Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

mary had a little clam posted:

I have Shudder though Amazon. Does anyone know if I'll get to participate in the Joe Bob Special tonight at 9pm EST or is that exclusive to Shudder qua Shudda

Amazon doesn't do the live stuff, as far as I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Timby posted:

Amazon doesn't do the live stuff, as far as I know.

That’s a huge bummer.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

I have Shudder though Amazon. Does anyone know if I'll get to participate in the Joe Bob Special tonight at 9pm EST or is that exclusive to Shudder qua Shudda

Can’t you just log into the Shudder app?

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

nate fisher posted:

I tried and wasn’t able.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

nate fisher posted:

nope they are 100% separate entities and an account is not shared. it's super annoying

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Dolemite is My Name was loving great. Wonderful cast, and Eddie Murphy at his best and most likeable in years.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
What are the essential korean tv shows/movies from the crop that are on Netflix right now? I always see the thumbnails when I'm browsing but it's tough to gauge their quality now the reviews are gone. I don't really care about genre, just quality.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

For any of you nostalgic old folks like me, The Monster Squad is on Hulu!

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Chas McGill posted:

What are the essential korean tv shows/movies from the crop that are on Netflix right now? I always see the thumbnails when I'm browsing but it's tough to gauge their quality now the reviews are gone. I don't really care about genre, just quality.

Kingdom is a decent enough historical drama that happens to have zombies in it.

I started out enjoying Black, but they end up really padding out the plot, so it gets really convoluted near the end. Also it ends with the worst old person make-up I have ever seen.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

10 Beers posted:

For any of you nostalgic old folks like me, The Monster Squad is on Hulu!

Hell yeah! Watched that last night.

Also, repeating what others have said Dolemite Is My Name was really really good

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Ammanas posted:

Really? I thought it was incredibly dull and didn't reward viewers with its sluggish pace. The idea was fine and there are 2 interesting moments in the film, the rest is just a slog of idiot assholes.

Ending was lazy but otherwise thought it was a great slow burn. I'm a sucker for atmospheric horror though, I loved Mike Flanagan's Absentia when I saw it and that was similarly roasted on here.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Watched The Invitation last night and...meh? I read a blurb that said “don’t know anything going into it!” Like there was going to be some huge twist. Also it just looked ugly, the lighting felt really off. Some decent performances though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I liked it but it’s definitely got that straight to video visual vibe going on.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

The Invitation gets a pass on its made-for-TV cinematography by having a final shot so good it'll stick with you for years.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
My Name is Dolemite was good fun. Eddie Murphy was great and I didn't think Wesley Snipes could steal the movie like that.

In a weird way Rudy Ray's ceaseless ambition and drive is like a nice version of Lou Bloom from Nightcrawler , odd comparison but it's what I kept thinking while watching.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Just finished watching Daybreak, which turned out to be pretty decent, definitely better than it had any right to be for the concept of "teen cliques in a post apocalyptic zombie California".

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

garycoleisgod posted:

My Name is Dolemite was good fun. Eddie Murphy was great and I didn't think Wesley Snipes could steal the movie like that.

In a weird way Rudy Ray's ceaseless ambition and drive is like a nice version of Lou Bloom from Nightcrawler , odd comparison but it's what I kept thinking while watching.

Haha, I kinda got some Lou Bloom vibes too, but a lot less sociopathic. The movie was incredibly fun and a return to form for Murphy.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

nope they are 100% separate entities and an account is not shared. it's super annoying

iirc they're the same price so it's insanely obnoxious that you have to decide between integration with the streaming service you actually use and content they only publish on their trash-tier web service/app

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 27, 2019

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

garycoleisgod posted:

Yeah Murphy and Snipes are fantastic in this. For those interested the original 1975 Dolemite film is on Prime.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Snipes absolutely steals the show for me. Not at all the performance I was expecting to see out of him.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

pahuyuth posted:

Yeah Murphy and Snipes are fantastic in this. For those interested the original 1975 Dolemite film is on Prime.

