Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

tdm feels like the Correct Mode

nicely spreads the action out all over the map and makes the pace less frantic but still far from slow

also makes more weapons viable than solely the xrk m4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
We found the recoil for that gun to be really bad, actually. Like more than the default Kilo 141 with no grip.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Incase anyone cared:

My 970- and ryzen 3600 was enough for the game. runs well enough at 1080p with things medium-low.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Anyone play the map where it’s a bridge cutting the map in half? I got matched into it last night once on TDM and it was already going and it was 80 percent snipers. I never even made it to the other side of the map. It was rough.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

CuddleCryptid posted:

Jesus christ, are you serious

Absolutely serious, and still incredulous.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Broose posted:

Incase anyone cared:

My 970- and ryzen 3600 was enough for the game. runs well enough at 1080p with things medium-low.

Glad it worked out for you. I was nervous as heck with my four year old rig sporting a 980 ti. They really optimized the heck outta this game, it runs smooth as eggs. Heck, even the loading times are pretty fast even though i was forced to install this on my non ssd disc.

BTW, the launcher seems to be downloading a 7gig patch right now, and i cant see any mentions of this anywere.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
It is so dumb you can't opt out of groundwar, the maps are so bad.

Also I have how useless guns are to start.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Groundwar dropped?

JoaoVitorBF
Aug 31, 2018

I AM THE DARKNESS

Hackan Slash posted:

What do you mean? You can't remove the gamemode from the quickplay rotation like the other ones?

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
Just come back from having tea out and discovered the update has split in to two and started again, started this at 2pm 🤦🏻‍♂️

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Hackan Slash posted:

Where is this Groundwar you speak of?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CuddleCryptid posted:

Jesus christ, are you serious

thats not even the worst thing in the game lmfao

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

SubponticatePoster posted:

I got a little nostalgia action last night with the riot shield. Took point and had another goon shoot people in the face while they were distracted. Can’t wait until I have C4 unlocked. :allears:

I just hope that build remains as broken as it was in MW2.

It looks like I have crossplay enabled and ready to go, looking forward to games with the old Xbox360/PS4 night crew.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The mission where you play as the kid stood out as particularly bad to me. The campaign wasn't terrible... but it had a lot of really questionable choices. Even just little poo poo like near the end you get in the back of a van and there's a LMG to pick up. I instantly thought oh poo poo a car chase mission, nope, just a short defense section and then it ends.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
S&D is a lot of fun. I haven’t found it fun since MW2, and I get a lot of MW2 vibes from this game, which is nice.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I'm having super much fun playing this game Call of Duty, guys! It has a real just-one-more-match-before-I-stop thing going on.

And it plays super smooth and nice for a game that's just out, no weirdness or connection issues so far for me on the ps4.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

quote:

10/25/19 - Playlist Update

Adding FFA

Turning on Ground War

Removing 10v10 Domination from Aniyah

10/25/19 - Title Update

Backend fixes to help prevent against crashing across all platforms – if you experience a crash, please let us know

Fix for a bug where players could earn more points when shooting specific vehicles while having Pointman equipped

Improved ADS while using weapons without scopes on Xbox

In some instances, some players were not able to complete the Highway mission due to an exfil bug

Fix for the “Best of the Best” challenge not tracking progress

Fix for the “Elite Sniper” challenge not displaying the correct description

Fix for various camos not unlocking during progression

Fix for the unlock criteria for the “Double Cross” reticle not progressing past 4

Fix for the description and requirements needed to unlock some optic scopes in Gunsmith

Fix for an exploit in Gunsmith when using mouse and keyboard

hell yeah ground war 24/7

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
I like that it is way slower than Black Ops. It is on par with Battlefield now imo where you can switch between aggressive flanking and more passive “let em come and kill cheaply” styIes.
I got several 5-Kill-Streaks by crouching around corners, listening to the footsteps and halfway camping :allears:

Be prepared for the whining over footstep/audio “exploiting” or some poo poo of the tryhards who want that nerfed.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Lazyfire posted:

I just hope that build remains as broken as it was in MW2.

It looks like I have crossplay enabled and ready to go, looking forward to games with the old Xbox360/PS4 night crew.
Maybe you posted it earlier, but what's your activision ID? I'll add you, I'm currently Butts#whofuckingknowsit'stoolong

e: they made some changes to RS, like the window is kind of yellow-tinted and has some glare so it's not as easy to see out of. Otherwise felt pretty much the same using it.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Mr.PayDay posted:

I like that it is way slower than Black Ops. It is on par with Battlefield now imo where you can switch between aggressive flanking and more passive “let em come and kill cheaply” styIes.
I got several 5-Kill-Streaks by crouching around corners, listening to the footsteps and halfway camping :allears:

Be prepared for the whining over footstep/audio “exploiting” or some poo poo of the tryhards who want that nerfed.

