Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

I found out today that they’re no longer stocking decaf coffee beans in store. Not blessed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
I went to costco today :)

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
$10 off these nice Levi's jackets. Sweet christmas buy for the inlaws and father.

Halloween poo poo is just about cleared out. The costumes were just piled on a flat pushcart.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I got the mailer today and they have a deal on a Roomba which I'd love to have. Problem is my floor is littered with stuff. Backpacks, boots, tents, guns, targets, rockets, etc.

I should probably clear my floor so I could buy my own personal death robot.

It takes a bit but once you get it set up and in the habit of keeping stuff off the floor it's a great timesaver. You still have to do occasional vacuuming/cleaning and such, but it's great for maintenance cleaning. As a plus it motivates you to keep your floor clear of crap too!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I have been thinking of a Roomba type robovac too, do they navigate between rooms or do you gotta move them? Our LR is two steps down so would have to shunt it around a bit.

Any goon recommend models?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
So the Kirkland prosecco is dece?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

priznat posted:

I have been thinking of a Roomba type robovac too, do they navigate between rooms or do you gotta move them? Our LR is two steps down so would have to shunt it around a bit.

It depends. I liken them to a small child or a pet. It is magnetically attracted to stuff it shouldn’t be vacuuming up and if there is any chance it can reach a place it will get stuck, it will find it. They can wander a fairly long distance, but if there isn’t any easy way back to the charging station they might not find it.

If have one of the “dumb” models that essentially just covers a room randomly. There are supposedly smarter models that will try to keep a map of your rooms but I’m not convinced that would really be a benefit. It’s not so much a vacuum (the vacuum itself is tiny) as an automated roller brush. Best case is that you run it on the same area multiple times per week in which case it will keep it fairly clean.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

priznat posted:

Roomba specifically uses some kind of random pathing and bounces erratically around. The first time it runs might be frustrating, because it will leave some patches completely uncovered even while going over the same area multiple times. However, over the long term (as in it runs every day) it will cover just about everything. They deliberately programmed in some kind of random walk function, because all sorts of problems resulted when they tried having it plot the room it's in and map out obstacles.

So to answer your question, ours does a pretty good job covering four-five rooms of mixed hardwood/rug flooring, and often makes it all the way to the kitchen where it has to go through at least two "doorways" to get there. Depending on your floor layout you probably want to put it as close to center as you can, but it should do a decent job most of the time.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

shovelbum posted:

So the Kirkland prosecco is dece?

It's fine, but I always mix it in to a mimosa. I'm not sure how much you would want to just drink straight.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

ixo posted:

I went to costco today :)

Same. I thought having a slice of pizza beforehand would save me from hungryshopping but lol no still spent $250.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
I feel like $200 is the standard Costco trip.

My disappointment is that they didn't have King Arthur flour. Not blessed.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Alarbus posted:

They're undergoing a recall right now:

https://www.kingarthurflour.com/voluntaryrecall

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Awkward.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Alarbus posted:

Spent $350 at church this week :(

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Kirkland prosecco is not dece. It bad.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

AKZ posted:

its actually extremely blessed

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I highly recommend this. I took a trip to Portland from Kirkland, WA with my wife at the time in about 2007-2008 and it was great. At the time we couldn't find decent cheese curds at the local stores and it was really expensive. Well we stopped at the Tillamook factory (we planned it) and picked up super fresh cheese curds. They were squeaky which is the exact way you want them.

I'm from Wisconsin and Tillamook cheese is top notch. I'm spoiled here but Tillamook is still one of the best cheeses I've had.

:discourse:

None of the Wisconsintites I have ever talked to have been willing to admit this and I feel incredibly gratified that you will.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

AKZ posted:

I have never had good luck with Kirkland alcohol. The beer is so bad that my father in law who actually likes Ham's and Busch tried to give a nearly full case to me. The prosecco is also bad. I tried some Sangria once which sucked.

