Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

+90 million dollars of sand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

"Kendall must go"

"Who must go?"

|

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

No Wave posted:

I think they did, probably non-sexually. I mean sure greg could go both ways I guess (the only thing I remember about his preferences is he was dumbstruck when he met Willa) but I thought they were just hanging out because Greg felt more in common with him than the family at that point in the story.

I figured it wasn't sexual either but that Greg hadn't been given a room at the castle and literally needed a place to crash.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

clown shoes posted:

I figured it wasn't sexual either but that Greg hadn't been given a room at the castle and literally needed a place to crash.
your interpretation is better.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Doctor Jeep posted:

tom's "I wonder if the sad I get from being without you would be less than the sad i get from being with you" is the best part of the episode

Roman asking if they could talk about real poo poo and Shivs and Kendalls muppet voices was the best part of the episode.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

They did a really good job making the kids look at home there. Just screwing around, lounging all over the place and Shiv's room is a dang mess. They made the adriatic mega yacht seem like the most normal place in the world to hang out.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
What was Marcias refit sculpture thing?

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

clown shoes posted:

So my question is: did Greg and the dead waiter spend the night together?

Yes. The answer to the question, "what are Greg sprinkles?" died with that waiter.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Thread title should get changed to "sails out nails out, bro"

Jackson Polack
Feb 13, 2018

theflyingexecutive posted:

Bumpin, when we went upstate to get the shot of “Canada”, the hotel we shot at later we shared with an MRA convention

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Thumposaurus posted:

Thread title should get changed to "sails out nails out, bro"
:agreed:

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
If a few of these actors dont pick up an Emmy or two Ill throw a fit. An even bigger one than when those clowns decided the last season of GoT was the best show of the year.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/tvoti/status/1184537795022462977?s=21

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

could you imagine anyone finding that article persuasive? It just exists to make the people angry about the theory existing feel good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yes because everything it says about how the show operates is true

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

The article is right. Logan smiled because he sees that his son is the killer he wants him to be. That doesn't mean he isn't going to bring down holy hell on him and do everything he can to destroy him. Logan did not intend for this to happen.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

a.) its not really a twist? you could see it coming especially once he shushed Roman b.) it isnt the source of disagreement.

People who think Logan loves his children might be inclined to believe he wouldnt send Kendall to prison, people who think he's some kind of human cancer cell won't. Thats about it, but it goes to the heart of the show.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 16, 2019

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Awesome finale, I really like this show despite not liking it at first. Same thing happened with The Leftovers, which is one of my favorites.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
If Logan were really a puppet master he wouldnt have all the conflict within his family and with his company that he currently faces. A bunch of different times he could have made a deal, kept a kid involved and productive or otherwise advanced his goals and he fails every time.

Hes not even planning long term! Hes literally just reacting to emergencies or his own whims as they come up.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Solkanar512 posted:

Hes not even planning long term! Hes literally just reacting to emergencies or his own whims as they come up.

Seriously. He's chasing after cars with people who are leaving from failed deals. He's no longer capable of leading. He's built Ken up and Roman is quickly emerging as a good advisor; cut Shiv a cheque and finance a lovely play every-so-often and maybe the company will survive another 35 years.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Just finished binging this whole show, I love it! I do have a couple of questions though, both specific to the season 2 finale:

Will people know that Greg is helping Kendall with this? I'm assuming Tom knows because of the leaked documents but will he tell anyone else? Or will Greg just be all out "yeah I'm on team Ken now"?

Also, isn't it even more risky for Kendall to be doing this against Logan since he's got a massive amount of leverage over him from the whole car crash incident?

I'm assuming that the second question is going to be a main part of the next season but it seems kind of a big thing to have over someone who's just betrayed you!

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Aphex- posted:

Also, isn't it even more risky for Kendall to be doing this against Logan since he's got a massive amount of leverage over him from the whole car crash incident?

I was thinking about that after the finale ended, and I don't think so. Because in order for Logan to use that against Ken now, he'd risk calling attention to how he intervened in the investigation in the first place. Ken might wind up in jail, but Logan would be painting a target on his own back for orchestrating the cover-up. It might not be worth the risk for Logan.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Aphex- posted:

I'm assuming that the second question is going to be a main part of the next season but it seems kind of a big thing to have over someone who's just betrayed you!

I think this largely depends on whether you interpret the last episode to be Logan setting up Kendall to make him take the fall or not. Regardless I think the car crash isn't the leverage we're led to believe, or assume, it is. Hey world look at this death my son caused which I've deftly covered up. I think regardless of which side you land on I don't see Logan revealing this piece of information, he either wanted this to happen or is pleased that his son has become a worthy adversary.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Was there any explanation as to why the writers retconned Logan being Canadian? Did they just want a Scottish vacation?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/Buncahn/...agenumber%3D444

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom

Thank you for sharing, this is an amazing encapsulation of the show in two minutes.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Xealot posted:

I was thinking about that after the finale ended, and I don't think so. Because in order for Logan to use that against Ken now, he'd risk calling attention to how he intervened in the investigation in the first place. Ken might wind up in jail, but Logan would be painting a target on his own back for orchestrating the cover-up. It might not be worth the risk for Logan.

Corte posted:

I think this largely depends on whether you interpret the last episode to be Logan setting up Kendall to make him take the fall or not. Regardless I think the car crash isn't the leverage we're led to believe, or assume, it is. Hey world look at this death my son caused which I've deftly covered up. I think regardless of which side you land on I don't see Logan revealing this piece of information, he either wanted this to happen or is pleased that his son has become a worthy adversary.