On that note, anyone know if Disco Godfather is streaming anywhere?

It was on Netflix about five or six years back, but...

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
This probably surprises nobody by now, but the first half of the last season of Bojack Horseman is loving great. As laugh-out-loud funny, viscerally emotional, and tragically relatable as it's been in each season until now, with one of the most effective mid-season cliffhangers I've seen in a while.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Some new info about HBO Max: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-media-at-t-hbo-max-focus/behind-atts-plan-to-take-on-netflix-apple-and-disney-with-hbo-max-idUSKBN1X4163

Highlights:

-Will be free (initially?) to AT&T customers who get HBO. This means that people who get HBO free through their ATT cell plan get Max for free.

-They will launch an ad supported version at a lower cost in 2021. It will also start live programming at this time.

-October 29 they will officially announce pricing along with more details.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Goliath season 3 is better than the [terrible] second one. It's western-themed and not particularly ambitious but the acting is solid and the characters are fun. It does seem to follow the unfortunate pattern of having a female antagonist who is absolutely bugfuck insane which is disappointing.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Quaid and Brennaman were like a bizzaro version of the Resnicks.

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/2244951-181/la-billionaires-sued-over-central

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

TheManWithNoName posted:

Watched The Invitation last night and...meh? I read a blurb that said “don’t know anything going into it!” Like there was going to be some huge twist. Also it just looked ugly, the lighting felt really off. Some decent performances though.

I loved it personally. There's a never ending sense of doom to the whole movie that I liked, no matter how much fun everyone is having at the party there's always an uneasiness going on.

And the ending was fuckin great I thought :redflag:

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

Chas McGill posted:

Movie:
Train to Busan is a really good zombie movie.

I've heard really good things about Rampart and Burning.

TV:
Kingdom
Memories of the Alhambra <--interesting concept, but the main character isn't super likable.

kind of sad Strong Woman Do Bong Soon isn't on netflix anymore. It was cute.

If you have Hulu and Amazon Prime, I have a few more suggestions.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Train to Busan is really good

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:

Chas McGill posted:

I have Canadian Netflix so I'm not too sure what would be available to you, but here's a super informal list I made years ago to recommend Korean movies to friends. They're mostly all really enjoyable unless it says otherwise. Hopefully this is ok to post:

**Gangster**

1. A Bittersweet Life -Good gangster action movie
2. A Dirty Carnival -Gangster foot soldier does some things and kills some dudes. Very good.
3. Rough Cut -Gangster agrees to act in an rear end in a top hat’s movie, but the catch is he demands that they shoot the action scenes for real.
4. My Wife is a Gangster -Mediocre
5. Friend -Coming of age, very good.
6. Sunflower -Dude gets out of jail and doesn’t want to be involved in crime at all anymore. Everyone is scared shitless of him and thinks he’s planning something. Really good, the end pays off well.
7. The Show Must Go On (Kang-Ho Song) -Gangster tries to make enough cash to get out of the gangsta business, good movie.
8. New World -Cop joins the biggest gang, becomes second in command. Gang leader dies, power vacuum is created, he has to decide whether he wants to be a gangsta or a cop. Really enjoyed it.
9. Bloody Tie -Gangster starts leaking info to a cop about a gang that killed his friend. Don’t really remember much else so it was probably not that great.
10. No. 3 -About a bunch of different storylines intersecting or something, saw it a while ago. Think it’s comedy too. Liked it.
11. Sarang/ A Love -I was drunk. I don’t remember.

