Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

OH MY GOD A BOX - MY LIFE IS NOW PERFECT!

A BOX AND A BALL AAAAAA!!!!!!!!

A BOX AND TWO BALLS!?!?!?!?!? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!?!?!?!

*bird explodes with uncontrollable, uncontainable joy*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Source

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I didn't read a page of this thread so if it's already posted then bad luck you need to see cute birbs again.

Australia has some really cute peepers. Like seriously cute. They're little puff balls of colour and energy. You wish that you could rock it this hard.

To start with I'll present the Superb Fair Wren. Not only does it have a kicking rad name, it's also kicking rad. Can you say the same about yourself? I didn't think so.

You need to understand this birb is about the size of the tiny Vegemite jars. Maybe a bit smaller. If that doesn't help then look at your dick, it's a bit bigger than that, so pretty tiny.

Much like all creatures the dude needs to dress up to get laid. Ladies are sexy by default so the dude needs to spend a bunch of points on sexification.

They're super chill around people too. Not quite cuddle up in your sleeping bag chill but definitely sneak up to your foot and snack on a bug chill.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

Inceltown posted:

I didn't read a page of this thread so if it's already posted then bad luck you need to see cute birbs again.

Australia has some really cute peepers. Like seriously cute. They're little puff balls of colour and energy. You wish that you could rock it this hard.

To start with I'll present the Superb Fair Wren. Not only does it have a kicking rad name, it's also kicking rad. Can you say the same about yourself? I didn't think so.

You need to understand this birb is about the size of the tiny Vegemite jars. Maybe a bit smaller. If that doesn't help then look at your dick, it's a bit bigger than that, so pretty tiny.

Much like all creatures the dude needs to dress up to get laid. Ladies are sexy by default so the dude needs to spend a bunch of points on sexification.

They're super chill around people too. Not quite cuddle up in your sleeping bag chill but definitely sneak up to your foot and snack on a bug chill.

Great username for this post. Most male fairy wrens never get to mate, and the females ignore the friend-zoned dudes that help raise her chicks and mate with the dude a few groups away.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

BetterLekNextTime posted:

Great username for this post. Most male fairy wrens never get to mate, and the females ignore the friend-zoned dudes that help raise her chicks and mate with the dude a few groups away.

That’s no birb, that’s a cuckolb.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

BetterLekNextTime posted:

Sorry to hear that you don't understand that having sex with a lady is the only thing that matters in life. Please go explain to forums legend cumshitter why ladies are important to happiness.

I assume that as you didn't post a better birb in retort to my post that you concede defeat but in case you think you can win this battle I present the Silvereye.

The eye isn't actually made of silver but the band around it is. As Australia is very intent on mining all precious metals it would be greatly appreciated if you could keep this little know fact to yourself.

If you ever encounter a Silvereye in the wild understand that they are very violent but are just in search of head rubs. Do not under any circumstances use your hand to rub them but some cotton tips are perfect to keep a safe and respectable distance while quelling their bloodlust.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Inceltown posted:

Superb Fair Wren.

Splendid Fairy Wren

Wanted By Weed
Aug 14, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ariong posted:

That’s no birb, that’s a cuckolb.

The word "cuckold" does directly refer to the cuckoo and its habit of laying its eggs in other birds' nests. Which the unsuspecting parent bird them raises.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

GoldStandardConure posted:

Splendid Fairy Wren

Splendid is OK but it's not Superb. Not going to lie, it's a pretty good bird but in a fight between me + an army of my choosing and a Splendid Fairy Wren it's not going to be a fair fight.

Obviously this is allowing me to bring in an OP character but you're not my real dad so it doesn't matter.

This is the Azure or Eastern Kingfisher. It's better at looking good than you, it's better at eating fish than you and it's also scared more military vets than you. When you see those bad arse fishing birbs gliding across the lake to snatch up a fish you're looking at an amateur. Kingfishers are called that for a reason, they're the king. Talons are for those who don't have the ability to just grab poo poo with their mouth.

I will be at the river junction I last saw a kingfisher at tomorrow at 11am if you want to fight about it. By not being there you admit that your birb choice is bad and wrong.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Hey, western snowy plover lover here. We aren't moving in on your fish turf. We just want the mollusks and marine worms.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

RandomPauI posted:

Hey, western snowy plover lover here. We aren't moving in on your fish turf. We just want the mollusks and marine worms.

Not going to lie. I'd be intimidated by you if Hooded Sand Plovers weren't in my corner. But they are so fight me.

Seriously, these guys nest on the beach. Not a regular beach but one that is directly exposed to the Antarctic swells from the Southern Ocean. How would you feel about going to sleep at night with a decent chance that a wave is not going to just wash your morning vista away but everything you know and love? Would you feel good about it, if so then you're messed up. If you'd sit there and tell the roaring 40's that you don't care that a can of soft drink is bigger than you, you'll not only live there but thrive maybe you'll be half as cool as a Hooded Sand Plover.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Beartaco posted:

The National Aquarium of New Zealand, famous for their Penguin of the Month series has opened the polls for penguin of the year!

I had to vote for Mr Mac, this evil little penguin that steals fish from his blind girlfriend has been on my mind since he popped up on their Instagram feed.

