Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
48th minute: Owens warns Read about the number of tackles off the ball and NZ high penalty count. Warns the next one will be a yellow.

NZ: Continue to do this, are not picked up on it and do not get a player binned.

Vagabundo: We were playing 16!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Ah yes, this will sustain me for four more years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65xd81cj7pA

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

The fact that Curry so blatantly obstructed the All Blacks defence towards Underhill's disallowed try, and Owens still tried to award it before the TMO intervened speaks volumes.

You mean the one that Owens requested the TMO look at because he wasn't sure if there was obstruction or not?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

Wales beat England earlier this year so it's not out of the realms of possibility

Wales winning the World Cup is still a bad time for everyone else in the 6 Nations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Aramoro posted:

Wales winning the World Cup is still a bad time for everyone else in the 6 Nations.

It's still better than England winning jt

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

I'm loving furious. Let's just get this out of the way - England were the better team tonight. Let's state that, and move one, because none of what I'm about to post is intended to detract from that fundamental point.

The All Blacks played like poo poo when it mattered, and the referees let England get away with way, way, way too much. From the kick-off, the England defenders were consistently living offside, and as usual, no action was taken regarding a hit around Whitelock's throat just prior to him shoving Farrell, and his graceless dive. Slade's shoulder charge should have, at the very least, been a penalty and a yellow, and a potential penaltyi try situation. The fact that Curry so blatantly obstructed the All Blacks defence towards Underhill's disallowed try, and Owens still tried to award it before the TMO intervened speaks volumes.

England played better, and the All Blacks played like poo poo, but gently caress me, it was a 15 vs 16 situation at times.

allblackfans.txt

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
Oh dear, the English are going to be insufferable this week aren't they?

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

How is that different to any other week

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Dog Friday posted:

They're insufferable every week.

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
Lol fair replies... I'm not sure why everyone is writing off Wales and South Africa at this point, both have the forwards to make the final a different prospect?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Dog Friday posted:

How dare they be happy that their team beat the best team in the world and have made it to a world cup final.

The utter gall of them.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Total Meatlove posted:

48th minute: Owens warns Read about the number of tackles off the ball and NZ high penalty count. Warns the next one will be a yellow.

NZ: Continue to do this, are not picked up on it and do not get a player binned.

Vagabundo: We were playing 16!!!

Lol plus all their forward passes. I counted at least two.

Pissing on the ref is extremely un-rugby like (unless they are French refs, in which case its fair game). If you want to piss and moan about refereeing go watch football.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Kitchner posted:

Pissing on the ref is extremely un-rugby like (unless they are French refs, in which case its fair game). If you want to piss and moan about refereeing go watch football.

Oh hey Nige

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

How dare they be happy that their team beat the best team in the world and have made it to a world cup final.

The utter gall of them.

Yes because being happy and insufferable are the same thing... Numpty

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

loving forgot we have to play one more game. When are they dumping that poo poo.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

CyberPingu posted:

Oh hey Nige

I can't be Nigel, I spotted the two forward passes.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
The officials favoured NZ all game, the only reason England didn't get 30+ points was NZ getting every close decision in their favour.

NZ never looked like scoring and only got any points on the board at all because England threw the ball to them 2 metres from their own try line.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Obviously England were inspired by my heartfelt support over the last few weeks, and pushed themselves to victory.
In all seriousness, it was a comprehensive win, if anything the scoreboard flattered the all Black's. They were second best in every part of the game.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

stavros880 posted:

Obviously England were inspired by my heartfelt support over the last few weeks, and pushed themselves to victory.
In all seriousness, it was a comprehensive win, if anything the scoreboard flattered the all Black's. They were second best in every part of the game.

They were proper poo poo like.

Robot Mil
Apr 13, 2011

I would begrudgingly support England more frequently (as a Welsh) if the supporters didn't sing swing low sweet chariot constantly. It makes me want to punch something.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

Robot Mil posted:

I would begrudgingly support England more frequently (as a Welsh) if the supporters didn't sing swing low sweet chariot constantly. It makes me want to punch something.

I'm sure I heard Fields of Athenry a few times, was that just me?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Kitchner posted:

especially since Nige is the best ref in the world by a long way

though that probably says more about the rest of them

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
England being in the final means that we surely won't be seeing Wayne Barnes reffing again.
RIP The Wayne Barnes ExperienceTM
Long live the French Ref Lottery

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Excuse me, you'll find that it is, in fact, :qq:

Also, pretty sure I'll end up with an avatar of Eddie Jones or Owen Farrell or something with some sort of red text before the end of the tournament.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Plucky Brit posted:

I'm sure I heard Fields of Athenry a few times, was that just me?

I thought so too. wonder if some Irish had tickets for the Semis on the off chance they would make it this year?

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
It hurts like gently caress when your team is comprehensively outplayed in a World Cup knockout game, but sometimes you just have to take a step back and smell the Roses. lol no but seriously join the club

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
New Zealand can't have Gracas and his All Black erection ref every one of their games, and I like the idea that the team that had two tries disallowed was the one getting the benefit from the ref.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Since I've had a night to sleep on it and I'm a little less angry now, having moved on in the DABDA process, I suppose England just had one of those days where the little things just went there way, kind of like Ireland in Chicago back in 2016. There wouldn't have been many teams, if any, that could have won on that day.

It was frustrating to see the All Blacks unable to really fire a single shot, and I guess England never having to really reveal their hand worked in their favour.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Madkal posted:

New Zealand can't have Gracas and his All Black erection ref every one of their games, and I like the idea that the team that had two tries disallowed was the one getting the benefit from the ref.

Garces blatantly favours teams playing against the All Blacks, unless it's the Springboks for some reason.

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?
What the gently caress I thought this game was kick off at 9?!
Another hour to wait?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Jedimastafez posted:

What the gently caress I thought this game was kick off at 9?!
Another hour to wait?

It does kick off at 9.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

The clocks went back...

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
Did that Welsh guy just do a bump in the hallway?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Wales, SAfrica and England...ugh, there's not even a decent 2nd good-guy team to root for. It's Japan I really feel for, they've been great hosts and the whole tournament has basically been ruined for them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God I wish Japan could have made the semis. I also REALLY wish they'd made the final, that would have been loving awesome.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

my ideal was Japan beating South Africa last week, and even if they lose to Wales they would've made sure Japanese press attention was on the final weekend. And the way things went, it would've been Japan-New Zealand in the third place game!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If England plays anything like they did yesterday I'm not seeing anything from either of these teams so far that would give them pause come the final.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Is there a TMO?
A head-high tackle and jumper taken out in the air already by SA and nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Literally 80 minutes of box kicks.