Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

ThomasPaine posted:

That is such a terrible idea lol

Heh, I half-hoped that CDPR will pull a bold move and the main character in Cyberpunk will be plain Geralt of Rivia with same face, voice, personality and backstory with minimal needed adaptation to future setting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

ZZZorcerer posted:

:hmmyes:

It’ll be cool if every face is someone mocaped, even if they don’t use the same voice. All ~ real faces

Didn’t some Japanese dev had some idea of using the same characters in different games like they’re actors ?

Swery did it with Forrest Kaysen.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
The specific instance they're probably thinking of is Laura, from Kenji Eno's D, D2, and Enemy Zero.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Avirosb posted:

Swery did it with Forrest Kaysen.

F.K. in another game?

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Oldstench posted:

F.K. in another game?

Spy Fiction

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Applied for the Tokyo release event. Hopefully no spoilers there (it's on the 10th)

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

The_White_Crane posted:

The specific instance they're probably thinking of is Laura, from Kenji Eno's D, D2, and Enemy Zero.

That’s the one ! :hf:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

The_White_Crane posted:

Is that the girl from A Bee Movie

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Sulphagnist posted:

They should do this with the Yakuza characters and their voice actors. Instead of making a Fist of the North Star game, make a Fist of the North Star game with the Yakuza characters playing the FotNS characters.

they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsU40wgXTKE

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

I think they mean the character models should also be the Yakuza ones dressed up as the FotNS characters. That said there is an option to switch Ken's model for Kiryu's, so almost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cng0zJ7HHg

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Brightman posted:

I think they mean the character models should also be the Yakuza ones dressed up as the FotNS characters. That said there is an option to switch Ken's model for Kiryu's, so almost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cng0zJ7HHg

drat forgot about that kiryu skin, they shoulda added one for jagi to be majima too, that would have owned.

they do that for the kenzan/ishin games at least.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 25, 2019

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Kiryu is one of the greatest characters ever. So drat epic. That said, Kenshiro is too, so I like to see his manly mug as well. I do like the idea of characters like Kiryu showing up in alternate versions, every dimension needs a hero like Kiryu. And a Solid Snake... and a Big Boss...

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Now that Amazon doesn't do the prime discounts anymore, is there any place to get this on release day for less than msrp? I don't really care about cosmetic pre-order bonuses or anything if it saves me some cash.

I guess those days are over, since it was Amazon and BestBuy trying to match each other. Was a good few years for deals though. I haven't noticed this kind of discount since then.

tuo posted:

Okay, so Kojima doesn't respect spoiler-tags either.

Joking aside, I think this game will be fun...all the strange stuff leaked till now reads like the ultimate Kojima game. I am really looking forward to it.

Oh yes, this will rule. I'm mega hyped, I want to give this game some breathing room as well though. MGS3 knocked my socks so far off, the entire series, best games around for their time for me. MGS being our main comparison.

This is like a new chapter for Hideo, I expect this to be very different. I'm less comparing it to his other games, more taking it in as it's own thing. It looks like the right kind of game for me right now, a lot of wandering an intriguing land, some of that epic surreal emotion and stoic heroism in a grim reality that Hideo does so well. I like that it looks less shooty combat oriented than other games, and in general it looks like a very cool new twist on an exploration open world adventure.

But no doubt you could call it the ultimate Hideo game, since it'll be fully unleashed Hideo doing whatever he wants, full on Hideo. Just big shoes to fill if comparing to each of his previous hits.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 27, 2019

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
https://twitter.com/KojiPro2015_EN/status/1188787623965401088

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Seems weird to announce this now instead of a later announcement and releasing it a year later on PC

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I'm just glad they confirmed it. Now I can never click on this thread for the next half-year and go in blind knowing nothing but Conan.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm still probably going to get it for PS4 because my available SSD space is decreasing and that old thing needs a workout.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

JBP posted:

Seems weird to announce this now instead of a later announcement and releasing it a year later on PC

Sony definitely didn't want this lol

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
HOT drat! Well that settles it for me. Not even that long of a wait and I'll have Cyberpunk in between.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Well gently caress, I wouldnt have bought this PS4 if I knew it was coming out that soon. I figured it would be years before we saw it on PC.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Yeah, I was thinking it would be post-PS5 release at the earliest. Not uh, like 6-9 months? My backlog is built for this poo poo.

