Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Just woke up, gotta go to work

at a cursory glance steak is looking a bit scrambley. once I get to work I should be able to sit down and take a minute to get fully caught up before deadline, but in case I cant for some reason ##vote steak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote steak

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

ever since i discovered the exploit that claiming cop is a 3p insta-win strategy, ive been paranoid of falling for it....

hang on..... when did little mac or anyone claim cop and who did they clear because maybe im a giant idiot that missed this but uh....

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Little Mac posted:

I didn't post it because it was 3 AM and I wanted to go to sleep lol

So my ability lets me scan three people each night. I will get to know if there is scum in my scan. Obviously this ability is pretty weak in light of a recruit, but we apparently haven't had one yet so it seems important to share this now. The exact wording is that I will be told if anyone in my list is opposed to the robot masters, though my results have come back with the wording of "scum."

Anyway, night zero I was unable to scan. I tried, though!

Night one I scanned A Sometimes Food, Anomalous Amalgam, and bminus. I figured I could just go down the list from the top until a recruit happened and all my scans became useless. Scanning those three returned a result of "Your list does not contain any scum."

Night two I scanned the next three on the list: circlmastr, Dick Bastardly, and gulagdolls. Scanning those three returned a result of "Your list contains scum!!!" It even had three exclamation points.

So basically my information is that there is at least one scum within the group of circl, Dick, and gulag. Ta-da!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

im reaching the point where i may use it sub-optimally just to use it at all

either you're scrambling scum, or you are town willing to possibly make it more difficult than need be for town "just to use it at all"

yeah i think im good with my vote

i'll try to monitor the game up to deadline best i can but i do actually have to contribute to doing my irl job very soon so..

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

ah yes.. ok

not a "traditional" cop but yeah, ok i get it now

still probably not going to change my mind now however

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
I'm be back in about an hour if someone wants to summarize the anti-streak case and change my vote.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

To me the biggest thing is

Mr. Steak posted:

i had been voting for solus all day before unvoting him to ask him to rolecop me. keeping me alive theough role confirmation is worth keeping him alive. i only voted infi as a 2nd choice after that, basically because i don't agree with the mod's ruling to not mk him.

now i realize that's a shallow reason to vote, so im not voting him anymore
He claims he could switch to unambiguously pro town but he’s laying off his biggest scum read so that they can confirm his role (???) in order to use a power tomorrow that he elsewhere said

Mr. Steak posted:

because scum arent going to kill me when they have so many confirmed towns to kill.

but if i hint enough that scum realizes what my role is, they'll want to kill me before the confirmed towns. but that'll be irrelevant once i use my ability anyway. so far ive gotten sort of unlucky with the lack of opportunities ti use my ability the best i can. im reaching the point where i may use it sub-optimally just to use it at all
And elsewhere has implied that scum are too busy with confirmed town to kill him but if he claims his role it will benefit scum and the sk will try to kill him regardless

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Mr. Steak posted:

the only way you can conclude that there *isnt* a serial killer is if you assert town has a reflector/pgo ability that killed humalong.

also, merk was scum for all the reasons i said on d2, which had nothing whatsoever to do with the existence of an sk

Or.

Town has a vig and they vigged Humalong.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Going to bed. Voting current vote leader to help avoid a no lynch

##vote Steak

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

yeah okay I don't want a nolynch, and it's entirely possible for it to have been steak with the roleblocks

##vote steak

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

##vote mr steak

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

kaschei posted:

##vote mr steak

lol no that was :redhammer:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Just in case... ##vote steak

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
You corner Mr. Steak and carefully, gently dash his head against the wall in excess of sixty thousand times.

Wait, this shithead again?!

Mr. Steak (King) was destroyed!

quote:

You are King, the Usurper of Dr. Wily’s castle!

During Night 3, you select two other players of your choosing. Those players become part of your scum team alongside you, permanently, unless another rule overrides their alignment. These players know that you have selected them and will join you as scum immediately. They do not know your abilities. You all have access to the Secondary Usurper chat, although only you know it as 'secondary'.

Other than selecting your scum team and the ability to perform the scum nightkill, you have no other special abilities.

You and your team win when you control a majority of the vote, assuming that there is no way for you to lose control of the majority.

"We're at one enemy left! You can do it! I believe in you!" shouts the castle. Your bionic heart is filled with cyber-determination.