Costco does have some good wines, but they are from real vineyards and not Kirkland branded.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I housed half a bottle of Kirkland prosecco while sad in a hotel bathroom. 10/10 would do that again.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I picked up some Kerry Gold butter about 30 months ago and since that time we haven't purchased another brand once. It's incredibly good butter. My daughter tries to steal the butter log all the time and eat directly from it. Eat big, get big.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

therobit posted:

I have never had good luck with Kirkland alcohol.

I've got the kirkland single malt and I would buy it again.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The Kirkland dark spiced rum and blended canadian whiskey are both pretty great for the price.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

I've bought the kirkland vodka, bourbon, scotch, gin, and rum and its all been good.

The less said about 48 packs of Kirkland lite the better.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I blacked out on Kirkland Prosecco at a funeral/memorial reception (it was the only thing they served.) Don't do it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

I blacked out on Kirkland Prosecco at a funeral/memorial reception (it was the only thing they served.) Don't do it.

yikes how was that hangover

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Kinda bummed out they stop making the Kirkland lite only because I wanted to buy it for novelty. 48 beers for like 16 bucks? Jesus christ

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

therobit posted:

None of the Wisconsintites I have ever talked to have been willing to admit this and I feel incredibly gratified that you will.

We're just desperate to be know for something other than subsidizing empty Foxconn facilities.

Also I've been desperate to find a good precooked rice to go with the curry packets I eat at work and sure as poo poo, Costco has me covered. The VeeTee basmati rice is really quite good.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Kinda bummed out they stop making the Kirkland lite only because I wanted to buy it for novelty. 48 beers for like 16 bucks? Jesus christ

Perhaps they are changing the formula for a relaunch? Hope springs eternal, PBUC.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
My 48 pk of beer turned out to be 48 hot dogs!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

My Costco only seems to carry my brand of cat litter half the time I go. The Kirkland brand is there every time, but the other brand is there one week, gone the next, then returns a week or two later.

Very frustrating!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

It is terrible, but nothing that cheap will be good. Still fine if you don't give a poo poo about the taste and just want beer.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

My mailer just came and they have fancy electric toothbrushes 2/$60something which is a hell of a deal so I'm upgrading and giving the other one to my partner bc he's an overbrusher

deepspace.io
Aug 5, 2015
The Kirkland Signature Speyside 20 Year Scotch is hard to pass on. P good value

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

FCKGW posted:

My Costco only seems to carry my brand of cat litter half the time I go. The Kirkland brand is there every time, but the other brand is there one week, gone the next, then returns a week or two later.

Very frustrating!

Have you tried only going on the weeks it's in stock?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

yikes how was that hangover

I climbed in the casket and had them bury me too.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

number 1 snake fan posted:

My mailer just came and they have fancy electric toothbrushes 2/$60something which is a hell of a deal so I'm upgrading and giving the other one to my partner bc he's an overbrusher

the only electric toothbrushes to buy are sonicare (and they rule)

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Alarbus posted:

Awkward.

And we're discussing the recall and e coli outbreak in my food safety class tonight!

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

FCKGW posted:

Very frustrating!

I won't use scented litter and the only stuff they carry at my location is scented Scoop Away. I've never even seen Kirkland cat litter.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Inspector 34 posted:

Have you tried only going on the weeks it's in stock?

Unfortunately the volume of cat poo poo is usually what determines our litter schedule

Fashionably Great posted:

I won't use scented litter and the only stuff they carry at my location is scented Scoop Away. I've never even seen Kirkland cat litter.

It’s not Kirkland brand now that I recall, it’s something called Simply Purrfect that kinda sucks.

https://www.simplypurrfectlitter.com/

We usually get the Scoop Away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Simply Purrfect sucks. I tried pretty much everything and the best one I have found is “worlds best cat litter”. It’s a bit more spendy but it is drat effective at keeping smells down.