round draft picks for that matter)

He's one of the few young talents this team has on O and his skills set has a place on any team. Nearly every good Jets win has involved big plays from him. Jets should be retaining what little talent they have on offense not giving it up for peanuts. Sometimes I do feel like I overrate the guy when I defend him but that's just because more so than any other player on the team he is constantly being suggested as trade material by fans for reasons I don't get.

Couldn't agree with this more. If you don't get big plays from Robby Anderson then who the gently caress are you going to get them from?

Answer: you won't get them from anyone