Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol. I did not do it, but had to google it to see what happens, and apparently if you shoot the baby, the game warns you a couple of times and kicks you back to the title screen, and a pop up that says "are you serious?" comes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

veni veni veni posted:

Lol. I did not do it, but had to google it to see what happens, and apparently if you shoot the baby, the game warns you a couple of times and kicks you back to the title screen, and a pop up that says "are you serious?" comes up.

I bet they're probably going to leave that statistic out of the infographic...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really wanna see it tbh.

sp00nman
May 14, 2004

All this Christmas spirit is gives me a raging boner!

it shriveled up posted:

Anybody else on PC crashing every couple rounds or so? I've been getting Dev Error 6178 a lot today and can't find anything about that specific error.
I have the exact same issue except dev error 6070.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

Game is pretty good! I have no complaints...except that Piccadilly might be one of the worst maps in franchise history. I have, so far, not played a match of any gamemode in which that map has any redeeming factors.

Seems that Piccadilly and Euphrates Bridge are getting all the hate. I don't mind Piccadilly but holy poo poo Euphrates Bridge is some terrible poo poo. I really like all the other maps I've played so far except maybe Hill in Gunfight.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m sold on Realism. Some other goons got me to reluctantly play it last night and I think I like it better than regular tdm at the moment.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Thanks for that video. Wow, I didn't realise that shield was that strong. So I assume if you just let it hang on your back it'll protect you better against bullets in the back?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
My issue with Piccadilly is that it doesn’t feel balanced well. I would have loved to have the underground tunnels be a full X that crossed under the entire map. The scaffolding side of the map and the retail stores don’t feel balanced. Sight lines feel weird. Not articulating this well but it just feels “off” to me.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

punch drunk posted:

Seems that Piccadilly and Euphrates Bridge are getting all the hate. I don't mind Piccadilly but holy poo poo Euphrates Bridge is some terrible poo poo. I really like all the other maps I've played so far except maybe Hill in Gunfight.

Euphrates Bridge could be entirely fixed by killstreaks called in on a map again instead of via laser designator. The map choice was perfect for breaking chokeholds like the ones that always show up on that map.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

B-b-b-but muh ~realisms~ :qq:

Someone should remind the devs that, while the Alamo and Thermopylae are great stories and history, they're bad examples to base map balance on.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

The games are pretty realistic these days and shaming you for electing to see what it felt like to simulate killing an infant seems fine by me

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Spectracide posted:

The fix for that is to turn the intro movie back on. I...I know.

Oh huh. Yeah that did it.

I reinstalled the game to see if it helps with my random crashes.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Weirdly enough, the only crashes I've had have been trying to start private matches to test out weapons. I also have the black screen after turning off intro movies, but I don't really care.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

veni veni veni posted:

Huh. When I was playing I threw a hand-grenade in the crib and it just came up with the usual "children are non-combatants" or whatever and put me back at the checkpoint.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Oh huh. Yeah that did it.

I reinstalled the game to see if it helps with my random crashes.

Nope. Didn't help. Bummer, guess I gotta wait until they fix this. Seems like I'm not the only one having the issue, too.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Huh. When I was playing I threw a hand-grenade in the crib and it just came up with the usual "children are non-combatants" or whatever and put me back at the checkpoint.

I had that messagehappen when I flashed the room. It only boots you if you do it a bunch of times in a row.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

punch drunk posted:

They can both get you camped real hard. I'm not sure if one is worse than the other.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Statutory Ape posted:

The games are pretty realistic these days and shaming you for electing to see what it felt like to simulate killing an infant seems fine by me

I don’t think anyone said it wasn’t fine? The point of my post is that it’s funny the game gives you poo poo for being a jerk.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It seems like a pretty insane oversight to have maps where snipers get sightlines from spawn to spawn.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I really like Euphrates Bridge. It has some great spots to hunker down with view on and below the bridge. Got my 1st, 2nd and 3d quad kill there. I put the deployable shield in front of you and a couple of claymores behind me and go to town. I use the perk that gives you 2 claymores.