Yeah I didn't think about that, that makes total sense!

:lol:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
That's so loving funny. I want that candy baby hat just for the weird looks I'd get.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I love that he nails Sarah Snooks weird acting tics

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

That video is so good.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Arbite posted:

Was there any explanation as to why the writers retconned Logan being Canadian? Did they just want a Scottish vacation?

https://www.heraldscotland.com/arts_ents/17824336.brian-cox-bringing-logan-roy-succession-home-scotland/

Brian Cox posted:

Ages ago, before we started, when they first asked me about the job, Cox continues of a show that premiered on Sky Atlantic last summer, I said to Adam Mackay and Jesse Armstrong: Wouldnt it be interesting if Logan was Scots? And Jesse, being an Englishman, said hes got to be American. But Mackay, the American, thought that would be good. Then it was nixed, Cox shrugs. In a five-decade career, hes been-there, done-that enough to know that in TV, as in Hollywood, nobody knows anything.

So, fair enough. The compromise was, [Logan] was born in Canada, a native of Quebec. But I wasnt doing a Canadian accent, I was doing a sort of mid-Atlantic mush! he laughs. And then finally, on the ninth episode, Peter Friedman, who Im endlessly sacking, he smiles of the actor who plays Logans Chief Operating Office and confidante, said to me: I just did an ADR session a dubbing session and theyve changed your birthplace. Yeah, its Dundee, Scotland.

And I went: Thats my birthplace. Oh, thats a coincidence. I said: I dont think its a coincidence! he laughs again.

So I went off to Jesse and asked him: Whats all that about? And he said: I thought itd be a little surprise Its more than a bloody surprise, relates Cox in a gravelly chuckle, Ive been playing it a certain way and now Ive got to

Again, he stops, but the meaning is clear: after filming nine episodes, the actor would have to make an internal calibration. Logan Roy was now a Scottish expat, and the truth of his journey from hardscrabble 1940s Dundee to king-of-the-world in Manhattan would surely reveal itself to be intriguing indeed.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Interesting. Thanks!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
L to the OG

L to the OG, A N he playin

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I binged all of season 2 in a day, what an incredible show. I can see shades of Jessie Armstrong's previous series Peep Show in a lot of the humor, but the grander scale allows him so much more room for drama. These characters aren't supposed to be losers, what with their high powered jobs and unimaginable wealth, but they really are such broken people. The introduction of the Pierce's this season also made clear the show isn't really an indictment of wealthy families overall. The Roys are a special brand of dysfunctional.

Highlights include Kendal's rap, Greg trying to grab a few of the papers out of the fire when Tom's not looking (though I wonder if Kendal had extorted more paperwork out of him earlier because just 2 documents seem a little sparse for the case Kendal needs to make) and Kendal's final reversal on his father in the finale. And Tom's bit with the chicken in the last episode, hah.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Im rewatching as methodone for not having a season 3 yet. Kendalls if dad didnt need me right now I dont know what I would...be for to Shiv in season 2 episode 4 was heartbreaking. Hes a piece of poo poo murderer (ok, manslaughterer at best) but this show somehow makes me empathize with him.

And thats the beauty of the show, the real villain is Logan as a stand-in for capitalism and the victims include everyone from the general citizenry of the world to Logans own children who have been molded and raised by not a human being but a system and set of twisted values.

I cant wait for this show to come back.

E: and Jesus Christ the score is so good.

E2: quotes and apostrophes dont seem to be working, thanks awful app

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 17, 2020

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Colonel Whitey posted:

Hes a piece of poo poo murderer (ok, manslaughterer at best)

Even this is a stretch because it was the other guy who wrenched the wheel and caused them to career into the river.

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

These are, by far, the most brilliant photographs that I have ever seen, and you are a GOD AMONG MEN.
Toilet Rascal
"Ya wanna make a Tomelette, ya gotta break some Gregs!"

My wife and I watched this over the course of the last two weeks, and holy poo poo, the writing is so great, the characters are so great... even the hate-able characters are lovable. Roman went from someone who just made me cringe to a guy I want to give a big hug.

Has there been a release date announced for Season 3? Probably not, but drat, I want more.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

kaesarsosei posted:

Even this is a stretch because it was the other guy who wrenched the wheel and caused them to career into the river.

Uh he got in the car and drove while high

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Just finished this last night.

I like it as a drama but not as a comedy (black or otherwise).

I think this can be best summed up by saying the most moral character in the show is Stewy. They really hosed it by making Ken a manslaughtering piece of poo poo as I no longer have a proper protagonist. Another way of saying it is to be a bit meta and say it is like Jonathan Franzen's non-satire books, they are better read as satire than as serious fiction.

I liked the fun they poked at the liberal family, Nan being a clout stealer was loving perfect.
The bits set over here in the sunny UK were really good.
I liked the Roman/Geri relationship.
Shame about what they are doing to Shiv's character.
I just want terrible things to happen to Logan.
The rap was loving epic, no, awesome.

Greg is going to end up at C-level with him being designated the successor to whoever comes out on top of all this.

erm, that's it.

Thanks for listening to my Ted Talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ken's a piece of poo poo from the start regardless of the manslaughter.

They all are. There are no innocents in this world. Yes they're all victims in their own way (apart from Logan) but at some point or other they've all made a conscious choice to perpetuate the situation.