Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Walrus posted:

Kerry gold > tillamook imo

Kerry Gold is excellent. I wouldn't call it better since there isn't a very big selection here. The Dubliner is great on crackers. It's a bit too hard for me (heh) but the flavor is excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Cougar Gold, binches

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Ferdinands ice cream and Cougar cheese are the only worthwhile things to come out of Pullman.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Is there an up-to-date database of what Kirkland Signatures to avoid cause they're actually awful garbage? I blindly believed Costco = good thus Kirkland Signature = Good as a blanket statement.

I've got this huge bag of Kirkland Signature himalayan salt kettle chips which is like 80% stale even though the expiration date isn't for another 6 to 8 months.

The Kirkland Signature frozen pepperoni pizza is also complete salty garbage.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Laterite posted:

Cougar Gold, binches

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Acolytes, let me reveal to you the terrible apocrypha of the Costco Food Court Secret Menu.

Forsake the Drink (With Free Refill) in your hot dog combo to receive the cursed communion of

The double-bread dog.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

FilthyImp posted:

Acolytes, let me reveal to you the terrible apocrypha of the Costco Food Court Secret Menu.

Forsake the Drink (With Free Refill) in your hot dog combo to receive the cursed communion of

The double-bread dog.

I see no upside to this. It's like getting your burrito double wrapped at Chipotle. Why? Why, I beg of you, why!?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I see no upside to this. It's like getting your burrito double wrapped at Chipotle. Why? Why, I beg of you, why!?

You get your burrito double wrapped because you’ve made a monster burrito that supports the need for two tortillas.

This is not the same thing.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Wirth1000 posted:

Is there an up-to-date database of what Kirkland Signatures to avoid cause they're actually awful garbage? I blindly believed Costco = good thus Kirkland Signature = Good as a blanket statement.

I've got this huge bag of Kirkland Signature himalayan salt kettle chips which is like 80% stale even though the expiration date isn't for another 6 to 8 months.

Take’em back and tell them it’s garbage. If you are the whole pizza then just bag your poo.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Wirth1000 posted:

The frozen pizzas were bad, not so bad I didn't eat all of them by myself every time, but I did feel bad about it.

I'd love to see a complete listing of all KS items and a goon rating. I like the tortilla chips but they're not my favorite. I always buy anything that I'd consider a commodity, salt, pepper etc.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
The Himilayan salt chips are great if you like that type of chip? If they were already stale you got a bad bag.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the appliance home delivery and installation after you buy something either online or in store?

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
Are we talking about the pepperoni pizzas that are 4 for $9 right now? They're not great, but for $2.25/ea they're very adequate.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Are we talking about the pepperoni pizzas that are 4 for $9 right now? They're not great, but for $2.25/ea they're very adequate.

The perfect sustenance after a case of Kirkland Light.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Irradiation posted:

The Himilayan salt chips are great if you like that type of chip? If they were already stale you got a bad bag.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the appliance home delivery and installation after you buy something either online or in store?

Yeah, I've never gotten a stale bag of those before. They're basically the same as Kettle brand chips.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Irradiation posted:

Not sure about in store but online gives you ETA/windows for items when you punch in your ZIP code.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I hear the Kirkland champagne isn't very good but I haven't tried it yet, I think I have a bottle at home which should make for at least serviceable French 75s

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Kirkland Lite is probably on the trash heap of lovely poo poo.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

shovelbum posted:

I hear the Kirkland champagne isn't very good but I haven't tried it yet, I think I have a bottle at home which should make for at least serviceable French 75s

It's alright, the Prosecco is better.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Kirkland Bad: razors, cashews, beer
Kirkland Good: vodka, coffee, olive oil

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

poisonpill posted:

Kirkland Bad: razors, cashews, beer
Kirkland Good: vodka, coffee, olive oil

Kirkland top-tier: toilet paper, paper towels, organic milk, sparkling water

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

Kirkland Lite is probably on the trash heap of lovely poo poo.