It's not camping, it's tactical play.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Does MP realism have friendly fire?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Finally back to my PC and able to sink my teeth in. First FFA is a rambo-esque lmg power trip, 30k5d win. I think I'm gonna like this

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

John F Bennett posted:

I really like Euphrates Bridge. It has some great spots to hunker down with view on and below the bridge. Got my 1st, 2nd and 3d quad kill there. I put the deployable shield in front of you and a couple of claymores behind me and go to town. I use the perk that gives you 2 claymores.

It's not camping, it's tactical play.

The problem is it has spots where you can cover a choke point and only be vulnerable to a lucky grenade. I like the map except for when I have to attack the bridge, which is a loving mess.

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~

Disposable Scud posted:

I'm not sure the co-op missions are doable even with a fully mic-ed and competent squad.

I'm not sure if they actually playtested them. The mode has tons of potential but the clown-car respawning enemies and juggernauts make it really fuckin difficult. I played with a couple of random groups where everyone had mics and were pretty decent shooters and it was still a shitshow. Also I think parachuting from the 130 magnetically draws you to the closest jugg.

At least you can still level rank & guns in it.

torturemyballs
Feb 25, 2015
Hey, this game is fun. Having a few weird issues on PC but overall me likey

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Generally enjoying this game, having not really played CoD since Black Ops 1. A few questions though.

Regarding the plot, am I to assume based on the post-credits scene that this game takes place after the events of MW1 but before MW2? I don't really remember 1's plot, and I remember Shepard being the baddie in 2, and since the CIA lady mentions him I have to assume he's not gone rogue yet. And the dude who's leading the Al-Qatal (or whatever) looks like the dude from the opening scene of MW2. All this would explain why Price looks so young

Also, I'm pretty loving garbage at this game, but I am getting the worst lag. It always seems to hit in firefights or as soon as I start doing anything other than just running across the map. My internet is pretty decent, and when I search for matched is shows me at like <25 ping, so I don't think it's my side. I'm on PS4, an original model at that, so maybe that's part of it. It's loving annoying though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Black Griffon posted:

Does MP realism have friendly fire?

Nope! It owns

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

veni veni veni posted:

I don’t think anyone said it wasn’t fine? The point of my post is that it’s funny the game gives you poo poo for being a jerk.

Relax kid I wasn't directing gently caress all at you personally, didn't know you even made the remark until now

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Nope! It owns

oh thank god

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Statutory Ape posted:

Relax kid I wasn't directing gently caress all at you personally, didn't know you even made the remark until now

Wow. Touchy much?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

When the glaring colors glitch happens do you gotta restart or anything?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Generally enjoying this game, having not really played CoD since Black Ops 1. A few questions though.

Regarding the plot, am I to assume based on the post-credits scene that this game takes place after the events of MW1 but before MW2? I don't really remember 1's plot, and I remember Shepard being the baddie in 2, and since the CIA lady mentions him I have to assume he's not gone rogue yet. And the dude who's leading the Al-Qatal (or whatever) looks like the dude from the opening scene of MW2. All this would explain why Price looks so young

Also, I'm pretty loving garbage at this game, but I am getting the worst lag. It always seems to hit in firefights or as soon as I start doing anything other than just running across the map. My internet is pretty decent, and when I search for matched is shows me at like <25 ping, so I don't think it's my side. I'm on PS4, an original model at that, so maybe that's part of it. It's loving annoying though.

This game takes place in an alternate universe to the original MW series, so none of that stuff happens

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

John F Bennett posted:

Thanks for that video. Wow, I didn't realise that shield was that strong. So I assume if you just let it hang on your back it'll protect you better against bullets in the back?
It does help some, yes. RS is really good for objective based modes like HQ or dom, using it in TDM is mostly for comedy effect. Pro tier griefing is pairing it with C4, then chucking/airbursting it when people go to reload.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

The stat differences between these two sights sure seem severe.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

why does putting grip tape on the handle slow me down

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

~ Video Games ~ that's why.

Honestly, when have the bars ever been accurate?
I only trust the magnification numbers and the green and red Pros and Cons and that's it.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Capn Beeb posted:

lol at believing any of the stat bars

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Capn Beeb posted:

I’m still annoyed that red dot sights have a slower ADS speed when half the reason they exist is the quicker sight picture.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Its so stupid to me that they show how the optics look but how how the actual crosshair looks. Thats all that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I am enjoying this a bit too much

https://i.gyazo.com/dd13f9902d268f2126b7dc55da17e12f.mp4