Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Literally just squeezing bitcoiners like money sponges at this point. Destroy all the longs, then when people are pessimistic, liquidate all the shorts. All leveraged trades controlled by one platform.

Beelzebufo fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Oct 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

The Little Death posted:

Literally just squeezing bitcoiners like money sponges at this point. Destroy all the longs, then when people are pessimistic, liquidaye all the shorts. All leveraged trades controlled by one platform. person.

fyfy

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

The Little Death posted:

set the bull's ball rolling
:quagmire:

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

printing money makes the price go up, interesting take coming from bitcoiners

what is this TRON blockchain? i googled it and ended up finding something about a blockchain operating system and i dont get how that has anything to do with tether or how that would work. im sure they dont understand it themselves but for different reasons.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

KARL MARX FORCE RED

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

beep boop bitcoin article bot posted:

Bitcoin bearish price action is still pressing against key support areas. For four straight days, the largest cryptocurrency has wallowed in red rough waters. The return below $10,000 seems to have squashed the buyers’ hope of touching $11,000 in the near-term. This demoralized feeling has seen the bears take the center stage and retest $9,600 for the second time in seven days.

The move is a result of the fact that a substantial portion of the Chinese traders are buying. The sell-side group, however, has been very much in support of the bullish rally. In one of their recent chat streams, the members of the BearSquad.cn account claimed that the trading volume is growing.

The bears are not showing any signs of breaking out with the bulls, but the downward momentum has gained impetus, so the chances for a breakout are not high.

However, if you are a bear, bearish traders should be selling for the rest of the market to see if this breakout begins.

The downside on bears has been fairly steep lately, since the rally started to turn in the middle of January, and some investors are now beginning to move toward the lower extremities of the rally, but I would not recommend it in the short term.

The chart shows how the markets have traded as a group for about four months, and the bearish trend line is also trending towards the upside, which shows that momentum is still driving this rally to its high and beyond.

It's very hard to predict where a short term trend line would get to, but that trend line is still in the upper tail of the blue line and is now looking positive. This is still a positive long term trend line, which should allow a short term bullish trend continuation to the upside and make for a great buying opportunity.

The downside of the chart is that even though this line is being pushed down significantly below the 10 year MA, it could still take some time. That said the trend line has been showing significant value during this time horizon of about 14 months. With an 11.6% downside over the next month, I expect the bulls to continue their trend and push it higher, which should continue to put the bull on an upward trajectory.

Haha holy poo poo if you keep feeding the last sentence of every prompt generated by talktotransformer back into itself you get a full bitcoin article.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

orange juche posted:

beep boop bitcoin article bot

awww i thought beepboopbitcoin.com updated :smith:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Not Yet Accomplished:

Captain of Industry
Create your own financial empire
I Am The One Percent
Make a million U.S. dollars
Pillar Of The Community
Make a positive contribution to society

Accomplished:

Anonymous Cryptocurrency
Gave sensitive personal information to someone you don't know
Twenty-One Links Of Blockchain Around My Leg
Went into debt
No Transaction Fees!
Paid a transaction fee
A Bear Called The End
Bought a bitcoin with U.S. dollars
Going Down Down
Tried to mine a bitcoin without success

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

i think the first time i played i got stabbed to death

probably a better investment than bitcoin though

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
buttcoin

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

orange juche posted:

Bitcoin bearish price action is still pressing against key support areas. For four straight days, the largest cryptocurrency has wallowed in red rough waters. The return below $10,000 seems to have squashed the buyers’ hope of touching $11,000 in the near-term. This demoralized feeling has seen the bears take the center stage and retest $9,600 for the second time in seven days.

The move is a result of the fact that a substantial portion of the Chinese traders are buying. The sell-side group, however, has been very much in support of the bullish rally. In one of their recent chat streams, the members of the BearSquad.cn account claimed that the trading volume is growing.

The bears are not showing any signs of breaking out with the bulls, but the downward momentum has gained impetus, so the chances for a breakout are not high.

However, if you are a bear, bearish traders should be selling for the rest of the market to see if this breakout begins.

The downside on bears has been fairly steep lately, since the rally started to turn in the middle of January, and some investors are now beginning to move toward the lower extremities of the rally, but I would not recommend it in the short term.

The chart shows how the markets have traded as a group for about four months, and the bearish trend line is also trending towards the upside, which shows that momentum is still driving this rally to its high and beyond.

It's very hard to predict where a short term trend line would get to, but that trend line is still in the upper tail of the blue line and is now looking positive. This is still a positive long term trend line, which should allow a short term bullish trend continuation to the upside and make for a great buying opportunity.

