Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I love that THW mentioned consulting in that last tweet. of course he's from one of these Big 4 dipshit manager firms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Henchman of Santa posted:

People that work jobs that are perceived as beneath the professional class don’t deserve to live

This is seriously it.

The argument is "I only make $X, how dare you allow that peon serving me fries/digging ditches/other "low status" occupation make more money? How can I feel better than them if the difference between our wages is smaller?"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

They will legitimately compare themselves to the Proles of 1984 too. It really is entirely about relative perception of power.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Perestroika posted:

What the gently caress even is this reasoning? "If the minimum wage was this high, people could eventually afford their own homes* off of it! This cannot be!"

*Said homes are probably run down and/or in the middle of nowhere

I’m in one of the cheapest places to live in the country and you can indeed find a home for $60k and it will be a garbage home surrounded by garbage homes because nobody wanting to buy those places is going to be able to afford fixing them up.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/leninsgf_/status/1188060398949486597?s=19

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Written by my parents' cat

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

What does this even mean

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Kind-of want to shove a raw cashew into their mouth for that.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

nutting always cheers me up

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Is that the same Grace Dent who tried to get a man fired for making a joke about her on Twitter? Terrible person.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sunswipe posted:

Is that the same Grace Dent who tried to get a man fired for making a joke about her on Twitter? Terrible person.

No idea, but probably. All of these terrible "no, I'm actually more in touch with the plight of the working class because of my obscene wealth" op ed writers have likely tried to get at least one person fired over a joke on Twitter.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

T-man posted:

Never for very long though.

Though that is also what she said.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/juchemane/status/1188147231565717505?s=21

Wapo with some absolutely depraved content today

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sunswipe posted:

Yep!

This is her pinned tweet, by the way:

https://twitter.com/gracedent/status/1142713585296138241

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

That's a, uh...joke alright :catstare:

She shouldn't be stooping *that* low as a response but I couldn't really blame anyone for getting mad at that kind of garbage either.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

T-man posted:

Two handfuls sounds like wishful thinking there bud.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/janeclarejones/status/1187475005862367233

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Glad I've been doing feminism with all you're moms.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

If any Americans out there are wondering, no, 13 miles isn't very far in the UK either.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Tenebrais posted:

If any Americans out there are wondering, no, 13 miles isn't very far in the UK either.

That's an hours drive in traffic here in Sydney. Seems way to close to Grace for my comfort.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

T-man posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, Mr Ray Parker Jr.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

Glad I've been doing feminism with all you're moms.

I support my mom's right to do feminism with whoever she wants.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/juchemane/status/1188147231565717505?s=21

Wapo with some absolutely depraved content today

Something got under their skin and they are feeling a need to flex goddamn.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
https://twitter.com/lhsummers/status/1188079883664154625?s=21

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
The thing this thread title was made for

https://twitter.com/apcharli/status/1187820330565414912?s=20

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Ford literally handed out the Protocols so how much farther could he go

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Ford literally handed out the Protocols so how much farther could he go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owI7DOeO_yg

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Breetai posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, Mr Ray Parker Jr.

Nice

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/luulubuu/status/1188235494402002945?s=21

For those who are unaware the new Pokémon game coming out next month won’t have all the Pokémon, so it’s the same as protesting China.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

bobjr posted:

https://twitter.com/luulubuu/status/1188235494402002945?s=21

For those who are unaware the new Pokémon game coming out next month won’t have all the Pokémon, so it’s the same as protesting China.

Why doesn't the new Pokemon game have all the Pokemon in it? That seems... odd.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

because there's like 2000 now and it's the first one to be fully 3D and on a new platform requiring completely new art assets and making that many models is waaaayyyy too much work for the development team. They will add more, but a Pokemon game will be okay with only one annoying poison type that you encounter every two steps inside of caves.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

There's like 900 of them and the work involved in incorporating a given poke is more complicated than it was when it was just sprites instead of 3d models, so they prioritized fan favorites (mostly gen 1) and new ones.

^ what he said

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Because they're now close to a thousand of the loving things, and they've hit the point where it's actually unsustainable to port the whole lineup into a new generation right from the get-go.

It's a total travesty and proof of lazy game development, according to a whole bunch of people who have literally no idea how game development works.

EDIT: drat, three people and none of us even have the same number of Pokemon.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Volcott posted:

^ what he said

she

I'm that swimfan that swapped genders or whatever

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

They have to create every Pokemon who wasn't in Smash Brothers from scratch, also that's what DLC is for.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Arivia posted:

because there's like 2000 now and it's the first one to be fully 3D and on a new platform requiring completely new art assets and making that many models is waaaayyyy too much work for the development team. They will add more, but a Pokemon game will be okay with only one annoying poison type that you encounter every two steps inside of caves.

Volcott posted:

There's like 900 of them and the work involved in incorporating a given poke is more complicated than it was when it was just sprites instead of 3d models, so they prioritized fan favorites (mostly gen 1) and new ones.

^ what he said

Cleretic posted:

Because they're now close to a thousand of the loving things, and they've hit the point where it's actually unsustainable to port the whole lineup into a new generation right from the get-go.

It's a total travesty and proof of lazy game development, according to a whole bunch of people who have literally no idea how game development works.

EDIT: drat, three people and none of us even have the same number of Pokemon.

Thank you. I've never played a Pokemon game in my life so I had no idea.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
this literally came up before with the pikachu and eevee games, and I think I even replied and got corrected by some other poke nerd that being able to get all "legit" pokes in the games hasnt really been possible past like gen 4 or something.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Skwirl posted:

They have to create every Pokemon who wasn't in Smash Brothers from scratch, also that's what DLC is for.

They haven't said anything about future plans (outside of generally commenting that 'just because a Pokemon isn't in Sword and Shield doesn't mean it's gone forever') but I do think it's fairly likely that we'll see some DLC with older Pokemon.

Also, people keep bringing up the character models, and that's fair, but that's also not the only factor to porting a Pokemon. Nearly every single Pokemon gets a whole new learnlist for moves every generation to accommodate new moves, new ways to get moves, and balance changes. Then you've got new abilities, the occasional stat changes, changes to the moves themselves and how that affects a Pokemon, how they interact with any new mechanics like Z-moves or with this generation Dynamax/Gigantamax... and then you have to bring in where and when you actually get them in the game itself (if they're actually catchable, and they often are these days) because you don't want them to obliterate the game balance, or to be immediately totally irrelevant by the time they turn up if you can help it.

Polygon actually asked the lead developers of Sword and Shield, and apparently every single individual Pokemon is about a three-month development process altogether. I think they were referring to new Pokemon, but a lot less of that process than you think gets skipped because 'we've already figured out Gyarados'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
There are infinite numbers of Pokemon and we have not found the end to them. I fear for the future.