**Crime**

1. Memories of Murder -Police procedural/thrillery/mystery, one of the top Korean movies and influential as well.
2. Children -(Very good) Based on a real event, some kids go missing and this professor and reporter start trying to solve it, really really good movie.
3. The Chaser -Absolute hands down favourite Korean, Suspense.
4. The Yellow Sea -From the same director/actors as the chaser, but was mediocre).
5. City of Violence -Two bros raise hell trying to find out who killed their friend. Action, pretty good fight scenes.
6. World of Silence -About a photographer who is suspected in serial killing kids or something. Was okay I guess. .
7. Mother -Same director who did memories of murder. Woman’s mentally handicapped son is arrested for murder, she doesn’t think he did it and sets out to solve the murder herself.
8. Secret Reunion -About an ex south and ex north korean spy teaming up for something. Was okay
9. Countdown -Dude who needs a liver transplant makes a deal with a woman in prison for once she’s released, but she gets released and a bunch of people are after her.
10. Pieta -A brutal debt collector gets his outlook changed when a woman appears claiming to be his mother.
11. A Confession of Murder A man claiming to be a famous serious killer emerges just as the statute of limitations runs out. Was alright.

**Revenge**

1. Mr. Vengeance -Didn’t like as much (Part 1 of Vengeance trilogy. DIFFERENT STORIES)
2. Oldboy -Part 2 of vengeance trilogy
3. Lady Vengeance -Part 3. Can’t remember much, stars a girl trying to find a guy who did bad things to her or something .
4. I Saw the Devil -Spy vs Serial Killer.
5. The Man from Nowhere -Almost the same plot as Taken but 10x better. Good knife fights.

**Comedy**

1. The Foul King -Wrestling comedy, quite good. Have to use AsiaTorrents to get it. Kang-Ho Song
2. My Sassy Girl -Also part Rom-Com, but really really good and hilarious
3. The Host -Monster movie, Kang-Ho Song
4. The Quiet Family -Dark comedy, family buys hotel, people keep dying, they just keep burying the bodies. Kang-Ho Song and Min-Sik Choi
5. Welcome to Dongmakgol -South and North Korean soldiers are stranded in a remote village during the Korean war, must cooperate. Funny and well shot
6. The King and the Clown -A group of jesters have to keep putting on shows for a crazy king, also part drama but really good
7. I’m A Cyborg, But That’s OK -Didn’t like this one much, didn’t even finish
8. Guns and Talks -Group of assassins doing assassin stuff, really good and lots of actors from other movies
9. Attack the Gas Station -Group of friends decide to rob a gas station, station doesn’t have much money so they run the station for a night to take the money. Things go bad and what not)
10. Castaway on the Moon -Man stuck on a deserted island in the middle of a city. Very good, comedy.
11. The Good, The Bad, The Weird -Western, 3 of the biggest Korean stars (Kang-Ho Song, Byung-Hun Lee and a guy
12. YMCA Baseball -Kang-Ho Song, about a Korean baseball team
13. Hello Ghost -Dude can suddenly see 4 ghosts who won’t go away until he fulfills their last requests.
14. The President’s Last Bang: -Black comedy about the immediate aftermath of the president’s assassination.
15. The President’s Barber -Comedy about a barber who becomes the president’s barber and important korean moments thru his eyes. Kang-Ho Song.
16. The Thieves: -Bunch of Koreans and I think Japanese thieves team up to pull of a big heist. Pretty hollywood type movie, p good.
17. Big Bang -Really by the books straight edge dude gets arrested for something minor, decides gently caress it if im going to jail I might as well enjoy it and go to jail for a long time. Goes on a hilarious rampage with another petty criminal. Recommended
18. Going By the Book: -By the book cop gets chosen by new police chief to stage a fake bank robbery for the cops to use as practice. Turns out he’s really good at it and takes it very seriously. Really good.
19. Arahan: -About a cop who discover he has martial arts powers or something. One of those CGI fighting movies. Was aight if you like that stuff.
20. Art Of Fighting -Highschool bully fodder starts getting fightin lessons from some ex champion or something.
21. Kick the Moon -In highschool there was a gangster kid and a straight arrow kid. 10 Years later the straight arrow kid is a gangster and the gangster is a highschool gym teacher. They start fighting over a woman.

