Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Goddammit, nothing like throwing tons of good balls at darkrai and not catching the bastard during the first raid, then the second raid the DPS died at the halfway point and I'm pretty sure it was from idiots bailing to start a new group. Our main group wasn't available, so by the time my small group realized what happened it was too late.

Oh well, lesson learned, Discord group is the only one to trust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Willsun posted:

Yeah at this point Darkrai for me is too expensive over better Pokemon with the same coverage. A (relatively) cheaper dark attacker comes in Tyranitar, and Giratina-O covers everything a Darkrai would cover and does a better job at it. That said, I'm still raiding it as much as I can while the Halloween event is giving out 2x candy and maybe power up the best one I have in the end for a little flavor in my collection. Actually, I might just hoard the candy until a shiny version comes out in the future. Will still be putting dust into Giratina-O for all my anti-psychic, anti-ghost needs.

I’m still going to set up a raiding Darkrai team (eventually) with whatever the best ones I get, if only because Darkrai’s DPS is nearly there with legacy Gengar with more staying power (and if I ever stop running high TDO multi accounts, the dps for personal balls is going to actually matter again).

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Willsun posted:

Yeah at this point Darkrai for me is too expensive over better Pokemon with the same coverage. A (relatively) cheaper dark attacker comes in Tyranitar, and Giratina-O covers everything a Darkrai would cover and does a better job at it. That said, I'm still raiding it as much as I can while the Halloween event is giving out 2x candy and maybe power up the best one I have in the end for a little flavor in my collection. Actually, I might just hoard the candy until a shiny version comes out in the future. Will still be putting dust into Giratina-O for all my anti-psychic, anti-ghost needs.

Well, Darkrai doesn't take SE damage from ghost and actively resists psychic. Gir-O does neither of those things. TT sorta works but it doesn't resist ghost either. Darkrai's weakness to bug really isn't a thing since most of the PoGo bugs are awful. I'd say it's worth the dust investment even if you have a maxed Gir-O already.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Since I hit 40, I’ve been opening the game like once every couple weeks. Certainly haven’t kept up with this thread either.

What the hell happened to the spawn points? I live in a suburban area and had 5-8 spawn points right on my house, and I’ve seen nothing the past few times I’ve opened the game.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Since I hit 40, I’ve been opening the game like once every couple weeks. Certainly haven’t kept up with this thread either.

What the hell happened to the spawn points? I live in a suburban area and had 5-8 spawn points right on my house, and I’ve seen nothing the past few times I’ve opened the game.

They changed a large amount of spawn points and people who haven't had spawns around their house are now getting tons but on the other hand there's a lot of people who used to have tons of spawns around their house that are now seeing one or two and sometimes none at all.

My entire area seems to be largely unchanged except instead of 2 or 3 Pokemon around my house sometimes I'll have like 5.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

PathAsc posted:

Goddammit, nothing like throwing tons of good balls at darkrai and not catching the bastard during the first raid, then the second raid the DPS died at the halfway point and I'm pretty sure it was from idiots bailing to start a new group. Our main group wasn't available, so by the time my small group realized what happened it was too late.

Oh well, lesson learned, Discord group is the only one to trust.

Yeah I did two different 5 man groups with random and it was a disaster both times. I don't know if everyone afks or what.

Of course, I didn't show up to raid hour on time and did an egg that hatched at 615 and no one was there which is super unusual due to air support being so common. Grr

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

mastershakeman posted:

Yeah I did two different 5 man groups with random and it was a disaster both times. I don't know if everyone afks or what.

Of course, I didn't show up to raid hour on time and did an egg that hatched at 615 and no one was there which is super unusual due to air support being so common. Grr

Yeah, there were 14 of us. It was miserable watching the damage fall off and not know why until it was too late.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Darkrai is probably the hardest raid since Kyogre or Latias. Even a team of Machamp got easily get stomped.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Darkrai is tier 6; it has way higher CP than a typical tier 5. And yeah, you really want to have a maxed-out team of counters to help contribute. You can't low-man it.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

DizzyBum posted:

Darkrai is tier 6; it has way higher CP than a typical tier 5. And yeah, you really want to have a maxed-out team of counters to help contribute. You can't low-man it.

I guess I got lucky with the group on my campus Tuesday. I did look at the cp and ask one of the folks there "did that say 65000?," but we chumped it pretty quick :shrug:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I guess I got lucky with the group on my campus Tuesday. I did look at the cp and ask one of the folks there "did that say 65000?," but we chumped it pretty quick :shrug:

CP isn't the end all be all. 50k cp raids have been easier than some 30-40k ones usually because the attack stat tends to weigh on cp higher than defense and stamina.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The normal group here I run with we can reliably 6 man darkrai, it just hurts the healing item reserves

Yesterday was an abomination of coordination and I'm an idiot for playing with pubbies

Welp

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My local raid group just seems really disinterested these days. It used to be easy to get people to show up, now it's a seemingly more rare occurrence :(

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

seiferguy posted:

My local raid group just seems really disinterested these days. It used to be easy to get people to show up, now it's a seemingly more rare occurrence :(

The weather changing plus a series of incredibly dumb decisions by Niantic isn’t helping here either. Two months of Eevee research rewards hurt the game real bad at a time when they needed a hook to keep people playing in the rain/colder weather.

It’s only going to get worse for the next several months as standing around waiting for raids gets less tolerable. For anyone who lives in a place that gets snow the rewards have to be significant to even bother.