Is this good/bad/not important?

https://twitter.com/505_Games/status/1188801879100272640

Look Sir Droids fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Oct 28, 2019

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Look Sir Droids posted:

Yeah, I was thinking it would be post-PS5 release at the earliest. Not uh, like 6-9 months? My backlog is built for this poo poo.

Is this good/bad/not important?

https://twitter.com/505_Games/status/1188801879100272640

They published Control on PC which currently has a 1 year exclusivity deal with the Epic Game Store. Take that how you will.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
they are playing bits of the soundtrack on kojima productions twitch stream and it sounds awesome. very vangelis.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/kojima_hideo/status/1187291264443539461?s=21

In Japan, Conan is going to be voiced by Joseph Joestar

It sounds like they’re intentionally making it a cheesy 70’s dub? which sounds interesting

CIGNX
May 7, 2006

You can trust me
That's also the Japanese voice actor for Kazuhira Miller

FatalT
Sep 11, 2001

I'm BLUE da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee...
All I can say is, Good luck avoiding story spoilers for the next 6-9 months!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FatalT posted:

All I can say is, Good luck avoiding story spoilers for the next 6-9 months!

Yeah really, waiting is not an option for me. I have to play this at launch. I will be double dipping on PC version next year.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I love how he's created this very serious and emotionally deep narrative about saying connected at the end of the world, and then a week before release it's like GET YOUR FREE OTTER HAT FROM CONAN O'BRIEN!

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

I said come in! posted:

Yeah really, waiting is not an option for me. I have to play this at launch. I will be double dipping on PC version next year.

:hai:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheMostFrench posted:

I love how he's created this very serious and emotionally deep narrative about saying connected at the end of the world, and then a week before release it's like GET YOUR FREE OTTER HAT FROM CONAN O'BRIEN!

I mean, all of the Metal Gear Solid games were like this too, they all super silly stuff in them to break up what was some pretty heavy subject matter for a video game.

FatalT
Sep 11, 2001

I'm BLUE da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee...

I said come in! posted:

I mean, all of the Metal Gear Solid games were like this too, they all super silly stuff in them to break up what was some pretty heavy subject matter for a video game.

The chicken hat for example in MGSV for people playing on the SUPER EASY difficulty mode.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

TheMostFrench posted:

It honestly wouldn't be a kojima game without all the wacky poo poo

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

GET YOUR FREE OTTER HAT FROM CONAN O'BRIEN should be the thread title, don't even have "Death Stranding" in it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I imagine the peeing mechanic will be confusing to a lot of players, but for anyone who has played a lot of Kojima games, it's not even surprising at all and is peak Kojima.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

FatalT posted:

The chicken hat for example in MGSV for people playing on the SUPER EASY difficulty mode.

IIRC you also got it if you died in a mission five times. I...I just heard that from a friend, of course. Never happened to me, no....never!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Launch trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-hyFSivSmw

In very Kojima fashion, it's nearly 8 minutes long

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Macaluso posted:

Launch trailer:

Nice! Time to watch some Kojima. See you in eight minutes to post the Krusty "what the hell was that" gif.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
That's a LOT of stuff we haven't seen before. I guess most of the videos so far have been from the first three chapters that previewers are allowed to talk about.

My guess is that the first three chapters will be a lot of walking to "reconnect America", then you get to the west coast and poo poo gets real in chapter four onwards.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm so loving excited.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Very interesting tidbits. Appears Mads is the one that started all this. Is the BB that Norman Peedus carries the same as the one Mads is shown stealing?

I kind of feel like there's some time fuckery with President Amelie. She's usually shown in her prime, but we also see her old and sick and I got the feeling she is BB. Also got the feeling she may be the real villain. Was she seeking immortality and broke the life and death cycle?

Also, was that a dinosaur swimming around at the 3:15 mark?

Kojima, you magnificent bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Macaluso posted:

Launch trailer:

in typical Kojima fashion, it's revealed that the months of videos we've been seeing are super obviously from just an incredibly narrow slice of probably rather early game stuff because holy poo poo 90% of that video was just wildin out.

Also in typical Kojima fashion, 'my real name...is America' is literally one of the funniest dramatic reveals I've heard in ages