Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Tart Kitty posted:

If nothing else the creature design in Monster Squad is phenomenal

Yeah, it's kind of wild how good it is. There's a clip of the final scuffle with the wolfman and it's actually pretty cool looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I always enjoyed the idea of Salvation, finally taking place after Judgement Day, everything is blown to poo poo. Early models of Terminators just wandering around obliterating anything organic in their path. Like Fallout but no Super Mutants and Radscorpions and Roaches. I REALLY liked the concept of purposing a human and resurrecting him to be a sleeper cyborg, that poo poo is way WAY more advanced than your Ahnuld model T-800. It was just squandered on Worthington, and on Bale.

There's a lot to like about the movie from the cool designs of all the Skynet robots, making the T-800 project this massive research undertaking and making it a huge scary threat again, the character of Kyle Reese. But something about Bale's acting and Worthington's acting is just pretty drat bad and generic.

Seconding forever love to The Goonies, Monster Squad is just bad.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Terminator Salvation is painfully boring and Sam Worthington is an absolute charisma black hole. I saw pieces of Genisys on tv and didn’t hate it though lol

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Terminator Salvation, were skynet takes refuge in an office building that humans have no trouble navigating.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians
We Hate Movies : I bet Ray Romano is a champion rear end eater.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I'm curious if anyone has an episode they were disappointed by? I love the Mission Impossible movies and when I finally listened to the missionimpossibleathon I was incredibly disappointed. It was super clear they were just trying to bang them all out in one afternoon, there was barely any analysis or jokes and it was just kinda boring as hell.

I'm going through some of the really old eps from the archive and I totally forgot they did those and then remembered pretty much in the first minute why it didn't stick with me. Those films are so ripe for jokes and they just blew it. :sigh:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

We Hate Movies posted:

NOVEMBER SCHEDULE

Say  what? The Schedule in advance?! It's the least we could do! By  subscribing to this newsletter you get a sneak peak at what we're  putting out this month:

Episode 451 — Terminator Salvation with David Sims

Episode 452 — I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry

Episode 453 — Kindergarten Cop: Live in Portland!

Episode 454 — Kazaam with Amir Blumenfeld

Patreon Episodes:

Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies — The Terminator

Animation Damnation — Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: "Shredder's Mom" (s4, e5) & Ducktales (s3, e13) "Yuppy Ducks", Live From Housingworks!

The Nexus — TOS: "The Doomsday Machine" (s2, e6) & TNG: "The Dauphin" (s2, e10)

Gleep Glossary: A Star Wars Story — Boba Fett (ever heard of him?)

Salvation, Chuck and Larry and Kazaam all in one month? Those poor bastards.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
I swear if we dont get to hear the we love movies version of The Rock I am going to be so sad. If I didnt have a new kid and no money I would be flying out to that show

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Coincidentally, I just watched Terminator Salvation for the first time a couple weeks ago.

It's the dullest take on the future war stuff from the first two movies you can imagine. Even T3 did it way better. Worthington is a huge nothing and it's all dumb in a very boring way and unfunny way.

It also seems like it was edited to the point where entire plot threads were set up and dropped. It's not incoherent, but there are several parts where I was like "OK, but why?" and then nothing happened.

Also I don't get why guns that didn't work on Terminators in T1/2/3 are suddenly just fine for shooting them with?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Anton Yelchin is basically the only bright spot of Salvation

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I saw Dark Fate last night, and while it's not a great movie, it's certainly better than Salvation, though I know that's not a very high bar to clear.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Genisys was sort of entertaining, if extremely loving dumb. But man I remember jackshit about Salvation other than the T-600 looking kinda cool and wondering how in the gently caress futuristic time-travelling AI hadn't yet discovered a Magnetic Anomaly Detector to find that stupid submarine. That and, you know, having exactly zero tension since you knew what would become of the two main characters.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Secret programming announcement in the newest Gleep Glossary: the crew will be recapping The Mandalorian, with the first ep on the main feed and the rest in the Patreon feed.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Would have thought Chuck and Larry would be in Master of Disguise territory.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Kazaam is the one with Shaq? I saw it as a kid and liked it :ohdear:

Very stoked for the WLM Terminator though!

