Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

lmao if you use any brain power

im like jackson pollock but the forums are my canvas and my turds are the paint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

cool dance moves posted:

Number 2 go up?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/jason_koebler/status/1189173501292351493

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5cBkhYBVt8

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

wilderthanmild posted:

Actually 90% is a low end estimate for the ever increasing portion of goon brains dedicated to remembering important events like solomo, groverhaus, and doom bathroom.

My last words will be "coleslaw.....is.....cold lol"

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

cool dance moves posted:

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Colonel Cancer posted:

69% of average goons brain is destroyed by years of alcohol abuse

ive been trying to switch to herbal tea for my nighttime tipple but its not quite the same somehow

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Lol total population is exactly the same as total stock market value: number goes up until it doesn't any more, and no amount of shirt-rending and prayers will sway it

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Sing Along posted:

ive been trying to switch to herbal tea for my nighttime tipple but its not quite the same somehow

If your honey is getting squeezed out of a bear you need to up your honey game. Get that good thic poo poo. Getting rich people honey from an employers family's orchard changed opened my third eye and unlocked class consiousness.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

OhFunny posted:

Cross quoting this from the Post Trump Voters Realizing They're Gonna Die thread.

The US steel industry is crumpling from lack of demand as other industries pullback due to the trade war.

get ready for a steel bailout baby

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
We're gambling away
I don't know what I'm to say
I'll say it anyway
Today's another day to rob you
Spending away
I'll be coming for your savings, OK?

Bail out me (Bail out me)
Bail me out (Bail out me)
I'll be gone
In a day or twwwwooooooooooooo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Trump!

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/29/lockheed-martin-costly-f-35-program-gets-biggest-pentagon-contract-yet.html

quote:

The Pentagon on Tuesday announced a $34 billion F-35 contract with Lockheed Martin, the largest contract yet for the defense company’s costly fighter program.

The deal is for the delivery of 478 of the aircraft.

The F-35, the crown jewel in the defense giant’s portfolio, has become one of the most challenged programs in the history of the Department of Defense. The laundry list of setbacks includes faulty ejection seats, software delays and significant helmet-display issues. The program had an initial acquisition cost of $406.5 billion.

Yet the Pentagon touted reduced costs and a quicker timetable in its announcement Tuesday.

“This agreement achieves an average 12.7% cost reduction across all three variants and gets us below $80 million for a USAF F-35A by Lot 13 – one lot earlier than planned,” Air Force Lt. Gen. Eric Fick, F-35 program executive officer, said Tuesday.

Lockheed Martin’s fifth-generation F-35 comes in three variants, the F-35A for the U.S. Air Force, F-35B for the U.S. Marine Corps and F-35C for the U.S. Navy.

“The $34 billion agreement for F-35 low-rate initial production lots 12-14 includes the delivery of 478 F-35 aircraft,” Ellen Lord, undersecretary of Defense for acquisition and sustainment, said Tuesday at the Pentagon

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

dont think this got posted itt

https://twitter.com/thejdmorris/status/1188271375452004353?s=20

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i will spearhead the newsom recall effort

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019
Can't they literally just seize it as a public hazard? Do we not have legal precedent for this one? Like gently caress the investors, the done hosed up and are arguably responsible for the deaths of a bunch of people.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i love f35

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Joey Steel posted:

Can't they literally just seize it as a public hazard? Do we not have legal precedent for this one? Like gently caress the investors, the done hosed up and are arguably responsible for the deaths of a bunch of people.

i see you are unfamiliar with gavinbot

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Joey Steel posted:

are you unfamiliar with democrats

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I assume the Marine-variant of the F-35 is the world's most expensive fly-by-wire missile

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Victory Position posted:

I assume the Marine-variant of the F-35 is the world's most expensive fly-by-wire missile

That's the Osprey.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That's the Osprey.

Nah, the F35 is more expensive than the Osprey.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
someone post the f35 stories
somewhere in the distance a beaver howled

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I'm sure LM is sweating and hoping the F35 doesn't get into a actual shooting war that exposes all its Grover-plane discrepancies.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

etalian posted:

I'm sure LM is sweating and hoping the F35 doesn't get into a actual shooting war that exposes all its Grover-plane discrepancies.

I'm sure they're salivating at the inevitable government contract to fix Grover-plane. loving lol thinking lockmart would lose in this situation.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1189284189629231106

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao how the founder walked away with a 1.7 billion stake cashout for his dumb unoriginal business concept.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Finally, Melty Blood players will no longer have to set up in the bathroom

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1189351589766746117

gently caress! THEM! UP! gently caress THEM UP! gently caress THEM UP!

botique e-sports arenas

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

bob dobbs is dead posted:

I'm pretty sure that the way to get people to swallow it is to "save money in sg&a costs (by firing managers)". Dunno if that will fly very well but it will have solid humor value. Working on the last mathematical prelude, which is proving that the second order optimization is going to deal with non stationary looking stuff, for a given value of non stationary looking. For what it's worth, actual optimization bits will be simple and I've finished the crud data manipulation bits in the system. Real difficulty is in fraud detection, which I haven't begun work on

[pretending like i understand]: ah, glad to hear

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

then give us the CEO's address

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

im on the net me boys posted:

Finally, Melty Blood players will no longer have to set up in the bathroom

this is gentrification

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

used to work for a company that did ~stuff~ for pge and the data they sent us on their customers had a 'threats of violence' field because people would call in and say if some pge dude showed up on their property to check their meter they'd get shot

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

My country decided to raise the end of employment notice period some years ago to 3 months which on paper is great for employees (3 months to find a new job if you're fired) But actually means that I've taken a new job offer and am sitting at my current job for 3 months unable to start anything new and my current job wants to get "their money's worth" and will insist on making me serve to the absolute final day possible and also are asking me not to tell too many people that I've resigned until I am closer to the date

I am in job purgatory

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
3 months of sitting around doing gently caress all sounds great

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/JuniorMinton/status/1189189454243622912?s=19

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/rapplerdotcom/status/1189501805090299904

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

My country decided to raise the end of employment notice period some years ago to 3 months which on paper is great for employees (3 months to find a new job if you're fired) But actually means that I've taken a new job offer and am sitting at my current job for 3 months unable to start anything new and my current job wants to get "their money's worth" and will insist on making me serve to the absolute final day possible and also are asking me not to tell too many people that I've resigned until I am closer to the date

I am in job purgatory

Take up knitting

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

I am in job purgatory

Hello bathroom my old friend...

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

I am in job purgatory

This is what we in the survival business call "a problem you want to have"

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

uninterrupted posted:

used to work for a company that did ~stuff~ for pge and the data they sent us on their customers had a 'threats of violence' field because people would call in and say if some pge dude showed up on their property to check their meter they'd get shot

my grandfather totally did pull a gun on the power company over high tension lines, but that was in Georgia. it made enough of an impression that they just steered clear of his farm until about a decade after he died

so, you know, not the worst negotiating strategy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Jose posted:

3 months of sitting around doing gently caress all sounds great

Depending on your job and company sometimes they'll just tell you to stop coming in, especially if you're gonna sit around and drag down the mood of everyone who hasn't quit or try to take people with you on the way out. I was told in the UK they call this "Gardening Leave" and it sounds great

"Come in and do not start your new job which pays better out of spite" is less great