Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Boomers love to complain about their cable bill but never actually cut it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

remote controls
somewhere in every boomer home there is a space containing at least six remote controls with no batteries
no one knows what they control

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Framboise posted:

It was a lousy time of my life (I have no idea how boomers pine for those years, I was miserable), and revisiting it would have sucked anyway.

Drunk driving, teenage pregnancy, and cigs at a quarter a pack. It was the apex of teenage debauchery so of course they had fun.

I really think it is impossible to quantify how much Boomers loved to drive drunk. MADD was considered radical in the 1980’s for asking people not to do it.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
“Lobster butter”

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Krispy Wafer posted:

Drunk driving, teenage pregnancy, and cigs at a quarter a pack. It was the apex of teenage debauchery so of course they had fun.

I really think it is impossible to quantify how much Boomers loved to drive drunk. MADD was considered radical in the 1980’s for asking people not to do it.

My short time in OKC leads me to believe that boomers still quite enjoy their drunk driving.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Drunk Bumper Car night, could be a profitable business.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Grape posted:

Ah, Irish Catholic.

Could just as easily be Scandinavian Lutherans

edit: wait wtf, the only people with more feelings than irish catholics are italian catholics

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

“Lobster butter”

Is that butter for lobsters or butter that is lobstery in and of itself?

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
I knew someone who would microwave a bowl of butter and just drink it. I don't know if this is typical of boomers or just psychopaths but I choose to believe yes

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

R.L. Stine posted:

I knew someone who would microwave a bowl of butter and just drink it. I don't know if this is typical of boomers or just psychopaths but I choose to believe yes

Maybe they got a popcorn hull stuck under their gums once and never want to repeat the experience.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Grape posted:

Ah, Irish Catholic.

How ever did you guess?

R.L. Stine posted:

That's some disgusting fall of Rome poo poo right there.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm starting to understand Ra's Al Ghul.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The only people who actually justifiably consume butter in large amounts are Everest Sherpas coming to clean boomer corpses off their sacred mountain

Ride the boomers down as a corpse sled I say

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Beachcomber posted:

Is that butter for lobsters or butter that is lobstery in and of itself?

Butter made from lobster milk.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Butter made from lobster milk.

They always looked too squiggly to milk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcmq---FdOg

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Framboise posted:

It was a lousy time of my life (I have no idea how boomers pine for those years, I was miserable), and revisiting it would have sucked anyway.
Once on a whim I got invited to a "2 year reunion" to my high school by an ex-girlfriend and I was bored af at home for a holiday, so I said "gently caress it" and went. Absolute dumpster fire of an idea. It was nothing but college sophomores trying to one-up each other and teachers being :smug: af.

bobjr posted:

Boomers love to complain about their cable bill but never actually cut it.
No no no, you see if you spend 4 hours on the phone and threaten to switch providers you can get a better deal for that landline phone + premium cable package you never actually use and still get only 25 Mbps down. You just don't know how to negotiate.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

“my father was in italy during World War II, he had to eat olives. they were still green”

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I actually went to my ten year high school anniversary. I found the experience pretty fun,in spite of having a really unpleasant high school experience. I dunno, I guess knowing it was ten years behind you is helpful. That and periodically learning that the people who tormented me badly in high school all committed suicide or died of drug overdoses over the years.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

“Lobster butter”

How is this boomer-y. If you eat a steamed lobster, the butter is absolutely a thing to go with it.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Oct 28, 2019

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Yeah as a New England native, that's traditional/standard as heck. Not just something Midwestern chain restaurants do or whatever.

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?
The movie "something's gotta give" Go read the plot synopsis and immediately realize why boomers bought this movie in droves when it came out on DVD.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shamino posted:

The movie "something's gotta give" Go read the plot synopsis and immediately realize why boomers bought this movie in droves when it came out on DVD.

What the gently caress is going on with this movie

Nicholson is dating some 25 year old, then falls in love with her mom and the mom is totally on board with being dick sisters with her own daughter, while she ignores Keanu Reeves, who wants to get with her?

Fuuuuuuuuck this

Also, why was Nicholson a sex symbol during that time period? I remember being dragged to have to see As Good As It Gets, and it was fuckin’ boring as hell.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i run a landscaping company and boomers like to call me thinking im their municipal forestry department. actually is quite a loss for me because it'll take them like 3-5 minutes of long winded poo poo to explain their needs, and then they get mad at me when I explain that i'm not the City and I can't just prune and treat trees in a city park

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

When class officer elections were held in high school, many of them ran on the campaign that a) this position somehow extended beyond high school and b) because of eternally being class treasurer that our reunions would be the best ever. The person who won the presidency on that type of campaign now lives 1,000 miles away. Thankfully, no one else seems to care to organize a reunion, either. This was one of the milestone years.