Yeah it’s really not even serviceable. Probably the worst mistake buying a 48(?) pack of that poo poo.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Just get the three pack of sausage pizzas that arent Kirkland brand. They're incredible

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I miss the mini pizzas that had a corn based crust and were kind of mexican-y flavoured with peppers and sausage bits. The new individual pizzas they have suck.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Wirth1000 posted:

I'm betting your chip bag probably wasn't airtight and got burst during stocking. Take it back for a refund. (take back the pizza too since you hated it)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I thought that they discontinued the Kirkland Light beer.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

You get your burrito double wrapped because you’ve made a monster burrito that supports the need for two tortillas.

This is not the same thing.

I saw with my OWN EYES! A skinny white kid order a regular rear end burrito and asked for it double wrapped. :colbert: I have gotten a giant monster burritos that had to be double wrapped one time. $15 well spent.

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004
Does anyone find the new Kirkland paper towels inferior to the old? The new packaging claims they are stronger but they are much more thin and much less absorbent than the old ones.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Kirkland top-tier: toilet paper, paper towels, organic milk, sparkling water

kirkland toilet paper is the lowest tier possible, i'd rather wipe my rear end with sand paper than buy that garbage

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
Sorry about your delicate rear end in a top hat.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
There's apparently two types of Kirkland toilet paper, hence the discrepancies in experience

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

I keep wanting to get a can of Cougar Gold, but man that's a lot of cheese for two people. I went to UF and UCF so I don't have the attachment that a lot of people here have.

Generally I've found Kirkland branded beverages to be more miss than hits. Spices and oils are very good though. I always have a big container of the garlic powder and store it in the freezer.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The Walrus posted:

:hmmyes: Brick of Kerry Gold Dubliner cheese + variety pack of Breton crackers for $6 is doing a drat good job of making me fatter. Oh so tasty though.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

That drat Kerry Gold commercial makes me so jealous of that dude eating that grilled cheese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs2lWAXSod0

Just look at him. drat.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Irradiation posted:

Ferdinands ice cream and Cougar cheese are the only worthwhile things to come out of Pullman.

loving 100% agreed.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

The Walrus posted:

I enjoy eating straight butter as well

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Please send me bricks of all the cheese mentioned so I can sample and pick the decisive winner

Goofball
Apr 4, 2019

Irradiation posted:

Seems like it depends on what you're buying and when. Bought a fridge and dishwasher from the 'co online last year right after black Friday, took 10 days to deliver. They hauled the old stuff away same day (I had uninstalled the old dishwasher a day ahead of time) and installed the new fridge. The new dishwasher was delivered left in the packing. I was given two options for it, wait and the delivery company would schedule a different installer to handle it in a day or two, or install it myself. I opted for the self install.

Ordered a new clothes washer and dryer online at the end of September to overlap a sale and a cash card "rebate". They were delivered and installed 5 days later with removal and haul away of the old broken hunks of poo poo.

Delivery and installation service is 3rd party (Innovel in my area, ymmv) and hit or miss on attention to detail, at least to my standards. Crew that handled the fridge and dishwasher were great. Different crew that did the clothes washer and dryer were just ok, missed some things like getting pedestal clip-in covers the right way, making sure the units were dead-level to stop vibrations, etc. Overall their service seems better than what I've gotten from other big-box stores delivery.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I was about to get a new vacuum this weekend but I got the new mailer and its $40 off a Shark XL starting Wednesday. PBUC.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got the mailer today and they have a deal on a Roomba which I'd love to have. Problem is my floor is littered with stuff. Backpacks, boots, tents, guns, targets, rockets, etc.

I should probably clear my floor so I could buy my own personal death robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Chinatown posted:

I was about to get a new vacuum this weekend but I got the new mailer and its $40 off a Shark XL starting Wednesday. PBUC.

The roller on my Dyson just self-destructed so I might be down for this.