Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

sunday night i am camping at WWV

like,
the time station

fucc yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

sunday night i am camping at WWV

like,
the time station

I hope you're bringing a radio sync watch so you can have the absolute freshest time on your wrist

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
today went diving off the coast of a nuclear reactor, which was a first.

later that afternoon at the beach some poor 6-7 year old kiddo was swimming and got stung by a jellyfish; he was a _real_ unhappy camper for about 30 minutes. they won’t kill you here but you’ll def wish it did.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Was it an irukandji jellyfish? Cause apparently their venom has a weird psychological side effect where you get an extraordinarily powerful feeling of imminent death, to the point that people who have been stung literally beg the doctors to kill them and get it over with

It goes away after like a day but you have to put patients on suicide watch until it does lol

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Sagebrush posted:

Was it an irukandji jellyfish? Cause apparently their venom has a weird psychological side effect where you get an extraordinarily powerful feeling of imminent death, to the point that people who have been stung literally beg the doctors to kill them and get it over with

It goes away after like a day but you have to put patients on suicide watch until it does lol

sounds like that, like, /leaf/ that does similar in australia

never going to that accursed land (though it looks beautiful)

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Sagebrush posted:

Was it an irukandji jellyfish?

no, def not box jellyfish bad. idk jellyfish species well, but the common ones around here are super painful only for about 30 mins. I’ve only been tagged on the cheek once or twice cuz I’m usually in a wetsuit+gloves. the kid was ofc just in swimming trunks so probably got stung p bad.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

weekend hike on a fire road up mt climie

the name is accurate, it was a steady incline the whole way

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

those hills have grass on them :confused:

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
BUMP

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I had to chase a coyote away from a cat on my piss early run the other day :catte:

Also have become regular pals with my neighborhood skunk

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I went on a hike

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

hmmmm

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I went on a hike

loving excellent picture

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I went on a hike

this is the content i come here for good job

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I went on a hike

nice

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I went on a hike

good poo poo

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

fuckin same. id rather kill myself than keep working on this project. i hate my life. kill me

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

my new dog posted:

fuckin same. id rather kill myself than keep working on this project. i hate my life. kill me

yeah that comic strip has never not been relevant to my life for the last ten years

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

https://twitter.com/ly_rone/status/1187644170829123584?s=20

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

this is definitely the most elaborate thing i've ever seen cooked on a backpacker's camp stove

i'm used to like, ramen

pram
Jun 10, 2001
because its made for internet upvotes hth

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

it also does not even look like that good or interesting a dish considering the number of ingredients and level of effort? mushrooms was a good start, but then a second pot for some random ham and then it gets put on the whitest possible bread for some reason?

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

mountain house, imo

haven’t found any others nearly as good

can also just bring your own pasta I guess

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

it also does not even look like that good or interesting a dish considering the number of ingredients and level of effort? mushrooms was a good start, but then a second pot for some random ham and then it gets put on the whitest possible bread for some reason?

seriously! and adding a kraft single and pepper on top like it's some kind of rare delicacy

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

this is definitely the most elaborate thing i've ever seen cooked on a backpacker's camp stove

i'm used to like, ramen

the last time i camped we made mac and cheese and i diced up a tillamook jerky stick and threw it in there + let it simmer

Progressive JPEG posted:

mountain house, imo

haven’t found any others nearly as good

can also just bring your own pasta I guess

yeah i buy a bucket of 12x mountain house meals every six months. i randomly have mountain house dinner nights to rotate them out + when i have fewer than six in the bucket, i order another one

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I eat the freeze dried packs and wrap whatever it is in a few tortillas cause those are good with everything and easy to pack

all camp food is good cause you're either drunk or exhausted

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Jonny 290 posted:

the last time i camped we made mac and cheese and i diced up a tillamook jerky stick and threw it in there + let it simmer

dried chinese sausage is awesome for this sorta thing

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Freeze dried beans and rice with cheddar cheese for lyfe

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yellow snow

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Sonoran desert is nicer than I expected; I guess I’m too used to blasted rocky desolation with some scrubs

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

this popped up in the most recent indiegogo mailer, usually it's mostly lolworthy scams these days but figured this might appeal ITT

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/oru-kayak-inlet-most-portable-origami-kayak-ever/x/5424678

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
f*ck I need to go outside

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Spent some time in the desert; didn't die

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
the latest li ziqi is pretty wild, y'all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw4UFY16Wg

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I think the wackiest thing about China I saw recently is someone’s photos in some area that I would have otherwise thought was Colorado or something if they didn’t point it out

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Corla Plankun posted:

the latest li ziqi is pretty wild, y'all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw4UFY16Wg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKJIYsnNQy4

This is incredible.

I needed this last week.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
b
u
mp

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

B U M P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

lancemantis posted:

I think the wackiest thing about China I saw recently is someone’s photos in some area that I would have otherwise thought was Colorado or something if they didn’t point it out

china and north america have shockingly similar plant life for continental drift related reasons