Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DoctorGonzo posted:

i dont understand

sometimes the humans are boneless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i'm holding a tournament to decide which poster i will manage

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

WatermelonGun posted:

the new neil young rules

incidentally the coffee machine at work blew up and i’m drinking a monster for the first time in like a decade and i want 2 die

It’s an amazing record, green is blue is among his best songs ever. I also really enjoyed peace trail and it’s trans-esque autotune from a couple years ago.

Neil never fell off, he’s got too many slept on records like “Landing on Water”.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cavauro posted:

i start sucking the bad penis

H-huh?! Im.... impossible!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Blast Fantasto posted:

I will defend the Costco slice of cheese pizza in any context. There’s so much fuckin cheese on it

Yeah their pizza is pretty good, their best food is definitely the Chicken Bake though

Spikegal posted:

He's an old rocker, frankly I assume everyone born before 1970 has bad ideas.

Fixed that for you

coconono posted:

1. Thailand. Don't call the Royal Consort a whore when applying for a visa at the consulate.
2. Chuck E Cheese(Bloomington, IN), ballpit incident
3. Applebees in downtown St Louis(threw glass at bartender)
4. Bar I don't even remember the name of because I was already aggressively drunk(Dayton, OH). The night I learned not to fight all the bouncers at once.
5. Marie Laveau’s House of Voodoo(shoplifting)

I really wish I could tell when you're doing your shtick or not*, it would make my time here a lot less confusing

*along with quite a few other posters on this site

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I have saved so many thousands of dollars by eating a Costco hot dog before I do my shopping there.

And they could easily charge three times as much for all their stuff at the food counter to make some bean counter or their investors happy for five minutes, but they've left them as dirt-cheap loss-leaders just forever and it's the best.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I've decided all I can do with all the dumb poo poo and sometimes hurtful poo poo I've accumulated over the years is use it to make people(including myself) laugh.

So its a shtick in that its purposefully presented but not a schtick in that I really was a terrible drunk and drug doer.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i am also a raging alcoholic also i want hotdogs now

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I'm two months sober as of friday

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Eat My Fuc posted:

That's awesome!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

Congratulations friendo. I’ve been off the wagon lately after a long time being good but today’s gonna be different. I went to the gym and am feeling positive. Your strength gives me strength.....friendo

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Eat My Fuc posted:

quitter

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

hell yeah

you can’t see it but I’m raising my grapefruit soda to toast your success

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Thanks, last time I quit I lasted a year and it sucked horribly, but my life is in a better spot now so it's going pretty easily thus far.

Also the amount of Vodka I was consuming was costing me like $500 dollars a month

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

This is one of the most horrible things I've ever seen somebody say to another human being.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

LividLiquid posted:

This is one of the most horrible things I've ever seen somebody say to another human being.

my uncle would make the same “joke” whenever we would try to get him to stop drinking.

note the past tense.

edit: like the joke isn’t new or clever so of course mel would think it’s loving hilarious

WatermelonGun fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 30, 2019

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

to be honest i laughed at it but i can be pretty insensitive

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I know this was meant as a joke and Eat My Fuc laughed at it but even so gently caress off with this bullshit, this is a loving horrible thing to say to an addict who has managed to get sober.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

LividLiquid posted:

I have saved so many thousands of dollars by eating a Costco hot dog before I do my shopping there.

And they could easily charge three times as much for all their stuff at the food counter to make some bean counter or their investors happy for five minutes, but they've left them as dirt-cheap loss-leaders just forever and it's the best.

Same with those rotisserie chickens they sell

coconono posted:

I've decided all I can do with all the dumb poo poo and sometimes hurtful poo poo I've accumulated over the years is use it to make people(including myself) laugh.

So its a shtick in that its purposefully presented but not a schtick in that I really was a terrible drunk and drug doer.

Okay that makes sense

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Maybe it's weird or maybe it's super common but the only thing that ever triggers my desire to drink is seeing someone whose life is totally ruined by alcohol, like a movie about a guy who loses it all and dies puking in the guitar i see that and my brain goes "oh hell yea, i want to do that".

I think Disco Elysium portrays addiction pretty accurately, at least alcoholism, so that's been cool to play sober. Playing video games drunk in general really soured me on drinking, i'd beat a really cool part of a game and have no memory of doing so, like the kick rear end part of Control from this year where you're in a crazy shapeshifting hallway killing dudes while rock music plays synced up to the action, I totally have no memory of beating it, I had to watch it on youtube.

alcohol just sucks once you get too old to dodge how slow and stupid it makes you

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

To all the recoverees up in here: Stay strong, your struggle is valid as hell, your triumphs are awesome and your failures are nothing to self-flaggelate over.

(My best friend could have learned something from you)
(No he couldn't. He missed his mom too much)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

Maybe it's weird or maybe it's super common but the only thing that ever triggers my desire to drink is seeing someone whose life is totally ruined by alcohol, like a movie about a guy who loses it all and dies puking in the guitar i see that and my brain goes "oh hell yea, i want to do that".

