Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Mr Hootington posted:

There is no prestiging

I guess everyone then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

dracula vladdy AF posted:

I'd even stick my neck out and say that UT2004 is probably the best arena shooter ever made for objective modes.

Conversely I've never really cared for CTF in any COD at all. I think the extremely quick time to kill, hitscan arsenal and no distinct maps for the mode kind of kill it. At least in a game like UT the maps for different objective modes were completely built around those modes.

CTF on Nuketown was great.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
gently caress I just got a banger quad kill and it doesn't look like the loving Nvidia thing saved it after saying it did. Is there some kind of temp folder it might have gotten dumped into?

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

PC players, what does your version show as on Battle.Net? I'm still showing 1.04 even after the 1.05 patch yesterday and it says it's up to date.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

E.G.G.S. posted:

One of the last perks you unlock changes killstreaks to pointstreaks.

Except it still resets when you die, it doesn't work like previous COD games where it keeps counting even after death.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I once shot a man...

... just to watch him die.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

it shriveled up posted:

PC players, what does your version show as on Battle.Net? I'm still showing 1.04 even after the 1.05 patch yesterday and it says it's up to date.

1.04.0.7215515. It's also stopped working right tonight, try to continue SP and it crashes, try to gently caress around in the armory and it's just a blank screen with the UI. I assume something got hosed while it was trying to rebuild shaders yet again.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Did the forum eat my post? Anyway whipped up some quick clips from the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6KhdODJzR8

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

1.04.0.7215515. It's also stopped working right tonight, try to continue SP and it crashes, try to gently caress around in the armory and it's just a blank screen with the UI. I assume something got hosed while it was trying to rebuild shaders yet again.

I believe the blank screen with the UI can be fixed by turning on the intro movie thing if you have that turned off.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I have no idea what to do on that loving bridge map.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Either join the sniper wars or leave the map for something better.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
They totally nail the mechanics and gunplay but man these maps suck out loud. I'd take typical three lane trash over any of these.

Also United Offensive owned. It was COD meets Battlefield and great. Ground War is not impressing me at all.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!

veni veni veni posted:

I have no idea what to do on that loving bridge map.

I sit by the pile of dirt with the .50 cal and camp the hole in the wall. If the spawn is on the other side I usually die a lot and pick off people from the death garage

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I'd kill for a couple Modern Warfare 1 or 2 maps.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Golashes posted:

gently caress I just got a banger quad kill and it doesn't look like the loving Nvidia thing saved it after saying it did. Is there some kind of temp folder it might have gotten dumped into?

Nah it's hosed, I think. I use the instant replay function instead, with a post-it note on my monitor to remind me it's active.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Pops Mgee posted:

I'd kill for a couple Modern Warfare 1 or 2 maps.

drat yea

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

I hope that, among other things, folks that leave matches get addressed somehow. Throw people in their own player pool if they leave too many matches in a given time frame. Backfilling for a stomp in progress isn't fun, and it's all I saw today.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Ground war : Took the stairs in the urban map all the way to the top of one of the skyscrapers because I guess the elevator was out of service? It took me about a full minute, when I finally got there I was shot in the back.

In the back! These players have no honour.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
That is awful and in clear breach of the gameneva convention

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Hey goons, there was a code for double XP on my bag of chips, I guess I'll drop those as I get them, enjoy:

8RC7-5YB2N-FX35

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

JoaoVitorBF posted:

Yep. The crossplay is input-based.

this was complete bullshit if anyone hasnt figured that out already,, ive been playing on pc with mouse and keyboard with my friends on console with gamepads since launch

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Could just mean it tries to match you unless you specifically put yourself in a party with both? :shrug:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

As an anti-social PS4 player without a party I sometimes get random mice as teammates and opponents.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I'm enjoying the game but I hate every map bar Hackney Yard. Too much debris and greeble.

Anyway I would like to play with non pubbies on PS4 so please friend me. HkFalken

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

HORMELCHILI posted:

this was complete bullshit if anyone hasnt figured that out already,, ive been playing on pc with mouse and keyboard with my friends on console with gamepads since launch

Yes, that’s how crossplay works.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

The more I play the more I feel like ALL the maps are miserable. I feel like I die constantly from enemies I never saw either because the spawns are so unpredictable or because there are so many vantage points or because people camp and sit in a corner you wouldn't think an enemy would sit in because it seems like they are spawning on the other side of the map. COD used to have pretty predictable spawns so that you would generally know which direction you should go in to find enemies. I spend half my time spinning around frozen in fear with no loving idea why guys are coming from one way or another.