The downside of the chart is that even though this line is being pushed down significantly below the 10 year MA, it could still take some time. That said the trend line has been showing significant value during this time horizon of about 14 months. With an 11.6% downside over the next month, I expect the bulls to continue their trend and push it higher, which should continue to put the bull on an upward trajectory.

shut up ulysses I’m going for the yes man ending here

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

SIGSEGV posted:

i think the first time i played i got stabbed to death

probably a better investment than bitcoin though

did you buy a tactical club?

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

CampingCarl posted:

printing money makes the price go up, interesting take coming from bitcoiners

what is this TRON blockchain? i googled it and ended up finding something about a blockchain operating system and i dont get how that has anything to do with tether or how that would work. im sure they dont understand it themselves but for different reasons.

Tron is an ether competitor. Tether is guaranteed by Bitfenix (or the Tether foundation or whatever) but it's "minted" on other blockchains, including ether (the first one it was minted on, hence the punny name) and a few others. Tether doesn't have its own blockchain.

In this case, the tether foundation minted TRON-USDT to the tune of 30M$ and transferred it all to bitfenix.

This is definitely above board and totally not shady.

Beelzebufo fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Oct 27, 2019

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

oh really? huh i thought it was an alternative bcash, weird

amazingly tether is even less real than i thought, which is quite and achievement

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Boxturret posted:

oh really? huh i thought it was an alternative bcash, weird

amazingly tether is even less real than i thought, which is quite and achievement

Tether was minted on the bitcoin blockchain at one time, but it's not it's own alternative. it just exists in part there. (I think actually they may have chainswapped them all out of the bitcoin blockchains)

Look up tether chainswaps for even more levels of stupidity

Beelzebufo fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 27, 2019

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

Boxturret posted:

never go into business with a guy with a name like CARL MARK FORCE IV for you will forever be known as the other guy

His name is Special Agent Shawn Bridges, of the US Secret Service. :911:

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Explained: Chain Swaps

A chain swap is a process that moves cryptocurrencies from one blockchain to another.

This process allows traders to obtain access to the various blockchains that support the cryptocurrency that they are holding, thereby enabling the use of their digital assets on these other supporting blockchains.

For example, as Tether (USDt) is on the Omni, Ethereum, Tron, EOSIO and Liquid blockchains, our clients can obtain access to any of these five blockchains with their USDt holdings. A trader can “swap” the current blockchain that their USDt is operating on to another supporting blockchain, for example Ethereum to Omni.

How does a chain swap work?

For the majority of our clients who wish to swap small amounts of USDt, they can do so on any exchange that supports USDt on the two blockchains they wish to swap between. A valid account on the other exchange is required.

Let’s say a client on Bitfinex wants to perform a chain swap from the Tron blockchain to the Liquid blockchain. He or she would first deposit their USDt on Tron, within the exchange. The client then simply requests a withdrawal of USDt to the destination blockchain, Liquid. As Bitfinex supports both blockchains, this can be completed on the platform within the exchange.

There might be instances when another cryptocurrency exchange approaches us with a chain swap request, as the exchange might have a surplus of funds on one blockchain but a deficit on another blockchain. The exchange will contact us to confirm the initial and destination blockchains that the swapped funds will be moved between.

After confirming receipt of these funds in our treasury wallet on the initial blockchain, the same amount of funds will be sent on the destination blockchain back to the other exchange. The entire process of the chain swap is coordinated and managed with the other exchange until completion.

Why do token burns sometimes happen after a chain swap?

When our clients make a request to chain swap funds that exceed the amount of USDt held in our treasury wallets on the destination blockchain, we have to mint USDt and transfer these tokens to the destination blockchain. After this transfer is completed, we either burn the same amount of USDt tokens on the initial blockchain or retain these tokens in our treasury wallet on the initial blockchain to be used for future chain swaps with our clients.