**Drama**
1. JSA AKA Joint Security Area: -Kang-Ho Song, Bittersweet Life guy and some other big stars, 2 north and south Korean soldiers stationed on opposite sides of a river start becoming friends. Bad things happen.
2. Secret Sunshine -Did not like. Lady’s son dies, she spends the next 2 hours of the movie crying and being boring.
3. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring...: -Drama about a monk or something, more an art house film, very little dialogue, shot incredibly. Found boring.
4. Crying Fist -Really good boxing movie that stars Oldboy guy.
5. Failan -Woman comes to Korea and wants to stay so she marries a washed up gangster who agrees to it cause he’s short on cash. Stars Oldboy guy and I thought it was meh.
6. Breathless aka poo poo Fly -Brutal movie about a super rear end in a top hat debt collector who befriends a highschool girl. About domestic violence and the cycle of abuse mostly.
7. Painted Fire/Strokes of Fire -Historical drama starring oldboy about an rear end in a top hat painted who changed the direction of korean art in the nineteenth century.

**WAR**

1. Silmido: -A bunch of Korean criminals are turned into soldiers getting trained for a suicide mission to kill the North Korean leader. Really good and actually happened, including the end.
2. Taegukgi -Two brothers fight in the korean war, good and well known internationally.
3. The Front Line -Dude is sent to a hill the north and south korean army are continually fighting over and changing ownership over every like day, to investigate a suspicious death of an officer. During korean war.
4. Admiral: Roaring Currents -About an admiral who takes on the Japanese fleet, also drama.

**Other**

1. Save the Green Planet: -Mix of pretty much every genre. Dude thinks his ex-boss is an alien so he abducts him.
2. Thirst -Kang-Ho Song vampire movie, very good (and also funny)
3. Fighter in the Wind -Based on the guy Ryu is modeled after. Like a Korean Ip Man but with a good story and characters.
4. Musa: -Like Dynasty Warriors
5. A Moment to Remember: -Romance about a guy who marries a lady with alzheimers or something. Crap.
6. Gangster High: -About a group of highschool friends who get involved against a gang or something. Was okay.
7. Age of Shadows -Korean War spy thriller.

There's also a not very active Korean Movies thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3880996

And a couple old Korean Movie Megathreads:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3525253

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Gringo Heisenberg posted:

I have Canadian Netflix so I'm not too sure what would be available to you, but here's a super informal list I made years ago to recommend Korean movies to friends. They're mostly all really enjoyable unless it says otherwise. Hopefully this is ok to post:

Field Mousepad posted:

Train to Busan is really good

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Kingdom is a decent enough historical drama that happens to have zombies in it.

I started out enjoying Black, but they end up really padding out the plot, so it gets really convoluted near the end. Also it ends with the worst old person make-up I have ever seen.

Rubicon posted:

Movie:
Train to Busan is a really good zombie movie.

I've heard really good things about Rampart and Burning.

TV:
Kingdom
Memories of the Alhambra <--interesting concept, but the main character isn't super likable.

kind of sad Strong Woman Do Bong Soon isn't on netflix anymore. It was cute.

If you have Hulu and Amazon Prime, I have a few more suggestions.

Nice, that should keep me busy for a while.

I should mention that one of the few Korean movies I've seen was Punch - a heartstring tugger about a wayward kid and a foul mouthed teacher with a heart of gold - I recommend it if it's streaming anywhere.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Headcount was a cool idea, the execution was mediocre, but it was worth watching.

Caught pieces of The Heretic plus the last 15 minutes, which made me glad I didn't watch more if it. Not worth a minute of time.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

**Gangster**

2. A Dirty Carnival -Gangster foot soldier does some things and kills some dudes. Very good.
3. Rough Cut -Gangster agrees to act in an rear end in a top hat’s movie, but the catch is he demands that they shoot the action scenes for real.
6. Sunflower -Dude gets out of jail and doesn’t want to be involved in crime at all anymore. Everyone is scared shitless of him and thinks he’s planning something. Really good, the end pays off well.
7. The Show Must Go On (Kang-Ho Song) -Gangster tries to make enough cash to get out of the gangsta business, good movie.
8. New World -Cop joins the biggest gang, becomes second in command. Gang leader dies, power vacuum is created, he has to decide whether he wants to be a gangsta or a cop. Really enjoyed it.
9. Bloody Tie -Gangster starts leaking info to a cop about a gang that killed his friend. Don’t really remember much else so it was probably not that great.
10. No. 3 -About a bunch of different storylines intersecting or something, saw it a while ago. Think it’s comedy too. Liked it.

**Crime**

1. Memories of Murder -Police procedural/thrillery/mystery, one of the top Korean movies and influential as well.
2. Children -(Very good) Based on a real event, some kids go missing and this professor and reporter start trying to solve it, really really good movie.
4. The Yellow Sea -From the same director/actors as the chaser, but was mediocre).
5. City of Violence -Two bros raise hell trying to find out who killed their friend. Action, pretty good fight scenes.
6. World of Silence -About a photographer who is suspected in serial killing kids or something. Was okay I guess. .
7. Mother -Same director who did memories of murder. Woman’s mentally handicapped son is arrested for murder, she doesn’t think he did it and sets out to solve the murder herself.
8. Secret Reunion -About an ex south and ex north korean spy teaming up for something. Was okay
9. Countdown -Dude who needs a liver transplant makes a deal with a woman in prison for once she’s released, but she gets released and a bunch of people are after her.
10. Pieta -A brutal debt collector gets his outlook changed when a woman appears claiming to be his mother.
11. A Confession of Murder A man claiming to be a famous serious killer emerges just as the statute of limitations runs out. Was alright.

**Revenge**

1. Mr. Vengeance -Didn’t like as much (Part 1 of Vengeance trilogy. DIFFERENT STORIES)
3. Lady Vengeance -Part 3. Can’t remember much, stars a girl trying to find a guy who did bad things to her or something .
5. The Man from Nowhere -Almost the same plot as Taken but 10x better. Good knife fights.

**Comedy**

1. The Foul King -Wrestling comedy, quite good. Have to use AsiaTorrents to get it. Kang-Ho Song
4. The Quiet Family -Dark comedy, family buys hotel, people keep dying, they just keep burying the bodies. Kang-Ho Song and Min-Sik Choi
5. Welcome to Dongmakgol -South and North Korean soldiers are stranded in a remote village during the Korean war, must cooperate. Funny and well shot
6. The King and the Clown -A group of jesters have to keep putting on shows for a crazy king, also part drama but really good
8. Guns and Talks -Group of assassins doing assassin stuff, really good and lots of actors from other movies
9. Attack the Gas Station -Group of friends decide to rob a gas station, station doesn’t have much money so they run the station for a night to take the money. Things go bad and what not)
10. Castaway on the Moon -Man stuck on a deserted island in the middle of a city. Very good, comedy.
11. The Good, The Bad, The Weird -Western, 3 of the biggest Korean stars (Kang-Ho Song, Byung-Hun Lee and a guy
13. Hello Ghost -Dude can suddenly see 4 ghosts who won’t go away until he fulfills their last requests.
14. The President’s Last Bang: -Black comedy about the immediate aftermath of the president’s assassination.
15. The President’s Barber -Comedy about a barber who becomes the president’s barber and important korean moments thru his eyes. Kang-Ho Song.
16. The Thieves: -Bunch of Koreans and I think Japanese thieves team up to pull of a big heist. Pretty hollywood type movie, p good.
17. Big Bang -Really by the books straight edge dude gets arrested for something minor, decides gently caress it if im going to jail I might as well enjoy it and go to jail for a long time. Goes on a hilarious rampage with another petty criminal. Recommended
18. Going By the Book: -By the book cop gets chosen by new police chief to stage a fake bank robbery for the cops to use as practice. Turns out he’s really good at it and takes it very seriously. Really good.
19. Arahan: -About a cop who discover he has martial arts powers or something. One of those CGI fighting movies. Was aight if you like that stuff.
20. Art Of Fighting -Highschool bully fodder starts getting fightin lessons from some ex champion or something.
21. Kick the Moon -In highschool there was a gangster kid and a straight arrow kid. 10 Years later the straight arrow kid is a gangster and the gangster is a highschool gym teacher. They start fighting over a woman.

**Drama**
1. JSA AKA Joint Security Area: -Kang-Ho Song, Bittersweet Life guy and some other big stars, 2 north and south Korean soldiers stationed on opposite sides of a river start becoming friends. Bad things happen.
2. Secret Sunshine -Did not like. Lady’s son dies, she spends the next 2 hours of the movie crying and being boring.
3. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring...: -Drama about a monk or something, more an art house film, very little dialogue, shot incredibly. Found boring.
5. Failan -Woman comes to Korea and wants to stay so she marries a washed up gangster who agrees to it cause he’s short on cash. Stars Oldboy guy and I thought it was meh.
6. Breathless aka poo poo Fly -Brutal movie about a super rear end in a top hat debt collector who befriends a highschool girl. About domestic violence and the cycle of abuse mostly.
7. Painted Fire/Strokes of Fire -Historical drama starring oldboy about an rear end in a top hat painted who changed the direction of korean art in the nineteenth century.

**WAR**

1. Silmido: -A bunch of Korean criminals are turned into soldiers getting trained for a suicide mission to kill the North Korean leader. Really good and actually happened, including the end.
2. Taegukgi -Two brothers fight in the korean war, good and well known internationally.
3. The Front Line -Dude is sent to a hill the north and south korean army are continually fighting over and changing ownership over every like day, to investigate a suspicious death of an officer. During korean war.
4. Admiral: Roaring Currents -About an admiral who takes on the Japanese fleet, also drama.

**Other**

1. Save the Green Planet: -Mix of pretty much every genre. Dude thinks his ex-boss is an alien so he abducts him.
3. Fighter in the Wind -Based on the guy Ryu is modeled after. Like a Korean Ip Man but with a good story and characters.
5. A Moment to Remember: -Romance about a guy who marries a lady with alzheimers or something. Crap.
6. Gangster High: -About a group of highschool friends who get involved against a gang or something. Was okay.

Good list.

Also I love Save the Green Planet

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Not sure if it's still up but The Tiger was a badass period piece set during the Japanese occupation and it's about a tiger hunter hunting a legendary tiger.

Also there's Nightmare High which is a show about a new teacher who starts cutting faustian bargains with the students in order to claim their souls which is pretty entertaining.

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Oct 29, 2019

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

**Gangster**

**Crime**

**Revenge**

**Comedy**

**Drama**

**WAR**

**Other**

This list is missing The Handmaiden and Parasite

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

MrXmas posted:

Is Parasite streaming anywhere?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

**Gangster**

**Crime**

**Revenge**

**Comedy**

**Drama**

**WAR**

**Other**

Quoting this so I can keep it for later, already bookmarked a few of these.

Also just want to chime in that 'New World' was fantastic and everyone should watch it.

FreelanceSocialist
Nov 19, 2002

veni veni veni posted:

Shadow of the Moon was pretty fun but also really bad.

Watched this over the weekend. Not the best movie but not "really bad", either. Definitely had some potential and some interesting concepts, but it felt like they took the easy way out. I still enjoyed it.

In particular, the idea of two separate timelines with one of them hopping backwards through the other and the relativistic spin they didn't even touch on until the end of the movie. The idea that he killed her in 1988 but that '88 was the end of her timeline/mission so when they meet on the beach, she hadn't reached that point yet and that's why she insinuates that because he told her what happened, there was now no way for her to avoid it. I will say that the civil war angle and the assassinations was a little too easy to figure out, but only because the opening scene was so blatant.

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:

MrXmas posted:

Yeah, it's about 5ish(?) years old and I haven't bothered to update it much.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Is Parasite streaming anywhere?

It hasn't even fulfilled it's theatrical distribution. My local indie doesn't get it until November.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

Franchescanado posted:

It hasn't even fulfilled it's theatrical distribution. My local indie doesn't get it until November.

Yeah, I was interpreting the list as just "good Korean films". If all those are available on Canadian Netflix I'm jealous