Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I think what they wear on the show is a mix of their own clothes and/or whatever the producers want them to wear. In the little montage they had for sending him home, notice Noah is wearing like 5 different pairs of new overalls in the different clips they pull from. It's probably just costuming to give the viewers a manufactured sense of identity for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Well, that was a wet fart of an ending. Surely predicted, of course, but I suppose at least the former waterboarder didn't win out.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Nick was robbed

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

DariusLikewise posted:

Nick was robbed

Agreed. He should've won.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
lmbo nick sent a raw protein during the finale and anyone thinks he should have won

they even made up a new rule to get rid of him sooner like ahahah "robbed" lol

grats dorian i loved you from the start~

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

SHVPS4DETH posted:

lmbo nick sent a raw protein during the finale and anyone thinks he should have won

This was a good season with no "villains", which never really made sense to begin with in a competition of individual ability

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

This was a good season with no "villains", which never really made sense to begin with in a competition of individual ability

agreed 100% and i hope it sets the tone going forward

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I love chocolate, but Sarah's decision to just glop the ganache on top made it look unappetizing.

I was in favor of Nick winning until he defaced books. There are some things you Do Not Do.

Glad Dorian won. She was easily the most consistent and her stuff always looked delicious.

Now we just need the next season of HK. Apparently it's going to be filmed at the HK restaurant in Vegas (been there twice, food is SO good), which should shake things up a bit.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Hijinks Ensue posted:

Now we just need the next season of HK. Apparently it's going to be filmed at the HK restaurant in Vegas (been there twice, food is SO good), which should shake things up a bit.

Have they announced when HK starts back up? Usually it's a few weeks after Masterchef wraps up, but with Fox having Smackdown on Friday nights now, that takes its normal slot. Mid-season replacement, maybe?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

esperantinc posted:

Have they announced when HK starts back up? Usually it's a few weeks after Masterchef wraps up, but with Fox having Smackdown on Friday nights now, that takes its normal slot. Mid-season replacement, maybe?

Fox likes to have a Gordon Ramsay show running most of the year, so I'd guess the next half-season of 24 Hours to Hell and Back drops at mid-season, Hell's Kitchen will start in May, followed by MasterChef / MasterChef Jr.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

SHVPS4DETH posted:

There’s absolutely no way that fish was raw, he cooked 3 same sized pieces of fish in the same steamer. Second, he cooked a white fish and Aaron complained it was raw but his piece was red?? It was clearly cooked but Aaron got a bloodline piece

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

#fishgate

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Hijinks Ensue posted:

I love chocolate, but Sarah's decision to just glop the ganache on top made it look unappetizing.

I was in favor of Nick winning until he defaced books. There are some things you Do Not Do.

Glad Dorian won. She was easily the most consistent and her stuff always looked delicious.

Yeah, the book thing pissed me off, too. But when the judges were eating, you could tell there was a piece of glass or plastic used as a plate, over the book.

I was just fed up with Nick because the judges loved him so much: always praise for him and criticism for everyone else. I think it was the ep they kicked Noah off and the judges basically went over and walked Nick through how to fix his dish while, at the same time, watching Noah crash and burn without giving him any help or advice...
:shrug:

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

esperantinc posted:

I was trying to track this down the other day but I don’t think anything has been scheduled yet. I believe Fox now has Thursday night football now and like you said they have WWE on Fridays so they have less time than usual for original programming this season.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
God why does Football have to ruin everything good.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Hijinks Ensue posted:

According to Nick's posts on Reddit, the books were created by the prop department and were not real.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Bad disguises are back!

https://twitter.com/24HoursFOX/status/1187467520782897152?s=20

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

I can't even be bothered with 24 hours its just 100% fake drama and crocodile tears touching moments when Kitchen Nightmares was only like 70-80% and at least you could pretend a week might be enough time for a turn around.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Yeah I hate all his most recently created shows. US F-Word was terrrible.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

UK F-Word was great because of how sincere he is in it and how good it is to watch him have fun with interesting guests there was no chance of getting that kind of authenticity out of American Gordon Ramsay.
Its so weird how he has this kind of a goofy boyish charisma in his UK shows but American shows always want to play him up as Strict but Fair mean Chef.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Oct 24, 2019

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Cause Americans love getting their balls bashed.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Yeah, the idea of showing his pastoral, British homestead and charming family on US tv is :psyboom:.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Food network should have picked up Gordon instead of Fox, then we could have had a chance.

No way is Fox ever going to try to have some sincere heartfelt reality TV.

Also, if you still want sincere Gordon, he has a pretty fun YouTube channel... Most of it is clips from the British shows, but he also just does some random cooking bits too. Even had HK Mia do a few cooking things recently...

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Is this the longest without a show of his in like...10 years?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

My favorite of his British-persona shows is Great Escape. He spends three episodes in India and then 4 more in Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Thailand. This is his attempt at learning authentic cuisine, like going into backwoods Cambodia and trying tarantula, or getting into a two-person float after dark and catching squid. He is so amazingly authentic and humble throughout that the Fox persona just obviously isn't him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTIkSvz333k

Here's Vietnam, it's got my favorite bits.

Gordon eating the beating heart of a freshly killed snake.

Gordon learning how to make broth from an old lady who makes her living rowing around Can Tho harbor and selling soup to boat crews. She has simultaneously the most awesome and most terrible life. I mean, food service, but you have to row to your customers, versus food service but you make great food for a steady crew and get to spend all day on the water. She's probably as tough as whalebone and will outlive us all, making fantastic soup every day.

Gordon going out in a two-man bamboo bucket boat to catch squid, and not getting any. The amazing stuffed squd his buddy makes; squid stuffed with garlic, ginger, and onion. I've stuffed squid, but I haven't had the balls to go all-in on massive flavor like that.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Great Escape is one of the shows he's thrown up clip by clip on his YouTube channel. I'm sure it's not the whole thing, but it's all the good bits.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

My wife and I regularly throw on episodes of UK Kitchen Nightmares because it was so good and then sometimes an episode of US will come on and make us sad

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Great Escape is one of the shows he's thrown up clip by clip on his YouTube channel. I'm sure it's not the whole thing, but it's all the good bits.

All seven episodes have been on YouTube for years. They're cooking show crack, get some !

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
I watched Gordon, Gino and Fred's Road Trip on a plane ride. It was... okay. I've only seen Gino D'Acampo's solo shows where he's relatively sensible but his UK "character" is apparently a loutish idiot, which I'm not a fan of.

Also, is this the first show that makes hay of Gordon being ethnically Scottish? His episode is all about it, but I don't think it comes up that often.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

I enjoy how silly the FOX Gordon Ramsay stuff is but yeah the genuine UK Gordon from F-Word and Great Escape is like night and day better

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Anne Whateley posted:

Is this the longest without a show of his in like...10 years?

maybe longer tbh

all stars showed in the hulu queue and i was like “i think this isn’t new” but couldn’t remember and then it was like elise robin van and i’m like yup

otoh better nothing than another US f word season :shobon:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
24 Hours to Gordon is back and y'all didn't tell me??? :mad:

edit: so many violations :sweatdrop:

edit2: :lol: he threw a rotten apple at that mfer

Toxic Fart Syndrome fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jan 9, 2020

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I liked the part where Gordon was like "and just a little touch of butter in there," and dropped literally half a stick into one entree

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Anne Whateley posted:

I liked the part where Gordon was like "and just a little touch of butter in there," and dropped literally half a stick into one entree

That's the secret to fine dining. LOTS AND LOTS of butter.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

And salt, don’t forget salt.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
I’ve never watched this series. Do they always put Gordon in some undercover boss level disguise?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

This one they do the old kitchen nightmares they didn’t.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
The best part is the disguises aren't even good. He probably spent an hour in a makeup chair to look like...Gordon Ramsay with worse skin and a hat? :confuoot:

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
In a scooter

The disguises usually aren't great, but it doesn't matter because even when they're pretty good, he can't/won't change his physicality. I forget what series but for one they had an actual acting coach try to change his posture, gestures, tone of voice, etc., and it was still useless. But amusing
e: I think this is the series gret references below

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

That's the secret to fine dining. LOTS AND LOTS of butter.
Not surprised by the amount, but entertained by the completely genuine throwaway "just a little touch"

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jan 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

There was a series of the F Word (UK) where one of the segments was Gordon in disguise going to cooking classes offered by celebrity chefs. IIRC most of the time it didn't take long for the chefs to recognize Gordon.