This process seems like it could never lead to confusion or accounting problems for a firm that supposedly back 1:1 every imaginary pog it produces

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

The Little Death posted:

Explained: Chain Swaps
i love how now matter how stupid cryptocurrency gets there is always new layers of ridiculous schemes. i also like how such a thing is only possible by the equivalent of trusting a central bank.

still amazed the tether house of cards hasnt collapsed yet. really disappointed by the men with guns.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

CampingCarl posted:

i love how now

now?:crossarms:

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

CampingCarl posted:

i love how now matter how stupid cryptocurrency gets there is always new layers of ridiculous schemes. i also like how such a thing is only possible by the equivalent of trusting a central bank.

still amazed the tether house of cards hasnt collapsed yet. really disappointed by the men with guns.

it is as if they forgot they have guns

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

typo of 'no matter'

i have and always will love how

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

maybe this is already here but lol at reuters wording. commies!!

quote:

BEIJING (Reuters) - China’s largely rubber stamp parliament has passed a new law on cryptography as the country gears up to launch its own digital currency, state media reported late on Saturday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-lawmaking/china-passes-cryptography-law-as-gears-up-for-digital-currency-idUSKBN1X600Z?il=0

good for bitcoin! :shrug:

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

crypto is superior because all those central banker fudsters can never print up a billion trillion buttcoins!!!

immediately prints up a billion trillion tethers and declares it good

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIFVlIrd8L0

Cryptosporidium lives in the intestine of infected humans and animals. It is a microscopic parasite that may be found in soil, food, water, or surfaces that have been contaminated with the feces from an infected host. Cryptosporidiosis is the name of the diarrheal disease caused by Cryptosporidium. Both the disease and the parasite are commonly referred to as "Crypto."

An infected person or animal sheds the parasites in their stool. In fact, millions of the parasites can be released in a bowel movement from an infected human or animal. The parasite is protected by an outer shell that allows it to survive outside the body for long periods of time and makes it very resistant to chlorine-based disinfectants.

Crypto can be spread:

• By putting something in your mouth or accidentally swallowing something that has come into contact with waste infected with Crypto.
• By swallowing recreational water contaminated with Crypto.
• By swallowing contaminated water or beverages.
• By eating uncooked food contaminated with Crypto.
• By touching your mouth with contaminated hands.

People in buildings that have suffered from a sanitary sewer overflow or due to a flooding event should be aware of this parasite. Child care workers who change diapers and healthcare workers are also at risk.

The most common symptom of cryptosporidiosis is watery diarrhea. Other symptoms include:

• Stomach cramps or pain
• Dehydration
• Nausea
• Vomiting
• Fever
• Weight loss

Some people with Crypto will have no symptoms at all. While the small intestine is the site most commonly affected, Crypto infections could possibly affect other areas of the digestive tract or the respiratory tract.

These are just a few things to know about Cryptosporidium, to learn more about this or other environmental, health and safety, occupational or indoor environmental issues, please visit the websites shown on the video.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
rip

https://twitter.com/zerononcense/status/1188187298652930049

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

look you can't just say bcash you have to be a bit more specific

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

quote:

Chinese President Xi Jinping said last week that the country should accelerate the development of blockchain technology as a core for innovation.
lomarf

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
traditional chinese finance

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
libertarianism with chinese characteristics

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
phew, good thing we got another last chance to buy bitcoin under 10k, i was getting worried

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I mean I guess I could but Reddit moderation works like a Hollywood production callsheet where anyone who happens to be higher up on the callsheet can override your decisions

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Boxturret posted:

look you can't just say bcash you have to be a bit more specific

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
"Blockchain technology" doesn't mean "cryptocurrency". Considering it's mentioned in context of industrial applications, I assume he's thinking of logistics management et al where Blockchain might be useful (like the stuff IBM is developing).

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Lambert posted:

"Blockchain technology" doesn't mean "cryptocurrency". Considering it's mentioned in context of industrial applications, I assume he's thinking of logistics management et al where Blockchain might be useful (like the stuff IBM is developing).
:crossarms: what is the useful part of the Blockchain stuff IBM is developing? plus the article does say china wants to launch its own cryptocurrency.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

CampingCarl posted:

:crossarms: what is the useful part of the Blockchain stuff IBM is developing? plus the article does say china wants to launch its own cryptocurrency.

It is a very useful tool for distributing value from corporations with more money than reason to consultants with more cunning than scruples. The perfect system, really.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CampingCarl posted:

It's the only way to effectively put blocks on a chain.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

CampingCarl posted:

:crossarms: what is the useful part of the Blockchain stuff IBM is developing?

the bit where it’s just a database is pretty good

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Paladinus posted:

It's the only way to effectively put blocks on a chain.

have they tried brackets and screws?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

CampingCarl posted:

About as useful as anything else IBM is developing

Interesting bit about the cryptocurrency: I read another article on this that didn't put it in that context, puts a different spin on things. But, I guess blockchain is useless for both applications, so good on Xi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Boxturret posted:

have they tried brackets and screws?

Gotta admit, the blockchain is good at screwing people over