Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Seconding, Overcast is very good. I live by the smart playlist feature.

E: what am awful snype I'm sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I think the Breaking Dawn part 2-mentary is the best one of the lot

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Soup du Jour posted:

I think the Breaking Dawn part 2-mentary is the best one of the lot
Yeah, I watched it earlier and I was howling. Just a joy to listen to.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I really should listen to the Twilightmentaries, but that would also require me watching the Twilight movies, and then they'll taint my recommendations forever more.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

I really should listen to the Twilightmentaries, but that would also require me watching the Twilight movies, and then they'll taint my recommendations forever more.

Second profile baby!

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Oh my god... We're getting it...

We are getting WHM Tommy Wiseau impressions.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

Podcast Addict works really good.

Seconding this. Its only two downsides (for me) is that it has an annoying habit of closing itself if I pause at any time, and sometimes options/settings are buried under rather unintuitive sections, making it hard to find the right place for what you want to change.

(oh and a minor third one, the developer can be a bit of a jerk, especially concerning the second thing I mentioned.)

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

1.Camp
2.Jail
3.Stupid
4.Christmas

Fight me.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Nobody is going to fight you over Ernest movies.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

when I started this episode, I was not expecting the return of slobodan milosevic

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Oh wow, looks like Ernest Goes to Africa is available on Prime.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

General Dog posted:

Oh wow, looks like Ernest Goes to Africa is available on Prime.

no, dont.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Hey Verne, did you know they call them "conflict diamonds" now?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Not feeling this episode at all. Don't care about Child's Play very much. It's weird because I've enjoyed their past live stuff!

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

The Deleter posted:

Not feeling this episode at all. Don't care about Child's Play very much. It's weird because I've enjoyed their past live stuff!

I've never seen child's play and this was great to me. The impressions!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

1.Camp
2.Jail
3.Stupid
4.Christmas

Fight me.

Yeah that's the correct order.

That said, you can put a star next to Stupid because it's a really solid movie to put in your October movie rotation. I can't say the same for Christmas in your December movies.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Haven't listened to the latest one, but I love a lot of the live episodes. Jason X is a favorite; the running jokes about David Cronenberg's mom letting them film the movie in her garage, Jason having moments of introspection upon seeing the future, the audience getting excited when they start talking about the robot tits, it's so good.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

today is a bad day for me so I’m listening to the BD2-mentary again and I demand they release the full credits because there’s like 3 minutes of silence there at the end

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Iron Crowned posted:

Podcast Addict works really good.

I used to use Pocketcasts, but some brain genius decided it was too good and hosed the whole thing up with an update.

Man I thought I was the only one, it' so drat buggy, it seems like I am listening to the same thing twice because they can't code a playlist. I was motivated to give my only bad review; haven't changed apps yet because i am lazy, but if it crashes randomly a few more times, gonna have to do it.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

The Deleter posted:

I was there live and I definitely enjoyed it more the first time. It didn't do much for me this time around.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It wasn’t their best.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

No spooktakular theme either! I felt robbed, there are only 31 spooktacular days of the month.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I will always have a soft spot for Monster Squad because my older brother and I watched it a lot when we were kids and I'll forever go to bat for "...Wolfman's got nards! :aaa:" as a pretty hilarious line read.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I'm stoked for next week. I actually liked Salvation (mostly the bits where they redid the first movie in the new timeline) and I enjoy David from Blabk Check!

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

jojoinnit posted:

I'm stoked for next week. I actually liked Salvation (mostly the bits where they redid the first movie in the new timeline) and I enjoy David from Blabk Check!

You're thinking of Genysis. Salvation is the boring Christian Bale movie that WASTES Michael Ironside.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Pops Mgee posted:

You're thinking of Genysis. Salvation is the boring Christian Bale movie that WASTES Michael Ironside.

Ah dammit you're right. Salvation was so bad I forgot it existed. I was all hyped for another episode of Ahnold impressions too and now I'm super bummed. Ain't nothing funny about Christian Bale especially in that turd. It must be the worst movie he's ever done, right?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

jojoinnit posted:

Ah dammit you're right. Salvation was so bad I forgot it existed. I was all hyped for another episode of Ahnold impressions too and now I'm super bummed. Ain't nothing funny about Christian Bale especially in that turd. It must be the worst movie he's ever done, right?

Another whm reign of fire

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Reign of fire, deserving of some award for taking the concept of post-apocalyptic survivors fighting dragons from castle ruins and making it boring.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
As the guy who's always defending their ads, they finally did it, they finally got me today. It also didn't help that it wasn't placed exactly at the beginning

"Wolfma" (four minute ad for the tour) "n has nards"

Anyway, I'm shocked at how many of them don't like the Goonies :psyduck:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Haha poo poo. I stopped into a charity shop just now on a whim and here's a brand new blu ray of Salvation, never bothered being opened by the previous owner:

drat timely at least.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

jojoinnit posted:

Haha poo poo. I stopped into a charity shop just now on a whim and here's a brand new blu ray of Salvation, never bothered being opened by the previous owner:

drat timely at least.

:lol: remember when they were trying to make Sam Worthington a thing with the Terminators and the Avatars?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

As the guy who's always defending their ads, they finally did it, they finally got me today. It also didn't help that it wasn't placed exactly at the beginning

"Wolfma" (four minute ad for the tour) "n has nards"

Anyway, I'm shocked at how many of them don't like the Goonies :psyduck:

They hate children, like a lot.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

If you never saw the goonies as a child it’s pretty unwatchable as an adult.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Man that ad really disrupted the flow of the podcast.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

Man that ad really disrupted the flow of the podcast.
There was a Bayer ad in last week's The Good Place: The Podcast that was just as bad. They could have at least leveled the loving sound better.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

weekly font posted:

If you never saw the goonies as a child it’s pretty unwatchable as an adult.

watched bot Goonies and Monster Squad as a kid and loved them. I saw them more recently and found them to be a hot, flaming toilet fire.

Not all things that you like when you're young are actually any good.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol: remember when they were trying to make Sam Worthington a thing with the Terminators and the Avatars?

Don’t forget Clash/Wrath of the Titans

Actually it’s okay, you can forget them

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!
The finger thing means the taxes, not the money!

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

If nothing else the creature design in Monster Squad is phenomenal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

I was surprised at how harsh they were on it, I had never seen it before and thought it was fairly enjoyable 80s trash with a hilarious song at the end.

Terminator Salvation next week though, oh boy does that piece of poo poo deserve everything coming to it.