We have a winner!

https://www.nationalaquarium.co.nz/animals-and-fish/penguin-of-the-year/

quote:

In a stunning manoeuvre, Draco has taken the National Aquarium's penguin of year title off her lover Timmy, much like he once took her fish. It cements the pair's reputation as the power couple of the Napier aquarium, and possibly all of Hawke's Bay. Timmy won the inaugural award last year, but this year Draco (arguably the good girl of the penguin cove) campaigned hard.
Draco has a permanent head injury after being hit by a car when crossing the road. At 12 years old, she is one of the oldest inhabitants of Penguin Cove. She recently won good penguin of the month after looking after another penguin's egg, when Burny left it in her burrow. She also stuck up from Timmy when another penguin, Tux, tried to push him off the pier.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12277750

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Hooded Sand Plovers get mad respect. But one of the last Western Snowy Plover nesting sites in California is in my home city, Oxnard. You'll win with your superior numbers (7,900 vs 2,600) but we're a city of boxers. We don't go down without a fight.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

People from the USA think they're tough but understand that the Southern Ocean ate one of Australia's Prime Ministers. Whole. Didn't chew. That's who the Hooded Sand Plover use as a baby sitter.

Obviously not all our birds are that hardcore but some are just pretty awesome. For example there is the Wattle Bird.

There are a number of variants on the Wattle Bird and I won't go into them right now but all of them are awesome. The blood from a wattle tree is like candy to them (and people, it's basically solidified maple syrup) and our chill birds feast on the creatures that live off the blood of the innocent (trees) so please don't step to me because you don't have game.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.
Cuckoos are cool, but look at this cowbird.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Inceltown posted:

Azure or Eastern Kingfisher.

Kookaburra

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

This is no laughing matter.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Inceltown posted:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Thank you kind stranger for the avatar.

Please meet the sassy Willy Wagtail.

e: rehosted

Inceltown has a new favorite as of 20:25 on Oct 25, 2019

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/JVlxLut.mp4

I am so disappointed this one doesn't have sound.

Inceltown posted:

https://i.imgur.com/vXeP5JN.mp4

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Captain Muffin posted:

Fly my pretties!

Russians attach SMS transmitters to 13 Eagles to monitor their migration. They collectively run up over £1000 in roaming charges migrating to India & Saudia Arabia.

Beautiful.

SamsCola
Jun 5, 2009
Pillbug

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

https://i.imgur.com/JVlxLut.mp4

I am so disappointed this one doesn't have sound.

https://youtu.be/OhRfm2NovuU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://i.imgur.com/m85UGP3.mp4

Is there a birb drugs emote?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

:birddrugs:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I just wanted this post quoted because how awesome is that birb

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Inceltown posted:

I just wanted this post quoted because how awesome is that birb

:yeah:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/T6VM410.mp4

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

My tiels do the scratch-over-the-wing thing too, and I'm always a little puzzled at how that is the easiest way to scratch your face, but what do I know, I don't have wings.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

RoboRodent posted:

My tiels do the scratch-over-the-wing thing too, and I'm always a little puzzled at how that is the easiest way to scratch your face, but what do I know, I don't have wings.

They don't know what they're doing, so they're just winging it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/corvidresearch/status/1188279195601788928

https://twitter.com/rise_galaxy/status/1188244784571408384

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Schenectady homeowners crying fowl over neighborhood eyesores - One residential property, called “the Bird House,” vexing Sumner Avenue residents

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

It's that time of the year again!

Vote for your favourite Australian birb in The Australian Bird of the Year 2019 competition!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Helith posted:

It's that time of the year again!

Vote for your favourite Australian birb in The Australian Bird of the Year 2019 competition!

This contest is always a mess. There are a lot of good birbs here but there is a also a lot of bin chicken noise. The never bin chickeners will rile up the never what you say crowd and get the bin chicken in by default.

People who are actually pro specific birb will be drowned out by the anti-anti bin chickeners. Tyranny of the masses is real.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Well this year might be different as the Ibis is currently trailing at #7. Go Sulphur Crested Cockatoo!

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I voted galah.

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Voted wedge tailed eagle but there are so many good birbs to choose from!

Felt lucky to have so many of the ones listed visit my backyard.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Spangled Drongo is probably the bird with the most :australia: name ever.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Kind of surprised that Sulfies get in at #1 because gently caress that noise.

Need something cool like a whip bird tune or even the humble magpie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7VyROoLdiQ

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Inceltown posted:

Kind of surprised that Sulfies get in at #1 because gently caress that noise.

Need something cool like a whip bird tune or even the humble magpie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7VyROoLdiQ

Them and Lorikeets are big, loud and very noticeable so they get lots of attention. They are also all over the cities so every Aussie and every tourist will see them and hear them.
I adore magpies, their song is so beautiful and I love that I hear it every day from my garden along with the pair of Kookaburras that drop in every so often.
I haven’t decided which bird I’m going to vote for yet. Maybe the tawny frogmouth because they’re pretty cool and chill to be around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Helith posted:

Them and Lorikeets are big, loud and very noticeable so they get lots of attention. They are also all over the cities so every Aussie and every tourist will see them and hear them.
I adore magpies, their song is so beautiful and I love that I hear it every day from my garden along with the pair of Kookaburras that drop in every so often.
I haven’t decided which bird I’m going to vote for yet. Maybe the tawny frogmouth because they’re pretty cool and chill to be around.

I had a tawny chilling in the tree near me on a bushwalk the other day. Sitting by the river just after dawn with the stove out boiling water for a cuppa while a tawny settles in for the day is :discourse: