Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I just don't see the point in reading ahead only to be back to waiting for weekly releases. Now if I could pay to see into the future and read the entire series that would be worth 50 cents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Brought To You By posted:

I just don't see the point in reading ahead only to be back to waiting for weekly releases. Now if I could pay to see into the future and read the entire series that would be worth 50 cents.

I imagine the main reason is a particular cliffhanger left you wanting more and there was a cheap, paid option to satisfy that impulse.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
I use the fast pass because it not only lets me read ahead but also it’s one of the few ways I’ve found that supports the author financially.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Brownieftw posted:

Same. And now I'm not sure if I can avoid doing it repeatedly because otherwise it's almost a month for a new chapter. :negative:

oh dang i never considered that; that's clever as hell

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Furious Lobster posted:

I use the fast pass because it not only lets me read ahead but also it’s one of the few ways I’ve found that supports the author financially.

yeah like who knows what cut he gets from it but its so cheap idc

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Its up... and LIT

It seems the red thyrssa absorbed dooms power and used it to heal itself? enhance itself? either ways that's a nice twist to the power jammed into you problem

Rak THREW THE SPEAR

All kinds of other poo poo as well

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I need some ... new 'Power :smugjones:
Rak is always cool though

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Not gonna lie, I almost stopped reading for good at that point

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Shugojin posted:

Evankhell? The one from hell?

evan k hell

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Ubiquitus posted:

Not gonna lie, I almost stopped reading for good at that point

just think of baam as mega man and the power ups don't seem so weird!

anyhow i posted this one the tog reddit in response to someone wanting to see baam go edgelord and it sort of fits:

quote:

I don't think it will go down like that, but Baam has a really intense reaction to the death of anyone he cares about (eg, Wagnan being afraid to tell him about the death of Prince and Akraptor), and he's plunging into a war. He's not going to be able to protect everyone, and sooner or later someone he's close to is going to die in front of him.

I think the direction it's going is related to the idea that he's meant to curse and devour the whole Tower. I think his desire to protect everyone is the potential emotional catalyst for that- he'll be tempted to try to do that literally, while his immense ability to absorb spiritual entities (souls, administrators, knowledge, power, spirits, demons, etc) seems to set up the means to attempt it in a very literal and horrifying fashion.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-30/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=448

In this episode Yama goes super saiyan

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
SIU's getting much better at portraying fights on multiple levels. Khun freaking out about all the crazy poo poo going on around him was great!

I thought everything looked really clear this chapter, especially all of the large scale shots.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

He said it was just the start...

I am hoping the bones keep forming into a skull then a full dog monster kaiju.

Also apparently APPARENTLY the elephant for evankhell and the elder's bull are more like summons than just a part of them?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I had totally forgotten the explanation but I guess they're these: https://towerofgod.fandom.com/wiki/Native_One

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Sindai posted:

I had totally forgotten the explanation but I guess they're these: https://towerofgod.fandom.com/wiki/Native_One

So it's not out or the realm of possibility that Bam will end up eating Rak and then summon his likeness as an ancient power like Evankhell and the elder are doing.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Rak will be able to summon himself

However, small size Rak will only be able to summon regular size Rak and regular size will summon big size Rak

Big size Rak will summon an even bigger Rak and so forth. It's Leaders all the way up!

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-31/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=449

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Evenkhall: "Baam, stop being stubborn and use your Kaioken x1000 + SSJB and just win the fight for gently caress's Sake there are lives on the line"

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Who's that guy Baam is flashing back to?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Sindai posted:

Who's that guy Baam is flashing back to?

He's one of the dudes Evankhell sent Baam to go train with.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I unironically love that we have two “This isn’t even my final form” fights going on simultaneously.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Ethiser posted:

I unironically love that we have two “This isn’t even my final form” fights going on simultaneously.

I also like that the Elder is both *eh chump* at Yama while also "how the hell am I going to drag his army over to go save my... whatever their relationship. If he keeps delaying me"

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

gently caress, gotta resist the temptation to buy myself past this cliffhanger so I don't get stuck having paid for the next one.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

nimby posted:

gently caress, gotta resist the temptation to buy myself past this cliffhanger so I don't get stuck having paid for the next one.

Don't do it. It's a trap, if you do it this week you'll have to do it the next, and the next, until the cliffhangers stop!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It's not very much and hopefully siu gets a reasonable cut from it. Probably not but I have no way of knowing

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

AtomikKrab posted:

He's one of the dudes Evankhell sent Baam to go train with.

I had to re read this as I don't remember it but I go and see it and its there. When I read this in the fast pass, it ended when the thorn came out. whats up with that.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

you just have a bad memory because i remember this

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Yeah that flashback poo poo definitely wasn’t in the 3 weeks early version. Time to start saving my 50 cents again

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
I knew I couldnt be the only one, that's why the top comment is what it is, that cliffhanger should be illegal.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Chappy:
https://m.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-32/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=450

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

drat that's a big cat

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I wish it was the cat who was squadron commander.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I am kinda glad the Elder is living up to the hype they made for him.

Also Yama gonna be mad when those Jahad ships panic fire on him.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Cat vs dog was bound to happen. Especially since that guy is the one that cursed the three brothers in the first place.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!
It might be in a later comic, but I noticed that cat dude's hands are backwards. A nice touch, since that's a sign someone is a rakshasha.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hodgepodge posted:

just think of baam as mega man and the power ups don't seem so weird!

anyhow i posted this one the tog reddit in response to someone wanting to see baam go edgelord and it sort of fits:

Baam becoming an antagonist later would unironically be an interesting place to take the plot (and would basically make his ludicrous abilities change from a tension-draining gimmick to a challenge to overcome), with some of the side characters taking a more central role in response (someone like Ja Wangnan comes to mind).

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Hodgepodge posted:

It might be in a later comic, but I noticed that cat dude's hands are backwards. A nice touch, since that's a sign someone is a rakshasha.

you can see his hands in this fast pass chapter clearly and it doesn't seem to be like this? not entirely sure what you mean though

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Jose posted:

you can see his hands in this fast pass chapter clearly and it doesn't seem to be like this? not entirely sure what you mean though

I think it was the first full shot of him, but I could have just been misreading the image.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-33/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=451

God bless your infinite bullshit, Baam.

Also kind of a big deal at the end there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Gado proving that talking is a free action.
Yama proving his trigger word is Jahad