Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

The front of the TRD Avalon looks better than the M4 lmao

How much of the “grill” area on the TRD Toyota’s is functional though?

The M cars have plenty of radiators, and nice big open grills for rocks. Nothing wrong with that, nosiree bob.

The world will soon divide. Forget the haves vs have-nots. The future is going to be the war between the all-grills and no-grills.

I for one, welcome our all grill overlords. It means we are still enjoying ICE cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Climate collapse and mass extinction of humanity is literally a guarantee within the next 40 years so there's no sense worrying about ICE cars anymore

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Climate collapse and mass extinction of humanity is literally a guarantee within the next 40 years so there's no sense worrying about ICE cars anymore

At least it will stop all those moronic NOPE or DOPE posts on Instagram, which will probably lap the new M3/4 kidneys up.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Ultimate Mango posted:

I for one, welcome our all grill overlords. It means we are still enjoying ICE cars.

I too enjoy ICE on my grillz.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Alpina is the best.

Edit: Also, drat E30 wagons are cool.

MrOnBicycle fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Oct 25, 2019

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I never got Alpina. What do they even do? Tart sideways GT cars?

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Russian Bear posted:

They make luxury cars into luxury cars. Not performance focused, they tend to leave that to M division.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Ok so I might be an idiot and go see an E30 320 Touring that a dealer is selling. If I like it and decide to be an even bigger idiot, anything in particular I should look for besides rust/crash damage in wheel wells, boot, engine compartment etc?
Edit: Even worse, it's a non-registered import from Finland, so I don't think I'll be able to drive it. GG. I've never seen one of these IRL though, so worth seeing it just for that.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Russian Bear posted:

If you’re blue and you don’t know where to go to

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Russian Bear posted:

they were cool for the 80/90s models but in the modern era, mehhh

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

If the Alpinas were a bit more mainstream and not ridiculously expensive niche, I could definitely see choosing an Alpina over an M for a daily driver/road trip car. They seem like pretty nice GT-oriented models, instead of track-oriented.

But the prices for what you get are nuts.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Alpina was cool when they had those kickin rad graphics on the side and cool seats

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Alpina was a cool, classic "tuner" in its day, not really around much nowadays. You'd have to be a real BMW goon to want one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChECnq9P6jc

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

rscott posted:

Alpina was cool when they had those kickin rad graphics on the side and cool seats
You can still get those but they’re $$$$ options.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Keyser_Soze posted:

Alpina was a cool, classic "tuner" in its day, not really around much nowadays. You'd have to be a real BMW goon to want one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChECnq9P6jc

I’d take a B7, if I had to. Jump on that grenade. Take it for the team. You know, for the rest of you.

Alpina does have some nice rims, too.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
10 or so inches of snow forecast over the next few days. Engage winter mode!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Party Alarm posted:

Uh, anyone need some parts? :v:

hello yes i would like dog. is dog still available?

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Replying to find my posts

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
I still have this thing and it’s still the best car. I’m attached to it.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
180k km now

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
It’s so battered up over the last 7 years. I gotta jump it dukes of hazard style at some point

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I know we all do this here :911: and the cars look so much better without them, duh!.......... but removing those front orange reflectors technically is a violation of U.S. Department of Transportation code 49 CFR § 393.26 - Requirements for reflectors, and if you were say in some horrible multi-car accident and an observant attorney or inspector noticed your car was out of compliance, you would significantly increase the possibility of getting your rear end handed to you.

So basically, keep some strips of orange reflective tape in your glovebox and definitely try to crawl out of the wreck and apply some to the front of your car while that bus full of screaming children is still burning.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I had never popped my head into AI outside of browsing through the odd goldmine thread, but I was wondering if there was a goon reaction on the leaked pictures from the plant, and was not disappointed.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Keyser_Soze posted:

I know we all do this here :911: and the cars look so much better without them, duh!.......... but removing those front orange reflectors technically is a violation of U.S. Department of Transportation code 49 CFR § 393.26 - Requirements for reflectors, and if you were say in some horrible multi-car accident and an observant attorney or inspector noticed your car was out of compliance, you would significantly increase the possibility of getting your rear end handed to you.

So basically, keep some strips of orange reflective tape in your glovebox and definitely try to crawl out of the wreck and apply some to the front of your car while that bus full of screaming children is still burning.

Nitr0 posted:

180k km now

Guessing he's not in America. Your point does stand though.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Keyser_Soze posted:

What orange reflectors? I don't think the 1 series ever had side reflectors.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I think he's talking about the M3 that has blue body color plastic inserts in the spot where the front reflectors go. Also no front license plate so we're looking at consecutive life sentences here.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Cojawfee posted:

What orange reflectors? I don't think the 1 series ever had side reflectors.

yours are built into the headlight housing, just like the E46 sedans and I assume various other models, etc.

and yeah, I saw the cut outs on the sexy Carbon Black M3 and just figured it was in the U.S. :shrug:

here was my ILLEGAL! 2013 535......I wussed on the front plate though.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Oct 27, 2019

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Guessing he's not in America. Your point does stand though.

I bought the car from Seattle and it came like that so I dunno

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

hitze posted:

Figured out what the gurgling noise was when the brakes were depressed

I cracked it open

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Decided to go a different route for my winter car , was looking at a jeep previously

Landed on a 2013 X3 w/ 146k/km

Anything I should be checking out , looking out for , or otherwise changing now in anticipation of it failing soon ?

Also any cool tips tricks features I should be aware of ?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

hitze posted:

I cracked it open

Delicious caramel!

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
Well I guess I'm getting back into the BMW game. CCA just called me, I won one of the m240i's in the raffle.

Holy poo poo lol

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Crunchy Black posted:

Well I guess I'm getting back into the BMW game. CCA just called me, I won one of the m240i's in the raffle.

Holy poo poo lol

That’s awesome, how’s it spec’d out?

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

beanieson posted:

That’s awesome, how’s it spec’d out?

As I understand it, they cut me a check for the base MSRP and I just go to the dealer and spec it out. I'll be on the hook for the price of the options.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Crunchy Black posted:

As I understand it, they cut me a check for the base MSRP and I just go to the dealer and spec it out. I'll be on the hook for the price of the options.

Get an M2

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Crunchy Black posted:

Holy poo poo lol
Jesus dude, that's awesome, congrats lol.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Crunchy Black posted:

That is pretty fuckin' awesome. Keep in mind the tax implications, be ready to owe the government something, but otherwise enjoy the hell out of that!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Crunchy Black posted:

Holy poo poo lol

The 2-series has long been considered the finest BMW, with total cost of ownership and owner satisfaction ratings that blow away the competition

Please do a burnout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

For real, if this is an option you should do it.