Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Chris James 2 posted:

Giant Bomb's Quick Look is also really good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsNnOrjhVLs

Dan at 1:01:08 "I know all the hilarious stuff is all the glitches everyone's tweeting, but this game is mostly working as intended so far in this Quick Look [where they show off 1) part of the created-character story mode and 2) part of the 4 Horsewomen showcase], and it still loving sucks"

Other highlights that I've seen so far (I'm a little over an hour in):
5 minutes in Jeff loses it over how bad cover star Becky looks
Around 10:25 in Jeff loses it over how bad Dusty looks
20:55 in everyone loses it over how bad Savage looks
During the first match the gang tells Abby about WWE hating its fans and she's like "relatable"
37:05 Dan shows everyone the MyPlayer points tree/DNA helix, and it takes a full minute for everyone to recover from the sight

How on God's green earth is a nearly two-hour video a "quick look?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Timby posted:

Theirs usually range from half an hour to two hours. it's just a name

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I'm pretty sure it's just like a podcast thing where people tune in for the banter

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Timby posted:

:thejoke:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheMasterBucks/status/1187436445796929536

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Brokenogre posted:

I wanna know how susan and mr mackleroy make it in but chad 2 badd and tex Ferguson dont

Yeah wtf Chad 2 Badd and Tex Ferguson aren't in it???

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Timby posted:

I mean, it IS Youtube where people make 110 minute reviews of 90 minute movies.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
It was a live stream originally so it went a bit long

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
The better thing would be "The Rated R Soo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-..."

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I sincerely doubt that one’s real.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Timby posted:

It's fifteen 2009 minutes, adjusted for inflation.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://www.twitch.tv/newlegacyinc/clip/PowerfulSaltySnailWutFace

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually

KungFu Grip posted:

Yeah wtf Chad 2 Badd and Tex Ferguson aren't in it???

I looked again and the Sea Creature is in meaning its supposed to be around Lethal Leap Year so Tex and Chad not being in makes even less sense

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Okay, I'm watching the 2k20 career mode's cutscenes and it looks like it actually kinda owns? Or at least the entire segment where Papa Shango sends you to another dimension, and Broken Matt Hardy gives you a ride through the underworld on a giant Skarsgard.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Bee posted:

Okay, I'm watching the 2k20 career mode's cutscenes and it looks like it actually kinda owns? Or at least the entire segment where Papa Shango sends you to another dimension, and Broken Matt Hardy gives you a ride through the underworld on a giant Skarsgard.

Seriously how is it that 2k gets so much wrong but knows 100% how to use Matt Hardy properly in these career modes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I bet they could edit the cutscenes down to a two hour interactive feature where you just design your character and watch the cuscenes. $40

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Downloaded the last of Us. I haven't played it before and aside from looking nice in 4k, I don't think I'm enjoying it. Combat is so clunky and it feels tedious to get anywhere.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Repalec is playing the game with someone who didn't download the day 1 patch and

Batista's looking great. The meat coat expanded until the entire screen was black.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Psychepath posted:

Repalec is playing the game with someone who didn't download the day 1 patch and

Batista's looking great. The meat coat expanded until the entire screen was black.

That looks like a scene from a tokusatsu show.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

That looks like a scene from a tokusatsu show.

I think Kamen Rider Valkyrie beat him with her new hornet form last week.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/DecidedVillain/status/1188305372936671238

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Downloaded the last of Us. I haven't played it before and aside from looking nice in 4k, I don't think I'm enjoying it. Combat is so clunky and it feels tedious to get anywhere.

try their only good game, crash team racing

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

What's wrong with downloading caws this year, specifically?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i believe he's just saying the game hosed up his intricately designed CAW and made it useless to upload

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Specifically the pattern on the facemask got flipped somehow. I had to look up what El Generico looked like to be sure (even though the "proper" mask is in the background of that image.)

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

Specifically the pattern on the facemask got flipped somehow. I had to look up what El Generico looked like to be sure (even though the "proper" mask is in the background of that image.)

Nah it just was lifted up. God CAW stuff has been a bitch with glitches on launch for years now. Last year or the year before early CAW's would look fine in preview but what you got from downloading them was just an unfeatured blank CAW. Some of the highest rated characters in the servers would be those CAW's. In 2K16 CAW's would get infected with weird green spray paint looking marks all over them, after which it was impossible to fix them.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Oct 27, 2019

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Back in 2011, you could make storylines Featuring create a wrestlers… And it wouldn’t tell you that people would have to download them before they saw them. I imagine a bunch of people were confused when El hombre, famed Mexican Luchador, was hyped… And then a generic guy in black trunks came to the ring.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

My favorite CAW-related bullshit in this series is still how SVR 2006 included BORING chants for matches featuring created wrestlers, and only for those matches.

No, I'm serious. It didn't matter what actually happened in the ring, you could be putting on a five-star classic but if the match wasn't between WWE Superstars(tm) you got BORING chants and had to deal with it.

I also liked when they started restricting CAW designs once online play became a thing. In SVR 2007 you couldn't put any tattoos or writing on your CAWs if you wanted to play online, because someone might write something rude or draw a dick on their created wrestler.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

What's wrong with downloading caws this year, specifically?

you can't use custom logos on caws and can't load them up because they crash the game. there's currently no good caws on the community creations anyway.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

There were a couple years where creating alt attires for your wrestler would reset their movest to default. The way around it was to create all four attires before moving on to the moveset, but lots of extra work was made by that glitch before I figured that out. And as I said, it was in multiple games.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
Getting a full refund from Amazon has made playing this piece of crap far more enjoyable than it would have been otherwise. Even my 8 year old was complaining about how poo poo it is, which tells you something, I guess.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/attackslug/status/1188865310402793472

loving amazing.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pins Cannot Be Stopped For Any Reason

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Can't believe they put Nick Patrick in the new WWE 2k game

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
How do you even have this happen? Instancing a pin should be something any week one programmer could do. When someone is pinned you lead it to either the end of the match or in the cycle when they kick out.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Here's some minor things to show just how much they dont care about the dlc or this game, they have zombie characters and a new move call the Deadz Press which is just a thesz press where they eat the opponent's neck. Only one of the zombie characters have it as a move. Another small thing is that The Fiend's dumb neck snap move was already in the game, however its not set in his moveset.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

shoplifter posted:

Getting a full refund from Amazon has made playing this piece of crap far more enjoyable than it would have been otherwise. Even my 8 year old was complaining about how poo poo it is, which tells you something, I guess.

I take it back, that DLC match vs Rowan & Harper is a pile of horseshit that makes me want to throw my controller

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Golden Bee posted:

How do you even have this happen? Instancing a pin should be something any week one programmer could do. When someone is pinned you lead it to either the end of the match or in the cycle when they kick out.

A guess as to how it is possible is that it's all tied up into animation tags, and the reset doesn't trigger until the ref leaves the "show 2 fingers to the crowd" animation state.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
the bigger issue is that he wasn't even pinned by the legal man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

It's a tornado match, so they're both legal. AEW tag rules do not apply.