It's a weird comparison for me to make but I remember years ago South Park did that episode on World of Warcraft where they show the kids playing as obese disgusting shut-ins making GBS threads into pans and getting no actual enjoyment out of what they were compulsively doing.... and people watching complained about how it was irresponsible of South Park to advertise the game and make people want to play it by making it look so enjoyable.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

It's a weird comparison for me to make but I remember years ago South Park did that episode on World of Warcraft where they show the kids playing as obese disgusting shut-ins making GBS threads into pans and getting no actual enjoyment out of what they were compulsively doing.... and people watching complained about how it was irresponsible of South Park to advertise the game and make people want to play it by making it look so enjoyable.

Makes sense to me. I never got addicted to an MMO outside of a month or two of runescape (when it was completely flat and two dimensional) but I can see the appeal of falling into nothingness, not even moving to poo poo or piss and just clicking trolls or whatever.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mel deserved that one.

be good to your body. they can’t make replacement parts fast enough.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Sorry for beating you all up. I think I’ve found peace now

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

So, uh... are we an E-fed now?
oh god i was in one of those once

i don't remember much about it but i did win the e-fed championship at one point :c00l:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

E-Feds? That's newfangled technology.
I played in the play-by-mail wrestling league that was advertised in the apter mags all the time, the IWA.
And not for a small period of time either.
from 1990-2003 then again from 2006-2012.
Yes, it really persisted that long.
It's still going...I think.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

ChrisBTY posted:

E-Feds? That's newfangled technology.
I played in the play-by-mail wrestling league that was advertised in the apter mags all the time, the IWA.
And not for a small period of time either.
from 1990-2003 then again from 2006-2012.
Yes, it really persisted that long.
It's still going...I think.

i googled this and apparently Death Lord and Skorn the Death Knight beat IMT: State Patrol Lt. James Earl Wright and State Patrol Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker in the Black Ops League so this is now my favourite promotion

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

watched "the revenant" and thought it about sucked

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Storyline wise? I really enjoyed the film but a common complaint I heard from people is that the storyline really didn't do much for them (I liked it).

Regardless of anything else, goddamn is it beautifully shot.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The Revenant could be shortened by an hour and be a pretty good movie. As it is, the bear scene is the only good part of the movie.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

bradzilla posted:

The Revenant could be shortened by an hour and be a pretty good movie. As it is, the bear scene is the only good part of the movie.

No way, the opening battle sequence is stunning. Otherwise I wasn’t a huge fan, it definitely felt like a make up Oscar for DiCaprio given he spends like 75% of the movie unconscious or screaming incoherently.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm still mad that when Scorcese won the Best Director Oscar for The Departed that the presenter didn't quickly add,"But really for Goodfellas :ssh:"

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

They'll be doing that for joaquin phoenix eventually because lol them giving a comic book film an oscar.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Joker isn’t good and all movies are too long now

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I'm still mad that when Scorcese won the Best Director Oscar for The Departed that the presenter didn't quickly add,"But really for GoodfellasThe King of Comedy :ssh:"

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Joker isn’t good and all movies are too long now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o97uNzbBfis

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

I think the Joker movie will be kind of a turd but kind of saved by Joaquin being awesome
this was my opinion way back when the first trailer dropped and i stand by it, having still not seen the movie

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
So my wife, an English teacher, HATES puns.

This is the poem I wrote for our five year wedding anniversary this Friday.

If it causes you guys, girls, and nonbinaries great pain, I've done good.

X X X X X

On our 5th wedding anniversary, I just wanted to let you know…

Your family thought I was a skeptic but I didn’t believe a word they said.
As an Irishman, I’m glad you liked the engagement ring and didn’t think it was a sham rock.

I fawn over you because you’re deer to me
There are no other fish in the sea – you give my life porpoise
Sometimes I admit, I see you as a piece of meat. Specifically chicken. Because you’re impeccable.
You dragged me out of the house and made me come out of my shell. I’m nuts about you.

I know you love carnations, but I think you’re just dandelion.
(Do flower puns make me pistil whipped?)

Because we both love “Star Wars,” I knew Yoda one for me.
If I’m Leon Kennedy from “Resident Evil,” then you’re my green herb. Always there to give me first Ada.

We both love music. Our marriage is always in a chord.
(Too punny to Handel? I’ll come Bach to that one)

You like Guinness, I like Smithwick's. We’re pitcher perfect together.
(Yeah, that pun was watered down, then again neither of us likes Budweiser)

You’re an electron and I’m a proton. I’m positively attracted to you.
Do you generate electricity with water through the process of hydro power? Because daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.
(Sorry my science puns are so weak – I’ve just always had an ion you)

Because of you, I decided my political views Warren a second look.
(Oh, I was Biden my time on that one)

You brought me back to the Church. You’re the answer to all my prayers.

On a scale of 1 to 10, you’re a 9. And I’m the 1 you need.
We might go together like a 1 and a 0, but our marriage is definitely nonbinary.

I apologize for doing this in front of your class, but I’ve fallen for you and the trip caused me to spill the tea.
(Check with my daughter, do kids still say ‘spill the tea?’)

Happy 5th Anniversary, babe. I lava you. Nothing lasts forever. And so, you are my nothing.

PS – There’s a horse loose in the hospital.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Storyline wise? I really enjoyed the film but a common complaint I heard from people is that the storyline really didn't do much for them (I liked it).

Regardless of anything else, goddamn is it beautifully shot.

everything besides the lubezski winsauce did nothing for me. im proud of leo for eating fish and bison but was mostly bored out of my gourd. thought big tom cosplaying as don cerrone was good though.