Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
I can't hear microphones for whatever reason. Anyone know what the issue is? It seems like all my settings are fine. I had this problem in the beta as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

poe meater posted:

I can't hear microphones for whatever reason. Anyone know what the issue is? It seems like all my settings are fine. I had this problem in the beta as well.

It's something weird they are doing with the mixing. Check your default devices vs. your default communications devices in the system tray. For some reason I had to set my mic to be the communication device instead of my audio mixer before it would allow me to speak.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
the fake comtac audio is super annoying, why cant you disable this poo poo

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Is there a way to remove the 10v10 maps from the TDM rotation?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

My only complaint so far is the perk selection: some could’ve been merged + there’s too many good red perks compared to the others

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
https://gfycat.com/timelyredfairyfly

I think I might be a cheater. :stare:

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The MP5 owns big time and I love the X16. Honestly haven't found an AR that I really like yet. M4 isn't bad but I'm better with the MP5 so?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MlNWYyVdh0

That said, friendly footsteps are way too loud. :tinfoil:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

pacerhimself posted:

The MP5 owns big time and I love the X16. Honestly haven't found an AR that I really like yet. M4 isn't bad but I'm better with the MP5 so?

FAL needs a bit of a bump, bring back the two hit tap tap kill from MW2.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

:mad:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
dang this game owns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Also the kill streaks are not super powerful so that part doesn't bother me. I don't get a ton of them so I'm big time whatevs

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Good god specs ops is hard

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah, I gave it a spin with some pubs and we didn't do half bad until three juggernauts were guarding an objective and my thermite grenade launcher wouldn't even kill one of them :stare:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Edit: Juggs are back very nice.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
lol at the incredibly cheesy Avengers-rear end scene at the end of the campaign.

Spectracide
May 27, 2004
IT'S ARGH, BABY!

Phoix posted:

Has anyone been running into this graphical issue on PC? It doesn't look like this on kill cams or the map view during respawns, only during gameplay.

Yeah, I had something similiar happen earlier:

Thought my GPU was dying. Seemed like a shader problem? Went away if I went indoors and returned when I went outdoors. Only happened once so far. Bonus video :pcgaming:

Spectracide fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Oct 26, 2019

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So the multiplayer is good at least? Because the campaign sounds like "Oops! All Big Moments!"

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
People should join discord. Haven't seen many games going on (sa country club one). I'm on there now looking.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

So the multiplayer is good at least? Because the campaign sounds like "Oops! All Big Moments!"

Maps are iffy, but the gameplay is sublime, and the netcode is better than it's been since the series started. :iia:
Soundwhoring is just as brutal as Siege, albeit not as accurate.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

veni veni veni posted:

It's loving brutal.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Unlucky7 posted:

Multiplayer maps are pretty poor on the whole, but the gameplay and the campaign gameplay are actually pretty drat strong. Way more interesting than you'd think, but still recognisably a Modern Warfare 1/2 successor.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

So uhhh should I buy this soon? Is it actually as good as the beta led me to believe? I’ve been in such a mp fps slump, I want to find something that gets me back in the groove with the genre.

Im really curious about the campaign too. I miss fps campaigns with crazy dumb set pieces and fun shooting mechanics.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Anyone else have the flashing green "new thingy unlocked" square that WILL NOT GO AWAY under loadouts? I've clicked EVERYTHING to no avail.

You've unlocked stuff for a weapon you don't have yet.
Like the Famas or sniper rifle from the default classes.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Really enjoying watching this one SP level where a small child that kills a Russian soldier in the middle of the country getting invaded. :wtc: . Seriously what the gently caress game???

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I haven't played a CoD in quite some time. I basically only like to run and gun cause I am a scrub, is this one of the campier CoD's or is run and gun fine?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
The campaign was dull as hell. There's a few good scenes but you never do anything interesting and the story is a drag.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
FFA on the cave level is something else

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Aniyah palace is too fuckin big.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Pops Mgee posted:

Aniyah palace is too fuckin big.

