Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Absolutely clinical. Amazing job England.

Dammit stop being gracious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Chwyldro Dawnsio Dawns

LoudPipesSaveLives posted:

I can't wait to hear all about how NZ are chokers, and we were robbed etc, when they had the easiest pool play ever and then got smashed by an actual good team.

The official ITV narrative is that the Brave English Underdogs(tm) faced a perfect and precise New Zealand side, and caused "one of the great upsets" in world history, by somehow overcoming their ruthless attack.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Damm my prediction was wrong, I thought England would only win by 3.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
This is England's first ever world cup win vs NZ and we haven't beaten them for 7 years. It's a pretty massive upset.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I'm doing all the moves

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

goatface posted:

This might be one of the weaker sides of recent memory, but they shouldn't have lost like this.

http://imgur.com/gallery/LOicMJA

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Flayer posted:

This is England's first ever world cup win vs NZ and we haven't beaten them for 7 years. It's a pretty massive upset.

No. 1 vs. No. 2 has no upsets, and regardless of the world rankings, England and New Zealand have looked the best all tournament.

anyway here's something Good and pure

https://twitter.com/WelshDalaiLama/status/1188031289078812672

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Hoping for a Wales England final now.

Obv with Wales winning

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I hope South Africa win and then ideally wales falls into the sea

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Spuckuk posted:

I'm doing all the moves

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT’S ENGLAND VS THE ALL BLACK'S AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, GEORGE FORD. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME TRYS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY BEATEN THE GALAXYS BEST RUGBY TEAM. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE PLAYS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

harperdc posted:

No. 1 vs. No. 2 has no upsets, and regardless of the world rankings, England and New Zealand have looked the best all tournament.

anyway here's something Good and pure

https://twitter.com/WelshDalaiLama/status/1188031289078812672

It's the nature of the win that's the upset really. I thought it would come down to a penalty or drop goal but England just dominated the game straight out the gate.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

harperdc posted:

Its a bit different when its the All Blacks who've been #1 for like 90% of ranking history. And regardless of ranks Ireland were #1 going into this tournament so how much stock are we really putting into this 1v2 schlock when you look at the history of End vs NZ in union. We beat them once a blue moon.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
:dudsmile:

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Plus "England have looked the best all tournament" yeh against Argentina, Tonga and loving USA.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Don't doxx me

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Flayer posted:

Its a bit different when its the All Blacks who've been #1 for like 90% of ranking history. And regardless of ranks Ireland were #1 going into this tournament so how much stock are we really putting into this 1v2 schlock when you look at the history of End vs NZ in union. We beat them once a blue moon.
Lol, England are a good team, only an idiot would call this an upset.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Knowing this was out there is the only silver living of this.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

(and can't post for 4 days!)

it was an upset if you expected an even game, not a walkover

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Vagabundo isn't posting, hope he's alright :ohdear:

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Love to save my worst game for the knockouts.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Aramoro posted:

It's the nature of the win that's the upset really. I thought it would come down to a penalty or drop goal but England just dominated the game straight out the gate.

absolutely agree, thought England could get the win but it'd be close. didn't expect the ABs to be on the back foot so much.

oh no computer posted:

Plus "England have looked the best all tournament" yeh against Argentina, Tonga and loving USA.

they didn't get that test against France, true, but I was really impressed against Tonga how easy they made it look. it was a match where they looked like they were idling and still winning by 30 points. especially compared with how much work Australia - Fiji was the day before, it was a big contrast.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

oh no computer posted:

Tbf the All Blacks scraped past SA then hammered 2 poo poo teams too. So that statement isn't exactly wrong.

I

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

I can’t remember New Zealand ever getting bullied out of a game like that

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Aramoro posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT’S ENGLAND VS THE ALL BLACK'S AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, GEORGE FORD. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME TRYS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY BEATEN THE GALAXYS BEST RUGBY TEAM. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE PLAYS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

harperdc posted:

I was really impressed against Tonga how easy they made it look.
The same Tonga that lost 92-7 to NZ a couple of weeks before the tournament started.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

oh no computer posted:

I'm loving furious. Let's just get this out of the way - England were the better team tonight. Let's state that, and move one, because none of what I'm about to post is intended to detract from that fundamental point.

The All Blacks played like poo poo when it mattered, and the referees let England get away with way, way, way too much. From the kick-off, the England defenders were consistently living offside, and as usual, no action was taken regarding a hit around Whitelock's throat just prior to him shoving Farrell, and his graceless dive. Slade's shoulder charge should have, at the very least, been a penalty and a yellow, and a potential penalty try situation. The fact that Curry so blatantly obstructed the All Blacks defence towards Underhill's disallowed try, and Owens still tried to award it before the TMO intervened speaks volumes.

England played better, and the All Blacks played like poo poo, but gently caress me, it was a 15 vs 16 situation at times.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Lol, England are a good team, only an idiot would call this an upset.
Its a massive upset in the context of Union history. In terms of current squads and performance on the day England are absolutely the better team and its no surprise they won with that performance.

Its like Belgium knocking Brazil out of the football world cup last year. An upset despite the fact that Belgium had the better team at the time.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

oh no computer posted:

folks,,,, you hate to see it

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

England played better, and the All Blacks played like poo poo, but gently caress me, it was a 15 vs 16 situation at times.

Lol, I always think about what my wife's gran told her daughter in law when I think of you. She doesn't hate her because she's Irish, she hates the Irish because of her.

I don't hate you as a poster because you support the All Black's, I just want the All Black's to get humped because of you.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Vagabundo posted:

From the kick-off, the England defenders were consistently living offside,

Ritchie McCaws career says hi

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy loving poo poo :xd:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
HOW THE gently caress AM I MEANT TO BE UNBEARABLY SMUG IN THIS THREAD FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS?

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Flayer posted:

Its a massive upset in the context of Union history. In terms of current squads and performance on the day England are absolutely the better team and its no surprise they won with that performance.

Its like Belgium knocking Brazil out of the football world cup last year. An upset despite the fact that Belgium had the better team at the time.

it's a slight upset because new zealand were like 60-40 favourites but it is by no stretch of the imagination a "massive upset".

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Vagabundo posted:

HOW THE gently caress AM I MEANT TO BE UNBEARABLY SMUG IN THIS THREAD FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS?

at least you're not australian?????

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Vagabundo posted:

become english

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

Console yourself with the fact we have to play England in the 6 Nations for the next 4 years. South Africa are my only hope now.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Aramoro posted:

Console yourself with the fact we have to play England in the 6 Nations for the next 4 years. South Africa are my only hope now.

Wales beat England earlier this year so it's not out of the realms of possibility

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Vagabundo posted:

I'm loving furious. Let's just get this out of the way - England were the better team tonight. Let's state that, and move one, because none of what I'm about to post is intended to detract from that fundamental point.

The All Blacks played like poo poo when it mattered, and the referees let England get away with way, way, way too much. From the kick-off, the England defenders were consistently living offside, and as usual, no action was taken regarding a hit around Whitelock's throat just prior to him shoving Farrell, and his graceless dive. Slade's shoulder charge should have, at the very least, been a penalty and a yellow, and a potential penalty try situation. The fact that Curry so blatantly obstructed the All Blacks defence towards Underhill's disallowed try, and Owens still tried to award it before the TMO intervened speaks volumes.

:lol: at the complaints about obstruction and offsides given the game and how bad the All Blacks were for them.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Vagabundo posted:

Do what all fans of formerly great teams do.

"Pfft, talk to me when you have won 3 world cups"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Vagabundo posted:

Ah yes, this will sustain me for four more years.