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

E: drat double post

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

jojoinnit posted:

Kazaam is the one with Shaq? I saw it as a kid and liked it :ohdear:

No, it's the one with Sinbad. :v:

My favorite thing about Kazaam is Shaq's very honest account of why he was in it:

Shaq posted:

I was a medium-level juvenile delinquent from Newark who always dreamed about doing a movie. Someone said, "Hey, here's $7 million, come in and do this genie movie." What am I going to say, no? So I did it.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Nov 2, 2019

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

oh poo poo Empire AND RotJ in December?? we are getting blessed

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

AceOfFlames posted:

No, it's the one with Sinbad. :v:

My favorite thing about Kazaam is Shaq's very honest account of why he was in it:

You know what, Shaq, fair

Movie's still terrible, but fair.

Also yea not only does today's Gleep Glossary deliver with good rear end jokes, some great announcements there.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

What a waste of David Sims. That movie is so bland that there was nothing interesting to say about it.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Yeah kind of a bummer, he’s so funny on Blank Check but there just wasn’t enough to really dig into

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Yeah, I remember laughing during the episode, but I couldn't tell you anything about it. Not that it wasn't enjoyable or anything, it was just one of those movies that sucks in a special bland way.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Promo code: FuckMyMom

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I can't help but wonder if that bit where they comment on how Edward Furlong is conspicuously absent in the trailers for Dark Fate is them being disingenuous (seriously, even if you somehow haven't heard of the twist by now, it's not that hard to figure out) or genuinely oblivious.

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I respect that the guys are working hard to grow their brand, and I hope the WHM empire can become a full-time paying gig for all of them if they want it, but I really don't think it's a show that needs guests. Occasional insights from disaster movie expert Justin J. Case are great, sure, but the chemistry between the four of them is what I tune in for.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

extremely online posted:

I respect that the guys are working hard to grow their brand, and I hope the WHM empire can become a full-time paying gig for all of them if they want it, but I really don't think it's a show that needs guests. Occasional insights from disaster movie expert Justin J. Case are great, sure, but the chemistry between the four of them is what I tune in for.

Yeah, one guest every like two months is probably fine but not more often. It does mess with the flow.

But counter point: make Angelica Bastien the fifth mic because their chemistry on Species was amazing and want more of that energy they all had.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cael posted:

Yeah, one guest every like two months is probably fine but not more often. It does mess with the flow.

But counter point: make Angelica Bastien the fifth mic because their chemistry on Species was amazing and want more of that energy they all had.

:yeah:

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Cael posted:

At the very least she needs to guest twice a year.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I think they should just get guest hosts when someone needs to step out for whatever reason. More than 4 people on mic gets crowded.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The logistics of pulling in guest hosts would get in the way of that unless they want to just pull people from their local area. Usually when they get guest hosts they travel to that city to make that episode and if WHM is traveling, they're traveling as a foursome.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Cael posted:

Definitely, she ruled.

"I've never looked at a dick like it was the last chicken wing at the party"

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Downloaded early episodes from the archive. Great from the beginning, oddly Jupin sounds really different than he does now. He doesn’t sound bad but took a little while to realize it was him.

I miss the movie clips and songs, totally understand why those had to go but added nice spice.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Downloaded early episodes from the archive. Great from the beginning, oddly Jupin sounds really different than he does now. He doesn’t sound bad but took a little while to realize it was him.

I miss the movie clips and songs, totally understand why those had to go but added nice spice.

Jupin has crafted quite a radio voice.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Cael posted:

I'd like Chelsea to be on more often.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
I think we are forgetting our favorite fifth member: spooky weather noises interrupting their recording.

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Timeless Appeal posted:

I'd like Chelsea to be on more often.
Yeah she's awesome. Maybe she and Angelica could team up for She Hates Movies

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Jupin's non-radio voice always reminds me of 90s cartoon voice actors, in a good way. Like he'd be great voicing a teenager drawn with giant pants.

Billy Gnosis posted:

I think we are forgetting our favorite fifth member: spooky weather noises interrupting their recording.

Has it really been so long that no one recognizes founding member Cloudy anymore?

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Yeah Angelica Bastien was great.

"It doesn't matter if you're a white woman, a black woman, or an alien. You're showing your titties."

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Is there ever a WHM line that gets stuck in your head for a while that repeats on loop?

For me; it's when Andrew asked Steve which of the Ninja Turtles he would be, and his response was "Michelangelo because I want people to like me." Then described him as "A walking cry for help."

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
MIKE DEXTER has been going around in my head for a bit, along with variations of their Picard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Downtown Griffy Newms was great and should make more appearances as well. You can’t not bring back the Joker of guest hosts.