Night 3 begins.

These people (presuming they're alive lmao and also actually playing lmao lmao please don't kill votefinder tia) can be lynched tomorrow without ending the game day!

also I need a replacement for a player if you're reading this

death cob for cutie fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 25, 2019

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Mr. Steak (10): b-minus1, b-minus1, Natural 20, CirclMastr, Little Mac, Sandwolf, Dick Bastardly, Anomalous Amalgam, Infinitum, SolusLunes, kaschei, Hal Incandenza
kaschei (2): SolusLunes, Sandwolf, Dick Bastardly, Leith Maclaine, CirclMastr, b-minus1, A Sometimes Food, Sandwolf, CirclMastr, Dick Bastardly, Leith Maclaine, SolusLunes, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Dick Bastardly (1): Anomalous Amalgam, A Sometimes Food, SolusLunes, Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine, SolusLunes, Retro Futurist, A Sometimes Food, Mr. Steak, Anomalous Amalgam, Mr. Steak
SolusLunes (1): Sandwolf, CirclMastr, Infinitum, Mr. Steak, CirclMastr, Sandwolf, Mr. Steak, Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine, Infinitum
Little Mac (1): Mr. Steak
Sandwolf (0): Infinitum, Infinitum
Infinitum (0): SolusLunes, CirclMastr, Dick Bastardly, CirclMastr, SolusLunes, Dick Bastardly, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
Retro Futurist (0): SolusLunes, SolusLunes
Leith Maclaine (0): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (1): Tommu

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 25th, 2019 at 9:32 a.m. CDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Free lurker kills go into effect tomorrow - :justpost:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Wait. It doesn't even matter if the lights are off, right? You're robots. None of you have night-vision, or infrared cameras, or built-in radar or something? This is bullshit.

Somehow nobody saw Leith Maclaine die in the night. God drat. poo poo.

Leith Maclaine (Gemini Man) died in the night!

quote:

You are Gemini Man, the Mason Robot Master!

Regardless of if you are associated with the Robot Masters or opposing them, you are in a masonry with another player and have access to the Gemini Man mason channel.

You win alongside the other Robot Masters, when all threats to Dr. Wily are eliminated, unless something overrides this win condition.

"Still at one enemy left! Then we can get back to our party! That... nobody invited me to. Nobody thinks of the castle. :("

You don't even know how the castle can frown, especially over a loudspeaker. Wait. Why the gently caress does the castle need a LOUDSPEAKER you're a GOD drat ROBOT, do you not have WI-FI?! DOCTOR WILY YOU PENNY-PINCHING rear end in a top hat GOD drat MOTHER FUCKER I CANNOT BELIEVE etc. etc.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (14): A Sometimes Food, Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, CirclMastr, Dick Bastardly, Hal Incandenza, Infinitum, kaschei, Little Mac, Natural 20, Retro Futurist, Sandwolf, SolusLunes, Tommu

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 28th, 2019 at 9 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 11 hours.

:justpost:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

You don't even know how the castle can frown, especially over a loudspeaker. Wait. Why the gently caress does the castle need a LOUDSPEAKER you're a GOD drat ROBOT, do you not have WI-FI?! DOCTOR WILY YOU PENNY-PINCHING rear end in a top hat GOD drat MOTHER FUCKER I CANNOT BELIEVE etc. etc.[/i]

he made a robot out of trash

literally out of trash

thankfully we already got rid of steak so we're free of said robot :thurman:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I scanned circl and dick again. Scum again.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

anyway makes sense as to why steak wanted to live and have me cop him tonight, because I'd either be dead, or on his scum team and I'd cover for him

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Little Mac posted:

I scanned circl and dick again. Scum again.

shouldn't there be a third? I thought you had to scan three players?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

Or the third was an already cleared player haha nevermind that would be the sensible play.

Well good job LM, game MVP

##vote circlemaster

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I guess there could be the possibility of night fuckery with targets however... probably shouldn't over look that possibility

Inf, did you target any of the players involved in this scan for bus driving?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dick Bastardly posted:

Or the third was an already cleared player haha nevermind that would be the sensible play.