Or maybe they have and didn't bother trying to contact me. That scenario is even better.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
I had my wife send back a high school reunion invitation with a note that I'd been shot to death in a botched liquor store robbery. I don't really give a gently caress if someone believed it or not, but at least they don't bother sending them any more.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

dee eight posted:

I had my wife send back a high school reunion invitation with a note that I'd been shot to death in a botched liquor store robbery. I don't really give a gently caress if someone believed it or not, but at least they don't bother sending them any more.

Did the note imply you were the one robbing the store?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

dee eight posted:

When are you traditionally supposed to do a reunion? I've never received any invites and it's been 20 years.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
I did not go to my 10-year reunion, and it seems like only about 5 people attended and they all still live in my hometown so definitely dodged a bullet there

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
My dad's ex, who was married at the time, went to her reunion and hosed the former star QB and bragged about it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

rotinaj posted:

Also, why was Nicholson a sex symbol during that time period? I remember being dragged to have to see As Good As It Gets, and it was fuckin’ boring as hell.

Nicholson's best movie outside of The Shining is "The Witches of Eastwick" because his sleazy sex appeal and ability to seduce in spite of a woman's better judgment is a major plot point.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Say what you want about Nicholson, but he was pulling women 40 years younger IRL at that time.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm not throwing shade. Dude has charisma to burn and it was really smart of the movie to explore that kind-of man who can get beautiful, intelligent women to throw themselves under him. Almost any other actor at that time wouldn't have been able to pull it off. It turns to poo poo in the third act but the first two are really quite good.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

RC and Moon Pie posted:

When class officer elections were held in high school, many of them ran on the campaign that a) this position somehow extended beyond high school and b) because of eternally being class treasurer that our reunions would be the best ever. The person who won the presidency on that type of campaign now lives 1,000 miles away. Thankfully, no one else seems to care to organize a reunion, either. This was one of the milestone years.

Or maybe they have and didn't bother trying to contact me. That scenario is even better.

We had a group in our class that were really smart, made all As but were total class clowns. Around 10th grade we all knew "conduct grades" were bull poo poo and would not keep you out of getting accepted to any school. Now the kids weren't too bad I guess but what can you really say when a 11th or 12th grade kids are getting all As in Advance program classes? This pissed off one of our counselors to no end. She had tried calling the parents of the "ring leaders" but was met with "My kid gets all As and who cares if he's a smart rear end? Stop calling me at work for bullshit".

So 12th class elections roll around and this group decides to run for office and wins all seats. Of course we want the party people in charge of planning prom, homecoming, etc. So the Counselor (a Boomer) basically told us the election was rigged or someone cheated because there's no way these people should have won.

"THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT WILL PLAN YOUR REUNIONS!!!", she screamed from the stage and all we did was laugh. A few days later a new ballot was handed out and this time there was a new group attached. Except these kids were ones that hardly ever spoke in class, much less to each other but they somehow won in a landslide.

Live Free posted:

I did not go to my 10-year reunion, and it seems like only about 5 people attended and they all still live in my hometown so definitely dodged a bullet there

My class had a 10 year but I didn't got and I don't think most did. For our 20 year there was a facebook group but you had 4 or 5 people trying to wrestle control of the event and every idea was horrible. I think it was eventually held on a Friday night, in town. From the pictures I saw, 8 people showed up. One guy commented, "That was so fun! Let's do it every year!"

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Beachcomber posted:

yes absolutely

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Leon Einstein posted:

Say what you want about Nicholson, but he was pulling women 40 years younger IRL at that time.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Yeah, I know how gross he was. The point is that he still could pull young women.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I missed my 10 year reunion because I was unemployed and living in Kansas, so I couldn't really afford to fly back to Seattle.

The 20 was this year and I missed it because my roommate was having surgery, and someone needed to stay home and watch the cats.

As the years go on, I kinda want to see what happened to some of these people, but on the other hand, they mostly sucked anyway. I guess the organizer for the 20 tried to get my info from my friend, and I told him to tell them I died; he didn't tell them I died.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Leon Einstein posted:

Yeah, I know how gross he was. The point is that he still could pull young women.

Do you think using riches and/or fame to date women way too young for him is a unique quality to jack nicholson or what

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Senior Dog posted:

Do you think using riches and/or fame to date women way too young for him is a unique quality to jack nicholson or what
I think you're confused about this conversation. It was in regards to a movie where he had way younger love interest and I merely pointed out that it wasn't unrealistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Grape posted:

lol saying "everyone but my generation sucks" just means you're a Boomer in progress.

it was clearly a joke about that ridiculous boomer comic, not a serious statement of policy

Beachcomber posted:

More fun to leave that part ambiguous. Were you the gunman? The getaway driver? An innocent bystander or the cashier? They'll never know