Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
"if he dies, he dies" Ricardo Martinez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

New chapter: http://hni-scantrad.com/eng/lel/?manga=Hajime+no+Ippo&chapter=Chapter+1279#page=1

When Ippo finally returns to the ring he will kill someone with that punch

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ippo just sad sacked his way into one punch man status

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I forgot he still has those on. Jesus.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Sendo is going to lose an arm

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Hell yell ippo keep giving yourself joint problems for no reason you dumb bastard.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Ippo been watching Dragonball Z too much. :v:

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012

Shindragon posted:

Ippo been watching Dragonball Z too much. :v:

And this punch... is to go further beyond!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Ippo can't recall the basics of boxing worth poo poo but he sure can tell you in intricate detail what it's like to be punched

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Tell me what his punches are like Ippo!

They hurt, they hurt really really bad! I can't remember what happened after that, or even before

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's kinda weird to ask Ippo to recount a fight that he lost because he was literally blanking out from brain damage

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

It's kinda weird to ask Ippo to recount a fight that he lost because he was literally blanking out from brain damage

That was not the fight he lost from blanking out to due to damage. That was the next one. Gonzales was the one who broke him.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

Sendo is going to lose an arm

I wish I trusted Morikawa to be this good with foreshadowing for the statue to be anything more than a 4-koma sight gag.

MonsterEnvy posted:

That was not the fight he lost from blanking out to due to damage. That was the next one. Gonzales was the one who broke him.

TBF, the fight you GET brain damage in is probably going to be fuzzy as well.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Chapter 1280 is out!

Takes No Damage posted:

I wish I trusted Morikawa to be this good with foreshadowing for the statue to be anything more than a 4-koma sight gag.

Good call. Hopefully.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Ippo.png

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'll never forget sendo

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Ippo you dense motherfucker.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Huzzah! posted:

Ippo.png

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Shindragon posted:

Ippo you dense motherfucker.

Yeah but that's why he was able to take all those punches

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Go die in the ring already!!!

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

mabels big day posted:

Go die in the ring already!!!

It really feels that blatant doesn't it. If not death, then severe career ending injury.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
The arm falling off and being easily reattached symbolizes Ippo's willingness to take damage in fights and continuously shrug it off as not being a big deal. The head coming off foreshadows the real permanent damage that waits in his future, being enabled by well-meaning but incompetent friends and coaching.

In actual manga chat, isn't Sendo like the 3rd character to 'go on ahead'? I feel like I've seen that particular phrase before from Takamura or Miyata.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

And Vorg the White Wolf. Frankly I wish Mashiba would too.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Billzasilver posted:

He just did.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Billzasilver posted:

Frankly I wish Mashiba would too.

You mean Miyata?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah I was gonna say everyone except gloomy rear end Miyata has decided to keep moving forward.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Shindragon posted:

Yeah I was gonna say everyone except gloomy rear end Miyata has decided to keep moving forward.

Speaking of which, Chapter 1281.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Billzasilver posted:

Mashiba got over Ippo almost immediately after they fought

Well, if by "got over" you interpret to mean "is not professionally fixated on" and not "is fine with the idea of his sister being in a relationship with"

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I mean I want vorg and mashiba to challenge the world champions like Takamura did.

(Maybe this happened during the 5-10 years I skipped lol)

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Billzasilver posted:

I mean I want vorg and mashiba to challenge the world champions like Takamura did.

(Maybe this happened during the 5-10 years I skipped lol)

Vorg challenged and won, Mashiba's on his way to

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Vorg's one was so good, it ran through chapter 1,000. Just start a little before that to see what's up.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
LMAO

loving Miyata not knowing Math. Also Mashiba is a good person, treating the black cat.

edit: Yeah Vorg was the first one and man I remember all of us were like god he's gonna lose and were so drat happy he actually won.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

drat this chapter confirms that I am actually a dumbass since I have completely forgotten how to do factorials, though it's been like 17 years since I did math problems like that.

Miyata's face was my face when I was looking at those equations.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 12, 2019

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Mashiba, math whiz and secret friend to cats. As if I couldn't like him more.

Picnic Lunch
May 1, 2006

Damn tailgaters
Biscuit Hider
Impressive how every character in this series is more interesting than Ippo.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Picnic Lunch posted:

that's like, 90% of all media

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This was a really good chapter.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
over and over the comedy aspects of this manga are top tier. an entire gag on miyata not knowing how to do basic math and being embarassed about it owns

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Picnic Lunch posted:

But this chapter centered around Miyata, the one character less interesting than him.

Mashiba is great and I hope all the answers he gave were correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Adnor posted:

But this chapter centered around Miyata, the one character less interesting than him.

Mashiba is great and I hope all the answers he gave were correct.

I think Mashiba and maybe Kimura are probably the only actual intelligent people in the manga right?