I like the footstep thing and it's really built partly around that since there's a perk that quiets your steps for those sneaky builds.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

Mr.PayDay posted:

That's been a key element of call of duty since at least cod4, when I started playing. Using dead silence to kill your own footstep noise is a perk for a reason. Nobody should be complaining about it.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
That would be great, I feel running should have the weakness of noise, so to speak.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

eonwe posted:

thats not even the worst thing in the game lmfao

Which bit did you think was worse?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Nitramster posted:

Nobody should be complaining about it.

Except when it's not working right, like it was in the beta :v:

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Seedge posted:

Which bit did you think was worse?

for me it’s the flashback where you have to play a stealth mission to kill Russian soldiers as a kid. it could have been dialogue or a cutscene instead of a downright weird gameplay bit

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

SubponticatePoster posted:

Maybe you posted it earlier, but what's your activision ID? I'll add you, I'm currently Butts#whofuckingknowsit'stoolong

e: they made some changes to RS, like the window is kind of yellow-tinted and has some glare so it's not as easy to see out of. Otherwise felt pretty much the same using it.

As with most online profiles I am Broman Jenkins for the Activision ID. I have no idea how many numbers are after that either.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Tavorsk District in Groundwar is so good.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Community invite sent.

If there's anyone on Playstation 4 that isn't already on a Discord or the PSN community, post your name and I'll add you to the latter, so you can find other goons to party up with.
Get out there, and make some internet friends!

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 25, 2019

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

So does anyone still do analysis of weapons like the old den kirson forum or did all of that die off ?

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

Played through about 15 minutes of the campaign before it crashed to desktop. The bit I played was pretty cool though

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

Community invite sent.

If there's anyone on Playstation 4 that isn't already on a Discord or the PSN community, post your name and I'll add you to the latter, so you can find other goons to party up with.
Get out there, and make some internet friends!

This is some pretty big xbox slander

Just joking lets team up, crossplay owns

i will be playing ground war, my activsion ID is kri kri

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
In the custom game lobby everything is unlocked by default.
You can cobble together some sick guns, the number of unlock is impressive.

Sniper revolver

Phallic compensation deagle

Sci-fi P90 that would be the envy of the stargate crew

Vintage futuristic MG34 with thermal scope, feels like putting a AESA radar on a Spitfire...

2 AK branch, one is the AK74 from COD4

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Zikan posted:

for me it’s the flashback where you have to play a stealth mission to kill Russian soldiers as a kid. it could have been dialogue or a cutscene instead of a downright weird gameplay bit

That was also pretty bad, but at least it didn't turn a horrific thing into a game you can... win

Well

It kinda

Goddammit

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

kri kri posted:

This is some pretty big xbox slander

Just joking lets team up, crossplay owns

i will be playing ground war, my activsion ID is kri kri

I'm not subtle enough to make that kind of slight. I didn't know what you meant until I reread it a few times.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

lol one of the spec ops missions is killing a land lord, hell yeah

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

John F Bennett posted:

Where is this Groundwar you speak of?

Whatever the 10v10 mode is called. It'll always be ground war to me.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

GyverMac posted:

Glad it worked out for you. I was nervous as heck with my four year old rig sporting a 980 ti. They really optimized the heck outta this game, it runs smooth as eggs. Heck, even the loading times are pretty fast even though i was forced to install this on my non ssd disc.

BTW, the launcher seems to be downloading a 7gig patch right now, and i cant see any mentions of this anywere.

apparently a bunch of folks couldn't log in after the patch was downloaded? would be pretty funny (and frustrating) if the poo poo show happened two days in a row...

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
That Piccadilly Square mission was loving wild

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The Embedded mission is great because the entire thing is based on a violation of the Geneva Conventions (cannot dress as a civilian while in an active combat role) so they have to make the Russians so cartoonishly evil that you feel justified in shooting them.

VVV R E A L I S M

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I threw a grenade after opening a door during the night mission where you infiltrate the 3 story house and got the message “Children are non combatants” and game overed.

Restarting the mission and playing through there was a baby in a crib in one of the rooms. Why even put a baby in ur military murder game?