Plus they nuked sooooooo many spawns in residential areas the game is pretty much unplayable in large sections of town. In the past you’d log in at home just to see if anything cool popped up. That’s completely gone, there’s almost no incentive to open the app unless you’re going out.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Just hatched not one but two 2* stunky from 5k eggs, bear witness to my majesty plebes

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

A Halloween Charmander showed up at the gym near my house. Hatched a 10km egg along the way and I now have both a cute Charmander and a riolu!

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Kantesu posted:

1. Darkrai's attack means it's largely better off in Master
2. It's a relatively squishy Pokemon even there, and it's charge moves are on the expensive side. Snarl's very high energy gain helps a lot there, but it only goes so far
3. It doesn't have great matchups against the kings of Ultra or Master (Giratina-A and Dialga, respectively)
4. Nobody plays Ultra League

Basically, unless you know there's people that'll play Ultra or Master with you, keep Darkrai as a raider. And even then it's gonna be of limited usefulness.

Yeah I read about how his high attack stack sort of betrays it in that league, guess I'll just hold off till I get a more solid one to level up for raids

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Darkrai fits in well on my Alolan Raichu murder squad. :black101:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/national-international/Woman-Playing-Pokemon-Go-Gunned-Down-Witnessed-Armed-Robbery-563787571.html

quote:

Robbers gunned down a New Mexico woman, who had been playing Pokémon Go and accidentally stumbled into their armed heist in progress, Albuquerque police said Tuesday.

NBC News reported that Cayla Campos, 21, and her boyfriend were in the midst of the virtual scavenger hunt near Bianchetti Park at 11:52 p.m. Saturday when they suddenly became witnesses to an armed robbery, officials said.

"Cayla and other witnesses observed two individuals committing a robbery against unknown subject(s) who were seated in a vehicle" on Granite Avenue NE, according to an Albuquerque Police Department statement.

"Cayla turned her car around to leave the area when multiple shots were fired into her vehicle. Cayla was struck by one of these rounds and her vehicle crashed into an occupied residence. Cayla died from her injuries.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Going into public is dangerous.

Poor girl.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Now to stick her in a gym for vanity purposes.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

just started playing this today and it's cute. i have no idea what the hell i'm really doing other than catching pokemon and bumbling around, but, one of the first pokemon i caught is barboach and whiscash is one of my favorites!!

hooray.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Johnny Joestar posted:

just started playing this today and it's cute. i have no idea what the hell i'm really doing other than catching pokemon and bumbling around, but, one of the first pokemon i caught is barboach and whiscash is one of my favorites!!

hooray.

Post your friendcode so we can all bombard you with gifts.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Just hatched not one but two 2* stunky from 5k eggs, bear witness to my majesty plebes

:worship:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Hell yeah got my 78% celebi

Wtf niantic making me catch it in ar mode like that wasn't weird on the bus

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Ritznit posted:

Post your friendcode so we can all bombard you with gifts.

oh

9825 2107 7583

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Hauki posted:

How do gift drops work exactly, or like what are the odds of getting one? There’s only three stops close to my house now (I swear they removed some since I last played), I keep spinning them repeatedly but I rarely get a gift drop out of it. I felt like I was perpetually full on gifts when I was traveling and now I’m struggling to get any.

All I know is, if it’s a Starbucks I’ll pretty much always get a gift. But if it’s a cool or funny stop, like “Ben Franklin’s Privy Pit”, I’ll have to stand outside for twenty minutes until I get a drat gift.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

Hell yeah got my 78% celebi

Wtf niantic making me catch it in ar mode like that wasn't weird on the bus

Haha that poo poo was kind of embarrassing, I was inside a Target and my fiancee was like you're a loving idiot.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Did they shutter the gym/stop tracker sites?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Did they shutter the gym/stop tracker sites?

There's 3 public ones still running that I'm aware of - NYC, Singapore , Vancouver. Lots of private ones you pay for as well

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Well that sucks. I was just looking for locations of gyms and whatnot. I live in one of Americas many small to mid sized cities so welp.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Well that sucks. I was just looking for locations of gyms and whatnot. I live in one of Americas many small to mid sized cities so welp.

You can check thesilphroad.com but it's not very well updated and you're better off just glancing at your phone while you drive around

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

My game randomly stopped loading today. It boots up, but a couple seconds after it finishes loading, it just freezes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and cleared the cache and whatnot, nada.

I've contacted support but they just sent me a canned response about looking at the troubleshooting page. I tried everything on that page except the poo poo like unlinking my Google account from my phone, because no, gently caress you Niantic. This poo poo is your fault, not Google's fault. All my other poo poo works fine.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I hatched a illumise from a 5k egg.

Eat my whole rear end, game

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

Johnny Joestar posted:

hooray.

If barboach/whiscash is your favourite pokemon then I have good news for you friend.

Gentleman Owl
Apr 29, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

My game randomly stopped loading today. It boots up, but a couple seconds after it finishes loading, it just freezes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and cleared the cache and whatnot, nada.

I've contacted support but they just sent me a canned response about looking at the troubleshooting page. I tried everything on that page except the poo poo like unlinking my Google account from my phone, because no, gently caress you Niantic. This poo poo is your fault, not Google's fault. All my other poo poo works fine.

I'm guessing yesterday's patch broke something for you (and if I know Niantic, plenty of other people too).

For me it finally fixed the instant "failed to connect to device" bug with the Go Plus/Gotcha. Now it fails to connect after a two minute timeout!

"One step forward, one step back" might as well be their corporate slogan at this point.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

3 excellent throws in a row lmao what kind of bullshit is this

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

3 excellent throws in a row lmao what kind of bullshit is this

I delete those MFers on sight, gently caress em I'm too bad for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

5 Greats in a row aka Spinda is the bane of my existence