I have never watched so many kill cams in all my days playing COD because I never used to feel totally baffled by how I got smoked so hard that I didn't even have a chance to shoot back.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah its impressive how i'm finding more and more places to check every time I go around a corner.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Qmass posted:

The more I play the more I feel like ALL the maps are miserable. I feel like I die constantly from enemies I never saw either because the spawns are so unpredictable or because there are so many vantage points or because people camp and sit in a corner you wouldn't think an enemy would sit in because it seems like they are spawning on the other side of the map. COD used to have pretty predictable spawns so that you would generally know which direction you should go in to find enemies. I spend half my time spinning around frozen in fear with no loving idea why guys are coming from one way or another.

I have never watched so many kill cams in all my days playing COD because I never used to feel totally baffled by how I got smoked so hard that I didn't even have a chance to shoot back.

Yeah i feel you man. It is mostly pure dumb luck that rules the firefights now. I get that they wanted to remove so called "power positions" so that elite assburger snipers cant lock down and entire lane by themselves, but I feel this map design is not in synch with the incredibly low TTK.

And on another note; the callouts in this game will gently caress you over so badly if you play with a friend and you like to stick together, because BOTH your characters will take turns saying "IM WITH YOU" over and over. Its ridiculous! The trigger for these callouts seem to be when obstacles separate you and a friend. Go past a table? IM WITH YOU. Go past a loving cardboard box? IM WITH YOU! Enter a room slightly after your friend? "IM WITH YOU"

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

GyverMac posted:

Yeah i feel you man. It is mostly pure dumb luck that rules the firefights now. I get that they wanted to remove so called "power positions" so that elite assburger snipers cant lock down and entire lane by themselves, but I feel this map design is not in synch with the incredibly low TTK.

And on another note; the callouts in this game will gently caress you over so badly if you play with a friend and you like to stick together, because BOTH your characters will take turns saying "IM WITH YOU" over and over. Its ridiculous! The trigger for these callouts seem to be when obstacles separate you and a friend. Go past a table? IM WITH YOU. Go past a loving cardboard box? IM WITH YOU! Enter a room slightly after your friend? "IM WITH YOU"

That's what real war is like, idiot.

I'M WITH YOU!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

In real life there are no respawns so you should be thankful!

But I don't really mind the maps myself. I don't really like Piccadilly too much but it's not that bad. The only map I HATE to play on is the Hackney Yard.

I looooove Grazna Raid, Euphrates Bridge, Ramazza and Aniyah Palace in that order. They are super fun for me.

Also, how to get night maps? I saw on some streams that certain maps have night-vision play. What mode is that?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I literally can't even finish a match :thumbsup:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Okay time for you Crashers to start pooling your setup data. Are you avoiding updates? Overclocking? My CPU is clocked up to 5 but none other, and I always keep Windows and everything else up to date. I also use Geforce experience. What do you have running in the background? I haven't had a single crash yet

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
After reducing my overclock from 4.8 to 4.6 (default is 3.7 for the 8700k) the crash stopped.
Other games never crashed.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
I held off for as long as i could, last night i set up a loadout for the 725 and i dont think ill ever go back to anything else.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

People that hold on to their M4 are really missing out. So many FUN weapons to use. Because that's what gaming is about. It's about FUN.

JoaoVitorBF
Aug 31, 2018

I AM THE DARKNESS

John F Bennett posted:

I guess the elevator was out of service? It took me about a full minute, when I finally got there I was shot in the back.

I believe you can use the elevator cables to climb to the top on some buildings

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Clavavisage posted:

I held off for as long as i could, last night i set up a loadout for the 725 and i dont think ill ever go back to anything else.

Welcome to the club motherfucker :unsmigghh: You'll earn the honorary title of "faggoty rear end shotgun camper" in no time!

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

GyverMac posted:

Welcome to the club motherfucker :unsmigghh: You'll earn the honorary title of "faggoty rear end shotgun camper" in no time!

Could you not parrot slurs? Thanks.

I split the difference and put the 725 on an overkilled loadout with an lmg. :getin:

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I'm using a Legendary weapon blueprint for the M4 I got from the campaign that a lot of fun. Also have they admitted a bunch of the Daily Quests just aren't working at all? I had one last night for using Field Upgrades that just was not counting uses at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Silenced M4 and Deagle was my jam in MW Classic TM - though I mainly played Hardcore where 1-2 bullets was lethal and the M4 is a laser.

This time around though, I've finally gotten my grubby mitts on the Oden and it is joyously different and chunky and effective.

It's especially rewarding if you get in the habit of aiming for heads since it's always lethal no matter the range.

---

To those of you far enough along: how is the Tracker perk?
I'm imagining Jackal from Siege, but I wonder all the same how useful the footprints are.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Oct 30, 2019