Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tic-tac#Odds

tag yourselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sais a wang

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

obviously im Scruffy and dirty

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

cockle reporting in

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
"Meme manager" Ben Lashes represented Grumpy Cat, in addition to Keyboard Cat and Nyan Cat.[7]

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Caption: An orange drink

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Slippery Tilde
Shape

The "Cool S" consists of 14 line segments, forming a stylized, pointed S-shape. It has also been compared to the infinity symbol.[2] The "tails" (pointy ends) of the S appear to link underneath so that it loops around on itself in the same way as the infinity symbol does.[3] The "Cool S" has no reflection symmetry, but has 2-fold rotational symmetry. As illustrated, a common way to draw the shape begins with two sets of three parallel, vertical lines, one above the other.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

im a bag of sand

it’s a living

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
i’m up the arm

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentaborane(11)

quote:

With two more hydrogen atoms than nido-pentaborane(9), pentaborane(11) is classified as an arachno cluster.[1]

you can't fool me! someone has pasted part of the pokemon wiki into this page

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_Brabazon#/media/File:Bristol_brabazon_wheel_arp.jpg

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Description

English: Main undercarriage wheel of the Bristol Brabazon, preserved at the Bristol Industrial Museum, Bristol, England. The lady is 5 feet 4 inches tall (my wife). In 2007 this museum was permanently closed for conversion to the Museum of Bristol. The exhibits are in storage.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Borat Brabazon

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Krankenstyle posted:

Borat Brabazon

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

(not sure where this is coming from, it doesn't appear to be in the page source and it has an appropriate caption on the linked page)

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

haveblue posted:

(not sure where this is coming from, it doesn't appear to be in the page source and it has an appropriate caption on the linked page)

https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/22/17268510/wikipedia-page-previews-web-design

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Skyscraper_design_and_construction&diff=922732593&oldid=922732586

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

a site trying to get people to view less pages instead of more

amazing how ads have warped priorities so much

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I mean if you go here and mouse over "large number of elevators needed" you still see it in the popup. that phrase is not in the current text of jeddah tower or skyscraper design so where is it coming from?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

haveblue posted:

I mean if you go here and mouse over "large number of elevators needed" you still see it in the popup. that phrase is not in the current text of jeddah tower or skyscraper design so where is it coming from?

you have something cached because it's not appearing for me

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Oct 27, 2019

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

In 2004, packets of Pop Rocks were packed inside specially marked boxes of Rice Krispies. Television commercials showed the candy exciting Pop!, who shouts his own name and the audience responds with "Rocks!", while Crackle! laments that the candy should be called "Crackle Rocks".

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

However, according to current medical science, it is not possible for a human to survive for a period of ten months without food, water, and air.[51]

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe
This is from a decade ago, but that figure is really... something.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/samelpan/status/1189043785063251969

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

this page and the ones breaking down which ones have been commercially released on which box sets were very handy when i wanted to build a little collection of them for nostalgia watching

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
debating whether this is worthless or worthwhile tbh

quote:

In 1973, Vice President Spiro Agnew, charged with accepting $100,000 in bribes while holding office as Baltimore County Executive, Governor of Maryland, and Vice President, was allowed to plead no contest to a lesser charge as long as he agreed to resign as Vice President. In September 1973, while he was considering his situation, Representatives William L. Dickenson, Republican from Alabama, and Samuel Devine, Republican from Ohio, presented him with a "Hang In There, Baby" poster signed by 100 Members of Congress as a token of encouragement and support.[6][7] Agnew resigned on October 10, 1973. President Nixon also received a copy of the poster from a supporter during the Watergate scandal.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cold on a Cob posted:

debating whether this is worthless or worthwhile tbh

He gave two examples, Alec Guinness = "Genuine Class" and Spiro Agnew = "Grow a Penis."

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Stack Machine posted:

This is from a decade ago, but that figure is really... something.

lol i think the pic is a screenshot from inside Second Life

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

prefect posted:

He gave two examples, Alec Guinness = "Genuine Class" and Spiro Agnew = "Grow a Penis."

Jeremy’s iron

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe
Here is a ball. Perhaps you'd like to-

wiki posted:

In the late 1960s, Wham-O made a giant Super Ball roughly the size of a bowling ball as a promotional stunt.[8][9] It fell from the 23rd story window (some reports say the roof) of an Australian hotel and destroyed a parked convertible car on the second bounce.

"It fell."

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i could have sworn when i read about the world's largest superball, they said they threw it off a roof and it shattered on impact and sent pieces ricocheting down the street and through shop windows

maybe it was a different superball

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Stack Machine posted:

Here is a ball. Perhaps you'd like to-

"It fell."

Still legal in 16 states!

Warning: Do not taunt Wham-O Giant Super Ball!

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_bear#/media/File:Dropbear.jpg

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wikipedia_theme_(as_television_cue).ogg

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
all right, we found it

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

lol

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
i'm the second, allegedly "compressed" version, that's actually larger than the original

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Jabor posted:

i'm the second, allegedly "compressed" version, that's actually larger than the original
dynamic compression, not file compression. they're both lossy files but the second one is slightly larger because it's slightly louder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i'm the extra note