Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

binge crotching posted:

It is terrible, but nothing that cheap will be good. Still fine if you don't give a poo poo about the taste and just want beer.

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Perhaps they are changing the formula for a relaunch? Hope springs eternal, PBUC.

Gotta try em all! :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Chinatown posted:

The cheese isle is the most dangerous isle in Costco.

Cheese is the reason I got a Costco membership in the first place. it was the only place I could get a reliable supply of Brillat-Savarin cheese.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Bargearse posted:

Cheese is the reason I got a Costco membership in the first place. it was the only place I could get a reliable supply of Brillat-Savarin cheese.

as a couple living in a small 1br apartment where most perishables don't last and our freezer is relatively small, yeah pretty much. our staples that we get are TP, paper towels, kirkland/crystal geyser sparkling water, and cheese. i'll occasionally grab some batteries or maybe a new shirt/socks/underwear once in a blue moon, maybe those shin black ramen cups or occasional carton of salt/pepper, flour, rice, but it's really the blocks of cheap high quality parmesan, gruyere, feta, white cheddar reserve/cabot, paneer, and other weird habanero cheeses n poo poo that make it worthwhile and a mainstay of our monthly shopping trip.

the other alternative is grabbing the fancier cheese at safeway and ringing it up as a block of cream cheese bc they've fired all their cashiers and only have self-checkouts to enrich their hedge-fund owners

Xaris fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Oct 29, 2019

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
The worst cat food name is Maintenance Cat. The cat on the front looks like it's deep into benzos.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Olanphonia posted:

The worst cat food name is Maintenance Cat. The cat on the front looks like it's deep into benzos.

Not that deep. It's just a maintenance dose.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
A while back someone posted some pull apart cheesy bread they picked up.

I got some last week and served it yesterday with my killer butternut squash soup.

Part of me was offended that I was covering up the taste of the soup that I put so much effort in by dunking cheesy bread in it, but holy loving poo poo it was so good

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Renegret posted:

I got some last week and served it yesterday with my killer butternut squash soup.

Part of me was offended that I was covering up the taste of the soup that I put so much effort in by dunking cheesy bread in it, but holy loving poo poo it was so good

Yes. YES. I have yet to have the cheesy bread WITH something. It's just been "I want bread and cheese and oh look!" Yes I ate a whole loaf by myself (boyfriend had a couple of bites. "too much cheese" he says. Whatever. Less cheese competition). Twice. No I am not ashamed of this. Gimme decent cheese, gimme decent bread and I'm good.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Renegret posted:

Is it frozen or from the deli

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

topenga posted:

Yes. YES. I have yet to have the cheesy bread WITH something. It's just been "I want bread and cheese and oh look!" Yes I ate a whole loaf by myself (boyfriend had a couple of bites. "too much cheese" he says. Whatever. Less cheese competition). Twice. No I am not ashamed of this. Gimme decent cheese, gimme decent bread and I'm good.

Your boyfriend is a degenerate. That bread needs MORE cheese, not less.

I was surprised to find that the bread itself was fantastic even without the cheese. And a thick soup like butternut squash is just begging for a nice crusty bread to soak it up. It was heaven.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Is it frozen or from the deli

Refrigerated. It was to the side of the produce section near where the hummus and macaroons hang out.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
did anyone else see the test notification on the mobile app from chris? very strange

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
which version of the sherpa blanket is the good one? i seem to remember someone saying there were two brands and one wasn't that good.

is this the good one?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

That's the good one, IMO anyway.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Olanphonia posted:

If you're not mentally picturing "Maintenance Cat" as a like a surly janitor or superintendent kitty, man, I don't know what to tell you.