Don't you like matches where the highest kills is about 12?

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Evil Canadian posted:

I haven't played a CoD in quite some time. I basically only like to run and gun cause I am a scrub, is this one of the campier CoD's or is run and gun fine?

The first TDM game I played I sat in a dark window in our spawn point and went 16-4 and got a chopper gunner. The next two games I tried moving around the map and went 1-13 and 3-10. I then turned my PS4 off. Every single aspect of this game is designed around camping and holding parts of the map to the point where it doesn't even feel like a CoD game to me. This makes Ghosts feel like Quake 2.

-Gunshots don't appear on the minimap.
-TTK is almost hardcore level.
-Footsteps are super loud.
-Dead silence is an activated skill with a long cooldown.
-Movement is super slow.
-Almost every single gun attachment increases ADS time.
-Windows are so dark you can't see people in them.
-'Open' map designs where every time you step around the corner there are a couple dozen lines of fire you can get instant killed from.
-Buildings on doors you have to open so everyone in the building can hear you coming in.

It's a nightmare if you liked the faster pace arcady shooter feel of most of the old CoDs.

a_gelatinous_cube fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Oct 26, 2019

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Really enjoyed the campaign. I want an entire campaign that's just the night vision sequences. The sound design in this game is goddamn incredible.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

The first TDM game I played I sat in a dark window in our spawn point and went 16-4 and got a chopper gunner. The next two games I tried moving around the map and went 1-13 and 3-10. I then turned my PS4 off. Every single aspect of this game is designed around camping and holding parts of the map to the point where it doesn't even feel like a CoD game to me. This makes Ghosts feel like Quake 2.

-Gunshots don't appear on the minimap.
-TTK is almost hardcore level.
-Footsteps are super loud.
-Dead silence is an activated skill with a long cooldown.
-Movement is super slow.
-Almost every single gun attachment increases ADS time.
-Windows are so dark you can't see people in them.
-'Open' map designs where every time you step around the corner there are a couple dozen lines of fire you can get instant killed from.
-Buildings on doors you have to open so everyone in the building can hear you coming in.

It's a nightmare if you liked the faster pace arcady shooter feel of most of the old CoDs.

I concur. The main maps I've had fun with are gunrunners, that middle Eastern one with all the verticality, and the picadilly circle one. These are the only ones I've seen that feel like mw2 to me. I think I also like HQ better than Dom in this game, because it forces people to move. I just wish the hq was randomized.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

IW games don't have the hit detection issues that SHG and Treyarch COD games have, that's why the TTK feels a bit lower. Raising the player health won't do much. They had a playlist like this briefly in Ghosts and it didn't make a big difference. The game just came out so people are going to camp hard until they learn the maps.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

loving landlords

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Well.

If no one else is gonna say it.

I'll say it.

I'll be the sole voice in the room.

I like this game.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Bananana posted:

Well.

I'll say it.

I like this game.

I do too.

But the only other CoD I’ve played was Blops4.

After playing Apex legends since launch I’m pretty happy with how I’m doing in multiplayer. Apex is fast. I like the slower pace of CoD.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Evil Canadian posted:

I've seen relatively little camping. Even headquarters is a lot of run and gun. SMG and hipfire dominate the hell out of some maps. Headphones make finding enemies easy.

I've been playing team games un-partied and still having fun dicking around.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

The Bananana posted:

Well.

I'll say it.

I like this game.

I've already said this yesterday. Pay attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Krogort posted:

In the custom game lobby everything is unlocked by default.
You can cobble together some sick guns, the number of unlock is impressive.

Sniper revolver

Phallic compensation deagle

Sci-fi P90 that would be the envy of the stargate crew

Vintage futuristic MG34 with thermal scope, feels like putting a AESA radar on a Spitfire...

2 AK branch, one is the AK74 from COD4

Looks like something you would make in MGSV