Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I'm unbelievably hyped for this game. Please don't hurt me Kojima-san.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Hope we have preload :getin:

Wanna play games with Kojima :allears:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gonna be honest I'm pretty tempted even though London is a bit of a trip

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Do we have to have an PS Plus subscription for the online stuff?

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Not needed.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Exclusive BTS footage:

https://youtu.be/KlMpN26ts7s

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

poo poo, Conan is in the game

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I red a spoiler that after a certain chapter, you become conan

Also: spoiler-tags are free

gently caress my post, I just saw they posted that on twitter...the marketing machine is at full steam, I guess

tuo fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Oct 24, 2019

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Conan gives you an important item.

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1187290189544050688?s=20

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Holy poo poo.

So keanu is def in the game right? Everyone whos been in that office and signed the wall, is in the game?

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Hm funny though this is I think it'll hurt the atmosphere if literally every other npc is one of Kojima's celebrity pals

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Vikar Jerome posted:

Holy poo poo.

So keanu is def in the game right? Everyone whos been in that office and signed the wall, is in the game?

That's been the going theory. Everyone who's been there is a potential. Edgar Wright is all but confirmed since there's a picture of his signature on KojiPro's wall mentioning scanning his face.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Okay, so Kojima doesn't respect spoiler-tags either.

Joking aside, I think this game will be fun...all the strange stuff leaked till now reads like the ultimate Kojima game. I am really looking forward to it.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
The reason everyone is doing a 180 and calling the game amazing now is because after 10 hours the game pulls a MGS2 and Norman Reedus dies and you play the rest of the game as Norm Macdonald.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Drunken Baker posted:

The reason everyone is doing a 180 and calling the game amazing now is because after 10 hours the game pulls a MGS2 and Norman Reedus dies and you play the rest of the game as Norm Macdonald.

So it is RDR2, where after 15 hours of boring stuff, bad controls and stupid horses they actually start to tell a great story that's worth to play for the next 20 hours with bad controls and stupid horses? I'm totally down for that!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlMpN26ts7s

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
Ah so death stranding is just kingdom hearts but for goons

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Clavavisage posted:

Ah so death stranding is just kingdom hearts but for goons

More like Kojima is GamemasterAnthony and it is his birthday.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

8-bit Miniboss posted:

More like Kojima is GamemasterAnthony and it is his birthday.

:hmmyes:

It’ll be cool if every face is someone mocaped, even if they don’t use the same voice. All ~ real faces

Didn’t some Japanese dev had some idea of using the same characters in different games like they’re actors ?

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

ZZZorcerer posted:

Didn’t some Japanese dev had some idea of using the same characters in different games like they’re actors ?

That is such a terrible idea lol

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I know they wanted to do that with Final Fantasy: Spirits Within. The lead character was meant to be a digital "actor" and they wanted to do other films using her model and voice and whatnot.

Greenlit
Dec 16, 2004

A commonborn squire
takes the reins of a knightly order, and leads a wayward kingdom from the midst
of chaos. The masses yearn for a hero. I give them what they wish.

ZZZorcerer posted:

That was some sort of weird proto-Vocaloid idea for the main character of the 2001 Final Fantasy film. Then it flopped horribly and the idea went nowhere.

Sixteen year old Me really enjoyed it though. It was a neat flick.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Everyone is here!

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Hmmm that too, but I was thinking of Kenji Eno

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Well if this isn't Kojima as gently caress I don't know what is

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Drunken Baker posted:

This would be amazing. Conversely, put Norm in the game as one of these celeb NPCs, and when you find him you get locked into an unskippable cutscene of just him telling this joke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-MJy7w69EU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Drunken Baker posted:

I would never need another game.

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do
That stupid loving otter hat got me man. I just love everything in this fever dream of a game.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Greenlit posted:

That was some sort of weird proto-Vocaloid idea for the main character of the 2001 Final Fantasy film. Then it flopped horribly and the idea went nowhere.

Sixteen year old Me really enjoyed it though. It was a neat flick.

Then they gave Lightning from FFXIII a Versace modeling campaign.

I do agree that it might get weird if every other npc was a celebrity pal, but I’d be down if the celebrities were all secret Easter eggs you discover hiking around when you stumble into their preppier bunker.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 24, 2019

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Second half of the game you play as the baby

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Isn't Norm McDonald a piece of poo poo who went real weird and racist/just let it slip in public more? I remember him being a piece of poo poo.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

I wonder how hosed playing this game on a launch ps4 is going to be? KH3 got like 20 fps and it was nearly unplayable.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

A Sometimes Food posted:

Isn't Norm McDonald a piece of poo poo who went real weird and racist/just let it slip in public more? I remember him being a piece of poo poo.

He is a comedian, yes.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

ZZZorcerer posted:

:hmmyes:

It’ll be cool if every face is someone mocaped, even if they don’t use the same voice. All ~ real faces

They should do this with the Yakuza characters and their voice actors. Instead of making a Fist of the North Star game, make a Fist of the North Star game with the Yakuza characters playing the FotNS characters.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Now that Amazon doesn't do the prime discounts anymore, is there any place to get this on release day for less than msrp? I don't really care about cosmetic pre-order bonuses or anything if it saves me some cash.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Macaluso posted:

This would be amazing. Conversely, put Norm in the game as one of these celeb NPCs, and when you find him you get locked into an unskippable cutscene of just him telling this joke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-MJy7w69EU

Its like a clean version of The Aristocrats lmao

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Partial Octopus posted:

I wonder how hosed playing this game on a launch ps4 is going to be? KH3 got like 20 fps and it was nearly unplayable.

Horizon Zero dawn ran well on a launch ps4, so barring some bad optimization of the engine it should be fine

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Luna___TH/status/1187321855062892545

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Based on Wandering MC’s lines, Death Stranding is the tale of how Death Stranding was made, much like Adaptation was about how Adaptation was made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I had a dream I was playing Death Stranding but I'm pretty sure it was REmake 2 mixed with DS stuff