Also, if you think that cat looks high, please check out Happy Traveler:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

He's in a whole blue jumpsuit too.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

This is completely amazing. Those two are both rounding Jupiter on their way out to Saturn

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Thanks Chris

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Chris is connected to the production server when he should be connected to the test server. Good job Chris.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

schreibs posted:

Chris is connected to the production server when he should be connected to the test server. Good job Chris.

tbh, with as lovely as the website is, I'm pretty sure they just test in prod anyway.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

We do not speak ill of maintenance cat. It is on par with the Normandy Blend. PBUMC

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

DiggityDoink posted:

which version of the sherpa blanket is the good one? i seem to remember someone saying there were two brands and one wasn't that good.

is this the good one?

Those are the big ones I think. I've gone through several. Right now I'm rocking the Life Comfort brand and it's real good but it's more like twin-size. Another goon said the others one get too pilly and lose fluffiness after washing them but the LC ones have been solid. My dog often ends up earning a new sherpa after I wash them.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Xaris posted:

Those are the big ones I think. I've gone through several. Right now I'm rocking the Life Comfort brand and it's real good but it's more like twin-size. Another goon said the others one get too pilly and lose fluffiness after washing them but the LC ones have been solid. My dog often ends up earning a new sherpa after I wash them.

Yeah the queen of the one i posted would be big enough for a king sized bed, it's like 90x94" or something close to that. they didn't specify the king size but i can imagine it's gigantic.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

DiggityDoink posted:

is this the good one?

Posting from underneath it right now. It's great. I have the queen

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Olanphonia posted:

It maintains my cats :shrug:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

DiggityDoink posted:

is this the good one?

If you want a bed-sized blanket, this is the one. If you are just getting a throw for the couch, then get the LifeComfort Ultimate Sherpa Throw.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
2019 Black Friday flyer has leaked:
https://www.costcoinsider.com/costco-black-friday-2019-ad/#coupon-book

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

:bisonyes:

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt that way when reading the ad.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

FogHelmut posted:

I blacked out on Kirkland Prosecco at a funeral/memorial reception (it was the only thing they served.) Don't do it.

I mix their presecco with my homemade lemoncello, holy gently caress its good.

Oh hell yes.

If you're not mentally picturing "Maintenance Cat" as a like a surly janitor or superintendent kitty, man, I don't know what to tell you.

That dog high as gently caress. That cat loves some Grateful Dead

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

"Formulated with the highest quality botanicals, Happy Traveler was designed by a holistic veterinarian and PhD herbal scientist"

Haha, "PhD" herbal "scientist"

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Fallom posted:

It maintains my cats :shrug:

Not saying anything about the quality for the food, just saying the name feels dystopian af to me.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

TraderStav posted:

Posting from underneath it right now. It's great. I have the queen

:same:

32 outside right now, and I have to be back out on the cold front in 15.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

i always have a jar of this in the fridge for snacking. so good.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Those S'mores and meltaways look interesting too.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
As someone who refuses to turn on the heat for as long as I possibly can, and just deals with a cold apartment, I've been spending a lot of time underneath my sherpa blankets. On especially cold nights I burrow underneath my sherpa blanket and throw my weighted blanket on top of that. The weighted blanket was also purchased at Costco.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I think I'm going to go the Costco today. Sadly it's been months since I've been there. Gonna pick up some energy drinks, Babybel cheese, wet wipes for my sweet rear end, and LED light bulbs.

I got a bunch of CFL light bulbs a few years ago from Costco and those things last forever. I have two light outlets in my bathroom that keep burning out so maybe an LED will help. Also, those Babybel cheese bags are awesome. You get maybe 3 times the amount of what you'll find in a grocery store for the same price.

Also, gonna get a dog. PBUC

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Really debating on whether to go nuts and get that 77" OLED for $4949 this Christmas season...

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Really debating on whether to go nuts and get that 77" OLED for $4949 this Christmas season...

Oh man I don't even think I could fit that anywhere in my house except for the ceiling

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Oh man I don't even think I could fit that anywhere in my house except for the ceiling

Put it above your bed and put a camera on it facing you so you can watch yourself alone crying in your empty bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Put it above your bed and put a camera on it facing you so you can watch yourself alone crying in your empty bed.

I sleep on the bottom level of my bunk bed tyvm