Well good job LM, game MVP

##vote circlemaster

##vote dick bastardly

Honestly we can lynch you both and do fine, but this extremely self-assured post, followed by the light suspicion he’s tryna breed in his above post makes me think it’s this one

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dang sorry Leith guess I was wrong about you

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SolusLunes posted:

he made a robot out of trash

literally out of trash

thankfully we already got rid of steak so we're free of said robot :thurman:

:ghost: :emptyquote: :ghost:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Dick Bastardly posted:

I scanned myself.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Alrighty ##vote db

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Epsilon Plus posted:

You corner Mr. Steak and carefully, gently dash his head against the wall in excess of sixty thousand times.

Wait, this shithead again?!

Mr. Steak (King) was destroyed!

Ahahahahahaha.

I am so so good at this game.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

##vote dick bastardly

Honestly we can lynch you both and do fine, but this extremely self-assured post, followed by the light suspicion he’s tryna breed in his above post makes me think it’s this one

imagine being town, getting scanned with two other players (one of which is the scanner themselves which I find to be a little weird I think, but maybe it makes sense based on the number of towns already confirmed?) and (if we are believing mac's claims up to this point which I don't think we have any reason not to as it all has checked out so far it seems) a scum result comes... I mean.. whats the logical straight forward conclusion? That the other player scanned is the scum of course duh

then I realized, perhaps it may not be as straight forward as that and thought to mention that we should explore all the angles.

For this I am scum....... yeah, ok that is wonderful, good job

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

##vote dick bastardly

I don't quite get the self-scan for the third person, but I honestly don't think it matters. If DB amd me both get lynched and town hasn't won, Little Mac is the next obvious target.

Phone posting now so I will infodump what I did when I get to a computer. No reason not to, right?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

if we were to lynch CirclMaster today would you then be OK with us lynching you tomorrow

because your reaction screams “survival,” which if you’re town doesn’t make sense, because you’d know one of you is (probably?) the last two scum and it shouldn’t matter what order we do it in

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Not that there’s a lot of scum hunting we need to do at this stage but it’s worth pointing out that the one left is almost certainly an SK, so they’re operating alone and won’t have much interaction of note with other players

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Other than self serving scummy posts in general, I mean

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
naturally I want to stay alive because there's a certain sense of personal glory inherent to surviving the game and winning, but I do not, in fact, have any qualms about being lunched (because that'll lead to a town victory regardless)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
the only senario I could see that would throw this off is if little mac is lying SK or scum (which I think is very unlikely) but possible...? maybe I'm over analyzing, I dunno

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Okay time to dump.

I'm Shade Man, a combo tracker/watcher. This doesn't change if I were to be scum, so when I saw merk's flip I was like "Wait am I scum?" I also didn't get a N0 action, which sucks because I tried to track GulagDolls, solely because they were scum in the last mafia game I played. Imagine if it had gone through!

I also tried to breadcrumb but breadcrumbing is just a thing I've heard of so I probably sucked at it.

N1 I watched Sandwolf. They seemed to be most aggressive in getting merk lynched, so I figured someone might target Sandwolf with either a kill or protection or something. No dice, nobody visited Sandwolf.

CirclMastr posted:

I don't know about other mafia games so I can't track that sort of thing.

N2 I tracked Solus. I was told that my target visited AA. Then the whole bus driver/role-blocker discussion happened and everything was largely internally consistent, until steak said they didn't do night visits. I thought, if I had targeted Solus and ended up targeting steak via bus, the internal consistency was lost. That's why I repeatedly asked steak to confirm they don't do night visits. But then it isn't 100% consistent anyway so I probably just don't know how bus drivers work.

N3 doesn't have a breadcrumb yet because lol. Is this even how breadcrumbs work? Anyway, N3 I tracked Solus again to see what the deal was with steak out of the picture, and I was told my action failed. Ah well.

Having said all this I am fine with me and DB being the next two lynches. Either Little Mac is honest and scum will die, or Little Mac is dishonest and scum and should die after me and DB.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
see now making a full claim like that feels "I need to survive to win a la scum/SK wincon" way more than my posts imo

I think voting out circle first will give me the "flawless" victory I crave, but all in all, either of us will do (unless little mac is some kind of expert liar :tinfoil:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Dick Bastardly posted:

see now making a full claim like that feels "I need to survive to win a la scum/SK wincon" way more than my posts imo

I dumped because it's literally 50/50 whether I will even get the chance to share info tomorrow.