Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Arcsquad12 posted:

Big Man Japan is worth it for the ending fight constantly undercutting it's tension by dropping the music whenever the other heroes start beating the poo poo out of Satan.

I like to imagine the Ultras adopted Big Man Japan and made him part of the family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh my god I had no idea how big the box was and I love it.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

and here I am mashing f5 on the usps tracking

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Nooooooo

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Arcsquad12 posted:

Terror of Mechagodzilla on TCM. I missed Godzilla vs Megalon and I'm sad I missed the double dropkick.

Edit:
I feel that Terror of Mechagodzilla is the better of the two Mechagodzilla movies since it moves a lot faster and the fights are better. I do think it's one of those instances where it improves on the original but only because the original is a solid foundation, like how Guardians volume 2 is only as good as it is because it is building on the strengths of Guardians vol. 1.

What cable company to you have? If you have Spectrum, you can go to TCM On Demand and watch GvM there.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

OH MY GOD... zillaaa (I want to punch that man in the face)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Davros1 posted:

What cable company to you have? If you have Spectrum, you can go to TCM On Demand and watch GvM there.

I watched GvM right before Terror. I only missed Godzilla vs Megalon which made me sad

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vintersorg posted:

OH MY GOD... zillaaa (I want to punch that man in the face)

He’s a hero.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

That happened to me too. They routed it to the wrong state.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I feel weird calling this box set a "box" set, but "book" set is even weirder. Being taller than any other movie box set I own is thematically appropriate.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm gonna post some photos.

(Original Godzilla Blu-ray release for scale)

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I need a print of this image for my wall:

And this one:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I was expecting the set to be more like the Criterion Zatoichi set but this is amazing

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

brb gonna rob a bank so i can get the zilla set

funky not a junkie
Aug 5, 2011
I wasn’t expecting it to be so drat huge, now I’m even more excited for it but I gotta figure out where the hell im gonna put it

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Can't wait to put this right next to my criterion Bergman box set.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

funky not a junkie posted:

I wasn’t expecting it to be so drat huge, now I’m even more excited for it but I gotta figure out where the hell im gonna put it

How's the state of your ceiling?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's taller than all of the spaces in my bookshelves. I don't have a practical place to put it. :shepface:

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Need a bookshelf shaped like a city skyline

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I've already pre ordered it in the UK, and it's a gorgeous edition, but honestly its impractical nature is putting me off. Have Criterion said if they are planning a standard release?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/Criterion/status/1188536252049625090

I appreciate them using footage of Godzilla's spine to advertise it being spine #1000.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

PriorMarcus posted:

I've already pre ordered it in the UK, and it's a gorgeous edition, but honestly its impractical nature is putting me off. Have Criterion said if they are planning a standard release?

It's the same form factor as the Bergman set. Which means no standard edition but if you want to pay them for each movie on its own you might be able to do that over the next several years for way more than the set costs.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The zilla box is taller than the Bergman set box. Thinner tho

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I didn't think to take a picture of the thinness, but it's pretty physically thin.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I'm still mad KOTM had a literal plot device. And that they didn't even need it. The computer on their giant hypersonic jet locates and identifies Ghidorah when they're within Star Trek sensor range or whatever. By the way, how are they all standing up and walking around inside a vehicle moving faster than sound? And why do they need a device to find the giant monsters that are easy to spot because they're giant monsters? And why did the local news reporter deliver the line "This is the greatest disaster in the history of the world" with the exact same cadence a local news person would say "Officials agree, the fireman should be lauded for removing the cat from the tree." And furthermore.......

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
The speed of the vehicle is irrelevant if it's not actively accelerating.

You know that the Concorde was a commercial passenger aircraft that flew supersonic right? And it still had walkin' around space.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Animal-Mother posted:

And why did the local news reporter deliver the line "This is the greatest disaster in the history of the world" with the exact same cadence a local news person would say "Officials agree, the fireman should be lauded for removing the cat from the tree." And furthermore.......

Arguably that's how they're supposed to do it

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Gotta love that ancient humans got along just fine with their kaiju overlords but modern humans gotta either destroy or control them

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Vinylshadow posted:

Gotta love that ancient humans got along just fine with their kaiju overlords but modern humans gotta either destroy or control them

Ancient people weren't destroying the planet via climate change so the Kaiju had no reason to care about them.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

I appreciate that the boxset towers over regular DVD cases but I too can't fit it upright on my shelves. It's a little much.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

So my Criterion set showed up yesterday and I threw in Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster just to see how it looked. This is what greeted me:

Many of the shots I watched had this strip of digital noise or something pop up along the bottom just before a cut.
Is this a remnant from the film print, or possibly an authoring error on the disc? It’s incredibly distracting.

Edit: Okay, seems like it’s a problem with the disc specifically. Both of the other movies on Disc 3 have the same issue. None of the other discs I’ve tried so far exhibit any problems. Work’s a little slow today, obviously.

Splint Chesthair fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Oct 30, 2019

funky not a junkie
Aug 5, 2011
I watched mothra vs godzilla last night which is on the same disc and I noticed the same things

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Man y'all weren't kidding with the box being loving tall. I've got an inch or so of clearance above my Bergman set and it is still too tall to fit on that shelf. gently caress.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Splint Chesthair posted:

So my Criterion set showed up yesterday and I threw in Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster just to see how it looked. This is what greeted me:

Many of the shots I watched had this strip of digital noise or something pop up along the bottom just before a cut.
Is this a remnant from the film print, or possibly an authoring error on the disc? It’s incredibly distracting.

Edit: Okay, seems like it’s a problem with the disc specifically. Both of the other movies on Disc 3 have the same issue. None of the other discs I’ve tried so far exhibit any problems. Work’s a little slow today, obviously.

The classic media dvds from like 2007 had the same line. So it’s a problem with the source.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://kotaku.com/japan-getting-li...k&ICID=ref_fark

Who's getting a ticket to Japan so they can zipline from a life sized Godzilla?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Davros1 posted:

https://kotaku.com/japan-getting-li...k&ICID=ref_fark

Who's getting a ticket to Japan so they can zipline from a life sized Godzilla?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If a three headed dragon and a buzzsaw chicken show up then I'm out. Otherwise, drat son yes I will.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Holy poo poo that Godzilla. A friend tweeted a shot of the model earlier but the way he talked about it (and he's a fellow toy maker) I thought it was a big garage kit coming out.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Wish it was one of the old Showa or the new Legendary Godzillas. I find Shin Godzilla repulsive aesthetically (he's v. cool don't get me wrong, and I like the movie a lot) and yes I know I'm alone in that, lots of people love the Shinster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:siren:CRITEREON SHOWA GODZILLA SET ON SALE AT B&N FOR $112.49:siren: